Log for #openttd on 21st January 2019:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:02:09  <Samu> i think if the river would pathfind from start to finish it wouldn't be so cpu intensive, instead of pathfinding segments
00:02:16  <Samu> but
00:02:37  <Samu> would require river design change
00:02:49  <Samu> logic, rules or that
00:02:59  <Eddi|zuHause> peter1138: how about fixing eints to update the .ob? files?
00:05:40  <Samu> @calc (8 * 2 + 1) * (8 * 2 + 1) * 128
00:05:40  <DorpsGek> Samu: 36992
00:06:55  <Samu> you guys really like the circular tile search
00:07:09  <Samu> even if it repeats tiles
00:07:21  <peter1138> Because that's a workaround, not a solution.
00:09:55  *** nielsm has quit IRC
00:35:40  *** Progman has quit IRC
01:26:52  *** Gustavo6046 has quit IRC
01:27:09  *** Gustavo6046 has joined #openttd
01:28:38  *** Gustavo6046 has quit IRC
01:28:52  *** Gustavo6046 has joined #openttd
01:30:59  <Samu> I found a temporary solution to enforce rivers are connected from where it springs to sea level as the end.
01:31:35  <Samu> but that means, there are no more lakes, and that also means less rivers
01:32:34  <Samu> unless I increase the number of tries
01:32:49  <Samu> which would also make it take longer to generate a world
01:33:23  <Samu> brute forcing rivers to be created by doing more tries
01:46:52  *** Thedarkb-X40 has joined #openttd
01:51:34  <Samu> @calc (2 * 2 + 1) * (2 * 2 + 1) * 128
01:51:35  <DorpsGek> Samu: 3200
02:10:19  *** Thedarkb-X40 has quit IRC
02:39:17  <Samu> I'm experimenting some other variables and checks
02:39:58  <Samu> making the FindSpring function not start next to another river in a radius of 8 tiles
02:40:52  <Samu> and making lakes to be generated only if it had flowed down at least two times
02:42:01  <Samu> this may result in rivers a bit more sparse
02:42:15  <Samu> more connections to the sea, and perhaps less lakes
02:43:15  <Samu> avoids the disaster that andythenorth shown me,%2001-01-2000%233.png
02:43:35  <Samu> but i'm afraid this would also mean less rivers overall
02:43:49  <Samu> or more time generating rivers
02:44:02  <Samu> because it's trying harder
02:47:53  *** Samu has quit IRC
03:05:45  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
03:06:18  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
03:12:47  *** Mek has quit IRC
03:14:19  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
03:44:20  *** Mek has joined #openttd
03:47:25  *** glx has quit IRC
03:48:32  *** Mek has quit IRC
03:48:50  *** Mek has joined #openttd
03:54:33  *** D-HUND has joined #openttd
03:57:57  *** debdog has quit IRC
04:19:10  *** dvim has joined #openttd
04:20:49  *** Gustavo6046 has quit IRC
04:45:40  <Eddi|zuHause> someone ate the moon!
04:57:48  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] michicc updated pull request #6980: GDI engine for font glyph rendering as a replacement for FreeType
04:58:46  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] michicc dismissed a review for pull request #6980: GDI engine for font glyph rendering as a replacement for FreeType
05:29:34  <Heiki> someone put clouds in front of my moon
05:30:28  <Eddi|zuHause> that happened to me last time
06:43:36  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
06:49:20  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #6935: Prevent water construction where it could block nearby ships
06:51:03  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7000: Some NewGRF variables concerning railtypes
06:51:47  *** dvim has quit IRC
06:53:52  *** dvim has joined #openttd
06:56:05  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7025: Add #6887: Option to show zone inside local authority boundary of towns
07:03:32  *** dvim has quit IRC
07:08:21  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
07:10:04  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7065: Change: Make ships stop and change direction slowly instead of instantly turning.
07:11:31  <andythenorth> wow
07:11:42  <andythenorth> there's a trello-thing in GH :)
07:11:44  * andythenorth new things
07:14:27  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN opened pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
07:17:24  <peter1138> andythenorth, looking a little bare.
07:32:40  <peter1138> 2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
07:32:47  <peter1138> How to fix that...
07:33:36  <andythenorth> :P
07:36:29  <peter1138> Like that, is it?
07:41:05  <peter1138> Fixed it.
07:45:45  *** D-HUND is now known as debdog
07:49:42  *** HerzogDeXtEr has joined #openttd
08:28:02  *** HerzogDeXtEr has quit IRC
08:31:45  <peter1138> Bah at Linux vs Windows directory sort order. And the stripping-the-extension trick won't work because here the extensions differ...
08:32:49  *** Thedarkb1-T60 has quit IRC
08:35:07  <andythenorth> :x
09:04:50  <planetmaker> moin
09:08:23  <planetmaker> hm... what about performance for the var 0x6A (#7000, )?
09:08:33  <planetmaker> or doesn't it matter?
09:10:42  *** dvim has joined #openttd
09:27:26  <Eddi|zuHause> i believe i had it renamed to 63, and i can't imagine it being any worse than 4A
09:33:00  <peter1138> Does parameter need a railtype label translation?
09:33:32  <Eddi|zuHause> no, parameter is a RTT index
09:33:33  <peter1138> "parameter" will be coming as a grf-local railtype index, I think
09:35:25  <Eddi|zuHause> but i never tested it with actually complicated RTT, maybe it misses something
09:35:46  <peter1138> Yeah, if it's an RTT index, then it will need translating.
09:35:55  <peter1138> Because there's no RTT index lookup there.
09:36:17  <Eddi|zuHause> i might look at that later
09:36:39  <peter1138> I'll add a comment to the PR to remind us :)
09:36:46  <planetmaker> it allows to query every railtype as opposed to the current one... but well :)
09:37:04  <Eddi|zuHause> well, that's kinda the point?
09:37:16  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7000: Some NewGRF variables concerning railtypes
09:37:30  <peter1138> planetmaker, yes. If you want to query the current one, 4A is there.
09:38:36  <Eddi|zuHause> planetmaker: 4A compares the railtype of the current vehicle to the railtype of the current tile, 6x allows "suppose this vehicle were <Y>" and compares that to the railtype of the current tile
09:38:52  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN opened pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
09:39:37  <Eddi|zuHause> planetmaker: primary use for that would be hybrid (e.g. diesel and electric, or overhead electric and 3rd rail) vehicles
09:40:10  <Eddi|zuHause> which you have to define for the more generic railtype
09:40:29  <Eddi|zuHause> but need a condition when the more strict railtpye would apply
09:42:13  <Eddi|zuHause> or rack rail, to detect if there is a rack
09:42:20  <peter1138> Is this to help with "realism"? :D
09:42:35  <peter1138> @seen belugas
09:42:35  <DorpsGek> peter1138: belugas was last seen in #openttd 1 year, 42 weeks, 1 day, 13 hours, 24 minutes, and 3 seconds ago: <Belugas> yeah, a birthday :)  a good friend of mine!
09:42:38  <peter1138> :(
09:42:40  <Eddi|zuHause> most newgrf features are?
09:43:48  <peter1138> I'm jesting.
09:46:04  <Eddi|zuHause> my brain still has problems matching the name "PeterN" to the right person
09:46:37  <peter1138> Sorry.
09:47:20  <Eddi|zuHause> must be the capitalisation, because i don't have such problems with the forum name change from a while back
09:48:38  <peter1138> You can't have multiple usernames (on one account) with github. Which is logical.
09:56:36  <planetmaker> belugas :( long time no see
09:57:16  <peter1138> Looks like that PR failed miserably :p
09:58:07  <peter1138> Oddly it worked on Windows.
09:59:03  <peter1138> Tried to compile openttd.grf, but that's included in the repo.
10:15:23  <Sacro> @seen Bjarni
10:15:24  <DorpsGek> Sacro: Bjarni was last seen in #openttd 7 years, 15 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <Bjarni> heh
10:20:58  <planetmaker> @seen yexo
10:20:58  <DorpsGek> planetmaker: yexo was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 7 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: <Yexo> <NGC3982> The station glitches are CHIPS related. I adressed it to Andy the other day, and it seems like it's b0rked in some way. <- it's still in the issue tracker for CHIPS, but I haven't had time to look at it yet
10:21:01  <planetmaker> @seen therken
10:21:01  <DorpsGek> planetmaker: I have not seen therken.
10:21:09  <planetmaker> @seen terkhen
10:21:09  <DorpsGek> planetmaker: terkhen was last seen in #openttd 2 years, 50 weeks, 0 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <Terkhen> Hello
10:21:21  <planetmaker> @seen hirundo
10:21:21  <DorpsGek> planetmaker: hirundo was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 18 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 48 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <Hirundo> Commands (e.g. build X, bulldoze Y, change orders for vehicle Z) are sent across the net, but not their results, so if results differ, you get a desync error
10:21:28  <planetmaker> :P
10:21:37  <peter1138> Maybe I can just ifdef out those parts if grfcodec/nforenum are not available.
10:24:40  <Eddi|zuHause> isn't it doing that already?
10:25:23  <Eddi|zuHause> also, in makefile you can prefix a line with "-" to ignore failure
10:28:01  <peter1138> Nah, my changes broke it subtly.
10:28:40  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
10:29:32  <peter1138> This may or may not work, but at least it shouldn't try to execute an empty variable :p
10:31:43  <peter1138> Hmm, think I need to tweak the vcx files as it doesn't depend on all the language files.
10:31:49  <peter1138> Kinda defeats the point :p
10:34:42  <peter1138> Eddi|zuHause, and adjusting eints to do the update is also major work, as currently it doesn't do any compilation at all, so there may not be any build tools in the environment.
10:40:19  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
10:41:05  <Sacro> planetmaker: challenge failed
10:41:06  <Sacro> I think
10:41:10  <Sacro> @seen kudr
10:41:10  <DorpsGek> Sacro: I have not seen kudr.
10:41:11  <Sacro> hmm
10:41:24  <Sacro> There are a couple of people that have been gone longer
10:44:03  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
10:44:21  <andythenorth> planetmaker: I messaged yexo on linkedin, but if his use of linkedin is like mine...he won't see it :P
10:44:23  <Eddi|zuHause> we replaced the bot at some point
10:46:28  * andythenorth biab
10:46:32  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
11:09:06  *** sushibear has joined #openttd
11:26:33  <planetmaker> @seen darkvater
11:26:33  <DorpsGek> planetmaker: darkvater was last seen in #openttd 43 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, 17 minutes, and 43 seconds ago: <Darkvater> I'm looking for a distributed fs to setup my own private cloud using sbc's
11:26:42  <planetmaker> he
11:29:53  <peter1138> Hmm, why does that happen... my push didn't get picked up by azure.
12:09:54  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
12:26:01  *** Borg has joined #openttd
12:26:14  <Borg> any GRF animation guruz around?
12:26:31  <Borg> Im trying to fix tile animation now.. and I really dont understand callback 25 at all
12:26:54  <Borg> oil rigs have multiple tiles.. but seems in layout only 1D is used.. with does NOT have animation frames
12:33:53  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] Gabda87 commented on pull request #7025: Add #6887: Option to show zone inside local authority boundary of towns
13:19:57  *** Samu has joined #openttd
13:34:20  <Eddi|zuHause> peter1138: sometimes azure times out and someone has to manually log in to restart it
13:34:26  <peter1138> :(
13:42:14  <Borg> arghh.. so noone?
13:42:21  <Borg> this is damn. confusing..
13:42:58  <Borg> I added trigger for CB25: tile is processed in periodic loop..
13:43:03  <Borg> and now I have animation... wtf?
13:43:08  <Borg> even tho my CB25 is totaly fucked up
14:19:14  <Samu> hi
14:30:15  <Samu> im bad at function naming
14:33:44  <planetmaker> <-- seen that @ Borg ?
14:40:52  <Samu> IsPossibleLockLocationOnDiagDir
14:41:11  <Samu> IsPossibleLockLocation
14:41:19  <Samu> IsPossibleLockLocationRecursively
14:44:43  *** nielsm has joined #openttd
14:52:50  <Borg> planetmaker: hmm? what do you mean?
14:53:10  <Borg> Im not strugling w/ production CB.. but animation CB...
14:54:00  <Borg> my CB29 works fine :) I need to understand Tile Animation.. and so.. CB25 (and possibly CB26)
14:54:15  <Borg> and all I wanted.. was just adjust some tiles properties.. not touching GFX :)
14:54:32  <Borg> im doing RTFS like from few hours...
14:54:59  <Borg> and still I dont get what does AnimateTile() vs ChangeAnimationFrame() do
14:55:14  *** milek7 has quit IRC
14:55:43  <Borg> and whatever I need CB26 at all.. for now.. I see animation is happening.. but its broken (not correct sprites order)
14:59:23  <Borg> now it doesnt work again... argh
14:59:30  *** milek7 has joined #openttd
15:00:11  <Samu> IsPossibleLockLocationOnTownBridge ? bad name
15:05:52  *** stefino has joined #openttd
15:06:29  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh merged pull request #6872: Add: Houses can accept up to 16 different cargo types via NewGRF
15:07:23  <nielsm>  <- I vote we close this one for now
15:07:43  <nielsm> and redo it in perhaps smaller steps later
15:14:04  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
15:19:25  <andythenorth> nielsm: kinda feel like m3henry never got a reply :P
15:20:43  <andythenorth> Eddi|zuHause: where *are* the user bits for vehicles? o_O
15:20:50  <andythenorth> I keep looking in docs, but I'm clearly missing them
15:20:58  <stefino> hi you have industry distance conditions in your Firs?
15:21:06  <andythenorth> yes
15:21:18  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: i don't always find them either, they're quite hidden
15:21:23  <nielsm> andythenorth?
15:22:08  <nielsm> oh
15:22:09  <nielsm> nm
15:22:52  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: "25	B	Supported by OpenTTD 0.60.6 Supported by TTDPatch 2.5 (alpha 44)2.5	User-defined bit mask to set when checking veh. var. 42"
15:23:23  <Samu> how to describe a helper function, or it doesn't needs any description comments?
15:23:50  <stefino> we want to define minimal distance between two industries (the same kind) and my friend said that he can't find this contition in your FIRS (NML)
15:24:41  <Samu> help me describe the helper function
15:26:03  *** Flygon has quit IRC
15:26:18  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh commented on pull request #6817: PR for Modernizing for C++11: replacing instances of SmallVector
15:28:54  <nielsm> Samu: "Determine if a player could possibly build a ship lock that would cover this tile."
15:29:54  <Borg> okey.. to summ up.. if I ever touch any animated tile via act0.. it means.. I need to provide all animation frames + CB myself again?
15:30:06  <Borg> and even sound effects... probably
15:30:08  <Samu> "Is this hipotethically speaking bridge ramp hipotethically also possible for an hipotethically speaking lock?" :o
15:30:17  <Samu> hehe
15:30:27  <Samu> sorry
15:30:41  <Samu> it's not a player, it's a town action
15:30:57  <nielsm> yes the town is checking if a player would be able to build a lock there
15:31:08  <Samu> ah, yes, my bad
15:31:18  <Borg> after long digging in code.. I get how Oil Wells are animated (more or less) and Im not sure how I can replicated that in GRF..
15:31:27  <nielsm> the function checks if a player would be able to do that
15:31:44  <nielsm> the town growth uses that check to possibly outrule a bridge position
15:35:27  <andythenorth> stefino: I'll find some and paste
15:36:18  <nielsm> apparently people are skylining in TF as well now:
15:36:42  <andythenorth> stefino: round about here
15:37:43  <andythenorth> nielsm: is skylining a name for city growth?  Or climbing buildings? :P
15:38:45  <andythenorth> Eddi|zuHause: ok so prop 25, "User-defined bit mask to set when checking veh. var. 42", I've never understood how it's intended to be used
15:39:27  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: i wanted to use it for "this train has a dining car"
15:39:31  <stefino> andythenorth: thanks :)
15:39:53  <andythenorth> Eddi|zuHause: so it's a static prop, so 'has a dining car' would be set at build time
15:39:56  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: it's pretty inflexible
15:40:07  <andythenorth> so it can be mimicked by a list of vehicle IDs?
15:40:16  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: all the dining cars would set prop 25
15:40:22  <andythenorth> yes
15:40:28  <andythenorth> and all dining car IDs are known in advance
15:40:40  <Eddi|zuHause> and all passenger wagons would check var 42 for the dining car bit
15:40:42  <andythenorth> yes
15:40:56  <andythenorth> ok I can see how to use it, it's not adding anything afaict
15:41:08  <andythenorth> I guess it's more convenient than checking a list of IDs
15:41:27  <Eddi|zuHause> you don't have a need for maintaining the list of vehicle IDs
15:41:33  <andythenorth> yeah
15:41:50  <andythenorth> and in theory it's easier to do cross-set things with it, but eh, who would :P
15:41:51  <Eddi|zuHause> and you can save some switches because you don't have to check each ID separately
15:42:02  <andythenorth> convenience feature
15:42:43  <Samu> oh, delta_side is TileIndexDiff
15:42:43  <andythenorth> probably doesn't solve George's problem, I'm guessing
15:42:47  <Samu> not int
15:43:12  <andythenorth> I wonder if George's problem is caused by using insufficient IDs
15:44:07  <Eddi|zuHause> george has loads of problems
15:44:45  <andythenorth> it *is* very easy to create a large stack of switches for quite trivial graphics resolution
15:44:49  <andythenorth> I imagine CETS does it
15:44:54  <andythenorth> Horse definitely does
15:45:16  <andythenorth> flipped state * vehicle position * engine ID * cargo in consist
15:45:24  <andythenorth> escalates fast
15:45:26  <Eddi|zuHause> but the way i see it, we need more flexibility with these user bits: 1) the possibility to set them via callback, 2) the possibility to check them not only with OR, but also AND, or only individual vehicles
15:45:44  <andythenorth> are they always OR across the whole consist?
15:45:49  <andythenorth> what happens if I check solo vehicle
15:46:07  <Eddi|zuHause> whole consist (PARENT), or partial consist starting with this vehicle (THIS)
15:46:30  <andythenorth> ok so inflexible
15:46:41  <andythenorth> frosch is quite -1 to setting props on cb that can also be read on cb
15:46:49  <andythenorth> in neighbouring vehicles
15:46:51  <andythenorth> due to deadlocks
15:46:55  <Eddi|zuHause> that's why we need the triggers
15:46:57  <andythenorth> yes
15:47:00  <Samu> renaming bridge_tile to bridge_ramp
15:47:03  <andythenorth> the triggers make sense
15:47:12  <Samu> it's essentially checking bridge_ramps
15:47:12  <andythenorth> I wonder how often we really need to recalculate graphics
15:47:38  <andythenorth> I also wonder if the performance problem is real, or not
15:47:44  <Eddi|zuHause> likely you won't have STORE_PERM access, but rather the callback result is stored
15:48:19  <andythenorth> yes
15:48:26  <andythenorth> your proposal makes complete sense to me
15:49:03  <Samu> eh... now the explanation doesn't make sense
15:49:08  <Samu> i'm terrible
15:49:33  <andythenorth> 744 lines for EMU vehicle sprite, rear light sprite, and pantograph sprite
15:49:45  <andythenorth> didn't count how many switches that is :P
15:49:51  <Eddi|zuHause> so we need a callback that overrides the value of prop 25, a new property to set the trigger flags (same meaning as random triggers), and an extension of var 42 for AND and "just this"
15:49:57  <Samu>  * Determine if a player could possibly build
15:49:57  <Samu>  * a ship lock that would cover this bridge ramp.
15:50:56  <Samu> tile would make more sense given this explanation
15:51:09  <Samu> but the tile is very much a bridge ramp
15:51:22  <Samu> ok, tile it is
15:51:33  <peter1138> Hmm, should I look at vehicle subtypes again? Or whatever I was calling it last time...
15:51:38  <andythenorth> peter1138: maybe yes
15:51:55  <andythenorth> it has some faff, like how autoreplace works
15:51:55  <peter1138> "Stop cramming everything into 1 ID"
15:52:06  <peter1138> Hmm, well.
15:52:14  <peter1138> Sort of.
15:52:15  <andythenorth> it's got to be worth a look
15:52:20  <andythenorth> even if it ends up not working
15:52:26  <Eddi|zuHause> peter1138: the main focus is to clean up duplicates from the vehicle purchase list
15:53:10  <andythenorth> I would encourage vehicle subtypes to sack the addiction to cargo subtypes
15:53:27  <andythenorth> cargo subtypes for stuff like livery, gearing, power etc, are crap UI
15:53:30  <andythenorth> and crap for autoreplace
15:53:36  <Eddi|zuHause> andythenorth: i find it highly unlikely that we can remove those
15:54:02  <andythenorth> I think we can reduce the useage
15:54:08  <peter1138> Sure you can. If grfversion > xxx disable cargo subtype callbacks :)
15:54:28  <andythenorth> I use them for capacity refits on boats
15:54:33  <peter1138> Also: if the grouping stuff works well, document that it replace cargo subtypes
15:54:37  <Eddi|zuHause> peter1138: but then we need a GRFv9, and everything ready simultaneously :)
15:54:43  <andythenorth> but it would actually be more convenient gameplay to choose the boat size I want, in depot
15:54:49  <andythenorth> it's less realism
15:54:52  <andythenorth> but fuck it
15:55:07  * andythenorth makes a screenshot
15:55:51  <peter1138> also railtype gui tweaks
15:56:01  <andythenorth>
15:56:12  <peter1138> when people were suggesting that electrification should be a flag without realising the consequences of that
15:56:15  <andythenorth> currently I build the boat, the default capacity is usually correct
15:56:24  <andythenorth> if I want one of the other capacities I refit
15:56:39  <andythenorth> might as well just be a + widget dropdown in buy menu
15:56:58  <andythenorth> like buying a van with bigger alloys from the Ford dealer
15:57:08  <andythenorth> instead of buying them on eBay later
15:57:17  <peter1138> eh, why did you offer multiple capacity via refit on the same ship? that's ugly
15:57:31  <andythenorth> because reasons
15:57:40  <andythenorth> mostly the default is correct
15:58:08  <andythenorth> ships aren't like trains where you can add another wagon :P
15:58:13  <nielsm> andythenorth: I'm using "skylining" as a verb for the bonsai style of city building that's more prevalent in cities: skylines community (at least those publishing their work)
15:58:30  <nielsm> with tons of plopped buildings and not so much natural growth
15:59:28  <Samu> nielsm
15:59:39  <Samu> better?
15:59:52  <Samu> what about function name or param names
16:00:00  <andythenorth> peter1138: if it helps, I know the capacity refits are stupid :)
16:00:49  <Samu> oops, bridge_ramp is to be bridge_tile, forgot to edit it
16:01:40  <Samu> unless bridge_ramp is better
16:01:44  <Samu> what do you think
16:18:22  *** dvim has quit IRC
16:19:05  *** Borg has quit IRC
16:20:25  *** Wormnest has joined #openttd
16:21:07  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] Eddi-z commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
16:27:47  *** Gja has joined #openttd
16:29:29  <Eddi|zuHause> it might very well be that we had that same discussion like 10 years ago...
16:29:30  *** andythenorth is now known as Guest1276
16:29:31  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
16:33:14  *** Guest1276 has quit IRC
16:38:02  <Samu> create water waves as the secondary ship "vehicle"
16:38:07  <Samu> to allow more cargo
16:38:09  <Samu> keks
16:38:43  <Samu> call it articulated ship
16:42:32  *** dvim has joined #openttd
16:44:38  *** HerzogDeXtEr has joined #openttd
16:48:09  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 approved pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
16:48:30  *** glx has joined #openttd
16:48:30  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v glx
16:53:03  <Samu> my chain reaction of functions
16:53:17  <Samu> 3rd function calls 2nd and calls 1st
16:53:30  <Samu> my bool skills are currently lacking
16:54:09  <Samu> I want to get rid of line 21
16:54:29  <Samu> what would i have to write on line 39, 40 and 41 if i do that?
17:03:19  <Samu> (!IsTileFlat(bridge_tile) || IsPossibleLockLocationOnDiagDir(bridge_tile, bridge_dir)) ?
17:11:42  <Samu> gonna try some asserts
17:19:09  <Samu> fail
17:19:15  <Samu> asserted
17:21:11  <Samu> !IsTileFlat(bridge_tile) && IsPossibleLockLocationOnDiagDirWithoutCheckTileFlat(bridge_tile, bridge_dir);
17:27:16  <Samu> looks like this is it! No asserts during 8k rivers + 12k towns on 4k*4k map
17:40:44  *** Thedarkb1-T60 has joined #openttd
17:40:48  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN merged pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
17:42:23  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
17:47:41  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
17:48:35  <glx> ignore that, was stupid :)
17:48:35  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
17:50:13  *** Gja has quit IRC
17:50:34  <TrueBrain> 527 missed messages ... you guys talk too much
17:50:36  <TrueBrain> just saying
17:54:26  <LordAro> nah, you talk too little
17:55:06  *** Progman has joined #openttd
17:55:53  <TrueBrain> fair
17:56:12  <TrueBrain> what is blocking atm?
17:56:22  <TrueBrain> link validation
17:56:28  <TrueBrain> we can do that after merge, I guess
17:56:51  <TrueBrain> URL is going to change for sure
17:57:13  <TrueBrain> but that too can wait till after merge
17:57:17  <TrueBrain> as that is IPv6 bla
17:58:08  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 requested changes for pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
18:01:25  *** Wolf01 has joined #openttd
18:01:29  <Wolf01> o/
18:07:05  <Wolf01> Meh, I want to browse discord channels without registering :|
18:11:47  <TrueBrain> cannot fork because repository is empty
18:11:48  <TrueBrain> SO WHAT :P
18:12:16  <Samu> 	for (uint tile = 0; tile != MapSize(); tile++) {
18:12:29  <Samu> is there a purple all caps FOR_ALL_TILES or so?
18:12:46  <Wolf01> Macro, that's a macro
18:13:15  <Samu> macro, ok must find if it exists already
18:14:10  *** Gja has joined #openttd
18:14:32  <Samu> can't find
18:14:36  <Samu> guess there isn't
18:15:09  <Samu> uint should be TileIndex, right?
18:15:14  <Samu> changinh
18:20:50  <glx> and remember this loop includes void tiles
18:24:33  <Samu> i only want river slopes
18:24:35  <Samu> if (IsValidTile(tile) && IsTileType(tile, MP_WATER) && IsRiver(tile) && IsInclinedSlope(GetTileSlope(tile))) {
18:30:04  *** sla_ro|master has joined #openttd
18:30:57  *** gelignite has joined #openttd
18:37:35  <TrueBrain> its funny (well, not really): every idea I have for fixing IPv4/IPv6 around the DO CDN, is returned to me with some minor missing thing in the DO infrastructure
18:37:41  <TrueBrain> from custom domains up to proxy protocol support
18:37:45  <TrueBrain> I am sad! :P
18:38:01  <TrueBrain> worst part: all solutions so far (7+) I came up with, have planned solutions by DO in 2019
18:38:07  <TrueBrain> so it is just terrible timing
18:38:34  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
18:38:53  <Samu> * @param flowdown_count The number of times the river has flowed down
18:38:55  <Samu> good english?
18:39:07  <Samu> flowed down? flown down ? flew down? something else down?
18:42:10  <Samu> I hope this is not a wiki-kind of dictionary
18:43:29  <milek7> current infrastructure is also multiple servers?
18:48:21  <Samu> Found a bug when generating "lakes" on desert tileset
18:48:49  <Samu> it does not /* Remove desert directly around the river tile. */
18:49:20  <Samu> I'll fix it
18:50:39  <andythenorth> Samu: what does it do? :)
18:51:36  <andythenorth> peter1138: so are groups done? o_O
18:51:40  <Samu> doesn't make lakes on yellow desert terrain
18:51:45  <andythenorth> or shall we 'fix' desert TGP for 1.9.0 :P
18:52:30  <Samu> oh, interesting
18:52:37  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: less talking, more :P
18:52:54  <andythenorth> let's see
18:53:21  <Samu> yeah, that's it
18:53:33  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
18:53:58  <peter1138> andythenorth, not unless someone else coded it whilst I was cycling home, and then going to the pet shop.
18:54:04  <andythenorth> oof
18:54:08  * andythenorth needs fish food
18:54:10  <andythenorth> very reminder
18:54:27  <peter1138> Hmm, yeah, I should've got some fish, damn.
18:55:53  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
18:56:51  <andythenorth> TrueBrain: so what is my user error here?
18:56:52  <andythenorth> jekyll 3.8.5 | Error:  No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - OpenTTD-website.andythenorth/static/js/ua-parser.js
18:56:57  <andythenorth> from jekyll serve
18:57:05  <TrueBrain> submodules
18:57:12  <TrueBrain> git submodule update --init
18:57:14  <TrueBrain> I think
18:57:25  <stefino> andythenorth: one more question. We have a problem with industry closure. Is there any way how to fix it?
18:57:47  <andythenorth> depends
18:58:07  <andythenorth> the answer is yes, or no
18:58:21  <andythenorth> what do you want to fix?
18:59:28  <stefino> it closes very fast ...there are no problems with your FIRS but we start witch 100 factories +- and after few years there is for example 50
18:59:49  <stefino> it is realy quick if I compare it with your set
19:00:31  <andythenorth> I banned closure, which is easy
19:00:40  <andythenorth> there is no way to allow closure, but control the rate
19:01:30  <andythenorth> TrueBrain: 42 bad links :D
19:01:36  <andythenorth> I will triage
19:01:40  <stefino> ahh okay :)
19:01:53  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: please do; possibly I did something stupid :D
19:02:06  <peter1138> Just approve and commit :p
19:02:14  <andythenorth> typo on 404 TrueBrain "The page you requrested could not be found."
19:02:21  <andythenorth> don't make me PR pls :(
19:02:27  <andythenorth> I have like 57 things to do right now
19:02:43  <TrueBrain> make an issue out of it?
19:02:56  <TrueBrain> I am 6 deep in some other issue myself :D
19:03:13  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
19:03:44  <TrueBrain> I believe GitHub claims it is really easy to make a PR from within the interface
19:03:46  <TrueBrain> just never checked that out :D
19:04:34  <TrueBrain> okay, that really does work
19:04:37  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] andythenorth opened pull request #28: Fixed typo in 404
19:04:42  <andythenorth>
19:04:48  <andythenorth> works
19:04:49  <TrueBrain> wtf, I just made one too :P
19:04:57  <TrueBrain> just made the PR in my own fork
19:04:58  <TrueBrain> lol
19:05:05  <andythenorth> well that reduces the admin
19:05:18  <andythenorth> we can get web editors to do this
19:05:20  <TrueBrain> that makes it really easy to work on the website :)
19:05:25  <stefino> andythenorth: and how to "ban" closure? :D
19:05:28  * andythenorth back to frigging 404s 
19:05:33  <andythenorth> stefino: monthly prod. cb
19:05:35  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: your commit message only is faulty
19:05:38  <TrueBrain> should be: Fix: ...
19:05:47  <andythenorth> fixed
19:05:55  <TrueBrain> in the commit darling :)
19:05:57  <TrueBrain> not the PR :P
19:06:04  <andythenorth> oof
19:06:36  <andythenorth> that's hard to edit :P
19:06:39  <andythenorth> in the web UI
19:06:53  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain opened pull request #29: Fix: typo in 404.html
19:06:56  <TrueBrain> let me try :D
19:07:16  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain closed pull request #28: Fix: typo in 404
19:07:17  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain commented on pull request #28: Fix: typo in 404
19:07:18  <andythenorth> interesting diversion
19:07:19  <TrueBrain> :P
19:07:31  <andythenorth> at least we learn something
19:07:36  <TrueBrain> yes :D
19:09:58  <andythenorth> TrueBrain: so links for downloads, e.g. changelog etc, are they supposed to be absolute to the CDN?
19:10:02  <andythenorth> I'm getting
19:10:14  <andythenorth>
19:10:17  <andythenorth> second link
19:10:31  <andythenorth> first one I copied wrong thing from validator tool
19:10:33  <TrueBrain> that is odd
19:10:54  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: please run again
19:11:48  <Samu> CircularTileSearch(&tile, 5, RiverModifyDesertZone, NULL);
19:12:02  <Samu> this dude always changing the value of tile... damn it
19:12:25  <Samu> i want tile to remain the same
19:12:34  * andythenorth running fetch-downloads
19:12:45  <andythenorth> the liquid template looks correct to me
19:13:25  <andythenorth> ok re-running link checker
19:13:34  <andythenorth> 0 bad
19:14:00  <andythenorth> bunch of 301s, 302s, 307s
19:14:10  <andythenorth> going to assume they're all correct
19:14:35  <Samu> 			TileIndex t = tile;
19:14:35  <Samu> 			CircularTileSearch(&t, 5, RiverModifyDesertZone, NULL);
19:14:38  <Samu> problem solved
19:14:54  <Samu> tile is unchanged, and t is scrapped
19:15:51  <andythenorth> WAVE validator gives 3 errors, I'll see if I can fix them or leave comments :|
19:16:16  <andythenorth> 25 contrast errors :|
19:17:43  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain merged pull request #29: Fix: typo in 404.html
19:19:12  <TrueBrain> nginx-ingress is full of lua tricks :D That is funny
19:20:18  <TrueBrain> okay, another route that is not really viable
19:20:26  <TrueBrain> I just want to know if I have an IPv4 or IPv6 connection
19:20:28  <TrueBrain> how hard can it be :P
19:20:32  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] andythenorth approved pull request #23: Add: support binary distribution via our new infrastructure
19:20:58  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain merged pull request #23: Add: support binary distribution via our new infrastructure
19:20:58  <TrueBrain> tnx andythenorth
19:21:29  <andythenorth> np
19:22:34  <TrueBrain> so if I enable proxy protocol, all communication has to be done like that. I cannot set it up for a single one, for example
19:22:39  <TrueBrain> grrrrrrrrrrr
19:24:01  <milek7> old infrastructure is also cluster of multiple servers?
19:25:03  <TrueBrain> we have both a mirror of ~7 servers worldwide, and around 14-ish VPSes
19:25:09  <TrueBrain> name that how ever you like :)
19:25:33  <TrueBrain> <- at least we have a new nightly :)
19:25:49  <milek7> ok, so i really underestimate openttd traffic ;p
19:25:58  <TrueBrain> you were doubting me? Tsssk
19:25:59  <TrueBrain> :P
19:26:30  *** Gustavo6046 has joined #openttd
19:26:48  <TrueBrain> well, always difficult to put anything in perspective ... at work I am totally used to servers which average 300 mbit/s
19:26:58  <TrueBrain> but OpenTTD doesn't do that :P
19:27:04  <TrueBrain> I believe .. 30 mbit/s on average over the whole
19:27:08  <TrueBrain> 4+TiB a month
19:27:22  <TrueBrain> ~1 million file downloads per month
19:27:28  <TrueBrain> that is the order of magnitude to think in
19:28:34  <andythenorth> we have a new nightly? \o/
19:29:02  <TrueBrain> YES WE DO!
19:29:05  <TrueBrain> :D
19:29:08  <andythenorth> YES WE DO
19:29:20  <TrueBrain> but it is still on staging, because of 2 remaining issues:
19:29:21  <planetmaker> wooo!
19:29:28  <TrueBrain> IPv6 connectivity
19:29:39  <TrueBrain> and automatically retriggering of the website when a nightly is done
19:29:44  *** Gustavo6046 has quit IRC
19:30:07  *** Gustavo6046 has joined #openttd
19:30:33  <andythenorth> pish posh
19:30:42  <andythenorth> there's always something left to do :P
19:31:14  <TrueBrain> it is keeping me from bringing it live :(
19:31:29  <TrueBrain> and I am really running out of ideas for the IPv6 ..
19:31:49  <milek7> 30 mbit/s sounds like underutilized server ;D
19:32:01  <TrueBrain> depends on your goal ;)
19:32:12  <TrueBrain> the mirror network is created to reduce latency (increase locality)
19:32:42  <TrueBrain> the average distance between server and a computer downloading a binary, is ~3000 km
19:33:05  <TrueBrain> mostly, US is kept in US :)
19:33:32  <TrueBrain> EU servers are 3 times as busy as US servers, on average
19:33:51  <TrueBrain> cz server serves within 1000 kms :D
19:34:05  <TrueBrain> ca over 4400 km ..
19:34:10  <TrueBrain> (and yes, we track this silly shit :P)
19:35:11  <andythenorth> I have nothing for IPv6 :(  Not something I have knowledge for
19:36:26  <TrueBrain> it is mainly DigitalOcean that made it difficult :P
19:36:36  <TrueBrain> most cloud providers offer PROXY protocol on their LoadBalancer
19:36:45  <TrueBrain> that would totally have solved my issue for this specific problem
19:36:48  <TrueBrain> they don't do that yet
19:37:00  <TrueBrain> so you don't know the real IP that is connecting to your kubernetes pod
19:37:06  <TrueBrain> which is REALLY annoying :P
19:39:13  <milek7> right, i am used to loads mainly from single country
19:39:14  <milek7> after release it can go to ~250mbit/s, though this is on two servers
19:40:07  <TrueBrain> yeah; different target :)
19:40:13  <TrueBrain> we went for world domination :D
19:40:26  <TrueBrain> (nah; the complaints about downloads not working dropped from a few a week to almost zero)
19:40:53  <milek7> (i have to code some delta-patch system, releasing clean 2.5gb archive every year or so is bit wasteful)
19:41:11  <TrueBrain> or implement a CDN and don't care about it :P
19:41:50  <milek7> well, it works now but it's just ugly ;p
19:45:00  <TrueBrain> so I wanted to make the nginx-ingress in the k8s to setup a port which does support proxy protocol, and one that doesn't. But that is difficult, as it turns out :D
19:46:26  *** stefino has quit IRC
19:52:46  <milek7> heh, i'm looking at steam direct
19:52:50  <milek7> and it looks like after 100$ initial fee i can put free game and they'll host it without extra payments. what's business here? ;d
19:55:01  <planetmaker> the business seems to be the many games which do cost money. And every free game also keeps the audience around
19:55:10  <planetmaker> and hey, it's 100€ / $
19:57:23  <TrueBrain> OpenTTD going to steam!
19:57:26  <TrueBrain> (right? :P)
19:57:28  <Samu> andythenorth this is not the same rule applied on RiverModifyDesertZone
19:57:52  <Samu> seems one turns it right into a green tile, the other turns into half desert
19:58:40  <Samu> and it's in a circular search, so it turns more, in a radius of 5 into green tiles
19:59:02  <planetmaker> I'm all for it. I still believe it's a good game distribution platform
19:59:08  <planetmaker> heck, most games I got from there :P
19:59:31  <TrueBrain> we just need someone to pave the road, I guess :)
19:59:53  <planetmaker> was it agreed-upon to spend those 100 bucks?
20:00:08  <TrueBrain> yup
20:00:10  <TrueBrain> (if not, it is now)
20:00:21  <planetmaker> :D
20:00:44  <TrueBrain> email orudge if he needs to do anything
20:00:51  <TrueBrain> he will take care of it when ever he can
20:01:02  <TrueBrain> (financial, that is)
20:01:07  <planetmaker> I'll simply go forward then and ask him to re-imburse me later
20:01:19  <TrueBrain> I mostly give him credentials to make the payment :D
20:02:00  <planetmaker> hehe
20:03:29  <Samu> I didn't actually test it
20:03:33  <Samu> hmm
20:04:45  <peter1138> Simutrans is on Steam.
20:08:22  <planetmaker> Indeed. "Battle of Wesnoth" as well
20:08:50  <Samu> strange, I don't get the same results as I see here
20:10:31  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 dismissed a review for pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
20:11:04  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
20:13:33  <planetmaker> does info@openttd have some greylisting?
20:14:33  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick commented on pull request #7015: Change: Desert tiles are now half-desert if a neighboured tile is non…
20:15:34  <TrueBrain> planetmaker: yes
20:17:03  <planetmaker> roughly how long?
20:17:46  <TrueBrain> 5 minutes; but the server has to contact again
20:18:08  <planetmaker> hm, right
20:18:20  <TrueBrain> so often after 5 minutes, hit that "resend" button! :P
20:18:48  <planetmaker> err-no-resend button :|
20:19:23  <TrueBrain> fail!
20:19:48  <planetmaker> yop :)
20:20:08  <planetmaker> but trying to re-apply with the same address works :D
20:20:20  <TrueBrain> lol
20:23:15  <planetmaker> hm... openttd seems taken. And connected to... some none-openttd address (
20:23:40  <planetmaker> Let's try to sort that through :)
20:24:52  <TrueBrain> this most of the time takes the longest
20:24:57  <TrueBrain> reclaiming what is ours etc
20:27:37  <planetmaker> yep
20:27:59  <planetmaker> let's see what steam support will answer :)
20:41:54  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o orudge`
20:41:59  *** orudge` is now known as orudge
20:46:17  <TrueBrain> grrrr, so okay ... this IPv6 is a lot more annoying than I expected ..
20:48:33  <andythenorth> Samu: you're correct
20:48:37  <andythenorth> I verified your finding
20:50:40  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7015: Change: Desert tiles are now half-desert if a neighboured tile is non…
20:53:09  <LordAro> andythenorth: seems like it should be a separate bug
20:53:44  <andythenorth> well #4754 originally filed this an issue
20:54:03  <andythenorth> planetmaker: can you remember anything from 2011? :P. Does this matter
20:55:26  <andythenorth> I don't care either way, I never use SE, and river-desert now look better in map gen
20:56:02  <andythenorth> this kind of inconsistency doesn't really touch the sides for me, landscape stuff is generally messy by nature
20:58:38  <planetmaker> let me see
20:59:44  <milek7> why ipv4 don't die already
20:59:53  <milek7> nat and port redirects in nat are so annoying
21:00:18  *** supermop has joined #openttd
21:00:23  <TrueBrain> IPv6 adoption is very low :(
21:00:23  <supermop> yo
21:00:33  <andythenorth> lo supermop
21:00:45  <supermop> andythenorth should I buy Creative Cloud?
21:00:56  <supermop> or just use it at work
21:01:16  <supermop> I have a newer surface book than last year, and I no longer have CS on it
21:01:18  <milek7> i know, i don't have native ipv6 on my isp :(
21:01:55  <supermop> im tempted to buy a usb dvd drive so I can use these cs5 disks I got back in 2010
21:02:09  <andythenorth> I buy just Photoshop, all I need
21:02:15  <andythenorth> full CC is super expensive
21:02:53  <planetmaker> interesting. It should not make a difference for what it's worth.
21:03:36  <andythenorth> not every inconsistency is a bug
21:03:41  <andythenorth> some are just what they are
21:04:45  *** nielsm has quit IRC
21:04:56  <peter1138> Maybe I'll revisit my map generation code.
21:05:27  <andythenorth> o_O
21:05:40  <supermop> andythenorth ai is useful for design worki do sometimes, id less so but I use it occasionally
21:06:01  <peter1138> Maybe I'll stick to things I'm currently fiddling with :p
21:06:10  <peter1138> Like this goats cheese on a cracker.
21:06:24  <supermop> i could maybe try to share my license with my work computer, but i do want to use it for personal stuff
21:06:30  <peter1138> Although it's from Aldi so hardly special.
21:06:48  *** HerzogDeXtEr has quit IRC
21:07:06  <supermop> but yes, hard to justify 0 a year for something that's just a 'nice to have'
21:09:15  <Samu> LordAro "Hmm, are there any road bridges you can add to the test?"
21:09:48  <Samu> AIIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_ROAD)
21:09:56  <Samu> oops
21:10:35  <supermop> why is PS /mo, but lightroom+PS is /mo?
21:10:46  <Samu>
21:11:08  <Samu> do you want me to add more tests to regression ai?
21:11:10  *** sla_ro|master has quit IRC
21:11:15  <andythenorth> supermop: adobe pricing makes no sense
21:11:19  <andythenorth> ever
21:11:29  <LordAro> Samu: that was my idea, yes
21:11:38  <Samu> I'd have to edit the results
21:11:56  <LordAro> you can run it yourself these days
21:12:08  <LordAro> there should be a "regression" target, i think?
21:12:24  <andythenorth> supermop: you here for a while? o_O
21:12:33  <Samu> no idea how to run the regression test
21:12:51  <Samu> i only know that it runs over there
21:13:09  <Samu> tried to make it run here, but i couldn't
21:13:09  <supermop> ill be on irc rest of the day unless something gets messed up
21:13:21  <LordAro> Samu: the regression test was recently added to VS
21:13:27  <LordAro> as a target/project/thing
21:13:29  <LordAro> try and find it
21:14:15  <supermop> i need to design a donut kiosk as a charette exercise for job im interviewing for
21:14:21  <Samu> ah i see, but hmm how to run this lol
21:15:17  <Samu> ---------------------------
21:15:17  <Samu> Microsoft Visual Studio
21:15:17  <Samu> ---------------------------
21:15:17  <Samu> The "Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.References.UnresolvedBuildDependencyProjectReference" reference could not be resolved.
21:15:17  <Samu> ---------------------------
21:15:19  <Samu> OK
21:15:19  <Samu> ---------------------------
21:16:22  <supermop> probably just going to photoshop elevations of it rather than render
21:17:02  <andythenorth> donut kiosk :D
21:18:10  <andythenorth> supermop: finishing up high speed trains, what do we think of CC roof? on #2
21:18:25  <peter1138> More cheese, gromit?
21:18:37  <andythenorth> wensleydale
21:18:59  <supermop> cc roof looks nice, not very realistic
21:19:13  <LordAro> the r word!
21:19:25  <supermop> does make it look very shiny and lategame-ish
21:19:26  <Samu>
21:19:33  <supermop> which can be nice
21:19:36  <Samu> do i tick Build for regression?
21:19:59  <LordAro> i imagine so
21:20:08  <Samu> ok let's see what happens
21:20:12  <glx> no you just right click, then generate on regression project
21:20:23  <andythenorth> mega realism
21:20:27  <glx> no need to enable it for all builds
21:20:38  <supermop> sadly we do not get to see tt trains from lineside, so sometimes makes sense to dress up the roofs
21:20:42  <TrueBrain> glx: still works over IPv6?
21:20:57  <glx> yes
21:20:58  <TrueBrain> finally :D I can see IPv6 calls \o/
21:21:02  <TrueBrain> had to duplicate the whole setup
21:21:04  <TrueBrain> but okay ..
21:21:07  <peter1138> If adding new icons to openttd.grf (not reorganising what's there) should I do 1 sprite per file, or what?
21:21:23  <peter1138> TrueBrain, see mine?
21:21:29  <Samu> I don't have a regression project, or do I? I'm not following
21:21:38  <TrueBrain> peter1138: reload?
21:21:40  <supermop> andythenorth did they actually paint those red on top?
21:21:46  <andythenorth> yeah
21:21:47  <TrueBrain> I see traffic
21:21:47  <peter1138> Done.
21:21:48  <TrueBrain> Firefox
21:21:50  <andythenorth> oof they changed it recently
21:21:50  <peter1138> Yeah
21:22:03  <peter1138> 2001:8b0:65dd...
21:22:06  <glx> Samu: if you are in sync with master from more than 2 weeks ago you have it
21:22:07  <TrueBrain> yup
21:22:09  <peter1138> :D
21:22:18  <TrueBrain> okay, I am now running 2 nginx setups .. one for IPv4, and one for IPv6 :P
21:22:21  <TrueBrain> wasting memory! :D
21:22:25  <supermop> shinkansen are the same smooth white body shell all the way up and over so not too rare
21:22:33  <peter1138> TrueBrain, that's what we call resiliency.
21:22:33  <glx> in solution explorer it's right after openttd
21:22:46  <supermop> but those quickly become quite dirty on the top
21:22:55  <TrueBrain> peter1138: well ... they all run already with replicas :P
21:22:59  <peter1138> :D
21:23:11  <TrueBrain> 1 k8s nginx-ingress with proxy-protocol, the other without
21:23:26  <TrueBrain> IPv4 via DigitalOcean which does not support PROXY, the other via my own entry points which do
21:23:41  <TrueBrain> "the other" == IPv6
21:23:43  <TrueBrain> so complexxxxxx
21:23:44  <Samu> right click, Project Only -> Build Only regression ?
21:23:46  <supermop> andythenorth that change look like a nod to frequency they actually are able to wash them
21:23:52  <andythenorth> yair
21:24:04  <andythenorth> ottd trains never get dirty
21:24:05  <andythenorth> so eh
21:24:09  <supermop> just bad feature some grime aging on top
21:24:13  * andythenorth invents horrid realism mod
21:24:17  <supermop> ha
21:24:19  <andythenorth> coach washing depot
21:24:30  <andythenorth> reduced town rating if trains are dirty
21:24:36  <andythenorth> peter1138: group sprites by concern, not 1 sprite per file :)
21:24:38  <glx> in project explorer window you right click on regression and click build
21:24:59  <andythenorth> e.g. there are 4 vehicle clone cursors, they can be one file
21:25:30  <glx> well solution explorer, but same
21:25:49  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] M3Henry commented on pull request #6817: PR for Modernizing for C++11: replacing instances of SmallVector
21:26:51  <Samu>
21:26:58  <Samu> ah, Build
21:27:00  <glx> running regression is easier from VS, it's possible to run it from outside but requires many extra steps
21:27:50  <peter1138> "make regression" is pretty easy ;)
21:27:57  *** gelignite has quit IRC
21:28:09  <glx> yeah that works well with MSYS2
21:28:11  <peter1138> andythenorth, but then I have to faff about with how to arrange the sprites, padding, etc...
21:28:30  <glx> but MSVC build needs special handling to get the output
21:28:35  <andythenorth> I can do it, but....not today :P
21:28:45  <andythenorth> my life is sprite faff :P
21:28:47  <peter1138> I did it!
21:28:51  <Samu> 3>Running ai/regression/tst_regression... passed!
21:28:51  <Samu> 3>Running ai/regression/tst_stationlist... passed!
21:28:54  <peter1138> But not like the current spritesheets.
21:28:55  <Samu> just that?
21:28:56  <andythenorth> ok
21:29:00  <andythenorth> peter1138: ship it :P
21:29:01  <Samu> I'm kinda disappointed lol
21:29:13  <LordAro> Samu: it'll get a bit noisier if it fails ;)
21:29:18  <peter1138> I started at 0,0 and placed the sprites horizontally with a 1 pixel white gap between them.
21:29:29  <glx> not with the vbs LordAro
21:29:39  <andythenorth> 'probably fine'
21:30:02  <Samu> so, hmm i need to edit the end result
21:30:14  <Samu> if i am to add more bridge name tests
21:30:52  <Samu> where is this result file created? need to snag it
21:31:52  <Samu> but first, let me edit regression ai
21:31:53  <Samu> brb
21:32:03  <glx> Samu: you can edit regression.bat and add -k after the run.vbs call
21:32:44  <glx> it will keep the tmp files
21:33:24  <supermop> andythenorth ive yet to get out of 60s with new horse
21:33:36  <Samu> must push my not-yet-finished stuff ... gah it's hard to switch between branches
21:34:11  <glx> just "git stash", "git checkout", "git stash pop"
21:35:17  <TrueBrain> yippie, so now I can see IPv4 from IPv6 ... means I can make something that redirects IPv4 to the edge-cached URL, and IPv6 I can feed binaries directly
21:35:17  <glx> other option is "git diff > some_file" "git reset"
21:35:23  <TrueBrain> ALMOST there now for realz :D
21:35:26  <TrueBrain> but that tomorrorrrrwwwwww
21:35:31  <andythenorth> supermop: no time, or bad grf? :P
21:35:48  <andythenorth> tomoz
21:36:04  <TrueBrain> did someone just email about OpenTTD 0.6.3? Damn .... that is a few years behind :D
21:36:16  <LordAro> TrueBrain: whaa
21:39:02  <planetmaker> well. I gave him the download link :)
21:39:38  <planetmaker> not sure whether he was actually asking for 0.6.3 or just saying he used to play that version and wants to have "latest" download
21:48:32  *** Gja has quit IRC
21:48:34  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick updated pull request #7073: Feature: Generate lock ready rivers upon world generation
21:48:43  <Samu> im so terrible at this
21:49:10  <supermop> andythenorth no time
21:49:32  <andythenorth> :D
21:49:59  <Samu> oh, that first line became the title?
21:50:03  <Samu> pff...
21:50:09  <Samu> not what I was shown here
21:50:39  <supermop> i wonder if i should be building this mainline as electric in 51
21:53:12  <supermop> i want something like steel town for cities
21:53:34  *** Thedarkb1-T60 has quit IRC
21:53:54  *** Thedarkb1-T60 has joined #openttd
21:54:01  <supermop> that is, more advanced industry rather than rural or extractive, but less industry focused
21:54:23  <supermop> something that will look nice as set dressing to a passenger heavy game
21:54:42  <supermop> 'post-industrial decline' economy
21:55:01  <supermop> maybe a japan economy
21:55:18  <supermop> less raw material, more shipping finished goods
21:56:27  <supermop> so i'm not always anxious about cramming more quicklime through my commuter network from a kiln built like a ski resort
21:58:26  <supermop> just some cute freight rakes as scenery for EMUs to glide by
22:00:06  <supermop> here is a curmudgeonly observation: did 3 track mainlines ever make sense?
22:00:37  <supermop> they are never worth it in openttd, and they never seem to provide much benefit on the subway here
22:13:47  <andythenorth> supermop: town economy is something I'm interested in :)
22:13:49  <andythenorth> but now bed :)
22:13:51  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
22:24:35  <Samu> 3>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio17\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command "call regression.bat" exited with code 1.
22:24:45  <Samu> where is this file
22:25:17  <LordAro> explorer has search functionality built in
22:25:24  <LordAro> use your head
22:25:35  <Samu> ok
22:29:08  <Samu> ah found it D:\OpenTTD\OpenTTD GitHub\OpenTTD\projects
22:29:38  <Samu> found 2 of them
22:29:41  <Samu> D:\OpenTTD\OpenTTD svn-trunk\projects
22:30:00  <LordAro> you don't need to tell us
22:30:07  <LordAro> i'm sure you can manage to work out which one is relevant
22:30:53  <Samu> cscript /nologo ai\regression\run.vbs -k
22:31:33  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
22:35:33  <Samu> got it
22:35:34  <Samu>
22:37:36  <Samu> there are no Air bridges, dont know if it was worth getting a name out of it
22:38:50  <Samu> but let's see what happens :)
22:39:55  <LordAro> Samu: i was imagining that you'd do something like GetName(GetBridgeID(sometile))
22:39:59  <LordAro> but whatever
22:40:37  <glx> LordAro: but there's already a loop
22:40:46  <LordAro> fair
22:40:48  <LordAro> i've not actually looked
22:41:10  <LordAro> it'd be interesting to get some code coverage out of the regression tests
22:42:52  <Samu>
22:42:55  <Samu> null!
22:43:25  <glx> makes sense for a non existing thing
22:43:38  <LordAro> ha
22:43:54  <LordAro> probably not necessary to test for that :p
22:44:24  <glx> Samu: update the message printed before the result too
22:44:40  <LordAro> Samu: i'd also change the print to something like GetName(VT_ROAD)
22:45:06  <LordAro> doesn't need to be "actual" code, just something that differentiates it
22:45:44  <glx> and a good check to do is to compare result.txt and the temp file to check only your changes are new
22:46:01  <glx> then you just copy temp file over result.txt
22:47:31  <glx> vbs version of regression is not as verbose as sh/awk version because it doesn't use diff
22:48:04  <LordAro> i guess there's no equivalent in the vbs world?
22:49:51  <glx> it could call an external tool but I try to use only stuff I'm sure are present on all machine without installing extra stuff
22:50:51  <glx> so basically it's just a read file 1 into a var1, read file 2 into var2, return var1 = var2
22:51:38  <glx> I just didn't want to write a diff clone ;)
22:51:50  <LordAro> understandable :p
22:52:26  * LordAro looks to see if cmake can diff files
22:52:27  <glx> and if regression fails on windows it will fail on other platforms too and CI will tell :)
22:53:38  <LordAro> cmake -E compare_files
22:53:43  <LordAro> well that's fine
22:54:25  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
22:56:00  <Samu>
22:56:03  <Samu> what u think?
22:56:36  <LordAro> i'd put it in the function call name
22:56:38  <Samu> hmm, i think i have a better idea
22:56:48  <LordAro> s/call//
22:58:27  <LordAro> also pretty sure it's not worth it to loop over "air bridges" :p
22:58:35  <LordAro> not sure it's worth doing the water bridges
22:59:32  <glx> and all that for just a "debug" info
22:59:32  *** Progman has quit IRC
22:59:39  <LordAro> mm
23:00:43  <glx> because I don't think an AI will explicitely need the bridge name
23:02:08  <glx> but as the data is available to human players via inspection tool, I agree it could be available to AI writers
23:03:04  <Samu> hmm, didn't become that much better
23:04:32  <LordAro> it's not worse
23:04:42  <LordAro> i'd get rid of the AIVehicle prefix, it's unnecessary
23:04:53  <Samu> ok
23:06:41  *** Wolf01 has quit IRC
23:07:49  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
23:08:01  <Samu>
23:08:17  <Samu> added some spacing, good or bad idea?
23:08:49  <LordAro> should be aligned with everything else
23:09:15  <Samu> ok
23:09:35  <Samu> both? or just those to the right?
23:09:48  <glx> the results
23:10:45  <Samu> oh it's not a loop
23:11:11  <Samu> it's...
23:11:13  <Samu> 		print("    GetName():");
23:11:13  <Samu> 		print("     VT_RAIL:            " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_RAIL));
23:11:13  <Samu> 		print("     VT_ROAD:            " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_ROAD));
23:11:13  <Samu> 		print("     VT_WATER:           " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_WATER));
23:11:13  <Samu> 		print("     VT_AIR:             " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_AIR));
23:11:30  <glx> it's inside the bridge loop
23:19:30  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick dismissed a review for pull request #6988: Change: AI/GS ScriptBridge::GetName takes one extra parameter to refer the vehicle type
23:19:31  <DorpsGek_II> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick updated pull request #6988: Change: AI/GS ScriptBridge::GetName takes one extra parameter to refer the vehicle type
23:25:25  *** dvim has quit IRC
23:33:35  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
23:34:12  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
23:42:21  *** Flygon has joined #openttd

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk