Log for #openttd on 17th March 2018:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:02:19  *** glx has quit IRC
00:06:15  *** glx has joined #openttd
00:06:15  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v glx
00:19:25  *** Flygon has joined #openttd
00:48:01  *** SeraphAngel has joined #openttd
01:07:24  *** Thedarkb has quit IRC
01:32:15  *** Thedarkb has joined #openttd
01:56:11  *** iSoSyS has quit IRC
03:21:21  *** SeraphAngel has quit IRC
03:38:35  *** glx has quit IRC
04:30:52  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
06:14:35  *** Mahjong1 has quit IRC
06:15:20  *** Mahjong1 has joined #openttd
06:24:59  *** sla_ro|master has joined #openttd
06:30:49  *** supermop has quit IRC
07:02:39  *** nielsm has joined #openttd
07:02:45  *** keoz has joined #openttd
07:07:21  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
07:15:14  *** Alberth has joined #openttd
07:15:14  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o Alberth
07:15:21  <Alberth> moin
07:17:03  <andythenorth> hi
07:17:25  <Alberth> it's snowing here :)
07:25:15  *** Cubey has quit IRC
07:30:12  *** Progman has joined #openttd
07:39:37  *** [1]sim-al2 has joined #openttd
07:42:36  *** sim-al2 has quit IRC
07:42:36  *** [1]sim-al2 is now known as sim-al2
07:48:44  *** keoz has quit IRC
08:05:09  <andythenorth> sulfur is so brightly coloured
08:07:48  <Alberth> :D
08:13:28  <__ln__> which newgrf is that
08:15:15  <andythenorth> it's future Sam
08:15:28  <andythenorth> screenshot used a time machine
08:15:33  <__ln__> i see
08:15:47  <andythenorth> we also introduced arbitrary map rotation in future
08:16:00  <Alberth> including upside down
08:16:06  <Alberth> (not shown in this picture)
08:16:48  <Alberth> I started a new steel game at 256x256, it feels very small :)
08:17:26  <andythenorth> you should try my ships :P
08:17:45  <Alberth> :o indeed
08:17:54  <andythenorth> I like 256x256
08:18:39  <Alberth> I usually play 512x512 or 256x512
08:19:04  <Alberth> hmm, shippy steel game at 128x128 ?
08:19:35  <andythenorth>
08:19:50  <andythenorth> it's not a complete roster in the alpha
08:21:30  <Alberth> let's try
08:36:24  *** gelignite has joined #openttd
08:50:14  *** [1]sim-al2 has joined #openttd
08:50:14  *** sim-al2 is now known as Guest814
08:50:14  *** [1]sim-al2 is now known as sim-al2
08:51:41  *** Guest814 has quit IRC
08:57:35  <TrueBrain> right .. lets see how GitHub auto-import from SubVersion works :D
08:57:43  <TrueBrain> Detecting ..... well, that takes for ever :P
08:59:08  <TrueBrain> okay, this is going to take a while I guess .. lol ..
09:00:05  <TrueBrain> haha: "There was an error importing commits"
09:00:09  <TrueBrain> I am not surprised :D
09:00:42  <TrueBrain> no details nothing
09:05:26  <LordAro> yay
09:13:14  *** iSoSyS has joined #openttd
09:19:18  <andythenorth> I imported to github, but maybe from git :P
09:19:21  <TrueBrain> funny, we used to modify git-svn to do what we want to do :)
09:19:31  <andythenorth>
09:19:45  <TrueBrain> do commits start with (svn r..) ?
09:19:56  <andythenorth> yes
09:20:03  <TrueBrain> then you forked from the git import :)
09:20:08  <TrueBrain> (that is very non-default behaviour)
09:20:12  <andythenorth> :P
09:21:01  <TrueBrain> but I really like that, over leaving a git-svn-id to a svn that will be shut down over time ..
09:21:09  <TrueBrain> but it turns out that the patch we used for that, no longer applies :D
09:27:35  <TrueBrain> and nobody understands Perl, so this is difficult :)
09:33:49  <Alberth> quite :(
09:34:14  <TrueBrain> okay .. so that import is running ... that will take a very very very very very very very long time :D
09:35:07  <TrueBrain> most curious if it picks up branches etc correctly
09:35:24  <TrueBrain> do we still have branches on svn .. hmm
09:35:32  <TrueBrain> (except for the release branches)
09:35:47  <TrueBrain> owh, yes, the 'extra' stuff :D
09:35:51  <TrueBrain> they need to go in different repos, I guess
09:36:09  <TrueBrain> no other unexpected stuff anymore, good
09:40:15  <Alberth> old airport stuff perhaps?
09:40:36  <TrueBrain> not in subversion anymore
09:40:50  <Alberth> someone has cleaned up :)
09:40:56  <TrueBrain> yeah, a while back I think
09:41:05  <TrueBrain> hmm .. git svn doesn't tag our tags :D
09:41:26  <TrueBrain> but that is fixable
09:41:41  <TrueBrain> in subversion you make a commit to make a tag, which is a bit odd :D
09:41:59  <Alberth> git likes that too, afaik
09:42:06  <Alberth> but you can do without
09:42:07  <TrueBrain> a tag is not a commit in git
09:42:13  <TrueBrain> just a marker
09:42:47  <Alberth> git tag -s  I think?
09:43:03  <Alberth> but makes sense if it's a public tag, like a release
09:43:14  <Alberth> much less if it's an internal tag
09:43:36  <TrueBrain> I guess what I will do is make git-tags out of the tags branches, and remove the branches
09:43:42  <Alberth> oh,  git tag -a   is the one
09:43:43  <TrueBrain> even if there are some commits on them, the tag will show that
09:43:59  <TrueBrain> should be sufficient information I guess
09:44:21  <Alberth> yeah, it just has to be findable
09:46:29  *** Biolunar has joined #openttd
09:48:04  <TrueBrain> so now, FlySpray import .. lets see :)
09:52:51  <TrueBrain> hmm .. can I make the svn import skip any branches no following certain names .. as .. they will be removed anyway .. wasting time .. I wonder ..
09:53:18  <TrueBrain> seems you cant
09:53:20  <TrueBrain> owh well
09:53:38  <TrueBrain> guess they are part of the history too :P
09:54:44  <Alberth> :)
09:55:40  <TrueBrain> import is at commit 500
09:55:47  <TrueBrain> this is going to take a long while :P
09:56:08  <LordAro> and fail at commit 19k
09:56:09  <nielsm> so why are you making your own anyway?
09:56:22  <TrueBrain> "my own"
09:56:31  <TrueBrain> LordAro: why do you make me sad :(
09:56:42  <LordAro> TrueBrain: i try
09:56:56  <TrueBrain> nielsm: if I am not going to do it, who is going to?
09:57:50  <nielsm> well is an automatically maintained gitsvn, syncing up to new svn adds?
09:59:06  <TrueBrain> well, it is automatic, but it didn't came into existance "automatically" :D
09:59:18  <LordAro> nielsm: if you check you might get an answer
09:59:23  <nielsm> true
09:59:30  <TrueBrain> LordAro: don't spoil it :P
09:59:58  <TrueBrain> nielsm: but for we made the desicion to have all branches etc not follow their parent; this means that we have alot of small git repos
10:00:04  <TrueBrain> I now need one single repo with everything in there
10:00:10  <nielsm> oh
10:00:13  <TrueBrain> I can of course merge those gits together .. but that is more effort ;)
10:00:33  *** Stimrol has joined #openttd
10:00:55  * nielsm feels slightly silly
10:01:03  <TrueBrain> basically, I am trying to prepare a full migration to GitHub, where we shut down svn/git/hg on itself
10:01:12  <LordAro> TB has a tendency to do that, don't worry :p
10:01:15  <TrueBrain> LordAro: now look what you did to that poor man!
10:01:26  <TrueBrain> or girl .. but niels suggests man :P
10:01:40  <TrueBrain> well .. girl vs man is a bit insulting .. not what I meant :P
10:01:57  * LordAro hands TB a shovel
10:02:05  <nielsm> so development would move to using a git repos as the primary source of truth?
10:02:05  <TrueBrain> nah, I did that all by myself, no worries
10:02:12  <TrueBrain> yes
10:02:22  <TrueBrain> and it makes me write PHP .. not sure what I think about this
10:02:30  <LordAro> ono
10:03:03  <TrueBrain> 1000 commits done ..
10:03:12  <TrueBrain> that that makes 10 minutes for 500 commits ..
10:03:17  <TrueBrain> so 50 per minute . .1 per second ..
10:03:25  <TrueBrain> @calc 27993 / 3600
10:03:25  <DorpsGek> TrueBrain: 7.77583333333
10:03:27  <TrueBrain> 7 hours
10:03:28  <TrueBrain> lol
10:03:31  <LordAro> aye, git-svn is not fast
10:03:48  <TrueBrain> I dont mind if it is slow, as long as it does the right thing :D
10:03:53  <LordAro> i tried running it on our svn repo at work once
10:03:56  *** sla_ro|master has quit IRC
10:03:57  <LordAro> with 90k commits
10:03:59  <TrueBrain> we removed commits from subversion .. and some tools really really do not fancy that
10:04:11  <LordAro> luckily it died quickly and i gave up
10:04:16  <TrueBrain> (you cannot find commit r10000, for example)
10:04:20  <andythenorth> could just reset history :P
10:04:23  <LordAro> haha, yes
10:04:28  <andythenorth> we could 'lose' 19k commits
10:04:33  <andythenorth> there is precedent :P
10:04:41  <TrueBrain> it was not 19k commits!
10:04:43  <TrueBrain> just 600!
10:04:47  <TrueBrain> (which was a big deal back then)
10:04:54  <TrueBrain> also the moment I took over hosting :P
10:05:15  <TrueBrain> we could get those commits back if we paid some weird dude money ..
10:05:18  <TrueBrain> it was that bad :P
10:05:24  <TrueBrain> (basically the data was being kept hostage)
10:05:28  <LordAro> r1 implies 975 commits
10:05:36  <TrueBrain> you are correct
10:05:39  <TrueBrain> still not 19k :P
10:05:42  <LordAro> true
10:05:49  <nielsm> so just going to ask again, I'd like someone to review my new music decoding/etc code, mainly for stylistic issues but anything goes really:
10:06:09  <TrueBrain> was also the moment btw that we started to backup subversion to 3 locations .. every night a full copy of the full subversion is being sent to other locations
10:06:13  <nielsm> any pointers for things to improve or watch out for would be appreciated :)
10:06:15  <TrueBrain> both geo-locations as owners :P
10:06:59  <LordAro> nielsm: i noticed function brace style immediately
10:07:41  <LordAro> no if-not-all-on-one-line without braces
10:08:16  <nielsm> huh and I've looked through that page several times and never noticed my function braces were wrong
10:08:25  <TrueBrain> I am very happy I no longer have a clue how to write PHP .. but this is annoying too :D
10:08:50  <LordAro> nielsm: if-elseif-else braces too
10:08:57  <LordAro> code itself looks alright
10:09:16  <LordAro> not that i've looked in detail
10:09:33  <nielsm> I've exercised the code itself quite a lot so I'm confident it works ;)
10:10:48  <TrueBrain> that is always a good thing :D
10:12:38  <nielsm> I wonder if I can configured VS2015 to not automatically reformat "} else {" into }\nelse {"
10:12:56  <__ln__> nielsm: actually you can
10:15:31  <nielsm> just found it yes
10:17:18  <TrueBrain> too bad you cannot create issues with older dates in GitHub, not even as admin
10:17:22  <TrueBrain> that would have been awesome ...
10:19:40  <andythenorth> found a grain barge :o
10:19:52  <andythenorth> life imitates my newgrf :P
10:21:28  <nielsm> now, is there also an option to make VS2015 understand  ///< doxygen comments? by default it just parses them as "invalid xml"
10:21:34  <nielsm> because of the <
10:21:45  <andythenorth> :o box wagon barges also,h_336,al_c,lg_1,q_80/0642f9_e8ae99e02547467fb5a44a71e3e239ec.webp
10:21:49  <LordAro> i'd imagine google will tell you
10:21:56  <LordAro> probably just disable xml comment parsing
10:23:25  <Alberth> xml as comment format is insane anyway
10:23:48  <LordAro> ^
10:24:12  *** synchris has joined #openttd
10:26:10  <nielsm> at the bottom of midifile.cpp I do some hacky things defining two debugging/easter-egg console commands:
10:26:14  <nielsm> is that acceptable at all?
10:27:21  <nielsm> and, does midifile.cpp belong in the src/music/ directory or somewhere else? it's only related to music but it's not a music driver in itself
10:28:19  <LordAro> it'd be more normal to just move the function above where it's called
10:28:36  <LordAro> the includes should be at the top of the file regardless
10:28:47  <Alberth> I am getting a little lost between all the islands, andy :)
10:29:03  <LordAro> i'm not qualified to answer about where the file should actually go
10:29:34  <andythenorth> Alberth: that is some ugly map gen :)
10:29:39  <andythenorth> boggles my eyes
10:30:04  <Alberth> what's worse, there is no room for ships to pass between the islands :)
10:31:08  <Alberth> needs digging
10:34:38  <Alberth> I take it that ship prices are still wip?
10:41:09  <TrueBrain> r3333! Almost there or something :D
10:42:43  <andythenorth> Alberth: very WIP
10:43:02  <Alberth> andy, bow of small tanker seems to change shape from - to /
10:43:12  <Alberth> latter looks much more round
10:44:54  <Alberth> (going to the right, ie  -> to /^
10:48:58  <andythenorth> let's test
10:50:13  <andythenorth> it looks like it is sharp in – then blunt in / ?
10:54:37  <Alberth> yes
10:54:42  *** frosch123 has joined #openttd
10:54:49  <Alberth> hola
10:55:55  <Alberth> blunt version is not bad, it's different from many other ships :)
10:56:25  <andythenorth> the – sprite is modfiied from old
10:56:30  <andythenorth> the / is drawn new
10:56:42  <andythenorth> the – should be changed
10:56:54  * andythenorth makes note
10:57:46  <andythenorth> also covered hopper barge
10:57:51  <andythenorth> v0.0.1
10:58:27  <Alberth> ha :)
10:58:54  <Alberth> drop the last stair to the top floor?
10:58:59  <andythenorth> follows
11:00:16  <Alberth> not sure the barge works, I can't quite decide where the top is
11:00:33  <Alberth> of the tank, that is
11:00:48  <frosch123> moi
11:01:13  <andythenorth> Alberth: yeah it sucks at the moment
11:01:22  <Alberth> the big deck at the pushing boat throws it off
11:02:15  <andythenorth> the RL edition is quite definitively triangular
11:02:24  <andythenorth> and has big walkway along top
11:03:14  <Alberth> oh, you had another one :)
11:03:37  <Alberth> pushing boat looks like an medieval castle tower :)
11:04:51  <nielsm> which of these is preferable?
11:06:08  <andythenorth> in – angle, triangle roof is very hard to show :P
11:06:10  <frosch123> the first one
11:06:18  <andythenorth> and in / \ views, triangle is PITA :)
11:06:56  <Alberth> I can imagine
11:07:08  <andythenorth> maybe I flat-top it
11:07:29  <andythenorth> two rows of cargo filling hatches
11:07:35  <nielsm> frosch123 thanks
11:08:29  <Alberth> I'd write it as a for-loop, I think
11:08:52  <frosch123> also sounds good
11:09:04  <nielsm> Alberth well yes but it gets annoying since it's big endian so you have to write it "in reverse"
11:09:17  <TrueBrain> almost r5000 .. that is not too bad ..  4000 per hour
11:09:28  <nielsm> big endian 7 bit per byte, MIDI is wonderful
11:09:41  <andythenorth> hmm
11:09:44  <andythenorth> new ship newgrf
11:09:48  <andythenorth> NewWaterFeatures? o_O
11:10:06  <Alberth> always decode 4 bytes, and keep track of the first non-0 byte
11:10:48  <Alberth> writing in reverse is perhaps simpler
11:11:18  * andythenorth looks for the water pony list
11:11:18  <Alberth> hmm, keeping track of the last non-0 perhaps
11:11:36  <andythenorth>
11:15:54  <TrueBrain> FlySpray allows a "reported version" of another project to exist ....
11:16:02  <TrueBrain> serious, FlySpray database schema is a piece of .....
11:16:44  <Alberth> we should split openttd in lots of small modules!
11:20:59  <nielsm> okay time to get the baseset file handling hacks I've made cleaned up
11:21:35  <nielsm> need some advice on what to do about the .obm files that will need to specify either straight .mid files, or point into .cat files
11:21:42  <nielsm> what I have for the .obm format right now:
11:22:12  <nielsm> orig_win.obm is slightly modified from the one in the game right now, only added the [timingtrim] section
11:22:31  <nielsm> orig_dos.obm is my suggestion for how to handle the .cat file music without needing a wholly different format
11:23:25  <Alberth>  <-- big endian writing example, very untested :)
11:24:03  <Alberth> why not make a section for each file?
11:25:07  <Alberth> would be simpler to extend to more files
11:25:35  <nielsm> I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but this was what I could come up with that doesn't break the entire baseset infrastructure already in place
11:26:20  <TrueBrain> cool .. FlySpray has tasks that are opened by nobody! :D
11:27:06  <Alberth> no idea what infrastructure that is, but you're writing code to load the file, right? couldn't it just load it in the existing infra structure?
11:27:20  <Alberth> secret FS tasks!
11:27:32  <Alberth> could be easter eggs :p
11:27:45  <nielsm> Alberth the problem is that the existing code assumes that each music track is a separate physical file, which is true for the original music from the Windows version of TTD
11:27:54  <nielsm> but the DOS version has all the music packed into a single .CAT file
11:29:14  <Alberth> and?   how does that prevent ordering data about one entry in one section?
11:29:16  <Eddi|zuHause> can't you add a layer that treats the .cat file like a directory, like .tar files?
11:30:14  <Alberth> [old1] name=...; md5=...; title=...     much simpler and more extensible imho
11:30:38  <nielsm> Alberth yeah then every single other baseset file (defining graphics etc) would also have to be changed ;)
11:30:54  <Alberth> why?
11:30:54  <nielsm> and invalidate existing basesets on bananas
11:31:13  <Alberth> I am just moving the same information around
11:31:17  <nielsm> unless there were two separate code paths reading old format or new format
11:32:03  <Alberth> separate section for the information does not automatically imply change in data format of the storage, imho
11:32:57  <Alberth> If I split a shopping list to 2 pieces of paper, you don't have to go to different shops by definition
11:34:52  <TrueBrain> lol, currently the import is busywith something called MiniIN .. that is a long long time ago, holy crap :D
11:35:14  <Eddi|zuHause> those were the good times :p
11:35:39  <LordAro> haha
11:36:06  <Eddi|zuHause> MiniIN was born when the old PBS code was removed from trunk
11:37:29  <TrueBrain> and I can now fetch all the needed data from FlySpray .. next step, uploading it to GitHub :D
11:37:34  <TrueBrain> first some lunch ..
11:38:01  <Eddi|zuHause> and i need to go outside and drive through the snow... but i really don't want to... :/
11:38:23  <Alberth> game stops me from breaking the "ships only" rule, by not having trucks or trains at the current year :)
11:43:57  <andythenorth> Eddi|zuHause: deliveroo? :P
11:44:07  <andythenorth> or is it more than just getting food?
11:44:30  <Eddi|zuHause> no, extended family gathering
11:45:25  *** gelignite has quit IRC
11:53:05  *** Lejving_ has quit IRC
11:53:26  *** keoz has joined #openttd
12:03:22  * andythenorth might learn how to pipenv
12:03:40  <andythenorth> if it's good, we could maybe wrap nml in it
12:09:38  *** synchris has quit IRC
12:10:50  *** synchris has joined #openttd
12:33:19  <TrueBrain> r9000 .. 1/3rd or so there .. and it is still running :D w00p!
12:35:03  <Rubidium> but will it fail around r10k?
12:35:57  <TrueBrain> I wonder that myself too
12:36:18  <TrueBrain> the GitHub import for sure fails on our svn layout .. I am guessing the missing commits really fucked them over :P
12:36:29  *** Wormnest has joined #openttd
12:40:46  *** Gja has joined #openttd
12:45:09  <TrueBrain> awh, because OpenTTD is now an Organization, I cannot use it as Users to create the tickets via
12:45:23  <TrueBrain> so I need to create a new account I guess to do so ..
12:45:52  <TrueBrain> I guess DorpsGek is expanding his horizon :P
12:45:58  <LordAro> :D
12:54:40  <Alberth> dorpsgek goes github!
12:55:20  *** HerzogDeXtEr has joined #openttd
12:55:51  <TrueBrain> I called it OpenTTD-Bot .. I am getting old :(
12:57:30  <LordAro> butbut.. dorpsgek
12:57:37  <LordAro> doesn't appear to be taken
12:57:50  <TrueBrain> having tickets created by "DorpsGek" might not be very verbose for anyone, I guess
12:58:05  <LordAro> eh
12:58:16  <TrueBrain> then again ...
12:58:22  <TrueBrain> BaNaNaS is neither :D
12:58:29  <LordAro> the google code importer did it by just tagging the issues as imported
12:59:25  *** dvim has quit IRC
12:59:36  <TrueBrain> its done! DorpsGek his name is
12:59:43  <LordAro> \o/
13:00:12  <TrueBrain> it is possible with that I broke the SVN -> GitHub link we currently have, but fuck that :P
13:00:22  <TrueBrain> that "should" work via a deploy-key
13:00:47  <TrueBrain> oeh, r10150 .. so the import doesnt care about missing revisions :D
13:01:04  <LordAro> yay
13:01:31  <TrueBrain> this might not be the most bandwidth efficient method .. I am doing the import on my home machine :D
13:03:09  <LordAro> there can't be that much data
13:07:20  <TrueBrain> subversion? 30k commits?
13:07:43  <LordAro> or rather, it can't be that much all at once that it's bandwidth limited
13:07:50  <TrueBrain> hmm .. when creating an issue on GitHub I get a 404 back, with the message: Not Found, and the link to the documentation ...
13:08:14  <TrueBrain> lot of IO I notice
13:08:18  <TrueBrain> it is just plainfully slow :P
13:15:57  *** tokai|noir has joined #openttd
13:15:57  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v tokai|noir
13:17:13  <TrueBrain> totally puzzled why I cannot create an issue on github ..
13:18:31  <TrueBrain> ah, token didnt have enough permissions
13:19:16  <andythenorth>
13:20:04  <TrueBrain> For 'links/0/schema', nil is not an object
13:20:05  <TrueBrain> lol @ error
13:20:21  <LordAro> well it's not wrong
13:21:00  <Alberth> much better andy
13:21:12  <TrueBrain>
13:21:15  <TrueBrain> and now the fiddle starts :)
13:21:34  <TrueBrain> owh, and it emails me when DorpsGek makes an issue .. ugh .. that is a lot of spam :P
13:21:40  <LordAro> haha
13:21:50  <LordAro> you can probably disable the emails somewhere
13:21:59  <Alberth> disable notification by email :)
13:22:07  <LordAro> also, presumably that issue should be closed
13:22:39  <TrueBrain> yes, comments and closing is yet-to-be-done
13:22:41  *** tokai has quit IRC
13:24:29  <TrueBrain> reload if you had it loaded; suggestions to make the content more clear?
13:24:57  <nielsm> okay think I've settled on doing the baseset music with catfile support like this:
13:25:43  <nielsm> doesn't affect the MD5File type or any other handling related to that at all then
13:26:03  <nielsm> only MusicSet and other directly music-related code needs to change now
13:29:44  <andythenorth> TrueBrain: do another comment, more complicated content? o_O
13:30:12  <TrueBrain> I want to get the basics done first, but I will do in a bit
13:36:37  <TrueBrain> I wonder if I should make the 'category' a label instead .. not sure how consistent they are used in FlySpray
13:37:22  *** supermop has joined #openttd
13:39:29  <andythenorth> I went through 800 bugs in 2017
13:39:37  <andythenorth> I'd say the category doesn't add much
13:40:06  <andythenorth> to make sense of issues, I rewrote titles :P
13:40:10  <andythenorth> seemed easier
13:49:48  *** SeraphAngel has joined #openttd
13:50:45  <TrueBrain>
13:50:49  <TrueBrain> better?
13:53:55  <LordAro> not sure the "Information" header is needed
13:54:18  <TrueBrain> agreed, will remove
13:55:04  <TrueBrain> I wonder if this is also triggering emails in info@ mailbox :D
13:56:09  <frosch123> maybe put the author of the message above their comments
13:56:47  <frosch123> like "Darkvater [2015-12-21 14:41]:\nCH_LAST tells..."
13:58:14  *** Wacko1976 has quit IRC
13:59:02  <TrueBrain>
13:59:10  <Alberth> suggestion label would be useful, imho
13:59:52  <TrueBrain> suggestion label?
14:00:02  <LordAro> i think i preferred the comment by/at headers
14:00:07  <frosch123> currently it only has "flyspray" label
14:00:19  <LordAro> maybe "Comment by: Bjarni, 08 Decem..."
14:00:27  <frosch123> category and issue type could be labels
14:00:47  <LordAro> ^ can't hurt, even if they are a bit useless
14:01:02  <Alberth> oh "Feature Request" it's called
14:01:10  <TrueBrain>
14:01:53  <LordAro> still needs something separating the "header"
14:01:58  <LordAro> maybe just bolding it would do?
14:02:07  <TrueBrain> "header" ?
14:02:15  <Alberth> s/@/at/   but seems ok
14:02:17  <TrueBrain> I think this way of author @ date is nice
14:02:36  <TrueBrain> @->at, sure
14:02:46  <TrueBrain> and labels .. hmm .. will check in a bit
14:02:47  <LordAro> the author bit
14:03:54  <TrueBrain>
14:03:57  <TrueBrain> also with labels
14:04:18  <Alberth> Reason to close: Implemented    ?
14:04:29  <LordAro> i like it :)
14:04:44  <TrueBrain> at -> on
14:05:50  <TrueBrain> Alberth: reload, like this?
14:06:15  <Alberth> looks good
14:06:18  <TrueBrain> I like I could keep the links to attachments :D
14:06:42  <LordAro> shame it wasn't actually an attachment :p
14:06:55  <TrueBrain> ?
14:07:07  <TrueBrain> owh
14:07:08  <TrueBrain> there
14:07:10  <TrueBrain> yeah
14:07:12  <TrueBrain> stupid people being stupid :)
14:07:22  <TrueBrain> I can only keep things working for which I am in control :D
14:07:33  <Alberth> :D
14:07:38  <TrueBrain> Q: I use the username here now; should I add the full name of people?
14:07:41  <TrueBrain> (like FlySpray does)
14:07:59  <Alberth> github username would be another option
14:08:09  <TrueBrain> I don't have them for all our users, sorry :)
14:08:39  <Alberth> I'd leave it at a nick
14:08:50  <frosch123> i only ever use the nicks
14:09:19  <TrueBrain> FlySpray label good enough, or should it read: Imported from FlySpray or something?
14:09:38  <TrueBrain> I need to wait for glx to get here before I import more .. he needs to unwatch the project :P
14:09:39  <frosch123> it's only for filtering, so good enough
14:09:40  <LordAro> it'd be good if they were labels that can be reused later
14:09:53  <TrueBrain> FlySpray should never be reused silly :P
14:10:06  <TrueBrain> the other labels .. *shrug* .. that will work itself out
14:10:11  <LordAro> well, yes :p
14:10:26  <TrueBrain> okay, some more tweaks ..
14:10:33  <TrueBrain>
14:10:46  <TrueBrain> please also do a grammer check etc :D
14:10:55  <TrueBrain> I am not retroactively going to fix 7000 tickets :P
14:11:13  <LordAro> "Reason for closing"
14:11:59  <TrueBrain> now I need to find a way to waste issue-number, to fill the holes that exist :D
14:12:07  <TrueBrain> (to keep the FS numbers in sequence)
14:12:12  <LordAro> "Category" is a bit redundant if using labels
14:12:31  <TrueBrain> so is the first line of the ticket, in that case
14:12:38  <TrueBrain> reload
14:12:55  <TrueBrain> anything else?
14:13:26  <frosch123> <- should be use some of the default labels?
14:13:38  <TrueBrain> how?
14:13:38  <frosch123> like "feature request" -> "nhancement"?
14:13:49  <TrueBrain> I can make a mapping for the task types
14:14:00  <Alberth> Bjarni opened FlySpray ticket #3 on 28 November ...   ?
14:14:27  <LordAro> probably no way to automatically apply "invalid" to the relevant ones, right?
14:14:37  <LordAro> or duplicate
14:14:46  <frosch123> there are close reasons "invalid" and "duplicate"
14:14:47  <Alberth> add empty line before the first line of text
14:14:52  <TrueBrain> Alberth: good one
14:15:29  <frosch123> also possibly "xxx closed ticket on" and "reason of closing" should be in this order
14:15:53  <Alberth> could move the import message also to the top then
14:16:10  <TrueBrain> would that really be better?
14:16:15  <frosch123> that does not work if people add new comments
14:16:32  <frosch123> not all tasks are readonly archives
14:16:44  <Alberth> I mean   <FlySpray ticket #3>  a link
14:17:02  <TrueBrain> I quiet like the link at the bottom, just so everyone knows it was imported
14:17:09  <Alberth> ok
14:17:10  <TrueBrain> (well, not the link, more the text that comes with it)
14:17:37  <frosch123> yes, bottom is fine for that
14:17:52  <Alberth> comment 48 messes up the + and -
14:17:57  <TrueBrain> and I think if the numbers are in sync, we dont even have to mention it was original opened in FlySpray :D
14:18:06  <TrueBrain> yeah .. it was already a bit silly in FS :D
14:18:16  <TrueBrain> I can put a code block around all comments, but that looks bad in 90% of the cases
14:18:29  <TrueBrain> I guess the goal should not be to have every comment perfectly correct :D
14:19:19  <Alberth> I agree, doesn't look feasible to solve this in a simple manner
14:20:31  <TrueBrain> I also not going to make PRs out of patches btw :P
14:21:00  <frosch123> you can escape stuff
14:21:05  <frosch123>  \- and \+
14:21:13  <Alberth> how do we keep patches available?
14:21:13  <frosch123>  \*
14:21:36  <Alberth> link to FS means it can't die :p
14:21:41  <TrueBrain> frosch123: but in some cases people wanted a list :)
14:21:51  <frosch123> :)
14:21:53  <TrueBrain> Alberth: FS will remain available as a read-only archive, I guess
14:22:30  <TrueBrain> does GitHub allow file-upload btw?
14:22:30  <Alberth> bunch of files available from http, sounds good enough
14:22:35  <TrueBrain> or how are we going to do core-dumps?
14:22:51  <TrueBrain> Alberth: yup; I am going to crawl it when it is migrated, and publish that :)
14:23:56  <LordAro> github has very limited file uploads, last i checked
14:24:14  <LordAro>
14:24:35  <TrueBrain> so we might need something for people to upload their crash dumps etc
14:28:46  <TrueBrain> okay, made a lookup that maps the FS stuff to GH labels as much as possible
14:28:50  <TrueBrain> lets see how the latest now looks :D
14:30:34  <Alberth> empty line after the header?
14:32:18  <TrueBrain> still unsure if Category should be a label, but we will see how that goes :)
14:32:39  <TrueBrain>
14:33:58  <TrueBrain> <- lol .. I did something worng I think :D
14:34:01  <Alberth> more likely, our categories are a bit obsolete
14:34:18  <LordAro> finotwx
14:34:44  <TrueBrain> check bottom LordAro, much more fun :)
14:34:58  <LordAro> :p
14:35:04  <TrueBrain> let me fix this :D
14:35:19  <TrueBrain>
14:35:44  <TrueBrain> example how Out of date maps to "wontfix"
14:36:08  <TrueBrain> lets try something more recent now ..
14:36:26  <TrueBrain>
14:36:42  <TrueBrain> any other suggestions/comments/changes?
14:37:13  <LordAro> be nice if FS# could be converted to links
14:37:26  <LordAro> not sure if that should be GH links or FS links
14:37:27  <TrueBrain> I think it will
14:37:39  <TrueBrain> once I import them in the right order, I think it will be fine :)
14:38:16  <TrueBrain> hmm, no, FS#something never resolves to the GH
14:38:35  <TrueBrain> I am a bit reluctant to rewrite comment bodies
14:38:41  <TrueBrain> that is a bit of an endless pit to fall into
14:39:13  <LordAro> yeah
14:39:19  <Alberth> FS #123  should work
14:39:44  <Alberth> unless you mean the number itself
14:39:51  <TrueBrain> but most of us write FS#123
14:39:56  <TrueBrain> which won't work
14:40:25  <Alberth> it won't indeed
14:40:37  <TrueBrain> also not from commit messages, which is a bit sad
14:40:48  <TrueBrain> but rewriting those things ... is .. well .. slippery slope :)
14:41:00  <Alberth> ah well, if #123  is the right destination, you have most of the battle done
14:41:16  <TrueBrain> indeed; I think we just have to accept it :)
14:41:27  <TrueBrain> r14433 ... 50% there?
14:42:13  <Alberth> should be :)
14:52:07  <TrueBrain> out of the 6684 FS issues, only 180 are not in scope of the migration
14:52:10  <TrueBrain> that is not bad :)
14:52:20  <TrueBrain> (means I just have to make 180 dummy issues)
14:53:22  <LordAro> why are they not in scope?
14:53:28  <LordAro> oh, website issues and such?
14:53:31  <TrueBrain> yes
14:53:33  <TrueBrain> WT2
14:53:34  <TrueBrain> WT3
14:53:36  <TrueBrain> those
14:53:45  <TrueBrain> even a few private ones
14:53:49  <TrueBrain> (read: spam)
14:54:13  <TrueBrain> okay, I just have to wait for glx to unwatch the project, and then I can give this a spin
14:54:22  <TrueBrain> I wonder if this will hit a protection at GitHub
14:54:30  <TrueBrain> as creating 7000 tickets might be a bit too much
14:54:32  <TrueBrain> but we will see :P
14:55:00  *** Flygon has quit IRC
14:56:06  <TrueBrain> in the meantime, lets see if I can push my partial import
15:01:39  <frosch123> why do only some labels show in the column on the right?
15:01:56  <frosch123> TrueBrain: what is actually the goal of the new svn import?
15:02:07  <frosch123> i consider it rather important to keep the hashes of the existing git repo
15:02:49  <LordAro> why so? anything that's based off the existing one can be easily rebased
15:03:38  <nielsm> it might be a problem for existing forks hosted on github
15:04:04  <LordAro> they have to be rebased whenever trunk gets updated anyway
15:04:26  <frosch123> well, i never tried a rebase with skipping 30k commits :p
15:05:03  <LordAro> skipping 30k commits? rebase doesn't care for anything except the top
15:05:04  <TrueBrain> frosch123: some labels? What do you mean?
15:05:20  <TrueBrain> frosch123: the current gitrepo on github is ONLY trunk; it does not contain any of the release branches
15:05:20  <nielsm> if the destinations look identical when checked out, a rebase should work flawlessly
15:05:28  <nielsm> regardless of history leading up to it
15:05:31  <frosch123> <- i only see 3 labels on the right, for exmaple "wontfix" is missing
15:05:44  <TrueBrain> frosch123: yes; I fucked that one up :D See 13
15:05:54  <TrueBrain> it used to be 7 labels, w, o, n, t, f, i, x
15:05:55  <TrueBrain> :P
15:05:59  <TrueBrain> but I removed the labels by now
15:06:02  <TrueBrain> you are just too slow :D
15:06:09  <frosch123> ok :)
15:07:50  <TrueBrain> uploading the first test now .. hopefully that makes a bit more clear why this reimport is needed
15:08:51  <TrueBrain> I love my new internet connection .. it makes these things very quick :D
15:09:30  <TrueBrain> there we go
15:09:40  <TrueBrain>
15:09:49  <TrueBrain> frosch123: on this repo now everything works .. tags, release branches, etc
15:10:01  <TrueBrain> please check if any of you spot anything weird
15:10:20  <TrueBrain> it still has 8 years of data to process, but meh :)
15:11:08  <TrueBrain> I love how the "releases" tab works too :D
15:11:15  <andythenorth> bonus points: map usernames in FS tasks to github usernames :P
15:11:19  <andythenorth> via a mapping of known names :PP
15:11:42  <TrueBrain> let me answer that in very clear terms: no
15:11:44  <TrueBrain> :)
15:11:59  <TrueBrain> as you cannot change it once imported, that is just confusing :)
15:13:11  <frosch123> well, new branches is fine
15:13:13  <Alberth> piece good carrier seems fine for rubber transport :)
15:13:17  <frosch123> but why make master different?
15:13:28  <frosch123> i see no reason why to use new hashes for master
15:13:32  <TrueBrain> frosch123: because there is no way to add branches after-the-fact
15:13:32  <andythenorth> Alberth: doesn't show much cargo ;)
15:13:44  <andythenorth> I might put visible cargo on top of the piece goods ships
15:13:49  <TrueBrain> frosch123: feel free to try an import yourself where you get both tags and branches, while keeping the hashes of master
15:13:55  <TrueBrain> I do not see a viable solution
15:13:58  <Alberth> some vehicles and such :)
15:14:02  <TrueBrain> and I strongly doubt a rebase is going to give any issues :)
15:14:09  <TrueBrain> (as the content is identical)
15:14:22  <frosch123> why is it not possible? it would be like taking current git, and then rebasing the new branches on whatever revision they were forked from
15:14:28  <Alberth> isn't the first hash based on the uuid of the repo?
15:14:34  <TrueBrain> svn works a bit different and annoying
15:14:40  <TrueBrain> tools completely fail on it
15:14:45  <TrueBrain> mostly because we abused svn over the years :D
15:14:49  <LordAro> heh
15:15:12  <LordAro> C++ merge?
15:15:14  <frosch123> noai merge?
15:15:26  <frosch123> oh, indeed c++ switch
15:15:30  <frosch123> noai was a year later
15:15:49  <TrueBrain> frosch123: basically, the current git on GitHub was never meant for this ..
15:16:05  <frosch123> i visually see no difference between the two masters
15:16:08  <frosch123> except the hashes
15:16:12  <Alberth> removal of the old windows system?
15:16:38  <TrueBrain> frosch123: when the import is done, we can try rebasing one to the other
15:16:46  <TrueBrain> git is smart enough, that should be of little issue
15:17:36  <TrueBrain> but I am really happy GitHub picks up this git repo correctly now
15:17:50  <TrueBrain> I am sure someone will be bored sooner or later, and add all the binaries on GH too
15:17:52  <LordAro> hmm, not C++ branch
15:17:53  <TrueBrain> for older releases :P
15:19:16  <LordAro> TrueBrain: i notice lack of github links for KUDr, miham, Darkvater, celestar, orudge
15:19:31  <TrueBrain> LordAro: and what do you want ME to do about that?
15:19:38  <LordAro> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
15:19:58  <TrueBrain> (GitHub links accounts based on email address ;))
15:21:25  <LordAro> oh yeah, you just used as email, didn't you?
15:21:33  <TrueBrain> of course
15:21:45  <frosch123> LordAro: same as before
15:21:45  <LordAro> ok, carry on
15:22:10  <TrueBrain> it is up to every developer to claim it at GH :) Not going to do that for them ;)
15:24:27  <TrueBrain> btw, frosch123, most likely the best thing to do, is rename the current repo to something else, and create a new one with everything in it
15:24:33  <TrueBrain> that way we break no forks etc
15:26:57  <TrueBrain> btw, just to be clear: DO NOT USE OpenTTD-Testing! It will be removed :D
15:26:59  <frosch123> i still have no idea why the hashes are even different
15:27:18  <TrueBrain> no clue
15:27:31  <TrueBrain> data is now being converted differently
15:27:34  <TrueBrain> might be related?
15:27:40  <TrueBrain> (it now follows parents)
15:27:41  <nielsm> because the hashes also include ancestor information, likely
15:27:52  <nielsm> and if you're hooking up ancestors correctly then yes they will be different
15:28:37  <TrueBrain> frosch123: I think merges from branches back into trunk are different
15:28:39  <frosch123> oh, it's from the branch merges
15:28:42  <TrueBrain> :D
15:28:52  <frosch123> ok, that makes sense at least :)
15:29:24  <TrueBrain> the history should be more correct with this new import, in relation to branches
15:29:36  <TrueBrain> the old one I think acted like the commits were on the trunk
15:29:39  <TrueBrain> where they were on a branch
15:36:43  <nielsm> by the way I read somewhere on the wiki that svn had been kept as the primary repos because it provides the simple monotonous revision number, which is useful for various versioning things
15:36:51  <nielsm> how are those issues going to be handled now?
15:37:09  <frosch123> they are dropped because of no longer relevant
15:38:11  <frosch123> i think i'll change the version detection script to include a date into the version information
15:38:11  <TrueBrain> we made up tons of reasons why we wanted a single number going upwards for every new version
15:38:14  <TrueBrain> but that is so 2008
15:38:54  <TrueBrain> I cannot think of a single thing that needs a linear number these days ..
15:38:59  <TrueBrain> network just wants the same value
15:39:03  <TrueBrain> savegames have their own revision
15:39:07  <TrueBrain> newgrf?
15:39:07  <frosch123> nielsm: for example bananas content and newgrf can say they require a certain version, like 15.x, but they can also say they need unreleased version > r12345
15:39:17  <frosch123> but noone really used the latter correctly
15:39:25  <TrueBrain> for good reason :P
15:39:46  <TrueBrain> 20180317-g<hash> sounds like a good value tbh :P
15:39:49  <nielsm> you'd really need a list of "features" a newgrf requires instead
15:40:04  <nielsm> (possibly versioned features)
15:40:06  <frosch123> yes, something like that
15:40:16  <frosch123> jgr has just that for savegames
15:40:28  <frosch123> LordAro: btw. are you involved in jgr's c++11 branch?
15:40:45  <LordAro> nop
15:41:41  <nielsm> okay snow-filled clouds seem to have left the sky for a moment, I should go outside and get a bit of sunlight
15:45:27  <Alberth> /me likes a number incrementing on each commit :p
15:46:35  <frosch123> suggest a like button to github?
15:46:47  <TrueBrain> Alberth: git describe does that fine for you :D
15:49:51  <nielsm> actually _never_mind_, too windy outside to enjoy a walk
15:50:11  <andythenorth> can we move provide git on devzone next? o_O
15:50:24  <andythenorth> - move
15:53:41  <frosch123> make a docker compile farm for it :p
16:04:02  <frosch123> would eints users want to put in their email to be linked from github?
16:07:46  *** supermop has quit IRC
16:14:29  *** iSoSyS has quit IRC
16:16:32  *** sla_ro|master has joined #openttd
16:22:34  <Alberth> no way to verify such an address
16:29:43  *** Wacko1976 has joined #openttd
16:30:57  * andythenorth cleans house
16:39:59  *** Wormnest_ has joined #openttd
16:45:37  *** Wormnest__ has joined #openttd
16:46:21  *** Wormnest has quit IRC
16:52:26  *** Wormnest_ has quit IRC
16:56:06  *** Wormnest_ has joined #openttd
17:02:56  *** Wormnest__ has quit IRC
17:03:15  <andythenorth> hmm
17:03:21  <andythenorth> I broke Hog on bundles :|
17:03:46  <andythenorth> is rhodecode stuck again or something?
17:05:15  <frosch123> i just restarted it 2 minutes ago
17:05:46  <andythenorth> ok builds have triggered again
17:05:50  <andythenorth> see if they complete
17:06:25  <frosch123> sam is happy
17:06:49  <andythenorth> thanks
17:07:23  <andythenorth> so what will new OpenTTD compile farm look like LordAro ?
17:07:41  <andythenorth> and will it compile python jobs?
17:07:43  <andythenorth> :P
17:08:44  *** Cubey has joined #openttd
17:17:05  <LordAro> andythenorth: idk, ask TB
17:17:14  <LordAro> magical, i hope
17:17:38  *** Mahjong2 has joined #openttd
17:18:14  <LordAro> given it's just a load of docker instances, i don't see why not
17:19:30  <andythenorth> I think coop devzone is probably time to declare end-of-life
17:19:43  <andythenorth> it's not interesting for anyone to maintain
17:22:04  *** keoz has quit IRC
17:25:06  *** Mahjong1 has quit IRC
17:26:33  <andythenorth> hmm
17:28:42  <andythenorth> so my newgrfs support randomising sprites per vehicle
17:28:52  <andythenorth> it's only actually used for:
17:29:10  <andythenorth> 1) swapping 1CC and 2CC randomly
17:29:18  <andythenorth> 2) reversing tank engines randomly
17:29:29  *** Gja has quit IRC
17:29:53  <andythenorth> it was used to make, e.g. quite different looking graphics for same ship model
17:30:01  <andythenorth> e.g. house at back, house in middle etc
17:30:11  <andythenorth> was BAD FEATURE I think
17:30:18  <andythenorth> might delete
17:33:59  <frosch123> randomising is for when you have more graphics than models
17:34:06  <frosch123> which is likely best for train wagons
17:34:16  <frosch123> but less useful for engines
17:34:23  <frosch123> ships may count as engines
17:35:20  <andythenorth> it even had date-specific code :P
17:35:34  <andythenorth> so could randomise 6 different appearances for the lifetime of a vehicle
17:35:47  <andythenorth> I keep some random, just don't need all this complication
17:38:13  *** Biolunar has quit IRC
17:40:48  <Alberth> some sets do change appearance which can be nice
17:40:57  <Alberth> opengfx+ does, iirc
17:41:40  <Alberth> but likely should be used sparingly :)
17:47:24  <andythenorth> livery can randomise
17:47:30  <andythenorth> visible cargo can randomise
17:47:37  <andythenorth> and asymmetric engines can be reversed
17:47:42  <andythenorth> rest...nah :)
17:59:59  *** Gja has joined #openttd
18:00:28  <TrueBrain> r22500! ALMOST! (well, not really, but well)
18:05:33  <nielsm> looking forward to trying out a rebase
18:20:20  *** glx has joined #openttd
18:20:20  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v glx
18:20:50  <TrueBrain> hi glx; sorry for the spam :(
18:21:50  <andythenorth> oops, I annoyed pyflakes
18:23:07  *** roidal has joined #openttd
18:23:46  <glx> TrueBrain: it's ok, my github is correctly configured ;)
18:24:22  <glx> so I just received the repo creation email
18:24:27  <TrueBrain> I am about to create 7000 issues :) but I was waiting for you, to see if you either want to unwatch OpenTTD-Testing, or disable notifications :D
18:24:31  <TrueBrain> good
18:25:53  <andythenorth> I have unused imports, that I think are valid
18:26:00  <andythenorth> but pyflakes doesn't :(
18:26:09  <andythenorth> now I have to rewrite my codebase to please the validator :(
18:32:43  *** Lejving has joined #openttd
18:34:09  <TrueBrain> okay ... lets import a lot of issues then :D Curious how that goes ...
18:36:08  *** JetFly has joined #openttd
18:36:18  <JetFly> hello
18:36:21  <andythenorth> GL TrueBrain
18:36:51  <LordAro> seems placeholder issues don't get closed :p
18:37:53  <andythenorth> Alberth: which of these is least stupid? (both are stupid)
18:37:55  <andythenorth> 1.
18:38:01  <andythenorth> 2.
18:38:36  <Alberth> let's see
18:38:38  <LordAro> i'd probably say the latter
18:38:53  <LordAro> implicitly adding stuff to scope gets scary quickly
18:39:04  <andythenorth> it scales badly
18:39:16  <andythenorth> I know why pyflakes is tripping on it
18:39:54  <Alberth> yeah, explicit is better than implicit
18:40:19  <Alberth> why don't you collect things here?
18:40:40  <TrueBrain> haha, I hit the rate limiter :D
18:40:57  <frosch123> what rate does it limit to?
18:42:20  <Alberth> or why is dropping the import bad?
18:42:39  <andythenorth> it's used as a convenience
18:42:47  <andythenorth> Polar Fox is a shared library across 3 newgrfs
18:42:49  <TrueBrain> and nothing explains to me what the rate limit is :(
18:43:07  <TrueBrain> it just says that I hit the "abuse rate limits", but I did stay below the "rate limit"
18:43:09  <TrueBrain> wtffff
18:43:09  *** iSoSyS has joined #openttd
18:43:12  <andythenorth> Polar Fox unwisely but conveniently extends 'global_constants'
18:43:23  <andythenorth> so there's no need to change the existing grf codebases
18:43:30  <LordAro> ?
18:43:59  <TrueBrain> yes, I did not hit those limits
18:44:03  <TrueBrain> (5000 per hour, I mean ..)
18:44:09  <TrueBrain> but there is another "abuse rate limit"
18:45:16  <TrueBrain> lets add a sleep(1)
18:45:31  <Alberth> does no such thing, it seems
18:45:55  <Alberth> also, did you ever consider writing that data as a yaml file?
18:45:58  <andythenorth> I did
18:46:04  <andythenorth> but I went down this road before
18:46:08  <andythenorth> with .cfg files
18:46:12  <andythenorth> and I considered json
18:46:17  <andythenorth> but pure python is just easier
18:46:38  <TrueBrain> lol @ issue 20 .. WHY YOU SO BOLD :D
18:46:51  <Alberth> more open to random hacking :p
18:47:02  <LordAro> TrueBrain: RRAHHH
18:47:59  <Alberth> but yeah, I've seen other pick python for that reason too
18:49:04  <TrueBrain> even with sleeps, I hit the abuse rate limit .. how can I do 5000 hits per hour, if you dont allow me 1 hit per second :(
18:49:10  <Alberth> another option is to ignore fyflakes
18:50:13  <Alberth> or add magic to say to pyflakes "I know unused imports are bad" :p
18:50:24  <andythenorth> those are also options
18:50:30  <andythenorth> I could pick a better validator :P
18:50:34  <Alberth> if such magic exists
18:50:36  <TrueBrain> frosch123: I created some more closed tickets; can you give it a looksy if that is what you expect?
18:50:39  <andythenorth> I can't make flake8 work for some reason
18:50:42  <TrueBrain> (and others too, if you like :D)
18:51:25  <TrueBrain> aligning the numbers seem to work fine :)
18:51:56  <frosch123> did you already set fs as readonly?
18:52:04  <TrueBrain> no
18:52:06  <TrueBrain> again, this is only testing
18:52:08  <TrueBrain> just dry-runs
18:52:12  <frosch123> ah, ok :)
18:52:24  <TrueBrain> going to wipe everything and start over once we agree this is all as we expect
18:53:36  <TrueBrain> still hitting the abuse rate limit .. seriously .. lol
18:54:50  <TrueBrain> please create this content "at a reasonable pace" ..
18:54:51  <TrueBrain> I WAS!
18:54:53  <TrueBrain> ffs :P
18:57:46  <TrueBrain> now takes ~10 seconds per ticket ... we have 7k ..
18:57:50  <TrueBrain> lol
18:58:25  *** Gja has quit IRC
19:04:01  <TrueBrain> and still hitting rate limits .. this is silly :P
19:10:19  *** Thedarkb has quit IRC
19:14:19  <TrueBrain> and the documentation is a lie .. ugh .. I understand why GitHub has these protections, but bah, it is annoying
19:16:14  <TrueBrain> nothing in the reply giving any hints when I can retry ... owh boy ..
19:17:48  *** supermop has joined #openttd
19:27:49  <TrueBrain> I send GitHub an email asking them what they want me to do :)
19:28:45  <TrueBrain> so we will have to wait for a reponse there
19:28:52  <TrueBrain> otherwise, from what I can tell, the import is looking very good
19:28:58  <TrueBrain> happy with the level of details we can import
19:30:20  <frosch123> is dorpsgek just a random to the project? or is it assigned to openttd somehow?
19:30:32  <TrueBrain> it is
19:30:45  <TrueBrain> (and owner of OpenTTD organization)
19:30:51  <frosch123> yes, but is there a setting in github to give users permissions
19:30:58  <frosch123> ok, "owner" sounds good
19:31:04  <TrueBrain> I assumed as much
19:31:11  <TrueBrain> it has no explicit rights into OpenTTD-Testing
19:31:23  <TrueBrain> don't expect it matters much tbh
19:31:30  <TrueBrain> I think this abuse rate limit is to prevent spam
19:32:22  <TrueBrain> yeah, GitHub sees DorpsGek as "owner"
19:32:28  <TrueBrain> (check any issue; it says right there :D)
19:33:55  <TrueBrain> good question btw; happy it is how I expected it to be :D
19:34:04  <frosch123> hmm, is the close reason missing?
19:34:12  <TrueBrain> if you see TrueBrain closing an issue
19:34:14  <TrueBrain> there is
19:34:19  <TrueBrain> as then the script halted
19:34:25  <frosch123> i see stuff like "fixed", but usually there is an add-on "in r12345"
19:34:40  <TrueBrain> if there is a close reason, it is added
19:34:47  <TrueBrain> so there is a resolution and a close reason
19:34:57  <TrueBrain> resolution is *almost* always there, close reason .. sometimes
19:35:03  <frosch123> oh, i see
19:35:10  <frosch123> it's added like a comment
19:35:11  <TrueBrain> depending on who did it, I guess
19:35:14  <TrueBrain> yes
19:35:25  <TrueBrain> is there a better way?
19:36:02  <frosch123> it's fine, i was just looking at an unusual case
19:36:13  <TrueBrain> k :)
19:36:58  <frosch123> 119 is the earlies issue i know properly :)
19:37:39  <frosch123> (like still knowing the number after 10 years)
19:38:13  *** Gja has joined #openttd
19:38:14  <LordAro> even i know what issue that is
19:38:36  <TrueBrain> you are getting old dude :P
19:38:42  <LordAro> :<
19:44:49  *** SeraphAngel has quit IRC
19:49:56  *** Thedarkb has joined #openttd
19:50:52  <nielsm> bah, trying to neatify my code history is so troublesome
19:51:04  <nielsm> should have made even more, smaller commits
19:51:16  <LordAro> :)
20:03:56  *** Thedarkb has quit IRC
20:19:17  *** gelignite has joined #openttd
20:20:13  *** Supercheese has joined #openttd
20:22:57  *** FLHerne has joined #openttd
20:36:32  *** SeraphAngel has joined #openttd
20:36:54  *** Supercheese has quit IRC
20:48:27  <Alberth> nielsm: my strategy is to have a fresh repo and your current work in two directories, and copy changes over from the current to the fresh
20:48:46  <Alberth> some diff/merge util usually works quite good
20:49:08  <Alberth> I use gvimdiff, but ymmv with that :)
20:50:42  <andythenorth> my strategy is to not worry about history :P
20:50:52  <andythenorth> my commits reveal the true carnage :P
20:50:54  <nielsm> yes that's also what I'm about to end up doing, manually playing back changes in a more sensible order
20:50:57  <LordAro> Alberth: ah, but some people can use git :p
20:51:47  <Alberth> some people are just too addicted :p
21:00:11  *** Alberth has left #openttd
21:21:24  *** sla_ro|master has quit IRC
21:27:42  <supermop> andythenorth: have you drawn cars as vehicle sprites?
21:28:03  <supermop> hoping i can skip drawing them
21:28:40  <andythenorth> nope
21:28:47  <andythenorth> snail has
21:28:50  <andythenorth> and some other set
21:29:02  <andythenorth> maybe one of the truck sets, Hungarian
21:29:17  <TrueBrain> oeh, git to svn is done .. let's publish this stuff :D
21:29:23  <LordAro> :o
21:30:00  <TrueBrain> 222k objects; lol
21:30:11  *** synchris has quit IRC
21:30:20  <LordAro> even with a fsck or something?
21:30:32  <TrueBrain> 91 MiB
21:30:34  <TrueBrain> not bad
21:30:40  <TrueBrain> 18k delta files
21:31:52  <supermop> can probably kitbash by trucks down to someting pick-up sized
21:31:57  <LordAro>
21:31:58  <supermop> *my
21:35:17  <TrueBrain> pushing now ... curious :)
21:36:38  <TrueBrain> it is done
21:36:46  <glx> that was fast
21:36:56  <debdog> Steppenwolf - The Pusher
21:37:22  <glx> 14K commits
21:37:37  <TrueBrain> my connection is not the bottleneck in this process :P
21:38:35  <TrueBrain> okay, everything seems to be how it should, as far as I can tell
21:38:40  <TrueBrain> I would like to ask you guys kindly to validate :)
21:38:43  <peter1138> what devious plan is truebrain up to?
21:39:39  * andythenorth clones
21:40:45  <andythenorth> classic
21:41:23  <peter1138> 2006 ;(
21:42:23  <TrueBrain> minus the Abuse Rate Limiter, I think this should be it-ish
21:42:44  <TrueBrain> frosch123: I will give it a week or so to give people the time to test and validate
21:42:52  <TrueBrain> I will run some tests myself too over the week
21:43:02  <TrueBrain> and I hope github gets back to me soon with a proper solution :D
21:43:33  <TrueBrain> for now I am running the import even slower
21:44:00  <TrueBrain> so please let me know any issues/problems/weird thing, or something you just would like to see different
21:44:28  <frosch123> thanks, will look :)
21:44:31  <andythenorth> :)
21:46:15  <TrueBrain> lol, SourceForge bug-numbers are coming by too :D
21:46:20  <TrueBrain> I forgot we once had a bug tracker there :P
21:47:10  <frosch123> at least we were not on geocities
21:47:12  <frosch123> were we? :p
21:47:38  <supermop>
21:47:53  <supermop> think that will fit on a truck
21:48:19  <supermop> still kind of tall
21:49:02  <TrueBrain> hmm .. maybe I should just map WIP to patch
21:49:07  <TrueBrain> as most seem to be just that .. patches
21:53:25  <andythenorth> supermop: truck on a truck
21:53:32  <frosch123> i think we discussed that last year
21:53:42  <frosch123> and made andy turn all patches into wips
21:54:00  <supermop> andy now to draw a little subaru
21:54:18  <TrueBrain> your #119 is imported btw
21:54:32  <TrueBrain> frosch123: so if I map them all to label 'patch', that is fine by you?
21:54:36  <TrueBrain> or you have a better label suggestion?
21:54:40  <TrueBrain> they should of course now become PRs
21:54:42  <frosch123> yes, "wip" is a stupid label :)
21:54:43  <TrueBrain> but .. that is tricky :)
21:55:14  <frosch123> in the early issues i also saw a lot of "wontfix" which were rather "invalid" ones
21:55:15  <glx> indeed patches should be PR
21:55:27  <TrueBrain> <- no spelling errors or anything? :D
21:55:34  <glx> but hard to do in the migration I guess
21:55:42  <TrueBrain> glx: near impossible :)
21:55:52  <TrueBrain> frosch123: you have examples? I can update the mapping :)
21:55:56  <supermop> the spoiler is hard
21:55:57  <frosch123> TrueBrain: also, there are some spam/scam tasks on fs which were maked private
21:56:09  <TrueBrain> frosch123: yup; I will skip those
21:56:17  <TrueBrain> already in there
21:57:37  <frosch123> huh what?... i did not know michi was the author of 119
21:57:55  <frosch123> the world is so small
21:58:32  <TrueBrain> and I hate the abuse filter again :)
21:59:17  <TrueBrain> let me see .. I map the following to wontfix: Won't fix, Deferred and Out of date
21:59:19  <supermop> these fit on carries easier
21:59:32  <supermop> can't fit 555 on side
21:59:34  <TrueBrain> invalid: Not a bug, Won't implement, Invalid, and Unreproducible
21:59:36  <frosch123> anyway, "out of date" and "deferred" seem to be mapped to "wontfix"
21:59:40  <frosch123> i would just give them no label
21:59:49  *** Gja has quit IRC
22:00:18  <TrueBrain> done; no longer will get a label
22:00:38  <supermop> i think the cars are too noisy
22:01:13  <TrueBrain> there is also the label 'external', basically all bugs closed because of unsupported custom version, custom AIs, NewGRFs, ..
22:01:37  <TrueBrain> okay .. at this rate I have the issues imported in 7 days
22:01:42  <TrueBrain> so I hope GitHub gets back to me :D
22:03:01  <frosch123> <- dorpsgek is not listed there
22:03:31  <TrueBrain> he is for me :)
22:03:35  <TrueBrain> (marked as Private)
22:03:47  <frosch123> ok, i did not bother logging in
22:04:02  <glx> I see it too ;)
22:04:19  <TrueBrain> frosch123: logging in wont help I think :P
22:04:28  <TrueBrain> glx, me and DorpsGek are owner of OpenTTD organization
22:04:33  <TrueBrain> I just put myself on Public
22:05:08  <TrueBrain> the whole Owners group is secret :D
22:06:26  <frosch123> yeah, they are busy eating dates
22:08:02  <TrueBrain> lets add frosch123 as owner too :P
22:08:17  <TrueBrain> sounds like the right thing to do :D
22:08:31  *** Wacko1976 has quit IRC
22:08:43  <TrueBrain> there is a team Developers, with write access to OpenTTD-Testing
22:08:50  <frosch123> i am still impressed that i got a green avatar
22:08:56  <TrueBrain> not sure that is needed .. I guess all devs can be owner of OpenTTD itself
22:09:14  <TrueBrain> then again .. they might do unexpected stuff ..
22:10:46  <LordAro> :o
22:11:17  <frosch123> yeah, imagine someone would give access to lordaro
22:11:17  <TrueBrain> owh well, enough fiddling around for today :) Pretty happy with the result so far :)
22:11:35  <LordAro> :o
22:11:41  <frosch123> suddenly everything would be c++20
22:11:48  <TrueBrain> no, we told everyone what would happen if they tried ...
22:11:55  <LordAro> haha
22:12:04  <LordAro> i don't even know what's going into C++20
22:12:13  <TrueBrain> well, a few have tried ... I mean ..
22:12:17  <TrueBrain> @seen Bjarni
22:12:17  <DorpsGek> TrueBrain: Bjarni was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 23 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes, and 10 seconds ago: <Bjarni> heh
22:12:21  <TrueBrain> nuff said :P
22:15:10  <frosch123> oh, my contributions doubled today
22:16:02  *** roidal has quit IRC
22:16:07  <frosch123> nrt is out of sync, then it would count it 3 times
22:20:55  <andythenorth> :P
22:21:06  <andythenorth> NRT won't merge cleanly currently
22:21:14  <andythenorth> I need to fix openttd.grf
22:21:23  <andythenorth> and saveload is also conflicting
22:22:18  <andythenorth> also very sleep
22:22:20  <andythenorth> bye
22:22:24  *** andythenorth has left #openttd
22:23:04  <TrueBrain> frosch123: changing to this new repo goes like this, at least, I found it easiest:
22:23:13  <TrueBrain> git remote add neworigin https:/...
22:23:19  <TrueBrain> git fetch neworigin
22:23:28  <TrueBrain> git rebase --onto neworigin/master origin/master <branchname>
22:23:52  <TrueBrain> this basically picks up the diff between origin/master and <branchname> and replays it on neworigin/master
22:24:06  <TrueBrain> without --onto, it will try to find the common parent .. which will take a while :D
22:29:32  <frosch123> ah, --onto :)
22:30:21  <TrueBrain> Hidden gems :)
22:30:37  <TrueBrain> hmm .. it is suggested that if you make a private repo, the abuse rate limits don't apply as they do currently
22:30:40  <TrueBrain> something to test tomorrow
22:33:10  <TrueBrain> it seems I either have to make the import script resumable, or we have to close both bug-trackers for a day or so .. hmmm
22:33:32  <TrueBrain> should not be too difficult to add resume
22:37:11  <TrueBrain> something to toy with tomorrow! nn!
22:37:46  *** iSoSyS has quit IRC
22:55:45  *** Wacko1976 has joined #openttd
23:00:36  *** JetFly|2 has joined #openttd
23:07:21  *** JetFly has quit IRC
23:11:48  *** gelignite has quit IRC
23:14:40  *** nielsm has quit IRC
23:19:30  *** Supercheese has joined #openttd
23:26:27  *** Wormnest_ has quit IRC
23:38:29  *** Biolunar has joined #openttd
23:46:15  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
23:54:28  *** SeraphAngel has quit IRC
23:54:47  *** SeraphAngel has joined #openttd

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk