Log for #openttd on 1st March 2006:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:00:48  *** dp [] has joined #openttd
00:01:02  *** iridium`nh [] has quit ["Peace and Protection 4.22"]
00:03:16  *** Cipri [] has quit []
00:03:17  *** e1ko [] has quit ["Chatzilla 0.9.67+ [SeaMonkey 1.0/2006013012]"]
00:06:33  <Bjarni> Turulo: yeah, it's nice just to declare to us that you can't spell in English instead of to everybody connecting to your server for all eternity :p
00:06:56  *** Spoco [] has quit []
00:10:41  <Bjarni> goodnight people
00:10:45  <Bjarni> see you some other time
00:10:54  <Bjarni> Darkvater: commit frenzy now
00:11:02  <Bjarni> I'm not here to blame you for mistakes ;)
00:11:08  <Bjarni> hint: timer stuff
00:11:24  *** Bjarni [] has quit ["Leaving"]
00:12:57  <Darkvater> bleh
00:13:48  *** dp-- [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:13:49  *** dp is now known as dp--
00:34:38  *** Zr40_ [] has joined #openttd
00:34:42  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
00:44:08  <Darkvater> goodnight all :)
00:47:13  <DaleStan> Darkvater: Exactly when are terminal selection entries useful? I see them when in the hangar and in this bit {36,ENDLANDING,IN_WAY_block,36}, {36,255,TERM_GROUP1_block,0}, {36,255,TERM_GROUP2_ENTER1_block,1}, ... , but there's no similar example for choppers. Also, that looks like it might contain a goto-self, but that the hangar sections do not. Does it contain a goto-self, and if so, why the difference?
01:19:08  *** BJH [] has quit ["Chatzilla 0.9.68a [Mozilla rv:1.7.3/20040910]"]
01:25:32  *** Born_Acorn [] has quit []
01:44:37  *** Zr40_ is now known as Zr40
01:50:29  *** XXAL [] has quit [""]
02:00:48  <CIA-5> belugas * r3691 /branch/tfc_newmap/map/:
02:38:13  *** Prof_Frink [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
03:10:04  <CIA-5> belugas * r3692 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (18 files): [tfc_newmap] -Installment of accessors files.
03:35:07  <CIA-5> belugas * r3693 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (rail_cmd.c road.h road_cmd.c tile.h): [tfc_newmap] -Synching with trunk r3689
03:38:03  *** Torrasque__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
04:31:01  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
04:34:30  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
04:39:12  <CIA-5> belugas * r3694 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (11 files):
04:39:12  <CIA-5> [tfc_newmap] Removal of (Get/Set)MapExtraBits, to be replaced by (Get|Set)TropicZoneType
04:39:12  <CIA-5> (and a tiny bit more but unsignificant)
04:56:24  *** Celestar [] has quit [Connection reset by peer]
04:56:25  *** Celestar [] has joined #openttd
05:15:37  *** tokai|ni [] has joined #openttd
05:25:24  *** tokai [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
05:53:58  *** Oktal [n=mat@adsl-83-100-187-64.karoo.KCOM.COM] has joined #openttd
06:03:22  *** alastair [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:13:30  *** Osai [] has joined #openttd
06:15:10  *** Osai [] has left #openttd []
06:18:50  *** ThePizzaKing [] has joined #openttd
06:39:10  <CIA-5> tron * r3695 /trunk/road_cmd.c: Add 2 MarkTileByTile() which I forgot in r3689 (noticed by Belugas)
06:46:47  *** Xeryus|ZzZ is now known as XeryusTC
06:51:44  *** RoySmeding [] has joined #openttd
06:54:42  *** ThePizzaKing [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:56:50  *** alastair [] has joined #openttd
06:57:31  *** Singaporekid [] has joined #openttd
06:58:56  *** XeryusTC is now known as Xeryus|school
07:05:37  *** ThePizzaKing [] has joined #openttd
07:15:28  *** Diablo-D3 [] has joined #openttd
07:17:10  <peter1138> hmm, cold
07:19:24  <hylje> hot
07:19:42  *** Jenkz [] has joined #openttd
07:19:44  <Tron> foo_map.[ch] <-- functions for manipulating the map regarding tile type foo
07:19:45  <Tron> foo_cmd.[ch] <-- commands
07:19:45  <Tron> foo_gui.[ch] <-- gui stuff for this tile type
07:19:45  <Tron> foo.[ch] <-- other functions, not fitting in the former categories (for example MoveGoodsToStation for stations, ...)
07:20:11  <Tron> opinions?
07:26:46  <peter1138> sounds good to me
07:26:50  *** Aankhen`` [n=pockled@] has joined #openttd
07:31:21  *** Torrasque [] has joined #openttd
07:43:41  *** ThePizzaKing [] has quit ["Let's got to London!!!"]
07:45:32  *** Markavian is now known as voravian
07:55:57  *** mgla [n=mgla@wikipedia/mgla] has joined #openttd
08:04:43  <Celestar> blathijs: re-ping
08:04:43  *** Zerot_ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:04:53  <blathijs> Celestar: ping
08:04:54  <blathijs> uh
08:04:57  <blathijs> pong
08:05:49  *** DaleStan [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
08:05:49  *** DaleStan_ [] has joined #openttd
08:05:51  *** DaleStan_ is now known as DaleStan
08:06:15  <Celestar> :)
08:06:28  <Celestar> blathijs: did you happen to have a chance to take a look at my NPF question?
08:06:38  *** Zerot_ [] has joined #openttd
08:06:40  <blathijs> which?
08:08:30  *** mgla [n=mgla@wikipedia/mgla] has quit [""Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." - Terry Pratchett"]
08:08:55  <Celestar> blathijs: did you get my diff the other day?
08:09:12  * blathijs doesn't think so?
08:09:18  <Celestar> ok that can be changed.
08:09:31  * Celestar updates diff
08:10:04  <Celestar> bah I hate edited .h files
08:10:28  <Celestar> gimme ~= 3 minutes
08:11:30  * blathijs is really tight on time, so I will probably not give you a decent response until later this week
08:11:36  <Celestar> there we go
08:11:37  <blathijs> and I'm off to breakfast now
08:11:44  <Celestar> just take the DCCs before that :P
08:11:55  <blathijs> gimme then
08:12:01  <Celestar> it's already there :P
08:13:04  <Celestar>
08:13:10  <Celestar> taken dis one
08:13:45  <Celestar> roadveh_cmd.c:1591. swap those lines, run savegame, you will understand/see
08:15:14  <Celestar> blathijs: ok I'll bug you on sunday then
08:15:40  *** Bjarni [] has joined #openttd
08:15:44  *** mode/#openttd [+o Bjarni] by ChanServ
08:16:08  <blathijs> Celestar: thanks :-)
08:24:52  *** stefan [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:25:08  *** stefan [] has joined #openttd
08:32:17  * peter1138 returneth
08:34:08  <peter1138> Bjarni: you're semi-right about the rail conversion stuff
08:34:21  <peter1138> Bjarni: just changing the rail type shouldn't cause any problems
08:34:26  <peter1138> but, it's a crap solution
08:35:19  *** voravian is now known as Markavian`
08:38:35  <Bjarni> yeah, I will never commit such a thing
08:41:45  *** tokai|ni [] has quit ["icebears... take care of them!"]
08:42:08  *** Turulo [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:44:31  *** tokai [] has joined #openttd
08:49:56  *** TL|Away is now known as TrueLight
08:52:16  *** Oktal [n=mat@adsl-83-100-187-64.karoo.KCOM.COM] has quit ["Boring generic quit message"]
08:56:42  <CIA-5> tron * r3696 /trunk/ (rail_cmd.c rail_map.h road_cmd.c waypoint.c): Add functions to turn a tile into a normal rail tile/depot/waypoint. This is just a tiny step, the rail code needs way more love and caring
09:05:05  <peter1138> hmm
09:05:40  *** Diablo-D3 [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
09:06:22  *** Diablo-D3 [] has joined #openttd
09:07:38  *** Spoco [] has joined #openttd
09:21:00  <peter1138> whatever happened to docs. being automatic?
09:21:51  *** Aankhen`` [n=pockled@] has quit ["Reboot [Time wasted online: 1hr 55mins 7secs]"]
09:25:12  <Darkvater> fascinating, it's first of \Marchaand it's snowing
09:27:31  <Tron> any objections to renaming DIAG1/DIAG2 to X/Y?
09:27:55  <Darkvater> please do
09:27:58  <Tron> imo the latter conveys better in which direction the rail is going
09:28:06  <Darkvater> although I also always get confused by which is X and which is Y :P
09:28:31  <Tron> well, what confuses you less? 1/2 or X/Y? (:
09:28:41  <Darkvater> btw, anyone has an msvcr80.dll file for me? I'd like to do some ... eh 'work' here and can't run tortoisemerge :(
09:29:04  <Darkvater> X_IS_FROM_TOP_RIGHT_TO_BOTTOM_LEFT is the most clear imho
09:29:06  * peter1138 looks
09:29:31  <Tron> uhm, nothing agains expressive names, but that's a /bit/ over the top
09:30:31  <peter1138> Darkvater:
09:30:37  <peter1138> (spot the dumping ground)
09:30:45  <TrueLight> > 80 chars
09:30:47  <TrueLight> lovely!
09:30:55  <peter1138> !
09:31:04  <peter1138> but we don't have a top right or bottom left
09:31:17  <peter1138> we only have top, left, right and bottom corners :)
09:32:00  <peter1138> hmm, unless you mean screen, not map. doh.
09:32:10  <peter1138> X_IS_/_Y_IS_\ ;)
09:32:12  <Bjarni> gah
09:32:13  <Rubidium> Tron: for DIAG1/DIAG2: NE_SW and NW_SE, but then also change UPPER to NW_NE or so
09:32:20  <Bjarni> don't remind me of screen x,y stuff
09:32:44  <Bjarni> I still need to kick eglandil for using functions that are PPC only :/
09:32:51  <Rubidium> then you can create TrackDirs NE_SW and SW_NE
09:33:17  <peter1138> but you're the OS X expert bjaqrni
09:33:21  <peter1138> -q
09:34:53  <Bjarni> well, I didn't know that
09:35:04  <Bjarni> it didn't even warn about it on PPC
09:35:08  <Bjarni> o_O
09:35:37  <Bjarni> and the way I read the header files it's included in, it should warn that it's decapitated
09:35:58  <Bjarni> anyway eglandil did the research on the video stuff, not me
09:36:04  <Bjarni> I'm not a video expert
09:38:19  *** e1ko [] has joined #openttd
09:38:36  <Bjarni> anyway, I'm off
09:39:04  <Darkvater> DaleStan: choppers did not have terminal-groups set up in any FTA because it wasn't needed on the international airport. The loop is there because you are in that special state where you get a new state so will pick a new destination from the list of possibilities. But I have to look at it in more detail later to become clear
09:39:09  <peter1138> decapitated? lol
09:39:31  <Darkvater> DaleStan: there is the same self-loop in position 42 for choppers
09:39:34  <Bjarni> wait a moment
09:40:28  <Darkvater> thx peter1138
09:40:40  <CIA-5> tron * r3697 /trunk/ (8 files): Rename DIAG1/DIAG2 to X resp. Y as this conveys a bit better in which direction a pieces of rail goes
09:40:52  <peter1138> hmm?
09:41:04  <Darkvater> dll
09:41:13  <peter1138> oh... so long ago, i forgot :)
09:41:20  <peter1138> << goldfish
09:41:21  <Darkvater> had to read back :P
09:41:42  <Darkvater> hmm
09:41:43  <Darkvater> You don't have permission to access /ottd/msvcr80.dll on this server.
09:41:46  <peter1138> doh
09:41:57  <peter1138> do now
09:42:08  <Bjarni> peter1138: deprecated
09:42:15  <Bjarni> damn spelling tool :(
09:42:35  <Darkvater> great it downloads it as a text file :s
09:42:51  <Bjarni> anyway now I'm leaving for real
09:43:53  <Darkvater> peter1138: got MSVCP80.dll as well? :P
09:43:59  <Darkvater> I hope I don't need any more
09:44:01  <Darkvater> bah
09:46:24  *** Prof_Frink [] has joined #openttd
09:46:44  <peter1138> hmm
09:47:40  <peter1138> ok, it's there
09:47:42  <Darkvater> :)
09:49:53  <peter1138> anything else? :)
09:50:08  <peter1138> const Vehicle *v
09:50:22  <peter1138> @param v [What would you put here?]
09:51:28  *** Spoco [] has quit []
09:51:53  <Diablo-D3> I'm currently doing a radio show:
09:58:42  <Darkvater> peter1138: whohoo, it works :D
10:03:06  <Darkvater> peter1138: what function?
10:03:32  *** Tron [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
10:03:46  *** Tron_ [] has joined #openttd
10:03:48  *** Tron [] has joined #openttd
10:04:01  <peter1138> getvehiclepalette
10:04:16  <Darkvater> vehicle to get colour of
10:04:17  <Darkvater> or something
10:10:00  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
10:25:41  <Celestar> hi Darkvater
10:27:01  *** BurningFeetMan [] has joined #openttd
10:27:21  <BurningFeetMan> Hey peoples, need a hand setting up an online game
10:28:09  * TrueLight gives BurningFeetMan a feet
10:28:12  <TrueLight> sorry, ran out of hands
10:28:21  <BurningFeetMan> haha
10:28:26  <Diablo-D3> foot, TrueLight.
10:28:37  <TrueLight> foot, feet, who cares
10:28:41  <TrueLight> BurningFeetMan: what is the problem
10:28:41  <TrueLight> ?
10:28:48  <BurningFeetMan> I'm behind a router... could this be stopping people from seeing my game?
10:29:02  <Celestar> yes BurningFeetMan , you needa forward the approprieate ports
10:29:02  <Diablo-D3> BurningFeetMan: probably
10:29:05  <TrueLight> BurningFeetMan: not if you forward 2 ports
10:29:08  <TrueLight> one TCP, one UDP
10:29:10  <BurningFeetMan> IE, I have to open ports...
10:29:12  <TrueLight> check our lovely wiki :)
10:29:18  <BurningFeetMan> I was looking for the link
10:29:23  <Celestar> not open, forward :)
10:29:23  <TrueLight> ;)
10:29:25  <BurningFeetMan> Then found this one first :D
10:29:48  <Celestar> :)
10:29:58  <TrueLight>
10:30:00  <BurningFeetMan> I must say, I'm most impressed with the current state of the TTD community!
10:30:02  <TrueLight> can't be easier :)
10:30:47  <BurningFeetMan> Are many people still working on bits and pieces of differnt mods? Or mainly just a core group of a few people?
10:34:27  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
10:36:12  <BurningFeetMan> okies, I started a new game with my ports forwarded... anyone see BFM (Sydney Australia) ?
10:37:16  <TrueLight> BurningFeetMan: check the ServerList at
10:37:21  <TrueLight> if he sees you, everyone can see you
10:37:28  <TrueLight> make sure you enabled server_advertise
10:39:17  <BurningFeetMan> Looks like it's all working! My mate who's 3000km away is logging in!
10:39:39  <TrueLight> Enjoy playing :)
10:39:48  <peter1138> hmm
10:39:55  <TrueLight> instead of the required distance of 3000 mm we had with TT
10:39:58  <TrueLight> we can no have 3000 km
10:40:03  <TrueLight> a factor 10^6 ;)
10:41:10  <Celestar> hr hr
10:41:17  <Celestar> hey peter1138
10:41:45  <peter1138> hello :)
10:42:29  <Celestar> hows stuff?
10:43:46  *** eQualizer [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
10:44:14  <peter1138> alright... busy...
10:44:51  <Celestar> work?
10:44:55  <peter1138> *nod*
10:45:03  * peter1138 waits for vs2005 to wake up
10:46:50  <Celestar> lol
10:46:52  <Celestar>  poor guy
10:47:20  <peter1138> yeah, i'm writing xslt at the moment
10:47:55  *** eQualizer [] has joined #openttd
10:47:57  <Celestar> what is that?
10:48:27  <DjViper> xml stuff
10:51:54  *** Turulo [] has joined #openttd
10:56:56  *** BurningFeetMan [] has quit ["Chatzilla [Firefox]"]
11:08:39  <Qball> poor peter1138
11:10:34  <Celestar> bah I need a pause_game(); function
11:12:44  *** TrueLight [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:15:08  *** AmiX2 [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:15:13  *** e1ko is now known as e1ko_AfK
11:16:14  <Celestar> hm ..
11:18:26  *** Scia [] has joined #openttd
11:22:55  <Diablo-D3> [amsg] I'm still doing my radio stream, tune in;
11:23:09  <Celestar> Wee ms works much better now
11:26:29  <Celestar> Darkvater: you there?
11:31:02  <Darkvater> Celestar: kinda, but not in a devving state
11:32:01  <Celestar> pity :P
11:32:12  <Celestar> tell me if you encounter a state change :P
11:33:55  <Darkvater> will do :)
11:34:40  <peter1138> anyone with xslt-fu? heh
11:35:04  <Celestar> hhhmmmpfff
11:35:13  <peter1138> i need a "if (blah == A || blah == X) ... else ..." type construct
11:35:56  <Celestar> I really don't understand how NPF is working
11:36:38  <peter1138> is it?
11:37:06  <Celestar> often yes
11:37:12  <Celestar> isn't it?
11:41:26  <peter1138> i don't know :)
11:43:10  <Celestar> if NPF returns -1, it means no path was found, right?
11:45:25  <Celestar> there IS a path, i can SEE it :P
11:48:07  *** BJH [] has joined #openttd
11:48:21  <Celestar> its 5 tiles away :S
11:49:31  *** Zr40_ [] has joined #openttd
11:50:29  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
11:52:54  <KUDr>  Celestar: can you post savegame/config/case description somewhere? I can look at it today evening..
11:54:00  <Celestar> KUDr: for the NPF problem?
11:54:05  <KUDr> yes
11:54:10  <Celestar> can you accept DCC?
11:54:35  <KUDr> i am now in NPF quite deeply so it should not be problem if I can repro it
11:54:51  <KUDr> hmm, don't think so, we can try it
11:54:52  <Celestar> it's easy :)
11:55:03  <Celestar> you on win or linux?
11:55:14  <KUDr> can you give me a minimal case with one train only?
11:55:24  <KUDr> Win
11:55:28  <Celestar> it's not train related :)
11:55:35  <KUDr> aha
11:55:41  <KUDr> rv?
11:55:44  <Celestar> but it seems rather general
11:56:07  <KUDr> can you repro it with one vehicle only map?
11:56:25  <Celestar> no, but the vehicle it stopped and I can show you where the call is done
11:56:27  <KUDr> something like 8x8 minimal case
11:57:03  <KUDr> ok, I will try to trace it
11:57:20  <KUDr> post it on forum under "Problems"
11:57:41  <KUDr> I will look at it at evening
11:57:46  <Celestar> wait a sec
11:57:51  <KUDr> do you know vehicle index?
11:58:15  <KUDr> or exact tile coordinates
11:59:05  <Celestar>
11:59:18  <Celestar> the vehicle in question is unitnumber 206
11:59:20  <peter1138> Celestar: are you using  RoadFindPathToStation() as it is now?
11:59:29  <Celestar> (index 1229)
11:59:40  <Celestar> most other vehicles are stopped anyway
11:59:44  <Celestar> peter1138: yes I'm trying to
11:59:58  <peter1138> Celestar: ok, that's returning the value of the NPF call
12:00:03  <peter1138> but the NPF call returns... a struct
12:00:19  <Celestar> peter1138: I'm returning one element of a struct ..
12:00:26  *** tokai|noir [] has joined #openttd
12:00:37  <C-Otto> openttd sucks
12:00:50  <peter1138> correct, i misread the .best_path_dist...
12:00:54  <C-Otto> 10 lost hours - alone yesterday.
12:01:20  *** Xeryus|school is now known as XeryusTC
12:01:30  <Celestar> C-Otto: ?
12:01:33  <Celestar> XeryusTC: hi
12:01:48  <XeryusTC> hi Celestar
12:01:55  <Celestar> KUDr: you needa apply the diff in the tar.gz
12:02:25  <KUDr> Celestar: ok, i have it. sy evening
12:02:56  <KUDr> tell me if you solve it sooner
12:02:56  <Celestar> great
12:02:58  <Celestar> :)
12:03:10  <Celestar> KUDr: I'm working at the moment, so the likelyhood is rather low
12:03:36  <KUDr> yeah, me too ;)
12:04:35  <C-Otto> Celestar: it's addictive
12:04:41  <Diablo-D3> [amsg] Okay, shows over. Audacious won't quit locking up every dozen songs or so. We had a peak of 6 listeners in the past 2 hours, and I think thats a new record for the station. Thanks everyone!
12:04:59  <C-Otto> Diablo-D3: wow.
12:05:10  <C-Otto> i stream television to 50 users :P
12:05:16  <Diablo-D3> url?
12:05:32  <C-Otto> not for you, though
12:05:36  <C-Otto> only inside the university network
12:05:41  <C-Otto> too much traffic, 300 MBit/sec peak
12:06:24  <Diablo-D3> heh
12:06:27  <BurtyB> thats more bandwidth per stream than our commercial broadband TV providers use per channel in the UK.
12:06:43  <Diablo-D3> way much too traffic
12:06:50  * Diablo-D3 only gets 768kbit
12:06:54  <C-Otto> Diablo-D3: 11 TB this month
12:07:22  <C-Otto> BurtyB: in germany we have DVB-T with radio signals, there the bandwith is about a third or so
12:07:28  <C-Otto> looks crappy
12:07:53  <BurtyB> here its about 3.1Mbit for a channel, but discovery use less last time I looked
12:08:19  <Celestar> bach in 5
12:08:39  <C-Otto> i helped establishing a system that streams all (good) satellite channels via multicast, throughout the whole university .)
12:08:56  <C-Otto> and for those (inside the university) that cannot use multicast (vpn and such) i stream unicast
12:09:10  <BurtyB> heh, if only multicast worked properly and widely on the big bad web
12:09:45  <C-Otto> well, it could work without problems (i can even watch czech television here)
12:09:49  <C-Otto> but there are other problems
12:09:52  <C-Otto> mainly redundancy
12:10:11  <C-Otto> there is no effective way to ensure quick recovery of failures
12:10:16  <C-Otto> or even 100% redundancy
12:10:43  <C-Otto> another problem: anyone can bomb the address you want to use, which basically cuts off a huge part of the network so that this segment cannot view your data
12:11:11  <C-Otto> but the biggest problem: the dsl providers and such will not upgrade, as there is no content -> vicious circle
12:11:28  <BurtyB> heh, about as bad as the ipv6 argument ;)
12:11:46  <C-Otto> well, ipv6 will become handy soon
12:11:57  <C-Otto> luckily multicast is included in ipv6 :)
12:12:28  <BurtyB> yeah, I reluctantly started to provide it on our network.. tho I'm not too pleased about the lack of redundancy unless your a member of RIPE
12:14:14  *** Osai [] has joined #openttd
12:27:06  *** kujeger [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
12:27:23  *** kujeger_work [] has joined #openttd
12:29:35  *** Torrasque_ [] has joined #openttd
12:31:43  <CIA-5> tron * r3698 /trunk/ (rail_cmd.c road.h road_cmd.c): Add GetCrossingRailBits() and ComplementRoadBits(). Simplify the code by using them
12:32:19  <guru3> Simplify the
12:32:19  <guru3>                   code by using them
12:32:27  <guru3> is that like a puzzle for osmeone?
12:33:22  <peter1138> ...
12:33:36  <guru3> just curious
12:40:29  *** Singaporekid is now known as Skiddles^
12:45:53  *** Torrasque [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
12:57:00  <tokai|noir> who broke the openttd build? :)
12:57:31  *** Born_Acorn [] has joined #openttd
12:58:51  * Vornicus broke the build!  With his evil build-breaking device!
12:58:56  <Vornicus> muuaaahaahaaahaaaaa!
12:59:34  <tokai|noir> well.. its a conflict i have here.. but why svn up didnt teold me about it:)
12:59:44  <Tron> "I recall that SDL library currently does not support true color though"
12:59:57  <Tron> another pile of nonesense from DimitryKo
13:00:11  <Celestar> Tron: that is hilarious :)
13:01:00  <Celestar> KUDr: that is indeed rather weird, every call for that vehicle fails
13:01:00  <tokai|noir> he must use a very old amiga port of sdl it seems:)
13:01:35  <Tron> would somebody just tell him to shut up?
13:01:42  <Celestar> the amiga had 32 bit color long before PC had 8 bit
13:01:54  <tokai|noir> Tron: who is he anyway? and where? :)
13:01:57  <peter1138> hehe
13:02:12  <tokai|noir> Celestar: in what weird world are u living? :)
13:02:26  <Celestar> tokai|noir: the amiga had 32 bit color in 1988 or something
13:02:32  <tokai|noir> no
13:02:46  <tokai|noir> no amiga has true colour in fact.
13:02:51  <Celestar> when PCs had a 16 bit single-tasking OS, a PC speaker and 640x400 with 16 volors
13:02:59  <Celestar> tokai|noir: oops, hi-color then.
13:03:03  <tokai|noir> u must buy 3d part extensions to get truue colour
13:03:03  <Celestar> something you could look at.
13:03:24  <Celestar> the Amiga 500 was ages ahead of the PC when it was released.
13:03:28  <peter1138> when did MCGA come out? heh
13:03:42  <Tron> tokai|noir:
13:03:43  <Diablo-D3> your mom is an mcga
13:05:54  <BurtyB> Diablo-D3 bout 1990 ?
13:06:07  <Diablo-D3> BurtyB: that sounds about right
13:06:15  <tokai|noir> Celestar: (u only could get a faked (and very slow) 'true colour' with amigas from 1992 and up).
13:06:23  <Diablo-D3> wikipedia says 1987
13:06:41  <Diablo-D3> "Multicolor Graphics Adapter (MCGA) was the IBM name for what would later become part of the generic Video Graphics Array (VGA) standard. The IBM PS/2 Model 25, introduced in 1987, shipped with MCGA built into the mainboard."
13:06:43  <peter1138> sounds about right
13:07:02  <Diablo-D3>
13:07:07  <peter1138> ahh, the good ol' days
13:07:40  <BurtyB> the days pre wikipedia :p
13:08:17  <peter1138> heh
13:12:54  <Celestar> well who cares
13:13:22  * BurtyB does I still have a CGA laptop :p
13:17:24  *** Spoco [] has joined #openttd
13:29:10  <Celestar> KUDr: in the game in question, NPF fails in EVERY call.
13:31:10  *** TinoDidri is now known as Jezral
13:31:37  <peter1138> is npf enabled? ;)
13:36:11  <Celestar> RoadFindPathToStop doens't care :P
13:37:09  <Celestar> but don't worry, it doesn'T matter.
13:37:15  <Celestar> it just doesn't work for one reason or another
13:43:25  <Celestar> (gdb) p trackdir
13:43:26  <Celestar>  = 9 '\t'
13:43:31  <Celestar> how can trackdir be 9 ?
13:44:15  <peter1138> hmm
13:45:01  <Darkvater> 2+7 ?
13:45:09  <Celestar> (gdb) p DiagdirToDiagTrackdir((v->direction >> 1) & 3)
13:45:10  <Celestar>  = TRACKDIR_DIAG2_NW
13:45:14  <Celestar> DIAG2_NW
13:45:16  <Celestar> mhmm
13:45:36  <Celestar> does that even make sense for RVs?
13:49:15  <Celestar> NPF just reports "Could not find route"
13:51:01  <Celestar> is there a way to REMOVE all vehicles from the game? :)
13:52:12  <Celestar> blathijs: !!!!! :P
13:53:44  <Darkvater> Celestar: make a console-command, calling DeleteVehicle() for all vehicles
13:59:23  <Celestar>
14:03:15  <Celestar> blathijs: KUDr you might be interested in this
14:04:18  <blathijs> Celestar: yes, trackdirs make sense for road vehicles
14:04:50  <Tron> Celestar: is 858 one of the depot tiles or in front of them?
14:05:02  <Celestar> Tron: that's the stop tile
14:05:21  <blathijs> weird
14:05:26  <blathijs> but, I'm gone again
14:05:26  <Tron> you never reach the stop tile according to some comment in the code
14:05:41  <Celestar> Tron: it works more often than not however?
14:05:57  <Tron> fascinating
14:06:02  <Celestar> *shrugs*
14:07:01  <Celestar> Tron: I've further improved the rest of multistop handling :) and I've eliminated the primary reason for slot desyncs :)
14:08:35  <Tron> which was?
14:08:47  <peter1138> hmm
14:09:07  <peter1138> thinking of the special handling i fiddled with earlier...
14:09:10  <Celestar> ProcessRoadVehOrder sometimes sets order.type to OT_NOTHING, without clearing an existing slot.
14:09:20  <peter1138> where it ORs values onto the tiletrackstatus result...
14:09:22  <peter1138> is that related ?
14:09:37  <peter1138> i.e. the pathfinder won't be doing that, and thus won't be able to reach the tile
14:09:41  <Celestar> peter1138: you talking about NPF?
14:10:01  <peter1138> yeah
14:10:06  <Celestar> I see
14:10:43  <peter1138> line 993 or roadveh_cmd.c
14:11:07  <peter1138> it explicitly adds the bits that allow it to reach the roadstop
14:11:15  <peter1138> but that's not in the pathfinder, so...
14:11:46  <Celestar> _road_veh_fp_ax_or <= this crap?
14:12:05  <peter1138> yeah
14:12:14  <peter1138> yeah
14:12:15  <Celestar> we might consider more meaningful variable names than fp_ax_or
14:12:23  <peter1138> GetTileTrackStatus for roadstops returns *nothing*
14:12:38  <peter1138> hence it can't reach it
14:12:48  <Celestar> does NPF use GTTS?
14:12:54  <peter1138> so those checks there really need to be in GetTileTrackStatus_Station
14:12:55  <peter1138> yes
14:13:05  <Celestar> let me see
14:13:15  <peter1138> hmm, but GTTS doesn't know about the vehicle type or owners...
14:13:27  <Celestar> that doesn't matter
14:13:32  <Celestar> it just needs the direction, right?
14:13:51  <Tron> peter1138: it can't return anything sensible, because a bit in track status always indicates that you can enter the at one edge and _leave_ it at another
14:14:12  <Celestar> so the switch in GTTS_station needs TRANSPORT_ROAD as well?
14:14:40  <peter1138> mm
14:15:08  <peter1138> it may be easier to pathfind to the tile in front of the roadstop
14:15:13  <peter1138> but then you need to check if it's linked
14:15:18  <peter1138> o_O
14:15:38  <Celestar> peter1138: this is exactly what I do not want to do.
14:15:44  <Celestar> it's the pathfinder's job
14:15:46  <peter1138> yeah
14:16:12  <peter1138> this missing status is the reason for your pathfinder failures though, you agree?
14:16:24  <Tron> i think the whole pathfinding thing needs an overhaul
14:16:34  <Celestar> this is likely but I am not sure why it would fail only under certain circumstances
14:16:46  <peter1138> hmm, i thought it was always failing...
14:16:56  <Celestar> peter1138: no it isn't
14:17:10  <Celestar> I've not yet found out when it does. tho
14:17:10  <peter1138> hmm
14:17:12  <peter1138> how strange :)
14:17:38  <peter1138> Tron: yes it does
14:18:05  <peter1138> gtts needs to be able to report dead-ends as well
14:18:17  <Celestar> it cannot?
14:18:18  <Celestar> why?
14:18:21  <Diablo-D3> what if microsoft tried to redesign the ipod:
14:18:31  <peter1138> Celestar: it can only report what track bits exist
14:18:39  <peter1138> hence issues with trains going into the back of depot, etc
14:19:21  <Celestar> peter1138: I see
14:19:40  <peter1138> i think it's supposed to report trackdirs, in 16 bits, but everything joins bits 8-15 to 0-7
14:20:03  * Celestar thinks we should have ONE pathfinder
14:20:27  <peter1138> bits = GetTileTrackStatus(tile, tpf->tracktype);
14:20:31  <peter1138> bits |= (bits >> 8);
14:20:39  <peter1138> that happens a lot
14:21:13  <Tron> < Celestar> why? <-- < Tron> [...] a bit in track status always indicates that you can enter the at one edge and _leave_ it at another
14:21:30  <Tron> <+peter1138> hence issues with trains going into the back of depot, etc <-- exactly
14:21:38  <Celestar> so the lobyte says something about entering and hibyte something about leaving?
14:21:56  <Tron>  * Celestar thinks we should have ONE pathfinder <--- we probably need one pathfinder per vehicle class
14:22:06  <peter1138> Celestar: i'm not precisely sure on the exact meanings, and i think it may have become... muddled with changes
14:22:16  <peter1138> that sounds reasonable
14:22:25  <Tron> Celestar: no
14:22:26  <peter1138> pathfinding for planes is totally different...
14:22:37  <Celestar> planes don't do pathfinding
14:22:40  <Tron> the lower byte says if there is a way from edge foo to edge bar at all
14:22:49  <Celestar> Tron: I see
14:22:56  <Tron> and the high byte says the same except it also considers signal states
14:23:00  <Celestar> well, a roadstop has a way from edge N to edge N.
14:23:11  <peter1138> Tron: not quite
14:23:20  <peter1138> that's the top 16 bits
14:23:31  <Tron> hm, right
14:23:51  <Celestar> so we have 4x8 bits rights? for 4 edges?
14:23:58  <Celestar> mesa no understand
14:24:02  <peter1138> The return value is
14:24:02  <peter1138>  * composed as follows: 0xaabbccdd. ccdd and aabb are bitmasks of trackdirs,
14:24:02  <peter1138>  * where bit n corresponds to trackdir n. ccdd are the trackdirs that are
14:24:02  <peter1138>  * present in the tile (1==present, 0==not present),
14:24:16  <Tron> < Celestar> planes don't do pathfinding <--- flying in a straight line to the target IS pathfinding, a bit pathological case, but pathfinding none the less
14:24:27  <Celestar> Tron: well, true
14:24:34  <Tron> Celestar: bit 0 indicates if you can go from NE to SW
14:24:48  <Tron> (and vice versa)
14:24:52  <peter1138> line 304 of openttd.h
14:24:55  <Prof_Frink> Tron: But it's done by Air Traffic Control, not the planes themselves ;)
14:25:02  <peter1138> (perfect place for it, i must say)
14:25:32  <Tron> Celestar: the other bits indicate other directions
14:25:43  *** Belugas_Gone is now known as Belugas
14:25:53  * Celestar has a hunch
14:26:16  <Eddi|zuHause> if we get an air traffic control, can we get a priority system for landings?
14:26:30  *** RoySmeding [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
14:26:42  <Tron> <--- i'm not sure: is this an improvement or not?
14:26:42  <peter1138> Celestar: like an igor?
14:27:18  *** RoySmeding [] has joined #openttd
14:27:34  <Darkvater> 13:01 < Tron>  * Celestar thinks we should have ONE pathfinder <--- we probably need one pathfinder per vehicle class <-- sounds like a very sound idea
14:28:41  <peter1138> if anyone does implement new pathfinders, make it account for height...
14:29:34  <peter1138> would help for the (still existing) issues with trackbits at the top of tunnel entrances
14:29:39  <Celestar> well A* should be a decent PF for both road and rail vehicles
14:30:56  <peter1138> Tron: seems to change one set of magic numbers to another, tbh
14:30:58  <Belugas> Tron : About the foo_map, foo_cmd etc...  I had time to think about it on my way to work :
14:31:02  <Belugas> foo_map.[ch] foo_cmd.[ch] foo_gui.[ch] foo.[ch]  = regrouped under "Object" type
14:31:02  <Belugas> map_foo.[ch] cmd_foo.[ch] gui_foo.[ch] foo.[ch]  = regrouped under functionnality type
14:31:15  <Belugas> it all depends on what is best...
14:31:21  <Darkvater> object
14:31:28  <peter1138> foo_ better
14:32:00  <peter1138> (and then comes newgrf_*, heh)
14:32:13  <peter1138> (but that's different)
14:32:19  <Belugas> that is indeed a matter...
14:32:57  <Celestar> ok
14:33:02  <Darkvater> damn, can't do any ottd-work@work :(
14:33:11  <Darkvater> forgot to bring in the openttd source-files
14:34:13  *** Forexs [] has joined #openttd
14:34:22  <Tron> peter1138: we don't have symbolic names for slopes (yet)
14:35:35  <Celestar> I have written a workaround for the problem-in-question \o/
14:36:02  * Celestar goes testing in
14:36:24  *** alastair [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:37:07  <Tron> Darkvater: svn?
14:37:42  <Tron> peter1138: now, shall i commit it?
14:39:20  <Celestar> hm that workaround isn't too successful
14:42:15  <Darkvater> Tron: firewall
14:42:48  <peter1138> Darkvater: if you're brave, you can download it all via http ...
14:43:02  <Darkvater> I am not that brave..
14:43:14  <Prof_Frink> Source nightly?
14:43:15  <Celestar> Darkvater: use html
14:43:27  <Celestar> Darkvater: I can give you a targz
14:43:32  <Darkvater> anyways I need the svn info, otherwise tortoisemerge is not so nice
14:43:40  <peter1138> heh
14:43:48  <Tron> Darkvater: ssh?
14:43:49  <Darkvater> but I don't dare download so much from here
14:43:56  <Celestar> hm .. workaround doing better...
14:44:03  <Darkvater> Tron: tunneling through port 80 :)
14:44:31  <Tron> Darkvater: ssh -L is your friend
14:44:59  <peter1138> heh, tunnelling svn? :)
14:45:42  <Darkvater> the problem is I don't want to attract attention
14:45:55  <Darkvater> downloading a few megs from an obscure source is frowned upon
14:46:11  <Celestar> obscure?
14:46:21  <Tron> oh, you get that from the other side of your ssh session
14:47:03  <Tron> peter1138: ?
14:47:13  <peter1138> hmm?
14:47:40  <Celestar> where would be world be without ssh?
14:48:25  <Darkvater> hmm..
14:48:28  <Celestar> ok why is the debug build faster then the release build ??
14:48:35  * Darkvater does a testcase of covert devving
14:49:18  <Tron> peter1138: < Tron> peter1138: now, shall i commit it?
14:50:26  <peter1138> oh
14:51:17  <Celestar> wee
14:51:18  <peter1138> well it gets rid of a bit of a table
14:51:39  <peter1138> hmmm
14:51:41  <Celestar> "we" know that the trunk spits out warnings, right?
14:51:45  <peter1138> RoadBits?
14:52:00  <peter1138> those are not roadbits...
14:52:21  <peter1138> in which case, the change is better
14:53:25  <Celestar> how do I set a debug level in-game?
14:53:40  <peter1138> debug_level
14:53:41  <peter1138> ;p
14:54:04  <Celestar> not very successful
14:56:54  <Celestar> ^ststok
14:57:15  <Celestar> I need someone to proof-read the multistop patch
14:58:33  <Celestar> volunteers?
14:59:27  <Tron> not right now, i'm trying to dump a basic block graph with control dependency edges
15:00:17  <peter1138> i'll have a look
15:00:23  <peter1138> saves me trying to kill this customer
15:00:42  <Celestar> what's he doin?
15:01:12  <peter1138> complaining that when he uploads an image that's too large, it doesn't stop and tell him it's too large
15:01:26  <peter1138> what it actually does is automatically resize it...
15:03:49  <Celestar> uh huh
15:03:59  <CIA-5> tron * r3699 /trunk/road_cmd.c: Replace some magic numbers for checking for a suitable slope for a level crossing by some less magic numbers
15:04:09  <peter1138> your clearslot() changes look odd
15:04:25  <peter1138> afaict, clearslot is always called with rs == v->u.road.slot
15:04:50  <Celestar> kind of true
15:05:09  <Celestar> no need nulling anything if it is null already
15:05:22  <peter1138> there is one place where it is called with a separate rs
15:05:33  <peter1138> but that's just after it checks for rs == v->u.road.slot ...
15:05:38  <Darkvater> Celestar: ingame-console: debug_level 4
15:06:15  <Celestar> Darkvater: you're late.
15:06:23  <Celestar> peter1138: you think the first if is not needed, right
15:06:53  <peter1138> it may just need one parameter... heh
15:07:09  <peter1138> either the first if or the second if ...
15:07:16  <Celestar> yeah
15:07:24  <Celestar> I think I can eliminate one parameter ..
15:11:01  *** e1ko_AfK is now known as e1ko
15:14:48  *** Zr40_ [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
15:15:10  <Celestar> peter1138: new diff
15:16:09  <Celestar> back in 5
15:23:47  *** Skiddles^ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:29:43  <Celestar> bah
15:30:23  <Celestar> ok the workaround isn't work that well. we need to fix that NPF problem
15:30:25  <peter1138> humbug
15:30:29  <peter1138> ah
15:31:02  *** Tron__ [] has joined #openttd
15:31:46  *** TronBSD [] has joined #openttd
15:34:30  *** Tron__ [] has quit [Client Quit]
15:35:09  *** Tron [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
15:36:09  <Celestar> next revision
15:37:14  *** Tron [] has joined #openttd
15:37:31  <Celestar> Tron: problems? :P
15:38:14  <peter1138> mmhmm
15:38:40  <Tron> no, 24h disconnect
15:39:06  <Celestar> ah
15:39:10  <Tron> the xchat at home and this irssi via ssh at home try to reconnect at the same time
15:39:33  <Celestar> that's why I don't do reconnects :P
15:40:59  <hylje> proxy xchat through irssi
15:41:58  <Darkvater> 24H disconnetscts :s
15:42:09  <Darkvater> I wonder why thre are no decent german ISP's
15:42:24  <Celestar> because this country basically sucks
15:42:42  <hylje> fucking sucks (TM)
15:44:01  <SpComb> for 1.50 a month you can get rid of the 24 hour disconnect
15:44:22  <tank> Celestar: you are sooo right....
15:45:22  <Tron> SpComb: i shall pay them to STOP doing something? how dumb do i look like?
15:45:44  <Celestar> lol good point
15:46:09  <tank> Tron: it's the same like fastpath
15:46:21  <tank> you have to pay for them to stop the error correction
15:46:27  <Celestar> I don't pay for fastpath either
15:46:34  <SpComb> I can understand why they would want to do the 24h disconnect, somewhat
15:46:44  *** Tron_ [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:47:03  <SpComb> it's a bit everyone-uses-windows-and-reoboots-all-the-time specific though
15:47:07  <tank> SpComb: it's the same reason why there is no offer with a good upload here....
15:47:29  <SpComb> with m-net, you get 256k, and then 512k for 1.90 a month
15:47:42  * SpComb is planning on making his parents finally get DSL, and then set up the old computer as a server
15:47:46  *** sw4y [] has joined #openttd
15:47:56  <SpComb> a static ip is 14.90 a month though :O
15:48:20  <SpComb> but what's nice is that the ISP explicitly says in their terms thing that you ARE allowed to run a router/server
15:48:54  <SpComb> but ISPs get far worse than 24 hour disconnects, you know...
15:49:14  <SpComb> NATing all their connections so 5 of their customers can connect to quakenet at any one given point
15:49:16  <Celestar> unfortunately yes
15:49:32  <Celestar> SpComb: only few do that iirc
15:49:42  <SpComb> but some still do it
15:49:53  <SpComb> I've heard stuff about blocking incoming ports though
15:50:05  <Celestar> yes
15:50:10  <SpComb> anyways, I can understand the 24h disconnect
15:50:14  <Celestar> some block ALL incoming ports even?
15:50:18  <SpComb> it's certainly not a atrocity
15:53:05  <SpComb> it probably doesn't affect most users
15:53:49  <SpComb> but it doesn't make a very good distinction between running a server or using it normally
15:56:49  <peter1138> heh
15:56:51  <peter1138> mine blocks port 25
15:56:55  <peter1138> unless you ask them not to
15:59:10  <Celestar> back
15:59:14  * DaleStan hugs his ISP.
16:00:37  *** Mukke [] has joined #openttd
16:00:56  * Belugas thinks about hugging DaleStan for NFO->Airports work... Only think...
16:02:53  <Celestar> ok if there are no objections, I'll commit ms patches tomorrow morning
16:03:03  <peter1138> not now?
16:03:20  <peter1138> get lots of nightly testing ;)
16:03:47  <Celestar> shall I? I have 15 minutes to decide
16:04:27  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
16:09:49  <peter1138> :)
16:10:17  *** magnus_1986 [n=chatzill@] has joined #openttd
16:11:13  <Celestar> but a PF is not used at the present time. everyone ok with this?
16:12:39  <Tron> Celestar: URL?
16:13:38  <Celestar> for the diff?
16:13:41  <peter1138> it's not used currently anyway, is it?
16:13:47  <Celestar> peter1138: no it isn't
16:13:56  <peter1138>
16:15:36  <Tron> Celestar: yes
16:16:40  <Celestar> Tron: yes what? :P
16:18:01  <Tron> hm
16:18:12  <Tron> removing that NPF call looks a bit strange
16:18:30  <Celestar> the NPF call is not used at the present time ..
16:18:33  *** TubularBell [] has joined #openttd
16:18:45  <peter1138> ludde removed that :)
16:18:58  <Tron> huh?
16:19:00  * TubularBell prods MiHaMiX and asks for a account
16:19:05  <Tron> what diff am i seeing then?
16:19:26  <Tron> @@ -1034,8 +1037,6 @@
16:19:26  <Tron>                 NPFFillWithOrderData(&fstd, v);
16:19:26  <Tron>                 trackdir = DiagdirToDiagTrackdir(enterdir);
16:19:26  <Tron>                 //debug("Finding path. Enterdir: %d, Trackdir: %d", enterdir, trackdir);
16:19:29  <Tron> -
16:19:31  <Tron> -               ftd = NPFRouteToStationOrTile(tile - TileOffsByDir(enterdir), trackdir, &fstd, TRANSPORT_ROAD, v->owner, INVALID_RAILTYPE);
16:19:34  <Tron>                 if (ftd.best_trackdir == 0xff) {
16:19:37  <Tron>                         /* We are already at our target. Just do something */
16:19:39  <Tron>                         //TODO: maybe display error?
16:19:55  <Tron> Celestar: avoid stray newlines
16:20:12  *** Scia [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
16:20:32  *** Qrrbrbirlbel [] has joined #openttd
16:20:47  <Celestar> gm?!
16:20:51  <Celestar> hm*
16:21:20  <Tron> that chunk looks strange
16:21:25  <Tron> and also avoid stray newlines
16:21:38  <Tron> @@ -1662,3 +1682,4 @@
16:21:38  <Tron>                 }
16:21:38  <Tron>         }
16:21:38  <Tron>  }
16:21:38  <Tron> +
16:22:23  <Celestar> what diff is that?
16:22:57  <magnus_1986> sheesh ever heard of pastebin, tron?
16:23:00  *** _Luca_ [n=opera@] has joined #openttd
16:23:31  <peter1138> hmm
16:23:53  *** Eddi|zuHause2 [] has joined #openttd
16:24:04  <peter1138> Celestar: the one you sent me :)
16:24:18  <Celestar> ok.
16:24:30  <Celestar> yeah there was a stray or two chunks
16:24:58  <Tron> Celestar: the diff you just sent me
16:25:10  <Celestar> yeah yeah I know
16:25:12  <Celestar> just go on :)
16:26:01  <Tron> if (foo)
16:26:04  <Tron>   bar;
16:26:07  <Tron> bad
16:26:10  <Tron> if (foo) {
16:26:13  <Tron>   bar;
16:26:14  <Tron> }
16:26:15  <Tron> good
16:26:26  <magnus_1986> ACK!
16:26:38  <magnus_1986> oh wait that wasnt a paste
16:26:56  <Tron> magnus_1986: ever heard of not getting on an ops nerves?
16:27:20  <tokai|noir> if (foo)
16:27:23  <tokai|noir> {
16:27:26  <tokai|noir>    bar;
16:27:27  <tokai|noir> }
16:27:31  <tokai|noir> even better ;)
16:27:40  <Tron> (alt.: if (foo) bar; if the line is short)
16:27:55  <magnus_1986> Tron: o_O
16:28:12  <Tron> tokai|noir: i'd prefer that style, too, but ottd style is k&rish
16:28:34  <Tron> magnus_1986: are you trying to tell me something?
16:29:07  * magnus_1986 flees
16:29:10  *** magnus_1986 [n=chatzill@] has quit ["Chatzilla 0.9.70 [Firefox]"]
16:29:19  <TubularBell> What an odd little character..
16:29:21  *** ^Cartman^ [] has joined #openttd
16:31:18  *** XeryusTC is now known as Xeryus|food
16:33:00  <Tron> Celestar: i think about the inner workings of the diff later, atm i'm sitting in a pile of xterms and hacking deep magic
16:34:40  * peter1138 ponders running ottd through intend
16:34:43  <peter1138> errr
16:34:44  <peter1138> indent :P
16:34:53  <peter1138> urgh, gnu style by default
16:40:58  *** jnmbk [n=ugur@] has joined #openttd
16:41:08  <Qball> indent -kr :D
16:41:29  <Celestar> ok I'll commit tomorrow morning
16:41:32  <Celestar> cu all later
16:42:11  *** SchAmane [] has joined #openttd
16:44:47  *** Eddi|zuHause [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
16:52:30  *** Scia [] has joined #openttd
16:53:44  <CIA-5> belugas * r3700 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (9 files): [tfc_newmap] -Import of w*.* ,v*.* ,u*.* Files from GPMI
16:59:28  <Noldo> \o/
16:59:35  <Born_Acorn> Belugas has becometh a developer? Congrats!
17:01:41  <Belugas> no no no no... not a dev. We have a branch, true.  But that does not mean I have the autority to commit anything in trunk :)
17:01:46  <Belugas> But thanks ;)
17:03:23  *** Aankhen`` [n=pockled@] has joined #openttd
17:03:29  <Noldo> Belugas: how is it going btw?
17:03:54  <Belugas> In fact, the rest of the tfc_newmap thing have the same branch/tfc_newmap access, not just me :)
17:04:49  <Belugas> We are moving our stuff from gpmi svn to openttd/branch/tfc_newmpa to make it easier for the REAL DEVS to see what we did and how and where.
17:04:59  <Eddi|zuHause2> what is this tfc_newmap about?
17:05:13  <Belugas> cross-repo-diffing is a bitch, a someone told me recently
17:05:18  <Noldo> Belugas: so true
17:05:19  <Born_Acorn> the production and sale of chicken footware.
17:05:30  <Eddi|zuHause2> good ;)
17:06:25  *** TubularBell [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:13:47  <ln-> what kind of access control does the svn repository support? can someone be given access to only one branch, or only some directory or file?
17:14:53  <Tron> you can restrict read and write access for directory trees on a per-user-basis (plus the anonymous user)
17:15:23  <Tron> but i guess TL has installed manual access control
17:16:13  <Tron> i.e. we come over to your house and tickle you to death if you do something naughty (;
17:16:14  <Noldo> ln-: it depends on the access method
17:16:45  <Tron> well, if you have write access to the repository files itself, all this is moot, of course
17:17:32  <Noldo> I know few ways to make svn+ssh not work
17:20:18  <ln-> does someone have time to look at this patch:
17:20:36  <guru3> does anyone have any experience with openttd on Xgl?
17:20:38  <Belugas> [12:22] <Tron> i.e. we come over to your house and tickle you to death if you do something naughty (;   <--- Means that, in my case, you will be really upset to take the plane up to here to do that torture :D
17:27:25  * Bjarni smells Belugas' work
17:27:40  <Bjarni> damn, I got a feature request for the internet
17:27:46  <Bjarni> I can't smell anything :(
17:28:28  <Qball> you have to simulate it yourself,,,, so fart and  you can smell the work
17:28:45  <Bjarni> ...
17:28:55  <Bjarni> it is supposed to smell good
17:29:07  <Belugas> imagine rotten fishes :)
17:29:28  <hylje> imagine goatse
17:29:30  <hylje> :E
17:29:48  <Bjarni> ...
17:30:04  <Bjarni> I would image a good smell would be like something else
17:30:28  <Bjarni> like a newly washed woman :D
17:30:34  <Eddi|zuHause2> "Frische Landluft" ;)
17:31:07  <Belugas> Bjarni, it's not only my work, by the way...  the four of us is on it, i'm merely the bringer of it, right now :)
17:31:11  *** Xeryus|food is now known as XeryusTC
17:31:25  <Bjarni> Belugas: I know, but only you are present right now
17:31:39  <Eddi|zuHause2> (which is an euphemism for "Gülle", ('Natural Waste'))
17:32:06  <Bjarni> I don't consider the smell of pig shit to be good
17:32:52  <Bjarni> even though LordOfThePigs is a member of TFC
17:33:12  <Eddi|zuHause2> probably not, but i was going along with the previous suggestions ;)
17:33:21  <Bjarni> ...
17:34:24  <ln-> could some of the developers code an enhanced name generator for finnish city names? one that would generate more and more typical names than the current one?
17:34:27  <Eddi|zuHause2> but regarding to good smells... a summer rain after a long dry period, when it washes out the dust
17:35:12  <CIA-5> peter1138 * r3701 /trunk/ (vehicle.c vehicle.h): [2cc] move vehicle/engine palette functions out of header file and document the remaining definitions
17:36:35  <Born_Acorn> woot
17:36:37  <Born_Acorn> go peter1138.
17:38:57  <CIA-5> belugas * r3702 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (10 files): [tfc_newmap] -Import of t*.* Files from GPMI
17:39:17  <ln-> could some of the developers code an enhanced name generator for finnish city names? one that would generate more and more typical names than the current one? Bjarni? Tron? peter1138?
17:40:17  <peter1138> as i don't know what "more typical names" would be, that's a no from me
17:41:08  <ln-> i was just wondering because I have a patch that would do exactly what I described above, but the patch doesn't seem to get accepted. so maybe some of the devs should write the same functionality from scratch.
17:43:55  <ln-> all that my patch could break is the generation of finnish city names. and even after thorough testing it doesn't seem to break anything. how much bureaucracy is needed to get such a patch applied to svn?
17:44:24  <hylje> fill three forms and submit them
17:44:58  <Eddi|zuHause2> alternately, you probably could sleep with one of the devs ;)
17:45:05  <peter1138> hmm, not sure about the non-ascii chars
17:45:10  <Born_Acorn> then get them each signed in triplicate and forwarded to the patch acceptance.
17:45:37  <peter1138> oh, we have them anyway. hmm.
17:45:42  <_Luca_> lets not forget the sack with the dolar sign on the outside...
17:45:51  <peter1138> _Luca_ _Luca_
17:45:57  <_Luca_> peter1138! peter1138!
17:46:16  <Eddi|zuHause2> is "sack" an english word?
17:46:26  <Bjarni> ln-: well, I have to say that I can't tell the difference between good and bad Finnish town names :/
17:46:32  <peter1138> your smallmap zoom patch wasn't ignored, i thought it wasn't finished ;p
17:46:39  <_Luca_> Eddi|zuHause2: i believe so
17:46:48  <peter1138> Eddi|zuHause2: well, it's a word in english. it may have originated from elsewhere
17:47:04  <Bjarni> ln-: they all look like a more or less random string, that is mixed in a Finnish looking way
17:47:16  <_Luca_>
17:47:22  <Bjarni> reorder the chars will not make a huge difference to me
17:47:42  <hylje> Bjarni: for what i looked through, they look legit
17:47:48  <peter1138> heh, 2cc :D
17:47:49  <Eddi|zuHause2> well... i just never came across it in english, while it is a pretty common word in german
17:47:57  <ln-> Bjarni: yes, I don't expect the developers to estimate the goodness or badness of the city names, but rather the side effects that the patch could have (such as crashing the game, which it doesn't do).
17:48:04  *** UnderBuilder [n=UnderBui@] has joined #openttd
17:49:00  <peter1138> sack of potatoes
17:49:06  *** Red [] has joined #openttd
17:49:13  <_Luca_> Eddi|zuHause2: Bag is mainly used here
17:49:16  *** e1ko [] has quit ["Chatzilla 0.9.67+ [SeaMonkey 1.0/2006013012]"]
17:49:34  <_Luca_> brb
17:49:43  *** _Luca_ [n=opera@] has left #openttd []
17:49:48  <peter1138> hmm, i suppose PALETTE_SPRITE_WIDTH should be the same as SPRITE_WIDTH
17:50:01  <peter1138> anything more doesn't make sense. hmm.
17:50:22  <ln-> Bjarni: please go ahead and commit it, i'll take the responsibility if something should go wrong.
17:50:42  *** e1ko [] has joined #openttd
17:51:24  <peter1138> but it's assigned! he'll be breaking authority!
17:51:30  <peter1138> ps. we don't look at patch on sf
17:51:34  <peter1138> *patches
17:51:40  <peter1138> unless they're pointed out
17:51:48  <peter1138> fs, otoh
17:52:00  <Born_Acorn> shh! Don' tell anyone that!
17:52:03  <ln-> yeah, i've noticed, that's why i pasted the url,
17:52:22  *** _Luca_ [n=luca@] has joined #openttd
17:54:39  <UnderBuilder> oh shit, windows crashes in the front of Bill Gates eyes:
17:55:29  <_Luca_> *watches the tumbleweed*
17:57:03  *** |VillageIdiot| [] has joined #openttd
17:57:15  <peter1138> i'm starving
17:57:20  <peter1138> and my missus wants me to go to tesco
17:57:26  <peter1138> how am i supposed to avoid the hot deli counter?
17:57:30  <_Luca_> :p
17:57:37  <CIA-5> belugas * r3703 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (ship_cmd.c ship_gui.c smallmap_gui.c station.h station_cmd.c): [tfc_newmap] -Import of s*.* Files from GPMI
17:58:03  <UnderBuilder> :D
17:58:05  <Belugas> tesco?
17:58:09  <_Luca_> peter1138: Think of the poor cashier who will have to type in the barcode by hand because they use heat sensitive paper to make them
17:58:16  <_Luca_> even worse if it is a reduced one...
17:58:20  <peter1138> :D
17:58:21  <_Luca_> ok - wtf
17:58:40  <_Luca_> my optical drives are making a weird humming sound that belongs in an 80s movie
17:59:33  <Qball> cool.
17:59:38  <Qball> sell it on e-bay
17:59:45  <_Luca_> lol
17:59:50  <_Luca_> probably could make a few bob
18:01:03  <Qball> madmen enough
18:01:43  <Kjetil> _Luca_: you can probably claim something like : "80s-mod"
18:03:16  <ln-> Bjarni?
18:03:43  <_Luca_> hehe
18:03:52  <_Luca_> i doubt it will do it anymore :(
18:03:59  <_Luca_> i can always take a screwdriver to it
18:04:14  <peter1138> i've had drives forget what speed they're supposed to run at
18:04:23  <peter1138> they get a bit noisy when they spin too fast
18:04:34  *** |Jeroen| [] has joined #openttd
18:04:57  <_Luca_> how long does it take a fully erase a 12x cdrw?
18:05:18  <ln-> 74 min / 12
18:05:27  <_Luca_> bah, it has taken about 15 so far
18:06:05  *** DaleStan_ [] has joined #openttd
18:06:17  *** DaleStan [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
18:06:44  <ln-> peter1138?
18:10:19  <guru3> <--- anyone know why ottd is going transparent like that?
18:11:10  <_Luca_> you have a transparent thingy ma bob
18:11:32  *** egladil [] has joined #openttd
18:11:32  <guru3> ?
18:11:53  <ln-> Tron?
18:11:54  <_Luca_> you have a program running which is making programs appear transparent
18:12:04  <guru3> the console isn't
18:12:15  <_Luca_> hmm
18:12:19  <_Luca_> good point ;)
18:12:45  <Eddi|zuHause2> well... the top bar of the console window is...
18:13:28  <guru3> why would the entire ottd window be transparent tho :/
18:13:31  <guru3> nothing else is
18:13:43  <Eddi|zuHause2> btw. next time a compression of the image would come in handy ;)
18:13:56  <Eddi|zuHause2> 2MB images don't go well over the internet
18:14:22  <guru3> is it really that big?
18:14:27  <Eddi|zuHause2> yeah...
18:14:40  <Eddi|zuHause2> Length: 2,103,120 [image/png]
18:14:55  <_Luca_> lol
18:15:03  <_Luca_> guru3: Does it happen in other SDL apps?
18:15:19  <guru3> Armagetron, Tuxracer, Nexuiz all run fine
18:15:54  <guru3> i can't think of anything else to test
18:16:01  <Eddi|zuHause2> i would rather blame the transparent program thingie than ottd
18:16:20  <guru3> but why is ottd messing up when other sdl apps run fine :/
18:16:35  <peter1138> er
18:16:40  <peter1138> all those programs use opengl
18:16:46  <peter1138> openttd doesn't
18:16:51  <guru3> well
18:16:54  <guru3> i know Armagetron uses SDL
18:16:56  <peter1138> try an sdl program that doesn't...
18:17:05  <guru3> ideas?
18:17:20  <guru3> what's that one tux mario style one
18:17:32  <peter1138> yeah, but it's opengl on top of sdl
18:17:38  <peter1138> hence rendered differently
18:18:10  <guru3> hmm ok
18:19:11  <_Luca_> try running SDL_VIDEO_X11_VISUALID=0x32 ./openttd
18:20:43  <guru3> same thing :/
18:20:51  <_Luca_> :(
18:22:52  *** DJ_Mirage [] has joined #openttd
18:23:48  <_Luca_> try buging the people in #xorg
18:25:54  <guru3> i will someday
18:26:05  <guru3> but nope it happens in supertux too
18:26:31  <guru3> ill work on that
18:31:58  <Born_Acorn> peter1138! Use Lakie's GUI! That GUI of his is so wonderful.
18:32:29  * Born_Acorn was using it just now for the first time for real, and not messing around
18:36:10  <Bjarni> <ln->	Bjarni: please go ahead and commit it, i'll take the responsibility if something should go wrong. <-- well, the thing is....
18:36:14  <Bjarni> where is that patch?
18:36:15  <Bjarni> :)
18:36:40  <ln->
18:36:46  * Bjarni finds it hard to commit patches that he don't have
18:36:58  <Bjarni> other people might be able to do that, but not me ;)
18:37:35  <Bjarni> ahh Turku. Home of the electrified turntable :)
18:38:10  <ln-> you have good memory :)
18:42:23  <CIA-5> belugas * r3704 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (8 files): [tfc_newmap] -Import of r*.* Files from GPMI
18:42:24  *** tokai|noir [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:42:49  <Noldo> Bjarni: hm??
18:43:10  <Bjarni> Noldo: yeah?
18:43:29  *** tokai|noir [] has joined #openttd
18:44:21  <Noldo> ln-: are you from Kupittaa?
18:46:10  <Bjarni> blathijs: warning reminder ;)
18:46:20  * Bjarni is compiling again
18:46:27  <ln-> Noldo: no.
18:47:32  *** Brianetta [] has joined #openttd
18:48:56  <Noldo> ln-: would you add "Kuukan" to the list where is "Lappeen" and "Savon"
18:49:04  <Bjarni> ln-: I found an error in your patch
18:49:05  <Bjarni>  	// Select randomly if town name should consists of one or two parts.
18:49:12  <Bjarni> this line is no longer valid :p
18:50:06  <Noldo>  // comment?
18:50:25  <Bjarni> yeah, hence the :p
18:50:38  <Bjarni> but we do like to keep code and comments in sync
18:51:04  <ln-> Bjarni: that line is not even changed by my patch, it's just there as a context..?
18:51:08  <Bjarni> bad idea to have that comment and then generate town names out of 3 parts
18:51:14  *** thgergo [] has joined #openttd
18:51:25  <ln-> ... ok, yes, it should be fixed
18:51:50  <Bjarni> still, it was a correct comment before your patch and you invalidated it
18:52:12  <ln-> now that i think of it, it's not invalid.
18:52:34  <ln-> there are just now two methods for creating a two-part city name.
18:53:54  <CIA-5> belugas * r3705 /branch/tfc_newmap/pathfind.c: [tfc_newmap] -Import of pathfind.h Files from GPMI
18:55:06  <Bjarni> ln-: actually is there some reason why there are 3 arrays instead of two
18:56:02  *** Aankhen`` [n=pockled@] has quit ["Sleep 'n' all that [Time wasted online: 1hr 53mins 3secs]"]
18:56:27  <Bjarni> the way I read it it will take array 1 or if it is a number too large for array 1, it will use array 2 with the offset of the length of array 1
18:56:50  <Bjarni> that would be a weird way to do the same as merging array 1 and 2
18:56:57  <ln-> Bjarni: yes, there is a reason...
18:57:04  <Bjarni> merging those two would produce the same result... I think
18:58:03  <Bjarni> if there is a reason, then it should be added as a comment, because right now it just looks wrong
18:58:05  *** Coder`TuX [n=codertux@] has joined #openttd
18:58:38  <ln-> Bjarni: name_finnish_1 has names that are sensible when you add the "la" or "lä" suffix (in the first else block).
18:59:03  <ln-> name_finnish_2 has names that are not good with such a suffix.
18:59:31  *** Diablo-D3 [] has quit ["do coders dream of sheep()?"]
18:59:52  <ln-> nonetheless, both the names in 1 and 2 are still valid to be concatenated with the suffixes in name_finnish_3.
19:02:01  <peter1138> Born_Acorn: but we don't have tabs
19:02:11  <peter1138> Born_Acorn: and i don't know if we're having all those liveries
19:02:15  <Bjarni> we need that as comments, otherwise the code looks odd
19:02:57  <ln-> ok, working on it..
19:03:29  *** tank [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
19:03:36  *** tank_ [] has joined #openttd
19:06:52  *** TubularBell [] has joined #openttd
19:08:05  *** jnmbk [n=ugur@] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
19:09:16  <CIA-5> belugas * r3706 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (12 files): [tfc_newmap] -Import of o*.* to i*.* Files from GPMI
19:10:38  <ln-> Bjarni: comments added. same url as earlier.
19:11:15  *** Diablo-D3 [] has joined #openttd
19:13:41  *** Tron [] has quit ["leaving"]
19:13:49  *** TronBSD is now known as Tron
19:15:50  <Bjarni> now that looks better
19:18:51  * Bjarni kick ln-
19:18:58  <Bjarni> trailing whitespace
19:19:08  <ln-> agh, sorry
19:19:46  <Bjarni> just one
19:20:06  <Bjarni> but one is enough to reject the commit, so now I have to fix it (done) and redo everything to commit it
19:20:26  <Tron> svn saves the commit log in svn-commit.something
19:20:35  <Tron> just do
19:20:37  <CIA-5> bjarni * r3707 /trunk/ (namegen.c table/namegen.h):
19:20:37  <CIA-5> -Fix: made the generated Finnish town names sound more Finnish (ln-)
19:20:37  <CIA-5>  note: <ln-> Bjarni: please go ahead and commit it, i'll take the responsibility if something should go wrong.
19:20:47  <Tron> svn ci-F $THE_FILE
19:20:50  <Tron> svn ci -F $THE_FILE
19:20:53  <Bjarni> ln-: now you made it into the svn log :)
19:21:07  <Bjarni> yeah, I know it saves the file ;)
19:21:45  <peter1138> heh
19:23:01  <Bjarni> somehow I find that quote important for this commit :)
19:23:14  <Bjarni> I don't know what would go wrong in it, but just in case
19:23:15  <ln-> i deny ever saying anything like that. ;)
19:24:07  <Bjarni> in case something goes wrong and you deny, people would just check their logs and mark you as untrustworthy :p
19:24:38  <Bjarni> and if they were offline when you said it, I will supply them with my log
19:24:45  <Darkvater> hello :)
19:24:52  <Darkvater> damn, Wednesday does suck
19:24:57  <Bjarni> Darkvater: time commit
19:25:01  <Darkvater> gone all day, and did nothing worthwhile :/
19:25:10  <Bjarni> Darkvater: meet a girl?
19:25:18  <Darkvater> work
19:25:23  <Bjarni> oh
19:25:57  <ln-> does anyone of you know what "vowel harmony" means? (i do.)
19:26:08  <Bjarni> I spent most of my day in the lab, fixing the stupid microprocessor, that would not write to the external EEPROM
19:26:19  <Bjarni> guess what,: it still fails to write to it :p
19:28:00  <Bjarni> Darkvater: well, do something that !sucks: commit that time stuff, so I can get a clean trunk again ;)
19:28:14  <XeryusTC> Bjarni: some petrol and a few matches do a wonderfull job :P
19:28:50  *** tokai|noir [] has quit ["It's like, wah."]
19:29:07  <ln-> btw, the maximum number of towns is limited by the number of different names the city name generator can generate, right?
19:29:29  <ln-> and therefore it varies between languages?
19:29:38  *** tokai|noir [] has joined #openttd
19:30:34  <Bjarni> ln-: you mean you will make Finnish the language to use if you want max number of towns?
19:30:46  <peter1138> well you can rename towns...
19:30:47  <Darkvater>  df -h
19:30:49  <Darkvater> df -h
19:31:04  <Darkvater> oops
19:31:07  <Tron> Darkvater: this is not your terminal
19:31:20  <Bjarni> it is
19:31:24  <Darkvater> not good to have two keyboards in front of you and not know which one goes to which :O
19:31:25  <ln-> Bjarni: that wasn't really in my mind, but why not. :)
19:31:29  <Bjarni> he writes something and it replies to him
19:31:47  *** TubularBell [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
19:32:06  <XeryusTC> Darkvater: they invented sticky notes for that :)
19:32:24  <Bjarni> Darkvater: well, you have still to outdo Celestar. He once wrote 8 a whole lot of times until he realised that he tried to change TV channel in IRC :D
19:32:36  *** tokai|noir [] has quit [Client Quit]
19:32:57  <XeryusTC> roflasc
19:33:03  <Tron> *sigh*
19:33:17  <Tron> there are too many ways to represent directions/locations/etc. in ottd
19:33:23  <peter1138> yes
19:33:42  <Tron> DiagDirections start at north east and go clockwise
19:33:53  <Tron> RoadBits start in the NW and go counter-clockwise
19:34:00  <Darkvater> d:)
19:34:17  <KUDr> heh
19:34:38  *** tokai|noir [] has joined #openttd
19:35:00  <Bjarni> we should agree on a standard and then change all the wrong ones to fit it
19:35:01  <Tron> RoadBit = 1 << (3 - DiagDir)
19:35:14  <peter1138> Bjarni: think of the savegame changes :(
19:35:15  <Bjarni> hmm
19:35:19  <Tron> or 1 << (3 ^ DiagDir), if you prefer that
19:35:32  <Bjarni> actually, we should do that in the new map stuff
19:35:45  <Bjarni> it have to change the savegame format anyway
19:36:02  <Bjarni> Belugas: did you read that?
19:36:42  <Rubidium> Bjarni not necessarily, you can write a wrapper to store it in the correct order for the savegame
19:37:02  <Bjarni> well, that's an option too
19:37:07  <Rubidium> we (TFC_newmap) does something similiar to the direction of the ShipDepot
19:37:19  <Rubidium> so the ShipDepot's direction is also a DiagDirection
19:37:35  <CIA-5> belugas * r3708 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (20 files in 5 dirs): [tfc_newmap] -Import of most of the Remaining Files from GPMI
19:38:26  <Tron> there's already a wrapper for this in trunk, iir
19:38:27  <Tron> c
19:38:36  <peter1138> lots of spam tonight
19:39:01  <Bjarni> where?
19:39:06  <Bjarni> in your mailbox?
19:39:08  <peter1138> from svn@ :)
19:39:10  <peter1138> yeah
19:39:17  <Bjarni> ahh
19:39:21  <Bjarni> that's not spam
19:39:25  <Bjarni> that's flooding though
19:39:28  <peter1138> now.... shall i add this grf file...
19:39:43  <Bjarni> yeah, today is the right day to do it
19:39:48  <Bjarni> we got a lot of commits already
19:39:55  <Bjarni> :p
19:40:08  <Bjarni> or maybe it's a bad night
19:40:18  <Bjarni> we overload the server commit check stuff
19:40:41  <Bjarni> those elves in the server are working overtime checking for whitespace and so on
19:41:26  <ln-> is it specified somewhere how many different city names a generator should generate?
19:41:41  <Tron> ln-: more
19:44:00  <Belugas> Yes, i just read that
19:44:44  <Belugas> Bjarni.  Right now, most of the files have been transfered
19:44:52  *** chazz [] has joined #openttd
19:45:18  <Belugas> I still have to commit some trunk revisions, there are cleanups to do to, but mostly, all the stuff is there
19:45:57  <Belugas> So, playing around is now doable :)
19:47:30  <ln-> hmm, how does the code calling the generator know that there will be no more different names?
19:48:04  <Belugas> And now, I should go back doing work@work, for a change...
19:48:23  <Bjarni> Belugas: there is one thing I wonder... What are you doing right now? Moving the files to
19:48:35  <Bjarni> moving all the files can't take so many commits
19:48:56  <Bjarni> surely you are doing something more than just moving a directory
19:49:27  <Belugas> initially, I was doing it changes by changes, file by file.  Tron told me I should rather move files instead, which I did successfully at the end :)
19:50:26  <Belugas> We had problems earlier in GPMI at first, and I did not wanted to mess up again.  So I took extra steps...  Too cautious, I might say
19:54:39  <Bjarni> better a bit too careful than to break everything ;)
19:56:17  *** DaleStan_ is now known as DaleStan
19:59:23  <CIA-5> belugas * r3709 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (lang/english.txt lang/french.txt openttd.h): [tfc_newmap] -Import of a few forgottten Files from GPMI. Compiling Should be possible now
19:59:58  *** Belugas is now known as Belugas_Work
20:01:20  <Belugas_Work> indeed Bjarni :)
20:09:14  *** Angst [] has joined #openttd
20:12:02  <Bjarni> <-- any comments on the text in this window?
20:12:45  <ln-> it should be "THE newest version", i'd say.
20:13:20  <ln-> and "report this problem TO/AT"
20:14:56  <peter1138> at
20:15:00  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
20:15:12  <peter1138> If the problem persists,
20:15:34  <peter1138> wait
20:15:37  <peter1138> newest version of what?
20:15:44  <Darkvater> cookies
20:15:57  <Bjarni> I'm not about to commit it right now since it also shows at the wrong time ;)
20:16:00  <Darkvater> it is a strange message though
20:16:17  <Bjarni> see, that's the feedback I want to get
20:16:18  <Darkvater> it assumes that if you cnnot allocate a frame buffer a newer version has auotmatically fixed it?
20:16:26  <Bjarni> well, if it is what you think, that is ;)
20:16:33  <ln-> having "problem" twice in the same sentence is too much repetition.
20:17:15  <peter1138> any objections to me adding 2ccmap.grf and loading it with openttd.grf etc?
20:17:32  <Vornicus> 2ccmap?
20:17:55  <peter1138> 2 company colour colour maps
20:18:05  <Bjarni> Darkvater: yeah, since there might be a problem on intel macs
20:18:24  <peter1138> you've not got a intel mac mini yet?
20:18:43  <Bjarni> I have never seen an intel mac in real life
20:18:57  <peter1138> only 9
20:19:09  <Bjarni> I could make great support for it if somebody donates one to me :)
20:19:14  <peter1138> hehe
20:19:20  <hylje> :]
20:19:40  <peter1138> £449
20:19:41  <peter1138> :(
20:19:46  <Tron> peter1138: what's the point of adding it?
20:21:32  <peter1138> so we can use 2 company colours with grf sets that support it
20:21:49  <peter1138> the alternative is to load the 2cc colour maps optionally via newgrf
20:22:47  <Tron> that wasn't exactly my question, ok, let me rephrase:
20:22:52  <peter1138> heh
20:22:58  <Tron> what is the point of just adding the grf?
20:23:57  *** Coder`TuX [n=codertux@] has quit ["Windows, the best game ever: Try to see how many blue screens you can get per hour and then try to beat that record!"]
20:24:15  *** tank_ is now known as tank
20:24:24  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3710 /trunk/ (gui.h industry_gui.c misc_gui.c settings_gui.c): - Use the general function DrawArrowButtons() instead of doing it manually. The function has two parameters added, colour and an enabled flag.
20:25:12  <peter1138> i will add it as part of a patch that uses it for 2cc vehicle. currently the patch is minimal and fixes the second colour to be the same as the first
20:25:53  <Tron> general question: is this the same kind of 2 colour support as ttdp?
20:26:19  <Tron> i.e. same range in the palette
20:26:22  <peter1138> yes
20:27:04  <Tron> why didn't they use the animated part for colour indices?
20:27:07  <Tron> that's really beyond me
20:27:37  <Tron> the way it's done you lose a complete colour range
20:27:54  <peter1138> presumably so if the maps aren't loaded it doesn't look so bad...
20:28:54  <Tron> that's vague at best
20:29:27  *** DJ_Mirage [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
20:29:27  <peter1138> it's also only lost for the engines with 2cc enabled
20:30:05  <peter1138> it is vague, seeing as that doesn't work in ttdp anyway (you get solid greys and blacks...)
20:30:27  *** UnderBuilder [n=UnderBui@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
20:30:30  <Tron> *sigh*
20:30:45  <Tron> so they wasted one hue for no reason
20:32:14  <Prof_Frink> IIRC green was chosen 'cause there's lots of greens in the palette
20:32:39  <peter1138> there's a lot of reddy-browns too :)
20:32:44  *** DJ_Mirage [] has joined #openttd
20:32:57  <Tron> there are about 4 palette indices which can't be used normally at all
20:33:02  <Tron> they were perfect candidates
20:33:21  <peter1138> 217 up would've been a good candidate
20:33:24  <Tron> that's with the original one up to 6 company colours!
20:33:50  <Tron> ok, about 40 only applies for the windwos version
20:34:08  <Tron> still 217 would've been a good choice even for the dos version
20:34:14  <Prof_Frink> ask patchy sometime
20:34:27  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
20:34:39  <peter1138> that may be too tricky for the graphic artists' minds ;)
20:34:53  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3711 /trunk/ (saveload.c saveload.h): - Extract the WriteValue() and ReadValue() parts of the saveload code to assign/read to/from a variable. Preparatory work to make this the general function type for such assignments
20:35:21  <peter1138> of course, we can use a different change, but then existing sets won't use it, and it'll be fairly pointless
20:35:26  <peter1138> s/change/range/
20:35:36  <Tron> Darkvater: imo != 0 is a better choice for bool test than == 1
20:36:09  <Darkvater> hmm, ok
20:36:29  <DaleStan> If it's a boolean, why are you comparing it for equality with anything?
20:36:31  <Tron> Darkvater: also make these guys static
20:36:41  <Darkvater>  Preparatory work to make this the general function type for such assignments
20:36:54  <Darkvater> I'll use it for settings and the cheats as well
20:37:16  <peter1138> int64s yum :)
20:38:01  <Tron> <-- would somebody care to explain to them that tunnels don't exist
20:38:41  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3712 /trunk/saveload.c: - Change the boolean assignment/reading from == 1 to != 0 as suggested by Tron.
20:39:58  <peter1138> heh
20:39:59  <hylje> shouldnt at least tunnel ends have optional signals
20:40:04  *** AciD [n=gni@unaffiliated/acid] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
20:40:16  <ln-> did anyone ever wonder why ludde had to follow the design of TTDx so closely? imitate almost all its limitations.
20:41:18  <Noldo> ln-: he propably wasn't conserned about that at all
20:41:34  <DaleStan> < Tron> why didn't they use the animated part for colour indices? <--- <patchman> ...because then you couldn't use that for flashing lights. <patchman> also, this would make it next to impossible to convert DOS<->Windows graphics
20:41:34  <DaleStan> In the future, when complaining about one of patchman's decisions, please complain to him directly. He probably knew what he was doing.
20:42:18  <ln-> Noldo: about what?
20:42:38  <Noldo> ln-: about design
20:43:04  <_Luca_> Celestar: Ping
20:43:15  <Tron> DaleStan: keep you ttdp advocacy to yourself, it still makes no sense
20:43:19  <DaleStan> Tron: <patchman> if they have a problem with it, they can talk to me...
20:43:42  <DaleStan> And where was I advocating TTDPatch?
20:43:44  <ln-> Noldo: what do you mean? that he wasn't concerned about the fact that the design has several limitations?
20:44:16  <Tron> ln-: the design was to imitate TTD, period
20:44:31  <DaleStan> I said that patchman choose to do it that way, and that if you have a problem with his decisions, you should talk to him, not complain here.
20:44:57  <peter1138> well...
20:45:04  <Kjetil> Why do we care about ttdp ? "They such bigtime"
20:45:12  <Tron> i'm not complaining about ttdp, because i don't care about ttdp
20:45:32  <Tron> i just don't like it that we are indirectly forced to use the same kind of ugly hacks
20:46:01  <Kjetil> isn't ttdp a huge hacked version of the original ttd ?
20:46:14  <peter1138> *sigh*
20:48:44  <Noldo> peter1138: :)
20:48:57  <peter1138> said patch:
20:49:32  <Tron> -	PALETTE_SPRITE_WIDTH = 11,  ///< number of bits of the sprite containing the recolor palette
20:49:33  <Tron> +	PALETTE_SPRITE_WIDTH = 14,  ///< number of bits of the sprite containing the recolor palette
20:49:37  <Tron> what exactly is this?
20:49:49  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3713 /trunk/misc_gui.c:
20:49:49  <CIA-5> - Fix up the cheats window a little. The cheats code is still abominable, but at least a bit more readable now.
20:49:49  <CIA-5>  Use the now generalized ReadValue/WriteValue functions as well as using general variable-types (SLE_VAR, instead of custom CE_ ones).
20:49:49  <CIA-5>  Remove the CE_CLICK type and use a SLE_BOOL type instead with a flag of CE_CLICK.
20:49:50  <CIA-5>  Remove stepsize from the struct. The stepsize is automatically calculated from the minimum and maximum values (in 20 steps).
20:49:58  <Tron>  // XXX Temporary stub -- will be expanded
20:49:59  <Tron> -static PalSpriteID GetEngineColourMap(PlayerID player)
20:49:59  <Tron> +static PalSpriteID GetEngineColourMap(EngineID engine_type, PlayerID player)
20:50:04  <Tron> does the XXX still apply?
20:50:26  <peter1138> sort of
20:51:13  *** ^Cartman^ [] has quit ["Que?"]
20:51:28  <Tron> +				if (ce->flags & CE_CLICK) {
20:51:37  <Tron> Darkvater: "Remove the CE_CLICK type"?
20:52:09  <peter1138> the current palette sprite width is... too limited
20:52:47  <Tron> peter1138: what is this constant? the comment doesn't really make sense to me
20:52:48  <peter1138> it indicates which bits in a palspriteid are the palette to use
20:53:08  <peter1138> along with palette_sprite_start
20:53:30  <Tron> 8192 different palettes?
20:53:37  *** C-Otto [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
20:53:47  <Tron> wrong, 16384 even
20:54:01  <Darkvater> Tron: it was a type like CE_BOOL or CE_UINT8
20:54:01  <peter1138> well, they're mixed in with normal sprites
20:54:31  <peter1138> you can use any sprite as a colour map o_O
20:54:36  <Tron> Darkvater: you wrote in the log you removed CE_CLICK, but you added a line containing CE_CLICK
20:54:48  <Darkvater> well I removed the type and added the flag :)
20:56:01  *** KritiK [] has joined #openttd
20:56:33  <Tron> +	/* Bit 1 of misc_flags indicates whether the engine uses 2 company colours */
20:56:35  *** DJ_Mirage [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
20:56:38  <Tron> peter1138: give the poor bit a name
20:58:41  *** C-Otto [] has joined #openttd
20:58:48  <peter1138> hmm, need a prefix
21:00:25  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
21:00:46  <CIA-5> tron * r3714 /trunk/ (landscape.c station_cmd.c water_cmd.c water_map.h): Add functions to turn tiles into water and shore tiles
21:02:20  * Vornicus likes watching CIA-5 (or whatever number it has on any given day) talk about changes.
21:02:38  <hylje> its been 5 for quite long
21:03:11  <Bjarni> All bug reports should contain CPU type and version of OSX to be of any use <-- I don't like how I ended up with this sentence. Any suggestions?
21:03:55  *** tokai|noir [] has quit ["It's like, wah."]
21:04:28  <hylje> please include the exact version of OS X and architechture (Intel/PPC)
21:04:29  *** dfox [] has quit [Connection timed out]
21:04:38  <Bjarni> no, "wah" fails horribly as well :p
21:04:39  <Vornicus> "In order to fix bugs in the OS X release, we must know what version of OS X and what CPU type you encounter the bug on."
21:04:53  <Bjarni> hmm
21:05:19  <Bjarni> hylje: actually it's also useful to know if it is G5 or G4 or even G3
21:05:30  <hylje> oh yes
21:05:46  <hylje> s/PPC/(G5/G4/G3)/
21:06:04  <hylje> but then the architecture is not valid wording
21:06:24  <hylje> perhaps its most useful to have a bug report gadget
21:06:42  <Bjarni> a lot of gamers don't know what architecture means anyway
21:06:50  <Bjarni> they know that they got a great CPU though
21:07:31  <Bjarni> and here is the issue: I need to say what I want to say and at the same time make sure that everybody understands it
21:07:40  <Vornicus> frankly if you're on a Mac and don't know what CPU you're running, you bought your mac while /completely ignoring all the marketing/, which would be an impressive feat.
21:07:42  <Bjarni> well, everybody != Horse :p
21:07:43  <peter1138> what, opteron?
21:08:00  <hylje> just fetch a diag tool
21:08:06  <hylje> or make a shellscript to get that data
21:08:16  <hylje> and tell the user to include the given text in the bug report
21:08:25  <Bjarni> great idea
21:08:42  <Bjarni> I already got code to detect if it is a G5 at runtime
21:09:03  <Bjarni> it just needs a bit more work and it will show every single CPU type and OS version
21:09:23  <hylje> its good for bug reports to get more data automagically
21:09:39  <hylje> users cant always be arsed to find out themselves
21:09:41  * peter1138 recompiles
21:11:00  *** dfox [] has joined #openttd
21:11:02  <CIA-5> belugas * r3715 /branch/tfc_newmap/ (vehicle.c vehicle.h): [tfc_newmap] -Updated to trunk r3701
21:11:38  * peter1138 ponders the day of hitting r10000
21:11:42  *** exc [] has joined #openttd
21:12:08  <hylje> is it all time revcount
21:12:32  *** exc [] has left #openttd []
21:14:22  <Vornicus> (you can find out what processor and os version you're running through Apple Menu -> About This Mac
21:14:27  *** Mukke [] has quit []
21:15:27  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3716 /trunk/ (misc.c saveload.c settings.c):
21:15:27  <CIA-5> - Move the option settings (_game_opt_desc) from misc.c into settings.c. This
21:15:27  <CIA-5> will be merged with SettingDesc misc_settings above as they are actually the
21:15:27  <CIA-5> same. No functionality has changed beside the fact that the settings are now in
21:15:27  <CIA-5> a different Chunkhandler.
21:16:23  <Darkvater> now for the big part :D
21:19:11  <peter1138> that was nice
21:19:31  <peter1138> my computer just locked up, rebooted and came up with disk boot failure o_O
21:19:50  * peter1138 checks the event log
21:20:26  <peter1138> heh, nothing of course
21:20:27  *** TrueLight [] has joined #openttd
21:23:12  * peter1138 updates diff
21:27:34  *** Belugas_Work is now known as Belugas
21:28:00  *** |VillageIdiot| [] has quit ["Leaving"]
21:30:56  <Darkvater> fuckazoid...grrr
21:30:59  *** dfox [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
21:32:58  *** RoySmeding [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:34:07  <XeryusTC> <- they have been playing DDR too much :)
21:34:21  <peter1138> Darkvater?
21:34:36  <hylje> better to dance than to not dance
21:35:00  <Darkvater> I don't want to commit the whole thing in one go, but this means writing and testing extra code that'll be deleted 2-3 revisions later :(
21:35:09  <peter1138> ah
21:36:44  <KUDr> Celestar: ping
21:39:35  *** chazz [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
21:40:02  <Darkvater> great, crash :(
21:41:11  <SpComb> there is no debian openttd package?
21:41:18  <SpComb> dammnations
21:41:38  *** SchAmane [] has quit ["Ciao"]
21:41:44  <peter1138> they're probably being anal about the licensing, heh
21:42:12  <hylje> :x
21:42:13  <Bjarni> hey, my CPU is named "dd". I didn't know that
21:42:25  <hylje> grats
21:42:33  <Bjarni> writing hardware detectors really can tell you something about your computer, that you didn't know :p
21:43:36  <Bjarni> the odd thing is: none of the CPU types are named anything even close to dd
21:43:53  <Bjarni> I got G3, G4, G5, Intel and undetected :s
21:44:47  <Darkvater> <-- can someone comment please?
21:45:25  <Darkvater> it looks big, but it's basically just 1. converting old settingdesc to new one that includes saveload code. 2. converting ini-loading to use this new format
21:45:30  <ln-> well, using underscore in variable names is silly.
21:45:36  <ln-> in the begin of them, that is.
21:45:40  <Darkvater> o_O
21:46:04  <Darkvater> if you have nothing constructive to say, please...
21:46:33  <Darkvater> you can kinda ignore the network_client and network_server changes, those are temporary
21:47:20  <ln-> Darkvater: wasn't there already one case where a global variable of OTTD conflicted with some symbol from libc?
21:47:29  <Darkvater> don't remember any
21:48:04  *** ^Cartman^ [] has joined #openttd
21:48:35  <ln-> it was discussed on this channel.. i don't remember who talked about it, maybe Tron.
21:48:35  <Celestar> weee
21:48:42  <Celestar> germany is getting their ass whooped
21:49:01  <Celestar> KUDr: echo-reply
21:49:32  <KUDr> Celestar: PM
21:49:43  <Celestar> yeah
21:49:49  <Celestar> hm people.
21:50:10  *** dfox [] has joined #openttd
21:50:24  <Celestar> KUDr: here
21:50:38  <Celestar> Darkvater: KUDr sais to have found the problem with multistop and NPF
21:50:55  <Bjarni> <Celestar>	germany is getting their ass whooped <-- yeah, it's not fair that we pay your bills all the time
21:51:00  <Darkvater> did he also say what it was/is?
21:51:05  <KUDr> [22:47:56] <KUDr> your trucks are outside tracks
21:51:20  <KUDr> in the corner / turn
21:51:27  <Celestar> Darkvater: I'll commit the New and Improved multistop to morrow morning
21:51:32  <KUDr> valid track is i.e. LEFT
21:51:48  <KUDr> but rv is on X
21:51:51  <Darkvater> KUDr: hehe, that's a good one :)
21:52:10  *** |Jeroen| [] has quit ["I seem to be off"]
21:52:11  <Celestar> LEFT?
21:52:17  <Celestar> how can roads have LEFT?
21:52:18  <KUDr> yes
21:52:33  <Celestar> they only have X and Y directions ?
21:52:35  <KUDr> changing direction from NE to NW
21:52:45  <KUDr> in the corner it is LEFT
21:53:04  <Celestar> this isn't really great if you ask me
21:53:41  <Celestar> I needa to leave for about 5 minutes.
21:53:45  <Celestar> I'll read up then.
21:53:57  <KUDr> so either there was a change in GetTrackStatus()
21:54:01  <KUDr> ok
21:54:12  <KUDr> or in the rc controller
21:54:18  <KUDr> rc->rv
21:54:56  <KUDr> i guess LEFT is valid in the NE->NW corner
21:55:37  <KUDr> so pf follols wron direction (X_NE) and vehicle jumps to the water
21:55:38  <peter1138> hmm
21:55:46  <KUDr> so pf fails
21:55:55  <KUDr> this is your problem
21:56:06  <KUDr> but not in pathfinder
21:57:10  <KUDr> peter1138: what do you think about NE->NW corner? Should it be LEFT or X | Y
21:57:39  <Darkvater> anyone looking at it? :)
21:57:45  <peter1138> KUDr: no idea atm
21:57:47  <peter1138> Darkvater: me
21:57:52  <Darkvater> peter1138: \o/
21:57:58  *** egladil [] has quit []
21:58:00  <KUDr> i think LEFT is OK
21:58:23  <peter1138> Darkvater: looks padded with a few style changes too :)
21:58:40  <KUDr> if pf follows that track, both neighbors are OK
21:59:03  <Darkvater> peter1138: major-style-change overhaul because of macros :)
22:01:22  *** Belugas is now known as Belugas_Gone
22:02:22  <Celestar> back
22:02:23  <Belugas_Gone> Bye.  i won't be there tomorrow.
22:02:33  *** Scia [] has quit ["kwiet"]
22:02:53  <Celestar> blathijs: PING
22:03:13  <SpComb> pawong
22:03:30  <Celestar> KUDr: so the problem is that the PF is called right when the vehicle is on the border?
22:03:48  <KUDr> not on the border
22:04:08  <KUDr> in turn the rv should be on non-diag track
22:04:16  <SpComb> NPF smells!
22:04:21  <KUDr> but it is on old diag track
22:04:30  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
22:04:36  <Celestar> but the fact that the RV is on a non-existing track is not acceptable?
22:05:03  <KUDr> ok, but it is not error in PF
22:05:12  <Celestar> good to know :)
22:05:14  <KUDr> must be elsewhere
22:05:29  <Celestar> VehicleEnter_Road ?
22:05:43  <KUDr> did anybody changes in the RV controller?
22:06:16  <Celestar> ask the svn :)
22:06:37  <KUDr> hmm
22:06:45  *** chazz [] has joined #openttd
22:06:58  <Celestar> v3613
22:07:42  <Celestar> svn blame is your friend :)
22:08:57  <peter1138> that's just whitespace though
22:09:09  <Celestar> yah
22:09:15  <Celestar> but there are more changes ..
22:10:15  *** sw4y [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
22:12:10  <Celestar> ok I'll commit it NPF-less first, and then try to find that bug later on
22:12:45  <KUDr> hmm
22:16:31  <Celestar> KUDr: thanks for digging into that problem
22:16:56  <KUDr> Celestar: no problem, I must study NPF now
22:17:11  <KUDr> so it was part of that
22:17:15  <Celestar> have fun
22:17:17  <Celestar> :)
22:17:21  <KUDr> :)
22:18:29  *** BFM [] has joined #openttd
22:20:15  <Bjarni> static *char Get_CPU_Type_String() <-- what's wrong with this line?
22:20:24  <Bjarni> well, I mean, how should it look?
22:20:36  <Bjarni> it didn't like the pointer return
22:20:37  <KUDr> *char ?
22:20:38  <ln-> what's a *char?
22:21:28  <Bjarni> heh, it should be char* instead :p
22:21:35  <KUDr> :)
22:22:22  <Bjarni> interesting
22:22:23  <Bjarni> os/macosx/macos.m:63: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
22:22:23  <Bjarni> os/macosx/macos.m: In function 'Get_CPU_Type_String':
22:22:23  <Bjarni> os/macosx/macos.m:63: warning: old-style function definition
22:22:23  <Bjarni> os/macosx/macos.m:92: warning: return from incompatible pointer type
22:22:27  <Bjarni> yet it works anyway
22:23:03  <ln-> quite likely it should be const char *, unless you are planning to modify the string.
22:23:33  <Bjarni> I'm not
22:23:53  <KUDr> then const char*, yes
22:23:53  <Bjarni> for some odd reason, I don't plan to call a function to get the name of the CPU and then modify the result ;)
22:24:17  <Bjarni> hmm
22:24:40  <Bjarni> the problem is that I wrote this in an objective C file
22:24:47  <Bjarni> and it really is written in plain C
22:24:59  <Bjarni> I better make a new file to get rid of the objective warning stuff
22:27:10  <Darkvater> MiHaMiX: ping
22:27:53  *** tefad [n=tefad@unaffiliated/tefad] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
22:28:03  *** BFM [] has quit ["Chatzilla [Firefox 1.0.7/20050919]"]
22:28:30  *** tefad [] has joined #openttd
22:28:41  *** BFM [] has joined #openttd
22:31:37  <peter1138> bahh
22:33:28  <SpComb> baaaa
22:33:41  <SpComb>
22:33:46  <SpComb> just what you always wanted
22:35:22  *** ^Cartman^ [] has quit ["Que?"]
22:36:13  *** Jenkz [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:36:26  *** Spoco [] has quit []
22:40:41  *** Zr40_ [] has joined #openttd
22:40:54  *** Zr40 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:41:19  *** Angst [] has quit ["n8"]
22:41:28  *** _Luca_ [n=luca@] has left #openttd []
22:42:35  *** Jezral [] has quit [") - ("]
22:42:35  <blathijs> Celestar: pong
22:42:48  <BFM> What's happening people?
22:45:14  *** thgergo [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
22:45:20  *** Qrrbrbirlbel [] has quit [""]
22:50:59  *** tiberiusteng [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
22:51:51  *** Prof_Frink [] has quit ["bouncy"]
22:52:01  *** Prof_Frink [] has joined #openttd
22:52:53  <peter1138> a lot of idling
22:54:29  <peter1138>
22:54:41  <Eddi|zuHause2> what else is new, peter1138?
22:54:52  <peter1138> new? idling isn't new
22:54:57  <peter1138> i'm well versed in it
22:55:26  * Kuja^ nods
22:58:13  <peter1138> aspyhacker wrote:
22:58:13  <peter1138> Is there a ttd version that has all of the features openttd?
22:58:13  <peter1138> Yes, it's called OpenTTD.
22:58:20  <peter1138> hehe
22:58:47  *** Zr40_ [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
23:00:09  <Darkvater> peter1138: lol
23:00:10  <Darkvater> We've already decided on 3 company colours for 32bpp.(which becomes 34bpp because of the 2 bit overlay image including the 4 colours black(noCC) red(CC1) green(CC2) and blue(CC3). exactly how this is going to be implemented hasn't been decided, but i did post a good sugestion somewhere in a topic called "32bpp progress?" somewhere in the development forum.)
23:00:16  <Darkvater> how does that make you feel?
23:01:09  <peter1138> is that the one bobingabout decided on?
23:01:14  <Qball> 34bit colors
23:01:14  <Darkvater> yes :)
23:01:19  <Darkvater> Is there a ttd version that has all of the features openttd?
23:01:20  <Darkvater> Yes, it's called OpenTTD.
23:01:28  <Darkvater> this is funny (what you posted)
23:01:30  <Qball> 23:58 <+peter1138> Is there a ttd version that has all of the features openttd?
23:01:31  <Qball> 23:58 <+peter1138> Yes, it's called OpenTTD.
23:01:33  <Darkvater> but this
23:01:37  <Darkvater> but i need one that you can use on the computer
23:01:41  <peter1138> :)
23:01:43  <Darkvater> is even better ^^
23:01:58  <XeryusTC> hehe
23:02:02  <Darkvater> man, that thread is gold
23:02:05  <Darkvater> but i need one that you can use on the computer
23:02:05  <Darkvater> pss, internet is now avaible for computer.
23:02:07  <Darkvater> btw:
23:02:09  * XeryusTC has seen that thread
23:02:20  <peter1138> jeje
23:02:27  <peter1138> bedtime
23:02:32  <XeryusTC> there's something about 56k in there too :P
23:02:34  <peter1138> no 2cc tonight
23:02:39  <Darkvater> that guy has made 5 posts..5 posts of a moron
23:02:48  * Darkvater slaps peter1138
23:02:51  <Darkvater> stay awake dammit!
23:02:59  <peter1138> it's not that, my missus is moaning :(
23:03:17  <Darkvater> I take that's not the positive type of moaning
23:03:28  <peter1138> well
23:03:54  <peter1138> who knows
23:04:10  <peter1138> <-- more commentorizing
23:04:39  <Darkvater> +/**
23:04:40  <Darkvater> + * EngineInfo.misc_flags is a bitmask, with the following values
23:04:40  <Darkvater> + */
23:04:48  <Darkvater> I wonder what the code-style is for this
23:04:53  <Darkvater> I always do /** bla */
23:05:15  <peter1138> i do can /** bla */ if you want
23:05:16  <peter1138> er
23:05:17  <peter1138> can do
23:05:19  <peter1138> o_O
23:05:33  <Darkvater> well, no was just thinking which one to use
23:05:51  <peter1138> oh, heh
23:05:54  <Darkvater> the 2cc diff is just getting smaller and smaller :p
23:06:37  <peter1138> well, i could do it all in one go...
23:06:45  <peter1138> erm, i was going
23:06:53  <peter1138> (to bed or to commit? that is the question)
23:07:40  <Darkvater> flip le'coin :)
23:07:48  <peter1138> i can do both!
23:07:55  <peter1138> commit 'n' run
23:07:57  <Darkvater> even better
23:12:36  <XeryusTC> _O_
23:13:50  <BFM> That's possibly the best thread ever invented.
23:14:10  <CIA-5> peter1138 * r3717 /trunk/ (data/2ccmap.grf engine.h gfxinit.c table/sprites.h vehicle.c): - [2cc] Add 2cc colour maps and use for newgrf engines requiring them. Currently the second colour is fixed to be the player's colour.
23:15:10  <peter1138> the rest shall wait
23:15:43  <Darkvater> hehe, gn :)
23:15:48  <peter1138> nn :)
23:15:50  <BFM> I don't think he should even qualifys for engineer. =\
23:17:09  *** tokai|ni [] has joined #openttd
23:18:46  *** tokai [] has quit [Connection timed out]
23:19:17  <Darkvater> he it's nice to look at what google comes up with for openttd :)
23:19:30  *** Zr40 [] has joined #openttd
23:20:26  *** Tron [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
23:22:51  <BFM> What's this... google you speak off....
23:23:07  <Eddi|zuHause2>
23:23:30  <Eddi|zuHause2> it's a 1337 h4xx0r site for warez finding
23:23:32  <BFM> aah haha! Too funny!
23:23:45  <XeryusTC> hehe
23:24:12  * XeryusTC checks if still exists :P
23:24:30  <XeryusTC> heh, it does
23:29:22  *** chazz [] has quit []
23:29:44  *** Nubian [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
23:33:27  *** Jezral [] has joined #openttd
23:34:57  *** Brianetta [] has quit ["Tschüß"]
23:35:12  *** MeusH [] has joined #openttd
23:35:23  <MeusH> hello
23:36:15  <XeryusTC> hi
23:37:26  *** XeryusTC is now known as Xeryus|bed
23:37:27  <Xeryus|bed> good night
23:39:23  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3718 /trunk/saveload.h: - Add proper Doxygen comments to some saveload-structs (using ///<)
23:40:16  <MeusH> goodnight everybody
23:40:19  *** MeusH [] has quit ["Cya layer"]
23:50:08  *** Bjarni [] has quit ["Leaving"]
23:50:33  *** Cipri [] has joined #openttd
23:51:16  *** SchAmane [] has joined #openttd
23:53:23  <CIA-5> Darkvater * r3719 /trunk/ (saveload.h settings.c settings.h): (log message trimmed)
23:53:23  <CIA-5> - [1/4] Present the game with a unified structure for the configuration-ini,
23:53:23  <CIA-5> saveload, console and gui representations of the settings. This first part
23:53:23  <CIA-5> rewrites the configuration section to use the SaveLoad VarType in general.
23:53:23  <CIA-5> - This unified structure consists of a SaveLoad type which stores all data
23:53:26  <CIA-5> relevant about the variable internals such as type, mem/filesize, address,
23:53:28  <CIA-5> version-control. The SettingDesc type is concerned more about the
23:55:54  *** e1ko [] has quit ["Chatzilla 0.9.67+ [SeaMonkey 1.0/2006013012]"]

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk