Log for #openttd on 23rd April 2020:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:35:46  *** rotterdxm has quit IRC
00:41:48  *** tokai has joined #openttd
00:41:48  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v tokai
00:47:25  *** tokai|noir has quit IRC
01:17:06  *** mcbanhas has quit IRC
01:20:42  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
01:22:58  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
01:27:00  *** gelignite has quit IRC
01:37:47  *** Flygon has joined #openttd
01:59:13  *** doug16k has joined #openttd
02:01:03  <doug16k> how many hundreds of thousands of dollars is it supposed to cost for me to build a train station beside my airport? I spend about half an hour painting the place with trees and bulldozing and painting and bulldozing and then gave them 0k for local road construction.
02:01:16  <doug16k> stil can't build it
02:02:43  <doug16k> I'd make a crater of the town if I could
02:03:41  <doug16k> can you add "terrorist attack" to the list of things you can do in the town authority?
02:04:38  <doug16k> it would be fun to destroy towns that piss me off
02:08:49  <doug16k> oops, looks like that airplane didn't quite land correctly. sorry for the devastation
02:10:14  <doug16k> we don't know how the pilot had a parachute
02:30:10  *** debdog has joined #openttd
02:33:36  *** D-HUND has quit IRC
02:46:39  *** jact[m] has quit IRC
02:47:39  *** tonyfinn[m] has quit IRC
02:51:39  *** julie[m] has quit IRC
02:53:44  *** yoltid[m] has quit IRC
03:06:01  <Eddi|zuHause> terrorist attacks didn't yet work like that when the game was released
03:08:09  *** glx has quit IRC
03:17:35  *** jact[m] has joined #openttd
03:28:39  *** tonyfinn[m] has joined #openttd
03:37:48  *** Wormnest_ has quit IRC
03:44:32  *** yoltid[m] has joined #openttd
03:46:26  *** julie[m] has joined #openttd
04:45:00  *** Gustavo6046 has quit IRC
05:14:24  *** Gustavo6046 has joined #openttd
05:25:58  *** Flygon has quit IRC
05:26:28  *** Flygon has joined #openttd
06:02:21  *** snail_UES_ has quit IRC
06:02:46  *** sla_ro|master has joined #openttd
06:56:03  *** Wolf01 has joined #openttd
07:08:08  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] auge8472 opened pull request #16: Format the elements in the page header
07:21:55  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
07:50:22  <andythenorth> hello
07:57:11  <Xaroth> o7
08:35:12  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] minexew commented on issue #8094: Feature: Map tooltips
08:36:09  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
09:01:08  *** gelignite has joined #openttd
09:10:53  *** Xetalim has joined #openttd
10:00:46  <FLHerne> doug16k: Town actions don't help your reputation
10:01:17  <Wolf01> Always nice when you have an application in production for 2 months and nobody noticed a critical error...
10:01:29  <FLHerne> doug16k: The only thing you can do to instantly boost your reputation is to plant trees, but only on tiles that previously didn't have any
10:02:03  <FLHerne> doug16k: Having stations with a good rating in a town causes your reputation to increase over time
10:02:37  <FLHerne> And having more stations, up to four, increases the speed of town growth
10:03:09  <FLHerne> So a common suggestion is to build a small bus network early on in each town you might be interested in
10:03:32  *** Xetalim has quit IRC
10:03:52  <FLHerne> doug16k: With trees, there's a bit of a hack if there's no space available to plant them
10:04:50  <FLHerne> Normally demolishing trees hurts your reputation more than planting new ones
10:05:29  <FLHerne> But if you demolish *loads* of trees, your rating reaches the lower limit and can't get any worse
10:06:02  <doug16k> oops. ya I messed up :)
10:06:12  <doug16k> I got a false positive trying it once before
10:06:20  <FLHerne> Oh, or bribes, of course
10:06:26  *** Smedles has quit IRC
10:07:00  <doug16k> false positive trying demolish+recreate trees to get it to let me build. seemed to work once
10:07:21  <doug16k> probably just didnt do far enough planting
10:07:49  *** Smedles has joined #openttd
10:08:06  <doug16k> I gave .3 million bribe and still didn't work
10:08:18  <FLHerne> For demolish->replace to work, you have to do it on about 200 tiles according to the wiki
10:08:26  <doug16k> is that supposed to be possible?
10:08:43  <FLHerne>
10:09:09  <FLHerne> I think it's an accepted hack at this point :P
10:09:40  <FLHerne> Preventing it somehow would just annoy people
10:09:42  <doug16k> how can you tell if the bribe was successful or not?
10:10:06  <doug16k> it just showed ridiculous $ amount float up and nothing
10:10:07  <FLHerne> It's always successful unless you get the 'Regional Investigator' popup
10:10:36  <FLHerne> But your rating can go down to -1000, and a bribe is only +100
10:10:40  <doug16k> so I did successful gigantic bribe and +800 won't et me build?
10:10:41  <FLHerne> +200, even
10:10:42  <doug16k> ah
10:11:19  <doug16k> ok thanks for explaining. that was ruining it a bit for me but now I see what's going on
10:11:41  <FLHerne> So you could need up to four to build a station, or five to demolish roads or even more to demolish buildings
10:12:16  <FLHerne> Best way is definitely to build a few buses or something and just not have a terrible reputation :P
10:12:37  <doug16k> there is a large airport in their city of mine
10:12:40  <doug16k> is that good?
10:12:55  <FLHerne> Depends on its station rating
10:13:08  <doug16k> raking in a fortune emptying into jumbo jets over and over
10:13:15  <FLHerne> Airports often get hugely overloaded, so you have loads of waiting passengers and the rating falls
10:13:29  <FLHerne> Even if they're well-served
10:13:52  <FLHerne> (because state-machine-based custom airports of arbitrary size don't exist yet :-( )
10:14:22  <doug16k> 148 passengers, 48 bags of mail right now. is that good?
10:14:32  <FLHerne> That should be ok
10:14:50  <FLHerne> By airport standards, that's positively great, even
10:14:55  <FLHerne> Hm
10:15:14  <FLHerne> Did you build your railway through a bazillion trees and *then* try to build the station?
10:15:29  <FLHerne> Always best to do it the other way round, cities really love their trees
10:15:46  <doug16k> it hits 0 when a plane arrives
10:16:03  <doug16k> probably a bazillion trees ya
10:16:16  <doug16k> ok
10:17:24  <doug16k> it's this crazy oil tanker backbone all across the top of the map, bringing untold loads to refinery way down the shore, with giant 8 rail max length station fed by docks, fed by 5 or 6 tankers
10:17:26  <FLHerne> If the airport has a good rating, your local-authority reputation will improve again over time
10:17:39  <FLHerne> Of course that might not help Right Now :P
10:17:45  <FLHerne>
10:18:11  <doug16k> lol
10:18:49  <doug16k> oh and I have the map on 1024x1024
10:19:24  <doug16k> so it's like 30-40 trains whizzing by with oil all day every day
10:19:35  <doug16k> er every lap
10:20:17  <doug16k> love conditional jump, can skip to unload and bypass when full
10:21:35  <doug16k> is it bad to have a giant 8 rail dock with up to a million oil in it at times?
10:21:44  <doug16k> if so they are furious about that
10:21:56  <doug16k> litres btw
10:22:11  <FLHerne> Hm, I've always found it awkward to manage capacity with conditional orders, so +1 if you've got it to work
10:22:52  <FLHerne> A million litres == 1000 of other cargos, so that's a fair bit but not ridiculous
10:23:01  <FLHerne> Really, just check the rating
10:23:34  <FLHerne> Oh, correction, I read the wiki and it doesn't matter...
10:24:21  <FLHerne> Town reputation goes up each month for stations that transferred cargo in the last 50 days, and down (more) for ones that didn't
10:24:47  <FLHerne> Amount waiting will hurt the station rating, but for a transfer station that doesn't matter
10:25:17  <FLHerne> I thought town reputation took the station rating into account, but it doesn't, only if it's serviced at all
10:30:05  *** Samu has joined #openttd
10:30:36  <Samu> holy smokes! looks like testing for aqueducts of length 4096 was slowing the pathfinder by a great deal!
10:30:51  <Samu> because it was testing each tile
10:30:58  <Samu> from 1 to 4096 length
10:31:16  <Samu> now, when it reaches the border or the map, it stops the search
10:31:44  <FLHerne> Er
10:31:58  <Samu> hi
10:32:00  <FLHerne> Isn't there a maximum bridge length << 4096?
10:32:36  <Samu> I set it to 4096, the max allowed
10:34:05  <Samu> the map was 256x256, so there was no point to search offsets higer than 256, 4096 means it would eventually reach the other axis
10:34:14  <Samu> leading to bugs
10:34:31  <Samu> wraps from one border to the other
10:44:12  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] saveman71 commented on issue #1128: Timetable based auto-separation patch
10:46:11  <FLHerne> Samu: Ok
10:48:28  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] saveman71 commented on issue #1128: Timetable based auto-separation patch
10:54:58  <Samu> holy smokes again! something that used to take 40 days, now takes 5
10:56:24  <Samu> look at that!
10:58:01  <Samu> granted im testing this with 250k ops/very fast
10:58:12  <Samu> but let me test defaults 10k/medium
11:01:32  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] MiguelHorta commented on issue #8094: Feature: Map tooltips
11:01:33  <Samu> ah snap can't change opcodes in a running game
11:15:50  <Samu> oh snap, those 5 days translate into 544 days on 10k ops/medium
11:15:53  <Samu> just tested
11:17:59  <Samu> depressing
11:18:27  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] andythenorth commented on pull request #16: Format the elements in the page header
11:24:13  *** skrzyp has quit IRC
11:24:26  *** skrzyp has joined #openttd
11:38:50  *** WormnestAndroid has quit IRC
11:39:03  *** WormnestAndroid has joined #openttd
11:39:38  *** WormnestAndroid has joined #openttd
12:36:32  *** Xetalim has joined #openttd
12:48:53  *** rotterdxm has joined #openttd
12:57:12  <Samu> ah, the adqueduct bug strikes again
12:58:05  <Samu> - line 733 tests as false :( should test as true
12:58:54  <Samu> that lock should not have been built
12:59:28  <Samu> when 1.10.2? :p
13:05:17  <LordAro> Samu: when there's enough things backportable to make it worthwhile :p
13:05:31  <LordAro> at present, i think it's just yours...
13:06:26  <peter1138> Maybe it's connected indirectly ;)
13:07:11  <peter1138> Also, VS Code is much nicer than Notepad++
13:10:05  <Samu> does it have squirrel? so far nothing has squirrel support
13:10:36  *** Wormnest_ has joined #openttd
13:23:19  <Samu> I don't know if i should bother with workarounds
13:23:45  <Samu> i have code that works around the bug, but then once next openttd is released, this code becomes obsolete
13:24:03  <LordAro> Samu: i'd suggest that the chances of that actually happening in a "real" scenario are pretty slim
13:27:57  <Samu> my dilema is... keep testing 1.10.1 or switch to current master ver
13:30:18  *** snail_UES_ has joined #openttd
13:34:25  <peter1138> If you're targetting a release, stick with that.
13:34:34  <peter1138> If you're trying to test OpenTTD, test master.
13:37:01  <Samu> im targetting a release, just not sure when
13:37:35  <Samu> eventually, as soon as the current stable openttd has it fixed, i just hope it's not for next year
13:42:09  *** Xetalim has quit IRC
13:42:28  *** nielsm has joined #openttd
13:45:09  <Samu> currently, I'm in the phase of bug hunting, performance improvement
13:45:20  <Samu> I consider it pretty much finished
13:46:56  <nielsm> amazing! I can hear stuff again!
13:57:49  <Wolf01> That's my reaction when I start netflix and unplug the headset I forgot from the daily calls
14:03:13  *** Wormnest_ has quit IRC
14:03:15  *** Xetalim has joined #openttd
14:09:51  *** Wormnest_ has joined #openttd
14:33:34  *** sla_ro|master has quit IRC
14:50:07  <doug16k> why can't I pick maglev construction if available trains has all the maglev stuff?
14:50:21  <doug16k> it's grayed out
14:50:40  <doug16k> monorail can be selected. no monorail cars exist
14:51:16  <doug16k> built from master last friday
14:54:01  <doug16k> weird, just converted some stuff to it to check and I can build it
14:54:04  <doug16k> sorry my bad
14:55:53  <doug16k> I could have sworn it asked if I wanted to try out a maglev engine
15:07:38  <doug16k> is it supposed to be possible for a monorail to get stuck on a short stretch of electrified track and wiggle back and forth a foot or so? when I try to convert it says a train is in the way
15:08:27  <doug16k> 7 squares long, monorail train is entirely on top of electrified tracks
15:09:04  <doug16k> none of the conversion was done when any trains were on that whole circuit
15:10:35  <doug16k> ah I know what it is. ok I'll wait a long time before asking next time lol
15:11:15  <doug16k> guess I have to kamakaze another train into it
15:12:46  <Wolf01> Yeah, you should send all the trains to depot, convert (even the depot) and replace the trains with the new type
15:16:47  *** Xetalim has quit IRC
15:23:03  *** Flygon has quit IRC
15:32:42  *** Tirili has joined #openttd
15:36:08  <FLHerne> doug16k: How did you manage that?
15:36:23  <FLHerne> You shouldn't be able to get a monorail onto electrified track at all
15:41:06  <nielsm> conversion tool?
15:44:19  <_dp_> I bet it's just not a monorail train
15:47:19  *** k-man_ has joined #openttd
15:53:53  *** k-man has quit IRC
16:20:54  <_dp_> is there an easy way to see engine id it the game?
16:27:40  *** Tirili has quit IRC
16:27:41  <FLHerne> nielsm: You can't convert if there's a train on the tile
16:28:03  <FLHerne> (if the railtype isn't compatible)
16:28:11  <FLHerne> Or at least you shouldn't be able to...
16:33:00  *** Tirili has joined #openttd
16:35:25  *** Progman has joined #openttd
16:40:02  *** sla_ro|master has joined #openttd
16:45:26  <Wolf01> FLHerne: there are some railtypes which allow compatibility in one direction for conversion, or just use universal rail type
16:47:45  <Samu> @calc 359/403
16:47:45  <DorpsGek> Samu: 0.890818858561
16:48:21  <Samu> amazing, there's more time to gain from that aqueduct check
16:48:27  <Samu> than I ever imagined
16:54:59  *** andythenorth has joined #openttd
16:55:38  <andythenorth> o/
16:55:46  <Wolf01> o/
17:18:34  <andythenorth> 110 open issues
17:18:37  <andythenorth> that's crap
17:18:43  * andythenorth predicts a bonfire
17:18:44  <TrueBrain> close some
17:18:45  <TrueBrain> duh
17:19:39  <andythenorth> they have to be valid for closing eh
17:20:05  <andythenorth> at first glance, they're all VERY IMPORTANT
17:26:29  <TrueBrain> you glanced in 2 minutes of 110 issues?
17:26:32  <TrueBrain> I dont believe that
17:39:11  <andythenorth> how is lockdown going TrueBrain?
17:42:06  <rotterdxm> hey andythenorth, still playing FIRS 4. i am having some weirdness with kaolin being transferred instead of deposited at the paper mill.
17:42:14  <rotterdxm> i can try to replicate
17:42:26  <andythenorth> do you have a 'no loading' order?
17:42:35  <andythenorth> at the drop off
17:42:40  <rotterdxm> no
17:42:55  <andythenorth> do you have cdist?
17:43:03  <rotterdxm> yes but only for passengers/mail
17:43:08  <andythenorth> hmm
17:43:31  <rotterdxm> i had ´through load´ accidentally set at the originating station
17:43:38  <rotterdxm> but that didn´t fix it
17:43:43  <rotterdxm> when i disabled it
17:44:09  <andythenorth> newgrf is very limited in influence on station
17:44:16  <andythenorth> either the industry and tiles accept, or they don't
17:44:41  <andythenorth> might be worth checking the land info tool on the industry tiles
17:45:07  <rotterdxm> when i set force unload they behaved as normal
17:45:32  <rotterdxm> but maybe it´s related to the new-ish catchment area setting...
17:46:11  <andythenorth> could be a FIRS acceptance bug, there are new methods for tile acceptance
17:46:27  <andythenorth> not something I've seen, unwanted transfers are usually caused by cdist backlinks
17:46:36  <rotterdxm> i figured something like that
17:47:03  <rotterdxm> because i just started using cdist recently
17:47:45  <rotterdxm> well, will report back when i find out a bit more. btw i am having a doozy of a time telling the 3 vehicle part factories apart in Steeltown because they look identical.
17:48:49  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: we are not in a lockdown. We are in a "smart" lockdown
17:48:52  <TrueBrain> :P
17:50:38  <andythenorth> rotterdxm $somebody needs to draw sprites for those eh :)
17:50:48  * andythenorth is actually looking forward to drawing those
17:51:43  <rotterdxm> well i already offered to send some sprites before, but if you want to draw em i will gladly see what you come up with. but maybe just shuffle the buildings around a bit or something, maybe some different cargo tiles instead of them all looking identical?
17:51:46  <rotterdxm> for now i mean
17:52:05  <andythenorth> I would like to :)
17:52:17  <andythenorth> but someone has to release nml, and reskin bananas, and reduce the OpenTTD issue count
17:52:31  <TrueBrain> just do everything at once
17:52:32  <TrueBrain> ;)
17:52:47  <rotterdxm> :D
17:52:52  <andythenorth> TrueBrain I am :)
17:52:56  <rotterdxm> ey no pressure
17:53:03  <andythenorth> LordAro can you approve these?
17:53:04  <rotterdxm> just giving some feedback
17:53:05  <andythenorth> :)
17:53:11  <andythenorth> appreciated, and I agree
17:53:42  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth merged pull request #93: Add release workflow
17:53:53  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: it doesn't publish it to OpenTTD CDN, but to PyPi
17:54:01  <andythenorth> ok I will fix
17:54:04  <andythenorth> thx
17:54:20  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro commented on pull request #99: Readme release instructions
17:54:45  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro approved pull request #97: Cleanup: remove .devzone dir, no longer required
17:54:48  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] TrueBrain commented on pull request #99: Readme release instructions
17:54:49  <andythenorth> LordAro I tend to agree, but now I have to fix opengfx also :P
17:55:01  <LordAro> :p
17:55:02  <rotterdxm> what´s needing a fix?
17:55:06  <rotterdxm> in openGFX
17:55:18  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro merged pull request #97: Cleanup: remove .devzone dir, no longer required
17:55:28  <TrueBrain> they forgot to bring my magnums today :( So now I am without dessert ..
17:55:32  <TrueBrain> how do I survive this?
17:55:42  <LordAro> pew pew
17:55:55  <TrueBrain> that is an expensive way to resolve that
17:56:20  <LordAro> you're the one who wanted magnums
17:56:52  <TrueBrain>
17:56:53  <TrueBrain> you silly
17:57:14  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth updated pull request #99: Readme release instructions
17:57:45  <andythenorth> TrueBrain
17:57:50  <andythenorth> scooter to holland
18:06:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7767: Large numbers of trains and signals cause low FPS
18:06:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7767: Large numbers of trains and signals cause low FPS
18:06:41  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7770: Current-location indicator in orders list missing
18:06:41  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7770: Current-location indicator in orders list missing
18:06:59  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7799: Vehicle health indicator
18:07:00  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7799: Vehicle health indicator
18:07:03  <TrueBrain> spam
18:08:00  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7813: export map into picture
18:08:00  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7813: export map into picture
18:08:14  <andythenorth> channel flood
18:08:16  <andythenorth> who would do that
18:09:05  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7814: More track for the same cost
18:09:06  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7814: More track for the same cost
18:09:50  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7629: Option to upscale game by nearest neighbour
18:09:50  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7629: Option to upscale game by nearest neighbour
18:10:32  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7618: Assertion failure loading savegame with missing grf
18:10:32  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7618: Assertion failure loading savegame with missing grf
18:14:27  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #8077: Toll
18:14:27  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #8077: Toll
18:17:57  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7879: Train routes labeling
18:17:57  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7879: Train routes labeling
18:18:58  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7939: Feature Request: Moving/Relocating/Offsetting (Certain) Industries
18:18:58  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7939: Feature Request: Moving/Relocating/Offsetting (Certain) Industries
18:19:42  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #7839: [Suggestion] Addition of cargo icons in the corporate Industries window and all own windows of industries
18:19:42  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth closed issue #7839: [Suggestion] Addition of cargo icons in the corporate Industries window and all own windows of industries
18:19:55  <andythenorth> I should stop, I make people sad
18:26:37  <rotterdxm> how come
18:26:47  <rotterdxm> because suggested features not implemented?
18:29:49  <andythenorth> mostly because channel spam
18:31:24  *** Wormnest_ has quit IRC
18:35:48  *** WormnestAndroid has quit IRC
18:35:57  *** WormnestAndroid has joined #openttd
18:38:08  <LordAro> oh no
18:38:13  <LordAro> andy did an andy
18:39:06  <andythenorth> you won't be able to find my actual PR in that spam :P
18:39:09  <andythenorth> oof
18:40:19  *** Xetalim has joined #openttd
18:41:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth updated pull request #99: Readme release instructions
18:43:02  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro approved pull request #99: Readme release instructions
18:43:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro closed issue #42: Document how to release nmlc, including building a windows binary
18:43:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro merged pull request #99: Readme release instructions
18:50:05  <LordAro> wait, why is the release CI running
18:50:58  <LordAro> because "branches: - master"
18:51:57  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro opened pull request #101: Fix: [Actions] Only run the release pipeline on release
18:58:40  <andythenorth> I'm minded to approve that
18:58:49  <andythenorth> don't really know what it does, but looks sensible
18:59:07  <LordAro> means it doesn't run the release pipeline everytime master branch gets updated
18:59:23  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth approved pull request #101: Fix: [Actions] Only run the release pipeline on release
19:02:08  <andythenorth> oh we're all clapping
19:02:12  * andythenorth does some clapping
19:02:19  <LordAro> i was wondering what the clanging noise outside was
19:04:53  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth merged pull request #101: Fix: [Actions] Only run the release pipeline on release
19:05:49  <Samu> @calc 343/403
19:05:49  <DorpsGek> Samu: 0.85111662531
19:06:11  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] andythenorth commented on issue #43: Release nml 0.5.x to provide NotRoadTypes support for nml authors
19:07:09  <Samu> can't squeeze more performance out of this GetAqueduct check
19:08:55  <Samu> hey _dp_, since you're an expert in getting more performance out of things..
19:09:11  <Samu> - what can you do here?
19:14:08  <Samu> oops line 29 is to be removed, that was a leftover i forgot to delete
19:14:48  <Samu> in this case
19:14:51  <Samu> @calc 339/403
19:14:52  <DorpsGek> Samu: 0.841191066998
19:18:18  <andythenorth> LordAro should we be concerned about the recently failing checks on nml?
19:18:46  <LordAro> andythenorth: that's what #101 fixes :p
19:18:47  <andythenorth> at least some of them are a variant of
19:19:34  <andythenorth> ok so when we run push only a tagged version, #100 should not manifest
19:19:38  <andythenorth> -run
19:20:10  <LordAro> yeah
19:20:20  <LordAro> though we do need to address #100 separately
19:20:34  <LordAro> currently it's trying to push nml with a broken revision to pypi
19:20:56  <andythenorth> #100 is just another variant of 'get a rev from git'?
19:21:04  <andythenorth> like for everywhere else since we moved to git?
19:21:06  <LordAro> basically, yeah
19:21:53  <andythenorth> seems in newgrf I just take number of commits in current branch
19:22:01  <andythenorth> and cross-branch versions aren't safe :)
19:22:27  <LordAro> aye
19:22:31  <andythenorth> revision = exe_cmd(['git', 'rev-list', '--count', 'HEAD'])
19:23:49  <_dp_> Samu, I know nothing about squirrel performance
19:24:04  <_dp_> only noticed you can skip IsValidTile check and test height for -1 instead
19:24:52  <Samu> the valid tile check is there to avoid wrap
19:24:59  <Samu> going through the borders
19:25:41  <Samu> hmm let me see if I can do without it
19:25:59  <_dp_> GetMaxHeight checks for valid tile
19:26:04  <andythenorth> nml changelog is relatively large this time
19:26:13  <andythenorth> not released since 2018 :)
19:26:27  <_dp_> though idk how expensive are api calls from squirrel, may not be any faster
19:27:50  <nielsm> squirrel doesn't do any JIT so I don't think calls back to the host are particularly much more expensive than regular object manipulation
19:28:14  <Samu> 338 now! thx _dp_ 1 less tick
19:28:50  <andythenorth> hmm
19:29:07  *** glx has joined #openttd
19:29:07  *** ChanServ sets mode: +v glx
19:29:21  <Samu> i suppose i need a bigger sample, 338 ticks is a too short sample
19:29:27  <_dp_> Samu, well, if you're hunting every tick you can try moving e_max_height > s_max_height before minheight call)
19:29:39  <andythenorth> FLHerne did you figure out where version originates?  I am looking at
19:29:45  * andythenorth slightly lost
19:30:29  <Samu> alright, lets do that
19:30:58  <Samu> holy crap, 261 ticks? that can't be right, right?
19:31:16  <nielsm> Eddi|zuHause, can you update ?
19:31:59  <Samu> how do u spot these obvious things...!
19:32:16  <nielsm> experience is my guess
19:33:45  <Samu> this can't be right...
19:34:11  <nielsm> hm how many commits would be appropriate for this?
19:34:34  <nielsm> just one with everything, or do the layout cache thing first and then add the buttons feature on
19:34:58  <glx> andythenorth: it uses
19:35:26  <glx> which then calls stuff in the commit you're looking at
19:36:04  <andythenorth> thanks glx
19:36:15  <andythenorth> I'm not planning to try and fix this, beyond my skills
19:36:15  <Samu> I don't see aqueducts being built now, I guess it's wrong
19:36:40  <_dp_> Samu, well, that condition looks wrong indeed but moving it around should'n rly change much
19:37:32  <glx> just need to fix line 125 and 127 in this file I think
19:38:32  <Samu> it builds aqueducts but tiny ones
19:38:38  <Samu> not everything is lost
19:38:45  <_dp_> ah, nvm, I thought it builds tunnels for whatever reason xD
19:39:47  <Samu> i think the swap isn't working too well, i was supposed to see more aqueducts
19:40:01  <_dp_> e_min_height < s_min_height looks fishy then
19:40:20  <_dp_> should be continue not return afaict
19:41:07  <Samu> height difference between min and max can be 2
19:41:16  <Samu> if it's 2, aqueducts can't be built
19:41:42  <Samu> but I better have my old function back and do an assert comparing the results of both
19:44:03  <_dp_> Samu, huh? aqueducts can be built over gap of any depth afaict like any other bridge
19:45:33  <Samu> this is the old one
19:46:06  <Samu> that one would result 403 ticks
19:47:10  <_dp_> well, ofc, it can make more bridges after all
19:47:25  <Samu> it can only make 1 aqueduct
19:47:37  <Samu> it was over checking
19:47:38  <_dp_> Samu, you should replicate checks that CmdBuildBridge does
19:49:25  <_dp_> hm... or not...
19:49:33  <_dp_> toes command waste a tick if it fails test?
19:51:08  <_dp_> don't think so, so probably only checks for max height and objects make sense
19:52:21  <_dp_> basically, for anything that will fail every longer bridge
19:52:45  *** frosch123 has joined #openttd
19:53:05  <nielsm> a command should only cost a tick if it executes
19:53:14  <nielsm> as far as I understand
19:54:23  <andythenorth> mmmm
19:54:27  * andythenorth had rice AND chips
19:54:30  <andythenorth> classic combo
19:56:28  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 opened pull request #17: PR of the day
19:58:22  <frosch123> i should probably install black or something
20:02:43  <andythenorth> when is the bananas deadline?
20:02:44  <Samu> back to 338 ticks, the results for 261 were asserting
20:03:23  <LordAro> andythenorth: i think blathijs said this weekend?
20:03:57  <andythenorth> I have themed 80% of new bananas to the old theme
20:04:06  <frosch123> either 2020-04-30 or 2020-05-06, i am not sure about the fine print
20:04:08  <andythenorth> I've kind of run out of brain for the rest today
20:04:20  <andythenorth> I need to write the nml changelog before bedtime
20:04:55  <andythenorth> branch is here
20:05:08  <andythenorth> basically manager forms need theming
20:08:59  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 updated pull request #17: PR of the day
20:13:00  <Samu> gonna content myself with 338 ticks for now
20:13:12  <Samu> contend?
20:14:41  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] frosch123 opened issue #34: /package/<content-type>/<unique-id> gives 200 for unknown unique-id
20:16:08  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] frosch123 opened issue #35: /package/<content-type>/<unique-id>/<upload-date> gives 500 for unknown unique-id/upload-date
20:17:53  <andythenorth> Samu 'content'
20:19:49  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] TrueBrain approved pull request #17: PR of the day
20:19:56  <TrueBrain> minor nitpick
20:20:02  <TrueBrain> don't care if you fix it or not :)
20:20:12  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] frosch123 opened issue #36: Cache validation result of individual uploaded files
20:20:47  <Samu> another big mess of a function chain is this:
20:21:07  <TrueBrain> right ... I finally have the beginning of the NLB running .. it now spins up 2 EC2 instances, and it can start Traefik
20:21:12  <Samu> it starts with the inability for API to get the "other depot tile"
20:21:14  <TrueBrain> now .. I need to write the config, and automate it
20:21:18  <TrueBrain> should be done by the end of tomorrow :D
20:21:22  <Samu> so that code is the workaround
20:22:07  <Samu> _dp_, any hints for improving performance
20:22:33  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] TrueBrain commented on issue #36: Cache validation result of individual uploaded files
20:24:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 dismissed a review for pull request #17: PR of the day
20:24:13  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 updated pull request #17: PR of the day
20:24:37  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] TrueBrain approved pull request #17: PR of the day
20:24:47  <TrueBrain> just improving your Python skills frosch123  :P :P :P
20:25:19  <frosch123> i still refuse to use f""
20:25:25  <TrueBrain> AWS and CDK can be fun .. took 2 hours to write 20 lines of code :P
20:25:26  <frosch123> mixing code and formatting is bad
20:25:56  <TrueBrain> there is a high chance there will be a PR sooner or later changing all your mix of "" + "" and .format() into f-strings, I am afraid
20:26:06  <TrueBrain> :P
20:26:25  <TrueBrain> f-strings are nice, as they make things a lot more readable. But I agree it is mixing two worlds. Just the alternatives are kinda worse ..
20:26:35  <TrueBrain> but I have this issue with all languages
20:26:45  <TrueBrain> especially when you consider translations
20:27:40  <TrueBrain> right, 1 week left
20:27:46  <TrueBrain> you think we can go live by then frosch123 ?
20:27:54  <frosch123> c++ took 22 years to replace operator<< with .format, now python does the opposite :p
20:27:58  *** mcbanhas has joined #openttd
20:28:11  <TrueBrain> well, << is equal to the Python + I guess?
20:28:17  *** mcbanhas_ has joined #openttd
20:28:22  <mcbanhas_> hello
20:28:26  <andythenorth> oh f-strings :D
20:28:35  <andythenorth> they're passingly similar to using template
20:29:06  * andythenorth learns a new thing
20:29:23  *** mcbanhas has quit IRC
20:29:37  <TrueBrain> considering we are the worst in beta-testing things like BaNaNaS anyway, I guess a few days of beta-testing is more than sufficient :D
20:29:49  <Eddi|zuHause> i've never understood C++ << operator
20:29:59  <TrueBrain> we just ask a few people to upload something, and if that works, YOLO?
20:30:12  <andythenorth> YOLO, LOL, P4NWED?
20:30:14  <Eddi|zuHause> why not use + instead like normal languages?
20:30:35  <frosch123> TrueBrain: do you know from the top of you head, do upload-token expire?
20:30:49  <mcbanhas_> so what exactly will change with these so-called BaNaNaS upgrades?
20:31:00  <Eddi|zuHause> also, python's .format() is rather new? in python2 it was done by %
20:31:06  <TrueBrain> frosch123: yes, after 15 minutes
20:31:12  <frosch123> it occured to me that people would start a 1GB upload, go for a walk, and want to publish their stuff after 4 hours
20:31:34  <TrueBrain> that is fair
20:31:39  <TrueBrain> what I want to prevent, is the disk getting full
20:31:45  <TrueBrain> there is ~20GB of temporary disk
20:31:47  <andythenorth> Eddi|zuHause real people do 'foo ' + bar + ' more foo ' + cabbage.get_name()
20:31:49  <andythenorth> or something
20:31:53  <andythenorth> none of this % stuff
20:32:00  <andythenorth> imagine the i18n
20:32:04  <TrueBrain> so we need to have a balance between the system surviving, and how people will use it
20:32:16  <frosch123> TrueBrain: frontend session expires after 16 hours
20:32:16  <TrueBrain> mcbanhas_: how do you mean, "so-called"? :)
20:32:27  <_dp_> I switched to newer python just for the f-strings when it first released
20:32:29  <frosch123> so i suggest to make upload-tokens expire together with their session
20:32:32  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] glx22 opened pull request #102: Fix #100: follow PEP440 when generating version
20:32:45  <TrueBrain> frosch123: I have no issue to start with these kind of values
20:32:54  <TrueBrain> we can always lower it if there is an issue
20:33:12  <mcbanhas_> TrueBrain: just a figured of speech
20:33:17  <TrueBrain> mcbanhas_:  :D
20:33:22  <TrueBrain> frosch123: API sessions expire after 14 hours btw :P
20:33:47  <TrueBrain> frosch123: but I synced the frontend to the same value
20:33:54  <TrueBrain> when I was copy/pasting stuff
20:34:01  <TrueBrain> so frontend is equal to API
20:34:05  *** Progman has quit IRC
20:34:13  <TrueBrain> mcbanhas_: what do you want to know?
20:34:48  *** Progman has joined #openttd
20:35:02  <andythenorth> would anyone write the nml 0.5 changelog?  Then I can style some more bananas instead
20:35:10  <TrueBrain> frosch123: but, yea or nah to the deadline of the 30th? You see any blockers?
20:35:32  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] frosch123 opened issue #37: Increase upload-token expiration time
20:35:33  <mcbanhas_> TrueBrain: just give me a quick rundown
20:36:15  <TrueBrain> we are rewriting it. It is almost done. It needs testers:
20:36:30  * andythenorth really likes flask, it's so simple
20:37:01  <frosch123> TrueBrain: in current state, the first complaint will be from samu, when he cannot upload his next ai/library :)
20:37:12  <mcbanhas_> TrueBrain: How can I help testing?
20:37:17  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] TrueBrain commented on issue #37: Increase upload-token expiration time
20:37:32  <frosch123> mcbanhas_: <- try to break it
20:37:34  <TrueBrain> mcbanhas_: try breaking it, and try if it works :)
20:38:00  <TrueBrain> frosch123: that is a fair complaint; so we have to fix that before launch
20:38:20  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 merged pull request #17: PR of the day
20:38:28  <TrueBrain> I hope we can test in-game support this weekend
20:38:41  <Samu> BaNaNaS (staging) by OpenTTD
20:38:41  <Samu> wants to access your SamuXarick account
20:38:52  <_dp_> lol wtf, scrolling login name xD
20:39:03  <TrueBrain> frosch123: owh, and of course we need a way to change packages from OpenTTD accounts to GitHub accounts
20:39:11  <TrueBrain> still no clue what is the easiest approach there :D
20:39:23  <frosch123> should i regret that the marquee is mentioned every day?
20:39:32  <TrueBrain> yes :D You should :D
20:39:33  <LordAro> :D
20:39:37  <TrueBrain> (and because of that, enjoy it :D)
20:40:06  <frosch123> TrueBrain: good point, the frontpage should give instructions
20:40:23  <TrueBrain> and .. we should have a procedure :P
20:40:45  <TrueBrain> I have an idea, but I have to test it out. But I am sure we figure this out
20:40:46  <andythenorth> oof
20:41:02  <TrueBrain> worst case the instructions are: create an issue on GitHub :P
20:41:19  <TrueBrain> it is not like we have THAT many uploaders a month :P
20:41:24  *** nielsm has quit IRC
20:41:28  <TrueBrain> owh, and one other thing: we currently don't have download stats
20:41:40  <frosch123> i thought that's a feature
20:41:50  <frosch123> i sorted the list by upload-date of latest version
20:41:52  <TrueBrain> what my issue is a bit: of course I can fix the current BaNaNaS to live a bit longer, but postponing this only means adding months, not weeks :P
20:41:55  <frosch123> that's more useful imo
20:42:09  <TrueBrain> I agree
20:42:17  <TrueBrain> but it is nice to know, I guess .. e-peen
20:42:18  <TrueBrain> hmm
20:42:22  <TrueBrain> not doing it is cheaper :P
20:42:35  <frosch123> does s3 have such stats?
20:42:40  <mcbanhas_> Anything you'd might recommending that can act as stress-testing, beyond randomly clicking everything on screen?
20:42:40  <TrueBrain> no
20:42:48  <TrueBrain> but there are access-logs, I guess
20:42:50  <Samu>
20:42:53  <Samu> error
20:43:06  <TrueBrain> mcbanhas_: upload a scenario, a heightmap, a newgrf, a base set, a script
20:43:14  <TrueBrain> be creative
20:43:18  <mcbanhas_> ok
20:43:32  <frosch123> mcbanhas_: scenarios and heightmaps are most untested (from my point of view)
20:43:37  <LordAro> that was fast, Samu
20:43:42  <Samu> there is a new version of opengfx available
20:43:52  <Samu> 0.5.5 is newer than 0.6.0 apparently
20:43:59  <Samu> i clicked and error
20:44:10  <TrueBrain> you clicked from where?
20:44:12  <TrueBrain> as that URL is wrong
20:44:25  <Samu>
20:44:27  <TrueBrain> and why isn't sentry creating a traceback for me ..
20:44:29  <Samu> click on 0.5.5
20:44:36  <TrueBrain> frosch123: ^^ :)
20:44:40  <Samu> Please use version 0.5.5 for new games
20:44:56  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] auge8472 commented on pull request #16: Format the elements in the page header
20:45:02  <TrueBrain> (and the 0.6.0 vs 0.5.5 is me being funny, to be clear)
20:45:04  <LordAro> version new-ness is based on upload date, rather than version number?
20:45:15  <frosch123> ah yes, i noticed, the frontend has no 404 page, only 500
20:45:32  <LordAro> i guess that makes sense, given there's no sane way to determine ordering
20:45:51  <frosch123> yes
20:45:58  <TrueBrain> frosch123: yeah, it isn't even a backtrace :D It is the API failed flow
20:46:24  <TrueBrain> LordAro: and in the future, we will allow setting what is available for new games and what is not
20:46:30  *** WormnestAndroid has quit IRC
20:46:35  <glx> samu is very good to find unusual bugs :)
20:46:36  <TrueBrain> but yeah ... if you upload an older version later in time ... that sounds like a rare event :P
20:46:36  <milek7> how i'm supposed to upload script? .tar?
20:46:43  <TrueBrain> file-by-file, for now
20:46:48  <TrueBrain> there is a ticket to add tar/zip support
20:46:49  *** sla_ro|master has quit IRC
20:46:54  <TrueBrain> so no folder support for now via the webinterface
20:46:57  <TrueBrain> use the CLI for that :)
20:46:58  <andythenorth> something is fucked up in these styles
20:47:04  * andythenorth is just grumbling aloud
20:47:04  <blathijs> LordAro: andythenorth: Did I say anything about a bananas deadline this weekend? Huh?
20:47:10  <milek7> uh
20:47:11  <LordAro> blathijs: an nml deadline
20:47:12  <andythenorth> I need a css linter
20:47:13  <frosch123> milek7: ai may work, gs are impossible
20:47:19  <milek7> how to specify subdirectories?
20:47:20  <frosch123> it won't accept your lang files
20:47:28  <TrueBrain> frosch123: we need to disable API failed loggings when people hit publish and validation fails btw. This will spam my logs :D
20:47:48  <andythenorth> oh frosch123 ha ha, I got smacked by the CSP for inline styles :D
20:47:54  <andythenorth> that's 10 minutes I won't get back
20:47:55  <LordAro> TrueBrain: can you not have more than one log? :p
20:47:56  <TrueBrain> milek7: if you have subfolders, you have to use the CLI for now:
20:48:19  <TrueBrain> LordAro: I have many many many logs; but logs should be clean, and only records stuff that I can fix :)
20:48:24  <TrueBrain> not user-errors :)
20:48:35  <blathijs> LordAro: Yeah, that was 2020-05-05 (actually a bit before, since I need to package, test and upload a new version before then)
20:48:49  <frosch123> TrueBrain: i noticed that you can access the page for editing content of other people by hand-crafting the url. you will only get an error on post
20:49:00  <blathijs> Not a hard deadline though, I can always just backport the fix and upload that.
20:49:01  <frosch123> i guess that counts is punishment?
20:49:14  <LordAro> blathijs: nah, we should be good for a new nml release in the next couple of days
20:49:20  <TrueBrain> frosch123: on the web or on the API?
20:49:20  <andythenorth> I no longer debate inline styles with anyone :P
20:49:28  <andythenorth> nobody has ever been able to show they're not in the spec :P
20:49:31  <blathijs> LordAro: Great
20:49:42  <LordAro> TrueBrain: until you need to debug why someone is complaining about validation failures?
20:49:57  <andythenorth> does anyone here actually know how to write css?
20:50:00  * andythenorth never writes it
20:50:04  <TrueBrain> LordAro: there are other ways for that; and these logs are not application logs :)
20:50:09  <LordAro> TrueBrain: :)
20:50:16  <TrueBrain> it is very simple .. every log-line costs money
20:50:16  <LordAro> andythenorth: "it depends"
20:50:17  <TrueBrain> not much
20:50:21  <andythenorth> how do I target nested elements in a maintainable way?
20:50:30  <andythenorth> oh nvm, we're deleting all this next month anyway
20:50:35  * andythenorth only writes LESS
20:50:41  <milek7> aiohttp.client_exceptions.ContentTypeError: 0, message='Attempt to decode JSON with unexpected mimetype: text/html; charset=utf-8', url=URL('')
20:50:42  <andythenorth> haven't done css for about 10 years
20:50:53  <milek7> huh?
20:51:04  <frosch123> TrueBrain: the API only has one GET. but the frontend has two pages, which both call the same API GET, but one display the info as-it, and the other displays it as form for editing
20:51:24  <TrueBrain> frosch123: ah; so that is fine I guess :)
20:51:25  <frosch123> so non-owners can get the form, edit stuff, and then get rejected on post
20:52:16  <TrueBrain> milek7: let mecheck where we fucked up
20:53:41  <TrueBrain> milek7: don't end the api-url with a slash
20:54:08  <milek7> i didn't
20:54:15  <milek7> python -m bananas_cli --api-url '' list-self
20:54:37  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-cli] TrueBrain opened issue #5: Ending the API URL on a slash results in an error
20:55:06  <milek7> ah ok
20:55:07  <milek7> wrong url
20:55:12  <TrueBrain> ah, yes :)
20:55:26  <TrueBrain> that of course is a very temporary issue
20:55:37  <LordAro> andythenorth: well it's basically the same, except without the nesting and the (nicer) variables
20:55:39  <TrueBrain> but you found a bug nevertheless :D
20:56:18  <TrueBrain> I see people trying really long URLs :D
20:56:48  <Xaroth> break alllll the things
20:56:53  <TrueBrain> frosch123: so, no more download stats?
20:57:39  <frosch123> it's a nice-to-have for owners
20:57:55  <TrueBrain> I can keep logs for now, so we can update the stats later, I guess
20:57:56  <frosch123> but public ones are misleading and meh
20:58:57  <frosch123> TrueBrain: the logs contain content-id, unique-id and md5sum(-partial)?
20:59:10  <milek7> CLI didn't ask for TOS acceptance :P
20:59:11  <frosch123> i.e. something to identify the exact version of the content
20:59:34  <TrueBrain> I have access logs on the ALB and CloudFront, on the exact URL
20:59:44  <TrueBrain> so for the downloads I have the exact file which was downloaded
20:59:52  <TrueBrain> longer answer to say: yes
21:00:09  <frosch123> do we care to port the stats from old bananas?
21:00:21  <frosch123> or is it a new season?
21:00:32  <TrueBrain> I will store them for now
21:00:40  <TrueBrain> so once we implement download-stats, we can add them
21:00:47  <TrueBrain> but I think the new system will not so much show total downloads
21:00:55  <TrueBrain> as that just increases with age
21:00:56  <LordAro> it would be a shame to lose them
21:01:02  <LordAro> but not a great loss if it's difficult to add
21:01:03  <TrueBrain> I think it is morelike: downloads last week, downloads last month
21:01:16  <frosch123> for transfering ownership from ottd, we should have a backup of displayname to email somewhere, before the ldap is killed
21:01:17  <TrueBrain> LordAro: it is more, what does it add (value-wise) to have them, except e-peen?
21:01:30  <TrueBrain> LDAP will be operational for a while
21:01:37  <TrueBrain> but yes
21:01:44  *** rotterdxm has quit IRC
21:02:20  <TrueBrain> hmm, I guess a nice graph per package and per version, how they did over the last N time
21:02:21  <TrueBrain> 90 days maybe
21:02:32  <TrueBrain> we will figure something out
21:02:35  <TrueBrain> but yeah, not for now
21:02:39  <TrueBrain> I just store all information for now
21:02:42  <TrueBrain> and we parse that shit later :)
21:03:10  <andythenorth> frosch123 I styled the package info page, it's a bit of a car crash, but eh, done
21:03:22  <TrueBrain> andythenorth: PR it
21:03:30  <TrueBrain> it can't be worse
21:03:31  <TrueBrain> so .. :)
21:03:42  <andythenorth> there's more to come
21:03:50  <TrueBrain> you don't have to do everything at once :)
21:03:51  <andythenorth> but I'll set the PR up
21:03:52  <LordAro> with screenshots
21:03:56  <TrueBrain> iterations are good :)
21:04:07  <andythenorth> LordAro you can build your own it takes 30s to get flask running
21:04:21  <LordAro> yeah, but i can't be bothered to checkout another PR
21:04:34  <frosch123> TrueBrain: there are a lot of overlapping text with the new css, so some pages are unusable
21:04:39  <TrueBrain> when this is all done etc, I really want to look into deploying PRs to a staging :P
21:04:53  <andythenorth> I'm forked from frosch, so I can't PR to OpenTTD
21:04:56  <andythenorth> merge conflicts
21:05:05  <andythenorth>
21:05:16  <LordAro> rebase it then
21:05:27  <andythenorth> it's a static branch dedicated to styling
21:05:36  <frosch123> LordAro: don't shoot in his foot
21:05:37  <LordAro> so it'll be easy to rebase
21:05:48  <andythenorth> I think I stick to one thing at a time
21:06:11  <TrueBrain>
21:07:00  <TrueBrain> if you get that in a state you are happy, I am sure one of us can help you get it rebased ready for PR andythenorth
21:07:05  <TrueBrain> don't waste your time on that for now plz :)
21:07:30  <TrueBrain> so forget about me asking for a PR, just continue as you go :)
21:07:43  <andythenorth> \o/
21:07:51  <TrueBrain> awh, you used the bananas logo :D
21:07:54  <andythenorth> you can add me as remote if any of you badly want to see it
21:07:59  <TrueBrain> exactly :)
21:07:59  <andythenorth> also
21:09:04  <TrueBrain> right; lets get a good night sleep, and tomorrow, lets fix this network routing issue on AWS, so we can also test ingame :D
21:09:09  <TrueBrain> that most likely will show a few more errors :P
21:09:23  <frosch123> is there somethnig similar to dict.update, that adds new keys, but does not replace existing ones?
21:09:44  <TrueBrain> that is a bit unusual to want, so I don't think so
21:10:08  <TrueBrain> for key, value in new_dict.items(): if key not in old_dict: old_dict[key] = value
21:10:11  <TrueBrain> :D
21:10:39  <_dp_> a.update(p for p in b.items() if b[0] not in a)
21:10:54  <_dp_> p[0]
21:10:57  <TrueBrain> :D
21:10:59  <TrueBrain> was about to say :P
21:11:02  <frosch123> nah, then i rather do a 3-way swap
21:11:14  <TrueBrain> what-ever makes you feel happy
21:11:20  * andythenorth will do theme until 10.30
21:11:21  <Xaroth> map(lambda x, y: old_dict.setdefault(x, y), new_dict)
21:11:33  <TrueBrain> night all :) Keep the bugs coming, report them in the GitHub repos as you find them plz :) (with some details :P)
21:11:35  <_dp_> also a = {**b, **a}
21:11:37  <frosch123> tmp = b; tmp.update(a), a = tmp
21:11:52  <frosch123> oh, that is an interesting option
21:11:58  <TrueBrain> you all scare the shit out of me :P
21:12:06  <TrueBrain> I am so happy performance is not an issue :P
21:12:12  <TrueBrain> but please don't make spagety Python
21:12:30  <TrueBrain> it is better to use fors like I used, than to do weird shit, because "it looks cool", but nobody really understands :P
21:12:41  <andythenorth> forms in tables eh :D
21:13:02  <TrueBrain> readability is kinda important these days in programming languages
21:13:05  <Xaroth> [old_dict.setdefault(key, value) for key, value in new_dict.items()] ?
21:13:13  <Xaroth> a for loop for you :P
21:13:32  <TrueBrain> yeah ... I am really going to find my bed here ... it seems something broke in this channel .. I think it is sanity :)
21:13:49  <Xaroth> Pretty sure it broke quite a while ago :P
21:13:52  <_dp_> ** thing is somewhat of an idiom
21:14:08  <andythenorth> are we golfing now?
21:14:10  <andythenorth> oof
21:14:23  <TrueBrain> pretty sure most people will have to read it a few times to understand; but I guess the fact what he asks is already something that requires a comment :)
21:14:24  <_dp_> it's like wtf for 1 minute when you first see it but pretty useful nonetheless
21:15:14  <TrueBrain> and _dp_ , let us know if your XSS works :P
21:15:38  <_dp_> idk, I'm getting rusty :(
21:15:51  <_dp_> it kinda should but doesn't
21:15:53  <andythenorth> form inputs might need some labels :D
21:15:58  <TrueBrain> your XSS looks fine; but I hope it is outputted in "safe" mode :)
21:17:42  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-api] TrueBrain opened issue #38: Validate URL to be an URL
21:17:42  * andythenorth wonders if jinja supports <!--! comments
21:18:02  <TrueBrain> _dp_: ^^ at least you found a bug :D
21:18:20  * andythenorth learns it doesn't
21:18:48  <_dp_> ehm, rly? xD
21:19:03  <_dp_> I have a feeling that my ff is too smart
21:19:41  <_dp_> It somehow fixes even broken html
21:19:46  <Xaroth> andythenorth: `{# commented stuff #}`
21:20:13  <Xaroth> but <!-- --> is still valid html, so jinja should not break over it
21:20:14  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 opened pull request #18: Fix: link to latest version.
21:20:18  <andythenorth> yeah I wanted <!--!
21:20:20  <andythenorth> nvm
21:20:57  <Xaroth> {# #} is more for template commenting, <!-- --> is more for output commenting
21:21:13  <Xaroth> (seeing the latter ends up what the client can see, the former gets removed from output altogether)
21:21:17  <_dp_> TrueBrain, btw, it validates for smth
21:21:50  <andythenorth> chameleon drops <!--! comments, but editors think they're html syntax, so apply syntax hinting nicely
21:21:55  <andythenorth> nvm
21:22:04  <_dp_> TrueBrain, just seems to accept javascript as a valid url xD
21:22:40  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] TrueBrain approved pull request #18: Fix: link to latest version.
21:23:00  <andythenorth> ouch, the 'upload new content' page :)
21:23:06  <andythenorth> that won't get done before bedtime
21:24:22  <andythenorth>
21:24:45  <andythenorth> quak package edit is done though
21:25:25  <frosch123> _dp_: the CSP is supposed to block all js in html elements
21:28:49  <andythenorth> done this one
21:29:02  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-cli] frosch123 opened issue #6: Prompt for TOS acceptance
21:29:08  <andythenorth> "and now this channel is closing for the evening" :D
21:29:13  <andythenorth> we should do that, like TV used to
21:29:34  *** Samu has quit IRC
21:30:56  <_dp_> frosch123, oh, that thing... smartass modern browsers
21:31:06  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/bananas-frontend-web] frosch123 merged pull request #18: Fix: link to latest version.
21:32:55  <andythenorth> frosch123 I am being dense, can't find the template for 'This content is archived and is no longer available for new games.'
21:33:09  <frosch123> package_info and version_info
21:33:11  <andythenorth> we'll probably want to macro some of these repeating layours
21:33:14  <andythenorth> layouts *
21:33:31  <andythenorth> ah version, thanks )
21:33:32  <andythenorth> :)
21:33:37  <andythenorth> can't type, time for bed
21:33:37  <frosch123> i wondered about macroing the tos, but they are supposed to not change, so meh
21:34:13  <andythenorth> so most pages are done I think
21:34:25  <andythenorth> the quality of the work is...low :)
21:38:08  <andythenorth> it's so weird writing styles for specific page elements
21:38:11  <andythenorth> or on ids
21:38:17  <andythenorth> it's like 2001 called
21:38:48  <andythenorth> 20 year-old web design for our 30 year old game :D
21:40:57  <frosch123> andythenorth: i added today's fixes to the static branch
21:41:09  <frosch123> some templates changed slightly and may need merging
21:41:38  <andythenorth> yeah I get a rebase conflict
21:41:46  <andythenorth> tomorrow's problem
21:42:18  <frosch123> most noticeable, we gained a footer :)
21:42:39  <frosch123> 90% copy/paste from main website
21:43:21  *** WormnestAndroid has joined #openttd
21:44:52  *** Wormnest has joined #openttd
21:46:32  <frosch123> night
21:46:35  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
21:51:25  *** WormnestAndroid has quit IRC
21:51:52  *** WormnestAndroid has joined #openttd
21:55:29  *** Progman has quit IRC
22:27:49  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
22:31:42  *** k-man_ is now known as k-man
22:46:56  *** Xetalim has quit IRC
22:53:23  *** Wolf01 has quit IRC
22:57:56  *** Tirili has quit IRC
23:07:22  *** Wormnest_ has joined #openttd
23:13:40  *** Wormnest has quit IRC
23:28:14  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro opened pull request #103: Blacken & Flake8 nml
23:35:34  *** mcbanhas_ has quit IRC
23:35:47  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro updated pull request #103: Blacken & Flake8 nml
23:42:16  <DorpsGek_III> [OpenTTD/nml] LordAro updated pull request #103: Blacken & Flake8 nml
23:44:49  <LordAro> that's better
23:44:50  <LordAro> now bedtime
23:45:34  *** gelignite has quit IRC
23:45:34  <glx> hmm looks like python caching fails on windows
23:48:07  <LordAro> tar (child): Cannot connect to d: resolve failed
23:48:08  <LordAro> /usr/bin/tar: d\:\a\_temp\15e822fa-2219-4532-9149-419fd7c72d39\cache.tgz: Cannot write: Broken pipe
23:48:11  <LordAro> hmm.
23:48:28  <glx> and on my PR its not found but already exists
23:49:57  <glx> oh the message changed

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk