Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 9th June 2009:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
01:33:22  <Brot6> Backup done! (Usage: 52M)
01:33:22  <Brot6> YOW!! I'm in a very clever and adorable INSANE ASYLUM!!
05:48:07  *** DJNekkid has quit IRC
06:31:20  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
06:57:01  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Heavy Equipment Set - Revision 35: Fix: No.9 bulldozer sprite offsets @ (by andythenorth)
07:59:29  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
09:13:18  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:13:18  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
09:13:18  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:13:18  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
09:14:03  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:55:30  *** FooBar_ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:00:16  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #147: Sprite 4659 @ (by Ammler)
10:15:03  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #99 (Assigned): Sprites 4574:4576 (3) - Snow office blocks @ (by foobar)
10:18:07  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #95: Sprite 4434:4445 (12) - Office blocks @ (by foobar)
10:21:49  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #103: Sprites 4583:4587 (5) - Snow buildings @ (by foobar)
10:27:25  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
10:36:27  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Bug #162: OldGFX - GUI -> do we want that? @ (by Ammler)
10:36:27  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #162: OldGFX - GUI -> do we want that? @ (by Ammler)
10:51:24  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #162: OldGFX - GUI -> do we want that? @ (by foobar)
11:06:21  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
12:35:04  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Revision 65: Feature #95: added base sprites 4443, 4444, 4445. Feature #99: snow base s... @ (by foobar)
14:04:06  <Brot6> opengfx: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
14:11:29  *** Webster has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:28:23  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:52:46  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Infrastructure Sharing - IS2.0-beta3.diff @ (by Hirundo)
16:06:40  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Infrastructure Sharing - Feature #91: To do for releases @ (by Ammler)
16:18:02  <Brot6> OpenGFX: update from r63 to r65, starting nightly compile
16:18:31  <Brot6> OpenGFX: nightlies compile finished with 44 errors:
16:31:44  <Ammler> those errors are mine!
16:37:22  <planetmaker> Ammler, not really. Mine.
16:37:47  <planetmaker> all again are failed mkdir attempts except a few.
16:40:52  <Ammler> I guess, I don't clean the log file
16:41:05  <Ammler> and just append, you silenced thos errors, afaik.
16:41:23  <Ammler> so they are mine :P
16:44:06  <planetmaker> no, I didn't silence those errors.
16:44:11  <planetmaker> I silenced make clean :P
16:52:10  <planetmaker> I think I now silenced those :)
16:54:20  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Revision 66: Change: silence all those unnecessary warnings on creation of existing dir... @ (by planetmaker)
16:56:15  <Ammler> well, but I have there warnings about 2 different directories, so there is also a bug on my side, mine, mine, mine :P
16:56:27  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Heavy Equipment Set - Revision 36: Change: silence all those unnecessary warnings on creation of ... @ (by planetmaker)
16:56:36  <Ammler> hmm
16:56:45  <Ammler> isn't it annoying ?
16:57:04  <Ammler> wouldn't you like to have a generic Makefile, which you can use for all?
16:57:11  <planetmaker> Ammler, no, those warnings are generated by the makefile.
16:57:18  <Ammler> :-)
16:57:21  <planetmaker> as I try to make those dirs several times.
16:57:39  <planetmaker> like mkdir . && mkdir . && mkdir ./docs && mkdir ./docs && mkdir ./docs
16:57:50  <planetmaker> will always give 3 errors :)
16:58:29  <Ammler> I don't like the seperate doc folder for releases, specially if there is only a single grf
16:58:52  <Ammler> a readme belongs to the root, imo.
17:01:27  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Heavy Equipment Set - Revision 37: Fix: This is the HEQS Makefile... @ (by planetmaker)
17:01:27  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Revision 67: Fix: This is the OpenGFX Makefile... @ (by planetmaker)
17:04:15  <planetmaker> there's license etc, too...
17:05:06  <planetmaker> could be skipped. No big deal actually.
17:08:01  <Ammler> #openttd.notice didn't announce the is2 compile
17:08:27  <planetmaker> well. should it?
17:08:42  <Ammler> dunno, I thought, it did last time
17:08:58  <planetmaker> Don't recall.
17:09:08  <Ammler> there is only commit and nightly compile left
17:09:18  <Ammler> not really worth to read it anymore.
17:09:28  <planetmaker> uh?
17:09:33  <planetmaker> you mean that channel?
17:09:36  <Ammler> yes
17:09:39  <planetmaker> yeah, unfortunately no bugs
17:10:03  <Ammler> you have commits on #openttd either.
17:10:16  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: 2cc train set - Revision 200: Change: silence all those unnecessary warnings on creation of exist... @ (by planetmaker)
17:10:39  <Ammler> and the compile farm msg doesn't show target errors, or does it?
17:11:21  <planetmaker> nope
17:11:27  <planetmaker> it's in the bug list.
17:12:22  <Ammler> webster does bugs :-)
17:12:28  <Ammler> @rss bugs
17:12:28  <Webster> Ammler: FS#2971: depend doesn't terminate on linux/ppc <> || FS#2970: tunnel entrance doesn't cover train <> || FS#2969: bug in cursor redraw logic <> || FS#2968: Cargo accaptence area broken <> || FS#2967: Assertion, if file gets removed and file (2 more messages)
17:12:32  <planetmaker> Ammler, do you have zip on your machine?
17:12:42  <Ammler> 7zip
17:12:43  <planetmaker> true
17:12:54  <planetmaker> I mean... something which would support a call like
17:13:21  <Ammler> 7za a -mx=9 dir
17:13:26  <planetmaker> $(ZIP) $(ARCHIVENAME) $(DIRNAME)
17:13:40  <planetmaker> $(ZIP) $(ZIP-FLAGS) $(ARCHIVENAME) $(DIRNAME)
17:13:40  <Ammler> :-)
17:13:52  <planetmaker> ok, it would. :)
17:14:06  <Ammler> that is also installed on the server, I would use that for our build farm.
17:14:12  <planetmaker> because I dislike currently the zip. It should not contain the tar.
17:14:40  <Ammler> imo, tar isn't needed at all
17:15:00  <Ammler> just to "bundle" multiple grfs like those from opengfx
17:16:32  <planetmaker> well. AFAIK, if only files which may be uploaded, it could go to bananas straight away.
17:16:37  <Ammler> i.e. I use the whole coop grfpack as one tar, that is very helpful
17:16:44  <planetmaker> And I like it as test target as it at least simulates bananas.
17:17:11  <planetmaker> but then I'll go and change the zip target now :)
17:17:36  <Ammler> you could count the grfs
17:17:42  <Ammler> if there is more then one, tar it
17:18:15  <planetmaker> hm... yeah. Maybe later.
17:18:21  <Ammler> :-)
17:18:25  <planetmaker> but even that's not really needed, is it?
17:18:26  <Ammler> well
17:18:37  <Ammler> no, I would tar it anyway
17:18:46  <planetmaker> well. I like to keep that tar, as said, as it simulates bananas output :)
17:19:05  <Ammler> but banans should be able to read zip
17:19:12  <planetmaker> for just then we'll have zip: the dir ziped w/o tar. And tar and tar.bz2
17:22:03  <Ammler> if bananas supports zip
17:22:17  <Ammler> why not just using zip and quit
17:22:27  <planetmaker> does it?
17:22:49  <planetmaker> well. You can always then call make zip - and then it just does that: create the zip and quit
17:23:01  <Ammler> yes
17:23:16  <Ammler> but I guess, bananas doesn't support subfolder?
17:23:57  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 50: Change: silence all those unnecessary warnings on cr... @ (by planetmaker)
17:25:25  <planetmaker> Dunno
17:29:11  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 51: Change: directly pack the dir and ommit the tar with... @ (by planetmaker)
17:32:15  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: 2cc train set - Revision 201: Change: directly pack the dir and ommit the tar within the zip archive @ (by planetmaker)
17:33:44  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Revision 68: Change: directly pack the dir and ommit the tar within the zip archive @ (by planetmaker)
17:33:44  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Heavy Equipment Set - Revision 38: Change: directly pack the dir and ommit the tar within the zip... @ (by planetmaker)
17:34:00  <planetmaker> hehe. The quadruple commits :)
17:34:23  <planetmaker> Somehow opengfx patching failed in an automatic way...
17:41:58  <planetmaker> he. Time for a simple "" shell script :)
17:48:36  <Ammler> IMO, the wrong way
17:48:56  <Ammler> you should make a Makefile.generic or however
17:49:32  <Ammler> which will be included by the special newgrf Makefiles
17:51:10  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
17:53:14  <planetmaker> Ammler, it wouldn't save me a single commit.
17:53:33  <planetmaker> each project needs its own make system IMO
17:54:04  <Ammler> curl/wget devzone/Makefile.generic
17:54:42  <planetmaker> nah. If you did a checkout of a project you should have a makefile.
17:54:49  <Ammler> yes
17:55:06  <Ammler> hmm, indeed.
17:55:11  <Ammler> just, dunno :-)
17:55:32  <planetmaker> :) Yes, it's a bit repetitive. But... it's not too difficult either:
17:56:00  <Ammler> hmm
17:56:06  <planetmaker> cd ../heqs && hg pull -u && patch -p1 < ../zip.diff && hg ci -m "blubber" && hg push
17:56:22  <planetmaker> and repeat that for the projects
17:56:35  <Ammler> well, the problem is, if I or someone else change the Makefile just in one project.
17:56:43  <planetmaker> only thing changing is the first cd ...
17:57:05  <planetmaker> Well, yes. They actually aren't entirely similar. I'll have to take care of that one day, I guess.
17:57:16  <planetmaker> And if they're not similar. Well It will have a reason :)
18:04:01  <Brot6> 2cctrainset: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
18:04:07  <Brot6> firs: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
18:04:12  <Brot6> is2: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
18:04:19  <Brot6> opengfx: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
18:10:39  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Revision 69: Feature #95: base sprites 4439, 4440, 4441. Feature #99: snow base sprite ... @ (by foobar)
18:14:51  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #95 (Closed): Sprite 4434:4445 (12) - Office blocks @ (by foobar)
18:14:51  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #99 (Closed): Sprites 4574:4576 (3) - Snow office blocks @ (by foobar)
18:16:33  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
18:17:02  <Ammler> FooBar_: you should be able to limit commits to files
18:17:41  <FooBar_> how do you mean?
18:17:54  <FooBar_> Like save everything up and only commit at the end of the day?
18:18:09  <Ammler> no
18:18:28  <Ammler> commit 69 looked like 2 changes
18:19:09  <Ammler> but it is all fine :-)
18:19:21  <Ammler> or you could use 2 lines for messages :-)
18:19:35  <FooBar_> well, yes and no. Yes as it changed two tickets, no as in it's the snow variant of the very same building
18:20:04  <Ammler> yeah, it was just my 1st thought
18:20:31  <Ammler> it is perfect :P
18:20:39  <FooBar_> If it were two different buildings...
18:20:47  <FooBar_> :)
18:21:14  <Ammler> why not name the folder psd like pcx?
18:21:21  <Ammler> source is everything
18:21:38  <FooBar_> there's not only psd in that folder ;)
18:21:55  <Ammler> ok :-)
18:22:12  <FooBar_> There's a few pngs and a textfile in it as well.
18:22:31  <FooBar_> I agree though that everything is "source", not only that folder...
18:23:01  <Ammler> I didn't commit the blaubus orignals
18:23:02  <FooBar_> In that folder are things that are the source of the source... :)
18:23:11  <Ammler> I have them in bmp folder local
18:23:20  <planetmaker> hehe.
18:23:24  <planetmaker> what about images?
18:23:52  <Ammler> there are also text files there...
18:23:52  <planetmaker> but then... that leaves a wrong impression again, too.
18:24:16  <Ammler> different folders, psd, png, bmp and what ever
18:24:41  <FooBar_> Ammler: aren't the blaubus sprites in pcx format the very same as the ones in bmp format? In that case there's no need to commit the bmp I think. If it's just a different file format.
18:24:59  <Ammler> that was my thought :-)
18:25:18  <FooBar_> The psds contain stuff that isn't represented in the pcx files, like layers, 32bpp originals and such.
18:26:36  <FooBar_> If they were the same as in the pcx, I wouldn't have kept them :)
18:27:42  <FooBar_> another 6 buildings to go and we can have a new official release :)
18:27:56  <Ammler> very nice
18:28:12  <Ammler> maybe we should ask bilbo if he will code it, else I do it.
18:29:22  <Ammler> or is there already a newgrf for it?
18:30:10  <FooBar_> I'd say let's give him a little more time until the pbs signals are actually the last thing holding back a new release. I don't expect the buidlings to be done tomorrow either ;)
18:30:25  <FooBar_> AFAIK there's no newgrf for the pbs signals...
18:32:15  <Ammler> do you really like the GUI?
18:34:57  <FooBar_> yes, I like it better than the original with it's clunky cursors
18:35:33  <Ammler> I don't like some icons
18:35:36  <Ammler> like station
18:35:38  <FooBar_> There are some icons that I would've done differently, but most of it is quite to my liking
18:35:41  <FooBar_> :)
18:36:40  <Ammler> I always thought, 8bpp uses the 32bpp gui, but since I checked it on my script, I know it better.
18:37:00  <Ammler>,679:770,774,1251:1274,1291:1300,1309:1312,2010,2429:2436,2593:2600,2724:2726,3090:3091,3668,4077:4089,4791:4792&h=555:556&t=329:340,885:901,1058:1065,1178:1193
18:38:06  <FooBar_> Well, the 32bpp GUI is far from complete so that wasn't very usable at the time. And still isn't. At least not for OpenGFX.
18:39:40  <andythenorth> Hi.  hg question.  I am working on psd.  Changes aren't finished, but I want to version the file.  Do I just commit?
18:40:31  <Ammler> yes
18:40:35  <andythenorth> okey dokey
18:40:39  <Ammler> :-)
18:40:43  <Ammler> well, save first :-)
18:40:56  <Ammler> and you don't need to push
18:41:06  <Ammler> but you could and maybe should
18:41:42  <Ammler> if you don't push
18:42:01  <Ammler> you could theoretically stripe the commit away later
18:42:16  <Ammler> it it isn't needed for future reference
18:45:20  <Ammler> <-- the worse part
18:48:01  <FooBar_> Only thing I can say is "feel free to improve" :)
18:48:22  <Ammler> :-D
18:49:12  <FooBar_> Nice script by the way, with the autogeneration of the ActionA
18:50:33  <Ammler> thx :-)
18:51:14  <Ammler> hehe, I had some troubles until I found out, that the ogfx isn't identical to tgr
18:51:43  <Ammler> I thought, you could just use the adjustmenst from on both
18:52:49  <FooBar_> Nope. There are even differences between OpenGFX releases...
18:57:24  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
18:58:13  <Ammler> yeah, i realized :P
18:58:22  <Ammler> btw. updated the images
18:59:55  <Ammler> well, not completely, I need to manage the name changes...
20:02:36  <Ammler> the favorite list looks like a complete list :-)
20:13:30  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: Infrastructure Sharing - Feature #91: To do for releases @ (by Ammler)
21:35:45  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #162: OldGFX - GUI -> do we want that? @ (by athanasios)
21:51:57  *** FooBar_ has quit IRC
22:04:06  <Brot6> opengfx: Backup push to ssh:// initiated.
22:06:16  <Brot6> ::DevZone:: OpenGFX - Feature #162: OldGFX - GUI -> do we want that? @ (by Ammler)
22:20:05  <Ammler> is dutch train set officially on our devzone now?
22:20:20  <Ammler> isn't that private anymore?
22:20:27  <Ammler> or shouldn't it be?

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk