Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 4th June 2010:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:07:55  *** desrik is now known as ZoWareS4
00:08:40  *** ZoWareS4 is now known as desrik
00:09:17  *** desrik1 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
00:09:25  *** desrik1 has quit IRC
01:08:01  *** Webster has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
01:19:30  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
05:33:32  <planetmaker> desrik: with a proper patch it might be possible
05:34:20  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Revision 22: Feature: [Makefile] Dependency check for NML projects (planetmaker) @
05:39:19  *** desrik has quit IRC
05:45:21  <Brot6> Example NewGRF Project - Revision 99: Feature: Dependency check for NML projects (planetmaker) @
06:06:36  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
06:49:46  <planetmaker> Yexo: it's probably quite obvious, but how do I change the graphics set displayed depending upon the cargo(ID)?
06:51:39  <Yexo> in the graphics block use "cargoid: label_of_action2;" instead of "default: label_of_action2;"
06:51:42  <Yexo> at least i think that should work
06:52:29  <planetmaker> I'll try. Thanks :-)
06:53:10  <planetmaker> cargoID is a number?
06:53:34  <Yexo> either a cargolabel (from a cargo translation table) or a number
06:53:57  <planetmaker> no translation table yet for railtypes ;-)
06:54:09  <planetmaker> so it's a number :-)
06:54:17  <Yexo> yes :)
07:33:45  <Ammler> <Yexo> [00:13:28] I had a file with pretty much every feature in it, but lost it last week when I overwrote it in a stupid action <-- upload to devzone for backup  :-P
07:38:20  *** Alberth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:46:50  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 223: Doc: Add documentation for the sounds block. (Alberth) @
08:46:50  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 224: Doc: Small fixes (Alberth) @
08:48:10  *** KenjiE20 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:59:42  *** desrik has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:19:38  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:42:22  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
09:48:09  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:01:52  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 225: Add: Command line option to specify filename with custom tags (... (Alberth) @
10:01:52  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Feature #960 (Closed): Add commanline option to use a custom filename for "cu... (Alberth) @
10:16:54  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 226: Add: Command line option to specify language files directory (c... (Alberth) @
10:16:54  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Feature #961 (Closed): Add commanline option to use a custom directory for "l... (Alberth) @
10:42:24  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 227: Codechange: Remove use of deprecated string functions. (Alberth) @
10:42:24  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 228: Fix (220:87faeaa2efa6): did not import ScriptError, ... (Alberth) @
11:11:35  <Ammler> Alberth: ^ that doesn't "autoreference"
11:11:38  <Ammler> use rev of DevZone, if you don't have the same locally
11:11:58  <Ammler> "Fix (r220)" would work
11:12:23  <Ammler> hmm, maybe also r220:hast would have worked...
11:12:29  <Alberth> and Fix (87faeaa2efa6)" ?  (ie the official rev numbers)
11:12:33  <Ammler> hash*
11:12:47  <Ammler> not here :-)
11:13:16  <Alberth> ok
11:13:39  <Ammler> well, rNUM does tell you something, the hash is just a hash :-)
11:14:07  <Alberth> yep, but the hash works everywhere
11:14:24  <Ammler> using both is fine, but only hash is ugly imo
11:15:00  <Alberth> I agree the hash is ugly, but it may be useful to be able to find a revision in a modified repo, no?
11:15:21  <Ammler>
11:15:44  <Ammler> maybe I should apply that now
11:16:34  <Ammler> what, if "Fix (r220:87faeaa2efa6)" would work?
11:17:27  <Alberth> working with hg is still a bit different from working with svn in this respect, I am still looking for the right way to do things.
11:17:35  <Alberth> would be fine by me
11:18:51  <Alberth> I have now a local mirror for push/pull, and make new clones for working on an issue. Not optimal, as I have to copy patches back to the mirror before the push
11:25:22  <Ammler> why not using patch queue?
11:26:25  <Ammler> then you would also have patches right available for review if you like to before push
11:29:35  <Brot6> test - Revision 21: Fix (r19:cee6f59893b2) (Ammler) @
11:29:35  <Brot6> test - Revision 22: Fix (r19) (Ammler) @
11:29:48  <Ammler> just testest, it doesn't work :-(
11:30:03  <Ammler> please use the DevZone revision number for reference
11:30:09  <Alberth> :)
11:30:22  <Alberth> will try to do that
11:30:29  <Ammler> hmm
11:30:51  <Ammler> I try again after merging the mercurial overhaule patch queue to DevZone
11:31:51  <Alberth> you can also consider adding a check for well-formedness of the first line of the commit message
11:36:17  <Ammler> you have a example hook for me?
11:37:33  <Ammler>
11:38:42  <Alberth> stupid wiki syntax in issues
11:39:34  <Alberth> Revert: whenever you reverted something already pushed  (if you didn't push yet, hg strip instead).  <-- ieks, recommend 'hg rollback' instead imho
11:39:36  <Ammler> wiki syntax is stupid everywhere...
11:39:42  <Ammler> (at redmine)
11:40:14  <Ammler> that is in that wiki page?
11:40:24  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Feature #969: Parse #file and #line lines that are written by a preprocessor (Alberth) @
11:40:38  <Alberth> yep
11:40:43  <Ammler> you can't rollback/strip something pushed
11:40:51  <Ammler> only ssh people can
11:41:00  <Alberth> note the pre-condition
11:41:57  <Alberth> I meant to recommend hg rollback instead of hg strip
11:42:17  <Ammler> Alberth: gave you edit rights on that wiki :-)
11:42:28  <Alberth> bah :(
11:43:46  <Alberth> everybody is giving me rights, that way I can never delegate anything :p
11:45:37  <Ammler> I just liked to fix it, but it already is :-P
11:47:16  * Alberth tries 'hg rollback'
11:47:29  <Alberth> ah failed, it was already pushed :)
11:48:01  <Ammler> I can rollback also pushed changesets
11:49:26  <Ammler> I am not sure, if I shall wait for Redmine 1.0 to apply all those Mercurial patches
11:49:44  <Ammler> since they made this feature freeze for the release
11:49:50  <Ammler> this week*
11:50:58  <Alberth> yes you can, but if someone made a clone in between the change is 'out there' anyway.
11:51:53  <Alberth> the pre-commit check may be more tricky than I thought. If I make an error in the text, I have a commit in my repo that I cannot push. Fixing that may be non-trivial
11:53:04  <Ammler> pre-commit would fail anyway, imo
11:53:14  <Ammler> as you commit before push
11:53:48  <Alberth> indeed, the hook would need to be installed in my local repos
11:54:24  <Ammler> prechangegroup maybe?
11:55:04  <Alberth> no idea what that is
11:55:16  <Rubidium> feature freeze -> release might still be quite a long time
11:55:28  <Rubidium> but then, there is at least some incentive to get it out
12:04:15  <Ammler> Alberth: pretxnchangegroup might be the right hook (man:hgrc)
12:07:42  <Alberth> for a mirror, precommit perhaps?
12:09:38  <Ammler> but does precommit also run if you push multiple changesets?
12:10:02  <Ammler> hmm, might be worth a try
12:10:47  <Alberth> it is for commit, not for push
12:11:11  <Ammler> the question is what is easier for the pusher, if the server does decline only single commits or the whole changegroup.
12:11:31  <Alberth> ie I see it as two problems
12:11:32  <Ammler> Alberth: the hook should run on the server
12:11:55  <Alberth> one is preventing such commits to be done, two is preventing such messages ever reaching the server
12:12:25  <Ammler> but it needs guiding people to install hooks
12:12:41  <Ammler> as you can't add hooks to the repo
12:12:57  <Alberth> ?
12:13:20  <Alberth> you mean they don't get copied
12:13:28  <Alberth> agreed, in that case
12:13:51  <Ammler> yes, every dev has to install the hooks self
12:14:26  <Alberth> so we may want both, 'one' as a service for the dev, 'two' as protection for those devs thinking they are smarter than a computer :)
12:14:33  <Ammler> well, we could add the hooks to .devzone and then it should be wasy cp ...
12:14:38  <Ammler> easy*
12:15:18  <Ammler> well, some devs simply don't know more then hg clone/pull/push
12:15:55  <Alberth> and hopefully 'commit' :)
12:16:08  <Ammler> yes, and that
12:16:34  <Ammler> DJNekkid: can tell you how easy it is to make a release ;-)
12:17:54  <Ammler>
12:25:26  <Brot6> 2cctrainset: compile of 2.0-beta1 failed -
12:25:57  <Ammler> super :-(
12:26:00  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Revision 545: Cleanup (r531-r536): Fix Taging of release 2.0-beta1 (Ammler) @
12:32:08  <Ammler> ah, of course
12:32:16  <Ammler> "-" is a illegal char for versions
12:33:01  <Ammler> openttd is "teaching" bad things :-P
12:33:14  <Rubidium> what is bad?
12:33:24  <Ammler> using "-" in version
12:36:36  <Ammler> tr '-' '~' might workaround it
12:46:21  <Ammler> how unique is the short hash?
12:49:09  <Alberth> it serves as unique ID of a revision afaik, so *very* unique
12:52:34  <Ammler> so short hash is unique per repo and long hash is unique over all?
12:53:30  <Rubidium> no and no :)
12:53:41  <Ammler> well, almost :-)
12:54:46  <Ammler> does it validate the hash for uniqueness?
12:55:20  <Ammler> maybe we should add the hash to finger file too
12:56:03  <Rubidium> short hashes seem to be checked for ambiguity
12:57:31  <Ammler> if I extend the finger file with the hash, shall I add it to the end of row as zuu might check the field number
13:03:41  <Brot6> test - Revision 23: Added tag 1.0~beta1 for changeset 1aef63deb2c7 (Ammler) @
13:04:14  <Ammler> sorry for spam ^
13:05:11  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Feature #987 (New): Improved snowy TTD track sprites (planetmaker) @
13:05:11  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Feature #988 (New): support for tropical climate (planetmaker) @
13:05:11  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Feature #989 (New): railtypes support for OpenTTD (planetmaker) @
13:42:12  <Brot6> 2cctrainset: update from Beta1 to 2.0-beta1 done (4 errors) -
13:44:20  <Ammler> planetmaker: how was it able to build the grf with those errors?
13:46:22  <Ammler> when does the Makefile use "cp"?
13:50:22  <Ammler> oh, just realized, the banans 2ccset has a M in the Version :-)
13:50:44  <Ammler> so my effort to fix the 2cctrainset release was for nuts :-P
13:50:59  <Ammler> anyway, "-" works now
13:56:04  <Brot6> #openttdcoop - Revision 63: [Compiler] Feature: support "-" in tags for releases (Ammler) @
13:56:33  <Alberth> hmm, I cannot get the commit message from a hook
13:58:12  <Ammler> you can run usual hg commands, can't you?
13:58:24  <Alberth> yes
13:58:27  <Ammler> hg log...
13:58:53  <Ammler> hg log -r$ID_NODE
13:58:56  <Alberth> yeah, but that is after the commit, I want a hook that prevents committing
13:59:26  <Ammler> did you check the hooks I suggested?
14:00:18  <Ammler> hmm, else we could apply it, check it and if it fails, hg rollback
14:01:06  <Alberth> I tried 'commit' and 'precommit'
14:01:55  <Alberth> the description() should have the message, but it is empty
14:04:36  <Brot6> test: abort: push creates new remote heads!
14:14:04  <Ammler> maybe you need to use "right" namespace or however that is called in python :-)
14:25:37  <planetmaker> <Ammler> planetmaker: how was it able to build the grf with those errors? <-- did it build?
14:26:24  <Ammler> well, there is a grf else it would have failed
14:26:47  <Ammler> which then creates a subdir ERROR
14:27:31  <Alberth> jay, a commit message text. Now a piece of code to decide whether it is a correct mesg.
14:27:41  <Ammler> :-)
14:29:36  <planetmaker> if it built with those errors: no idea how and why
14:29:45  <Ammler> :-D
14:30:07  <Ammler> planetmaker: do nml projects still need nforenum or/and grfcodec?
14:30:18  <Ammler> (for verifing or whatever)
14:30:47  <planetmaker> they don't.
14:31:16  <planetmaker> all, nml, nfo and grf can be written by NML itself.
14:31:50  <planetmaker> My swedishrails climate detection is quite a string of action9 and actionDs ;-)
14:31:56  <Ammler> would it be useful to copy a compiled nml file to the bundles?
14:32:00  <Ammler> like we do with nfo
14:32:14  <planetmaker> Yes
14:32:20  <planetmaker> I'd like it
14:32:34  <Ammler> or maybe, we could still compile a nfo for comparision?
14:33:12  <Alberth> there is an issue about regression testing, where I can see grfcodec and/or nforenum play a role, but perhaps not at the server
14:33:48  <Ammler> you might also have noticed the directory LATEST which does always simlink to last revision...
14:34:11  <Alberth> I haven't, but I have never searched for it either :)
14:34:46  <Ammler> well, I meant planetmaker, might be useful, if you link to the nfo or readme of the nightly
14:34:51  <Ammler> or release
14:36:32  <Ammler> [16:32] <Alberth> there is an issue about regression testing, where I can see grfcodec and/or nforenum play a role, but perhaps not at the server <-- well it wouldn't hurt imo
14:36:51  <Ammler> so you have at least somewhere it will be run :-)
14:36:57  <Alberth> at least, it gets regularly tested then
14:37:49  <Alberth> but I don't know what is intended there, so I cannot implement the infra structure now
14:39:15  <Ammler> I just can say, we can quite easy run everything with everything, we don't need to fear to break the system
14:39:22  <Ammler> (I hope :-P
14:39:28  <Alberth> Hmm, you seem to have an optimistic idea about how often we add a feature :)
14:44:44  <planetmaker> <Alberth> there is an issue about regression testing, where I can see grfcodec and/or nforenum play a role, but perhaps not at the server <-- but that belongs only to NML itself IMHO
14:44:54  <planetmaker> when it has a testsuite shipped along
14:45:04  * Alberth nods
14:45:05  <planetmaker> (not that it cannot be canibalized from a few of those newgrfs)
14:45:17  <Ammler> true
14:46:16  <planetmaker> regression test basically means that the ouput for certain operations is checked against a know and expected output, right?
14:46:28  <Rubidium> yesch
14:46:59  <Alberth> yes, basically checking that the code still does the same after making a Codechange :)
14:47:07  <planetmaker> hm... I might gather a few pieces here and there. Or maybe re-declare OpenGFX+ as such regression test :-)
14:47:17  <Ammler> a grf collection with md5sum comparision on every update :-)
14:47:26  <planetmaker> hm.... :-)
14:47:27  <Alberth> typically it is a large collection of very small tests
14:47:31  <planetmaker> yeah
14:47:45  <planetmaker> then it gets easier to know what breaks
14:48:48  <Ammler> I quess you need a dummy grf for this purpose only
14:48:49  <Alberth> production NewGRFs tend to use a small subset of available capabilities, one typically wants the corner cases that nobody ever tries
14:49:39  <Alberth> and those specs do not even have to be loadable in the game
14:49:48  <Alberth> s/specs/nml specs/
14:51:15  <Ammler> if nml would still make a nfo before building the grf, you could simply diff the versions to find difference
14:51:59  <Alberth> cmp can compare binary files
14:52:27  <Alberth> or you do  xxd grf1 > grf1.dump ; xxd grf2 > grf2.dump ; diff -u grf1.dump grf2.dump
14:53:31  <Alberth> but you only need to detect an error. Making the difference visible is then the first step in debugging
14:53:56  <Alberth> (which never happens with all perfect programmers :p )
14:54:38  <Ammler> yes, the only error you make is forgetting hg add :-P
14:56:37  <Alberth> hmm, can I check for unknown .py files in the repo working dir? :)
14:56:49  <Ammler> hg st
14:57:08  <Ammler> status*
14:58:58  <Ammler> Alberth: just try what you would try with svn first :-)
15:00:25  <Alberth> does not work here
15:01:04  <Ammler> don't you mean the files prefixed with ?
15:02:55  <Alberth> yes, I didn't get those, my .hgrc  [defaults] prevented them from getting printed
15:03:10  <Alberth> possibly because that is a sane setting for openttd repos
15:05:31  <Ammler> why is that "sane" there?
15:09:17  *** desrik has quit IRC
15:12:13  <Alberth> not sure, I have added the -u option to status, so I get unknown files too now, I will work with it for a while to find out whether it is usable
15:13:21  <Alberth> in the repos I have, I get lots of unknown *.orig files due to reverts. I have however now also added the --no-backup option to revert, so that problem should be less now ;)
15:13:51  <Ammler> Alberth: maybe hg purge would help :-)
15:14:23  <Alberth> too much
15:14:35  <Alberth> some untracked files are relevant
15:15:00  <Ammler> those should be in .hgignore, shouldn't?
15:15:51  <Alberth> I have a few of my own too :)
15:16:44  <Ammler> you know about possibility to make ~/.hgrc?
15:17:09  <Alberth> yes I do
15:17:24  <Ammler> there you could define your own .hgignore
15:24:21  <Alberth> ok, pre-commit hook seems to work
15:25:40  <Ammler> did you try with push?
15:29:51  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:31:09  <Alberth> euhm, why should I try that?
15:31:18  <Alberth> I try to prevent committing
15:31:28  <Ammler> because then we could install it on the server :-)
15:32:28  <Alberth> perhaps it is just a matter of changing the hook, must try that
15:32:35  <Alberth> but for now,
15:33:43  <Alberth> time for some food
15:51:24  <Ammler> commit hooks seems not executed on push
15:51:36  <Ammler> and just changing the hook doesn't work
15:51:41  <Ammler> (to pretxnchangegroup)
16:07:44  <Alberth>   suggests that 'incoming' may work.
16:07:46  <Webster> Title: hgrc (at
16:08:07  <Alberth> but that does things at revision level
16:08:30  <Alberth> for the pretxnchangegroup, the structure is probably a list of changes or so.
16:08:44  <Alberth> instead of a single change
16:18:53  <Brot6> 2cctrainset: update from r544 to r545 done (103 errors) -
16:19:10  <Brot6> newgrf_makefile: compile of r99 failed -
16:19:28  <Brot6> nml: update from r215 to r228 done -
16:19:47  <Brot6> nutracks: update from r67 to r69 done (20 errors) -
16:20:46  <Brot6> swedishrails: update from r13 to r22 done (7 errors) -
16:20:57  <Brot6> test: compile of r24 failed -
16:20:58  <Brot6> Following repos didn't need a nightlies update: 32bpp-extra (r36), airportsplus (r50), bros (r12), comic-houses (r70), firs (r882), fish (ERROR r374), heqs (r320), nmts (r16), ogfxplus (r23), opengfx (r459), openmsx (r57), opensfx (r94), snowlinemod (r12), worldairlinersset (r643)
16:31:02  <Ammler> Alberth: imo, it would be ok to reject the whole push, also if only one commit is "bad2
16:36:16  <Alberth> at first, I'd be happy with just pulling out the messages :)
16:37:59  <Ammler> is it also possible to check the filelist?
16:38:22  <Ammler> for example if someone tries to push system files like .thumb.db or how those are called
16:38:37  <Alberth> that should be possible
16:39:04  <Alberth> *.pyc  :)
16:40:33  <Ammler> yes, or ".grf or ".nfo etc.
16:41:04  <Ammler> or backup files *~ *.bak etc.
17:27:54  *** Irwe has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:52:23  <Ammler> Hello Irwe, maybe you like to make a release thread, seems like pm doesn't make one:
17:53:11  <planetmaker> Ammler: there's nothing released yet
17:53:33  <Ammler> I just miss a thread where I can follow it
17:53:53  <Ammler> ah, found it
17:54:01  <Ammler> it is in the swedish project thread
17:54:02  <planetmaker> swedish projects
17:54:10  <Ammler> :-)
17:55:04  <Irwe> indeed... but I will probably make a Swedish infrastructure thread
17:55:25  <Irwe> to include, rails, roads, bridges, maybe foundations and other stuff
17:56:08  <Ammler> true, until you have a release, the thread isn't needed.
17:56:46  <planetmaker> when I feel that a release for the rails is possible, I'll surely make a release thread. But meanwhile it's ok where it is now
17:57:11  <planetmaker> and a taster-release is possible when NML does rail types ;-)
17:57:31  <Irwe> It's nice to have something to show in the thread then just nothing
17:57:58  <planetmaker> yup, exactly
17:59:26  <planetmaker> Irwe: when you update existing sprites: could you update them next time in place in those files which I added to the repo?
18:00:01  <planetmaker> <-- the graphics files are all there
18:00:09  <planetmaker> Those of which I already added
18:00:50  <Irwe> right.. so whenever I update the sprites i uploade here instead of just pm you all the time
18:01:30  <planetmaker> it's ok to pm me the sprites. But it's way easier, if you update the sprites in the pngs found on that link :-)
18:01:47  <planetmaker> Then I can skip the copy&paste to the places and avoid re-alignment
18:02:16  <planetmaker> Just give me the updated file and I'll take care of it :-)
18:02:19  <Irwe> right.. I can uploade my new snow rails then.. I made some adjustments
18:02:42  <planetmaker> yes, I got the pm. But the files there are a different layout
18:02:48  <planetmaker> And the layout is important :-)
18:03:22  <planetmaker> It's one file per sprite set. And each has exactly the same layout
18:03:35  <planetmaker> --> Less chance for errors :-)
18:04:47  <planetmaker> Upload to the repository is only possible, if you use mercurial, not via web-interface.
18:07:57  <Ammler> but he could create tickets, so you keep track :-)
18:08:42  <Irwe> the what?
18:09:32  <Irwe> sry I'm not familiar with this:P
18:10:47  <Ammler> I meant this:
18:15:33  <Irwe> ok... I changed the snow rails sprites now and added them to the snow_rails_TT file without changing the layout.. now how do I uploade the new file if I can't use my browser?
18:17:53  <Ammler> why can't you use your browser?
18:18:01  *** desrik has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
18:18:29  <Ammler> pm meant, that you can't upload to the repo via web.
18:18:51  <planetmaker> Irwe: you either create a ticket at the link Ammler just gave or pm me the file as before
18:19:16  <planetmaker> of course you could as well install mercurial. But I have the feeling you don't want that :-)
18:19:23  <Ammler> :-)
18:19:53  <planetmaker> But I have no issue with you using it, too and thus giving you write access.
18:20:05  <planetmaker> It just seems to me it's more hassle for you than it's worth :-)
18:20:07  <Ammler> he has already :-P
18:20:24  <planetmaker> true ;-)
18:20:49  <planetmaker> you actually do have write access ;-)
18:20:59  <Irwe> yea probably.. It will take more time for me to learn it then draw all the sprites for the set
18:21:21  <Ammler> planetmaker: maybe we could rewrite the howto a bit since ssh isn't needed anymore
18:21:33  <planetmaker> I don't care so much about new sprites and how they come :-)
18:22:07  <planetmaker> I mostly need to think of a good way to arrange them and make the coding work the easiest :-)
18:22:16  <planetmaker> of those anyway
18:22:30  <Ammler> well, andythenorth also started with only supplying sprites, now he is one of the biggest grf coder :-P
18:22:38  <planetmaker> indeed :-)
18:22:45  <andythenorth> not right now :P
18:23:03  <planetmaker> lego-playa, you! ;-)
18:23:05  <Ammler> lego!
18:23:14  <Irwe> hehe that's nice.. I probably could learn it but some computer skills are needed?
18:23:22  * andythenorth is trying to find good deals on used lego
18:23:31  * planetmaker doesn't sell it :-)
18:23:36  <andythenorth> the time I spend looking could probably be spent earning the money I save :)
18:23:46  <planetmaker> :-P
18:23:54  <desrik> how can I show my server stats on a website?
18:23:56  <Ammler> I have quite a big lego town on the roof of my parents
18:24:05  <Ammler> below*
18:24:29  <Ammler> desrik: openttdlib
18:24:32  <Irwe> lego is the shit
18:25:04  <Ammler> desrik: like
18:26:22  <Irwe> maybe I should start on the openGFX tunnels
18:27:12  * andythenorth needs a FIRS collaborator :P
18:27:19  <andythenorth> interest is waning...
18:27:31  <Ammler> Irwe: always feel free to commit sprites to OpenGFX too, if you have something to improve ;-)
18:27:41  * planetmaker hugs andythenorth
18:28:23  <Irwe> well.. why not.. the sprite you have from Swedish houses doesn't really fit in with openGFX so maybe I could change that one a little bit for you
18:28:25  <Ammler> andythenorth: I collaborated to the release, next release will be peanuts for you
18:28:26  <Ammler> :-P
18:28:40  <andythenorth> Ammler: how about you collaborate to the nfo :P
18:29:18  <Ammler> hehe
18:29:39  <Ammler> my next project is converting my town sets to nml
18:30:31  <andythenorth> my next project is trying to finish one of many existing projects :o
18:30:38  <Ammler> :-)
18:30:47  <Ammler> fish 1.0 :-)
18:31:01  <Ammler> heqs 1.0 :-)
18:31:05  <Ammler> not that hard?
18:31:39  <Ammler> like MB, release and then let people use it for around 10 years until next release
18:33:03  <Ammler> since today, you can alos release beta versions :-P
18:34:05  <Irwe> his stuff are great though
18:36:05  <planetmaker> yup, it's quite good
18:36:06  <Ammler> yep, indeed
18:36:50  <Irwe> his german houses looks cute
18:37:10  <planetmaker> yep. If they ever will get released though... I have somewhat doubts
18:37:13  <andythenorth> hmmm
18:37:18  <andythenorth> FISH is about 25% done
18:37:25  <andythenorth> HEQS....who knows?
18:37:56  <andythenorth> I can't decide if FIRS is nearly done or just started :P
18:38:13  <Ammler> oh, you have plan for FISH?
18:38:36  <Ammler> or how can you say, 25% done?
18:39:06  <andythenorth> I have a basic list of ships, and I know there are 4 eras of time to cover
18:41:16  <Ammler> HEQS, if you don't know self, you can state it as 1.0 :-P
18:41:27  <andythenorth> it needs more work on the trams :)
18:41:49  <planetmaker> <-- Irwe: with new snow tiles
18:41:56  <andythenorth> FIRS....has a horrible problem with CC that I need some nfo for, and I'm stuck on the Aluminium Plant which looks all wrong :|
18:42:48  <Ammler> CC random needs a exclude thing :-)
18:43:03  <Ammler> or do you mean cargo class?
18:43:06  <Irwe> planetmaker: isn't that my old snow sprites?
18:43:27  <andythenorth> Ammler: no I mean excluding certain colours that suck for certain industries
18:43:44  <Ammler> so my first answer was fine :-P
18:43:46  <andythenorth> each industry needs a table of allowed colours.  it can be done with one varaction 2 I think
18:44:03  <andythenorth> it would be a nice side project for....someone :P
18:44:32  <planetmaker> Irwe: it shouldn't be... I saved your newest arctic update over my existing one...
18:44:42  <Ammler> hehe, I only codec Action 0,4,6,7,8,A,D and F :-)
18:44:56  <Ammler> 9*
18:45:07  <Ammler> I very much fear Action2
18:45:20  <Irwe> and you got my pm just a moment ago?
18:45:37  <planetmaker> Irwe: maybe something you are not aware of: the crossing sprites, where the overlay is used, there no arctic overlay can be used
18:45:49  <Ammler> you see, my suggestion with Tickets wouldn't be taht bad, Irwe & planetmaker :-P
18:46:05  <planetmaker> there's for non-snow and snow tiles only one overlay shared for the crossings.
18:46:12  <planetmaker> Just different ground tile drawn upon
18:46:34  <planetmaker> the mail from 7:23h CEST
18:46:42  <Irwe> I see.. but I still see to much gravel on the sides on the slope bits
18:47:19  <Irwe> I changed them to at leat what I remember :P
18:47:24  <Irwe> least*
18:47:37  <Ammler> hmm, Action5 is easy too and 10 -;-)
18:50:03  <andythenorth> Ammler: I could write the code, you could tell me which colours index to what number
18:50:54  <Irwe> planetmaker: I probably changed the layout maybe?
18:50:59  <Ammler> andythenorth: shouldn't it be the other way around?
18:51:33  <andythenorth> I dunno
18:51:35  <planetmaker> Irwe: that wouldn't affect the gravel but the alignment
18:51:42  <andythenorth> I'm not sure where to find a list of colours
18:51:47  <andythenorth> writing the code is easy
18:51:49  <Ammler> would cause white pixel errors
18:51:54  <planetmaker> thus it would look glitchy
18:51:54  <andythenorth> navigating the ttdp wiki or the source is not
18:52:12  <Ammler> I wouldn't know which colors are fine :-)
18:52:36  <planetmaker> hm... but I have to agree. It looks different on the browser than ingame
18:52:41  <planetmaker> I'll re-check
18:53:03  <Irwe> browser is drunk maybe
18:53:15  <planetmaker> doh.
18:53:19  <planetmaker> no. I'm stupid
18:53:29  <planetmaker> I replaced 'arctic'. Not 'snow' :-P
18:53:32  <andythenorth> ttdp wiki uses 'color' and 'colour' interchangeably :P
18:54:03  <Irwe> oh hehe.. what's the difference?
18:54:07  <Irwe> oh wait I know the difference
18:54:12  <planetmaker> :-)
18:54:29  <Irwe> so arctic had snow below snowline?
18:54:39  <planetmaker> yes. On rail tiles
18:54:45  <planetmaker> And you see it actually on the screenshot
18:54:51  <Irwe> nice.. let's keep it!!
18:55:01  <planetmaker> uhm... sure?
18:55:05  <Irwe> or maybe not
18:55:12  <Irwe> :P
18:56:02  <planetmaker>
18:56:56  <Irwe> much better.. but the intersections are ugly since you can't have snow only bits
18:57:02  <Irwe> hmm
18:57:28  <planetmaker> I agree
18:57:30  <andythenorth> 'color' isn't found when I search 'colour' and vice versa :P
18:57:43  <Irwe> maybe the rail tracks shouldn't bee snowy but the ground could be as it is?
18:58:06  <Irwe> I could change it again in 10 min
18:58:16  <Ammler> is that snow issue "fixed" with railtype?
18:58:29  <planetmaker> Irwe: mind that it will look different, if the railtypes are used
18:58:45  <planetmaker> what you see here is basically the TTDP version ;-)
19:00:03  <Irwe> so it's just a problem with TTDP?
19:03:40  <planetmaker> I *think* I can go for snowy overlays using rail types
19:04:12  <Ammler> swedish reails looks acutally quite nice already with the original bridges
19:04:32  <Ammler> at least it doesn't feel wrong
19:05:06  <Irwe> but it will be changed too and there will be swedish bridges aswell
19:05:13  <Irwe> swedish swedish swedish...
19:05:58  <andythenorth> frick
19:06:04  <andythenorth> how do I check cb 14A
19:06:14  <andythenorth> hmm
19:08:20  * planetmaker wonders how modular infrastructure can be made and modular it should be made
19:09:22  <Irwe> how do you talk about yourself in third person with purple?
19:09:44  <planetmaker>  /me blubber
19:09:57  * planetmaker blubber
19:10:14  * planetmaker has no colours activated, though
19:10:31  * Irwe understands
19:10:32  <Alberth>
19:10:39  <Irwe> hurraaay
19:11:45  <Ammler> Alberth: already tested?
19:12:08  <Alberth> locally, yes (between two repos at the same fs)
19:12:20  <planetmaker> Alberth: Fix [#924]: Reference to issue numbers
19:12:21  <Ammler> well, that is the same :-)
19:12:40  * Alberth assumes that too
19:13:55  <Ammler> Alberth: might it be possible to make custom rules, e.g. in .devzone/hooks/message and .devzone/hooks/files
19:13:59  <Alberth> but it won't hurt a bit more testing
19:14:27  <Ammler> well, we could install it in project nml and ogfxplus for now?
19:15:01  <Ammler> and OpenGFX :-)
19:16:28  <Alberth> I guess so :)
19:16:43  <planetmaker> Alberth: would it accept a commit message as I gave above with a reference number to an issue?
19:16:57  <Alberth> no it doesn't
19:17:32  * andythenorth thinks that there should be different foundations for mountain slopes and water edges 
19:17:37  <andythenorth> or perhaps not.  bit confusing
19:17:41  <andythenorth> more not always better
19:18:00  <Alberth>      doesn't mention that format :p
19:18:56  <Alberth> also, I am not sure you want that format, as it is not recognized by RM as a fix for that issue
19:19:07  <Irwe> I did some not so snowy snow rails now
19:19:26  <Alberth> in NML, we do "Fix: bla bla (closes #12345)."
19:19:36  <Ammler> Alberth: it does
19:19:51  <planetmaker> Alberth: you're right... :-)
19:20:05  <planetmaker> I guess I kind leaned on OpenTTD style. But not quite ;-)
19:20:20  <Ammler> "Mentioning the issue number (#XX, replace XX with the issue number) will reference from the changeset."
19:20:39  <Ammler> well, enclose in [] might be new
19:20:47  <Alberth> yes, but automagically close it
19:20:51  <Alberth> *not
19:21:02  <Ammler> that needs a keyword
19:21:08  <planetmaker> I think it only sets it on review or so
19:21:22  <planetmaker> keyword is #
19:21:23  <Alberth> it just adds a message to the issue
19:21:31  <planetmaker> it can be changed
19:21:43  <Ammler> hmm
19:21:53  <planetmaker> but I don't want that as it then doesn't allow multiple references in that way
19:21:55  <Alberth> so can my checker software :)
19:22:24  <Alberth> I have not seen that happen in OpenTTD yet
19:22:30  <Ammler> planetmaker: why do we enclose in []?
19:22:41  <Alberth> OpenTTD style
19:22:42  <planetmaker> because OpenTTD does
19:22:53  <Ammler> why dos OpenTTD?
19:22:57  <Ammler> :-)
19:23:13  <planetmaker> to distinguish it from revision references?
19:23:23  <Alberth> once upun a time, ...
19:23:32  <planetmaker> Fix (r45) [#943]: Bad spelling
19:24:02  <Ammler> Fix #453 (r33): not bad, but :-(
19:24:16  <Alberth> somebody started with it, and once started, it is hard to change
19:24:23  <planetmaker> ^
19:24:36  <Ammler> well, we started without :-)
19:24:46  <Alberth> perhaps at that time [FS#xyz] or (rPQR) meant something to some software
19:24:47  <Ammler> and changed since redmine supports it
19:25:00  <Ammler> but only to reference
19:25:16  * Alberth also uses it to close issues
19:25:30  <Ammler> not here :-)
19:25:51  <Alberth> oh? It worked twice today
19:25:51  * Irwe will play some cs and drink some cider, cheers!
19:25:52  <Ammler> you need the keyword to close
19:25:56  *** Irwe has quit IRC
19:26:04  <Alberth> oh, yes, I use 'closes'
19:26:23  <Alberth> at OpenTTD we close issues manually
19:26:24  *** desrik has quit IRC
19:26:57  *** desrik has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:27:07  <Ammler> at the very start, I configured it to set it to "Resolved" and then you had to close it manually too
19:27:37  <Ammler> but that we changed quite fast
19:28:10  <planetmaker> referencing keywords: refs,references,Issue,add,updated,part of,part,*
19:28:20  <Ammler> * means everything
19:28:23  <planetmaker> closing keywords: fixes,closes,fix,close,bug,fixed,feature
19:28:35  <Ammler> so no keyword needed for reference
19:28:48  <Alberth> #xyz was enough for a reference, wasn't it ?  :)
19:28:52  <Ammler> yes
19:29:11  <planetmaker> probably even xyz
19:29:16  <Ammler> no :-)
19:29:23  <planetmaker> ok :-)
19:29:23  * Alberth hopes not
19:29:45  <Ammler> *#999
19:30:04  <Alberth> gets very interesting when issue numbers and revisions come close to each other :p
19:30:39  <Ammler> also I see that it doesn't reference both, if you use (r345-r356)
19:30:43  <Ammler> only the last one
19:31:15  <Alberth> you want the whole range then :)
19:31:18  <Ammler> hmm, that is another task anyway
19:31:36  <Ammler> just displaying
19:31:43  <Alberth> gets nice with large ranges as with my gui rewrite :)
19:32:41  <Ammler> it should be possible to reference commits manually
19:32:58  <Ammler> still a open task in redmine
19:33:43  <Alberth> " (r15800-r18350) "
19:34:01  <planetmaker> :-P
19:35:00  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 883: Change: partial code support for controlling indust... (andythenorth) @
19:38:52  <Ammler> hmm, it does reject every push
19:39:24  <Ammler> Alberth: am I able to debug somehow?
19:39:55  <Ammler> something like echo ...
19:40:02  <Alberth> 'print' will show up at the child screen
19:40:10  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Revision 23: Change: New snowed rail sprites for TTDP mode (planetmaker) @
19:40:54  <Alberth> ie    print "i am here"
19:45:09  <Ammler> <-- something else?
19:46:18  <Ammler> yes, hook not available
19:46:55  <Ammler> works :-)
19:47:08  <Alberth> hmm, then the message makes sense :)
20:07:50  <Brot6> NFO Meta Language - Revision 229: Fix: Check for readability as well as existence of inupt files. (Alberth) @
20:07:55  <Alberth> push still works :)
20:08:52  <Alberth> now if it also did pselling checks.... :)
20:09:58  * Alberth ponders about eliminating the "import *" lines
20:33:55  <DJNekkid> !logs
20:34:00  <DJNekkid> +logs
20:34:05  <DJNekkid> *something
20:34:28  <DJNekkid> nvm, its in the topoc
20:34:49  <DJNekkid> ehm, no its not :)
20:35:02  <Ammler> @logs
20:35:02  <Webster> Logs:
20:37:20  <DJNekkid> ahh :)
20:37:22  <DJNekkid> tagging :)
20:37:35  <Ammler> why you need irc log to see that?
20:38:03  <DJNekkid> too low buffer i guess
20:38:16  <Ammler> no, I meant that is in the changeset log
20:39:27  <Ammler> anyway, it didn't help, as you uploaded a modified beta1
20:40:47  <DJNekkid> my hg-skills suck :)
20:42:09  <Ammler> hg tag <version> && hg up <version>
20:42:51  <Ammler> as with tagging, you change the rev to the commit where you tagged
20:43:03  <Ammler> which isn't the same
20:43:16  <Ammler> so you need to update "back"
20:43:37  <DJNekkid> i did hg tag beta
20:43:41  <DJNekkid> hg up beta
20:43:42  <DJNekkid> make
20:43:46  <DJNekkid> basicly
20:44:32  <Ammler> sounds about right :-)
20:44:51  <DJNekkid> i think i tried like 4 times, and that M always kept around .)
20:45:11  <Ammler> well, as you see the server made it without :-)
20:45:29  <Ammler>
20:45:30  <Alberth> hg up -r beta ?
20:45:56  <Ammler> Alberth: should work without too, imo
20:45:56  <Alberth> do you have a clean working copy (hg st returns nothing)?
20:46:16  <DJNekkid> i dont remember, it were like 2 weeks ago :)
20:46:23  <Alberth> oh, ok :)
20:46:46  <Ammler> DJNekkid: next time you release something just create the tag and push :-)
20:46:58  <Ammler> the server does automatically the rest :-)
20:47:12  <DJNekkid> hehe... :D
20:47:14  <DJNekkid> sure! :D
20:47:37  <DJNekkid> automaticly, or i need to wait for 17:17? :)
20:47:45  <Ammler> no, immediately
20:47:55  <DJNekkid> oki, cool :D
20:47:58  <Ammler> well, around 2mins
20:48:02  <Ammler> to build the chroot
20:49:08  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 884: Change: additional code for remapping industry colo... (andythenorth) @
20:49:16  <DJNekkid> well...
20:49:20  <DJNekkid> thats close enough :)
20:49:35  <DJNekkid> most likely faster then if i would do it manually :D
20:50:28  <Ammler> 18:18 is still the date for nightly
20:50:46  <Ammler> (CEST)
20:50:53  <DJNekkid> yea
20:51:10  <Ammler> might be 19:19 in no?
20:52:04  <DJNekkid> dont really matter i think :)
20:52:45  <DJNekkid> its 18:18 CET, but we are in CEST now?
20:54:17  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 885: Feature: eliminate sucky colors for Fertiliser Plant (andythenorth) @
20:55:04  <Ammler> now, you did it self :-P
20:57:50  <DJNekkid> great work on the server btw :D
20:59:04  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 886: Feature: eliminate colors that suck from the Glass ... (andythenorth) @
21:02:34  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
21:51:07  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
21:51:43  *** ODM has quit IRC
21:53:24  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
21:56:07  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Revision 24: Feature: Add rails in tropical climate for TTD ground sprites (planetmaker) @
22:22:47  <DJNekkid> Ammler: any experience with iceast? (or similar?)
22:26:27  <Ammler> no
22:26:31  <Ammler> I use only vlc
22:26:46  <Ammler> (for streaming)
22:27:24  <DJNekkid> oki...
22:27:46  <DJNekkid> i were thinking i might need some internet radio software one day
22:27:52  <Ammler> iceast looks like webradio thing
22:29:01  <Ammler> you need a centos rpm? :-P
22:30:44  <DJNekkid> hehe, sure? :)
22:34:33  <DJNekkid> hmm
22:34:38  <DJNekkid> seems like it actually is installed
22:39:38  <Ammler> might be, or at least in might be available from your repos already
22:39:49  <Ammler> yum install icecast
22:42:16  <DJNekkid> 2.3.2 actually were installed
22:42:26  <DJNekkid> just need to figure out how to configure it properly :)
22:43:42  <Ammler> how is that possible did you once install everything?
22:43:57  <DJNekkid> i have no idea
22:44:00  <DJNekkid> but its there :P
23:22:47  *** KenjiE20 has quit IRC
23:41:06  *** Alberth has left #openttdcoop.devzone

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk