Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 30th August 2010:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:09:44  *** KenjiE20 has quit IRC
00:27:28  *** thgergo has quit IRC
03:15:46  *** Webster has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
03:22:20  <planetmaker> <-- Yexo :-) Looks nice!
03:31:05  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
03:39:16  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
05:38:26  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
05:53:44  <andythenorth> morning
06:01:30  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1356 (New): Fishing Grounds production may need thought (andythenorth) @
06:08:48  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1357 (New): Wholesale Market needs industry window text (andythenorth) @
06:24:21  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1358 (New): Windmill industry window text (andythenorth) @
06:26:56  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1356: Fishing Grounds production may need thought (planetmaker) @
06:32:42  <andythenorth> planetmaker: I'm considering branching so I can start on 0.5....are we happy with branch and merge later?
06:38:09  <planetmaker> in principle yes. But it can become tiresome to do the transplants
06:38:40  <planetmaker> depends upon what you want to change still in the 0.4 branch
06:38:54  <planetmaker> and how much of the stuff should be in both.
06:39:13  <planetmaker> IMHO it makes only sense, if there's very little additional things
06:42:37  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #818: Sandpit improvements (andythenorth) @
06:43:37  <planetmaker> Let's say: last time I started with it I got bored with moving commits around very quickly
06:45:59  <planetmaker> and I didn't really see a nice answer to the question "why must the left-out commits NOT be part of the release?"
07:04:08  <Rubidium> because they are experimental and (still) need lots of testing?
07:04:28  <Rubidium> because they require features just introduced in trunk but not yet in stable?
07:05:06  <planetmaker> FIRS branches live shorter :-)
07:05:14  <planetmaker> Both are good reasons
07:07:46  <Rubidium> but yes, it you're not going to release a x.y.1 to x.y.z then it's probably not worth the effort
07:11:08  <planetmaker> I wonder how interesting that might be for FIRS
07:11:22  <planetmaker> It might even make sense
07:11:35  <planetmaker> Given the lacking savegame compatibility
07:11:43  <planetmaker> between major versions
07:11:59  <planetmaker> But how would one supply them via bananas?
07:12:16  <planetmaker> Probably only the highest version
07:21:53  <Ammler> you can also simply make the release and if you see later, that a bugfix release is needed, branch then...
07:30:28  <planetmaker> sounds the sane solution for FIRS actually
07:30:32  <Ammler> one advantage a branch for releases is
07:31:02  <Ammler> if you create the release, the nightly compiler does no make the same rev as nightly :-)
07:33:27  <planetmaker> :-)
07:33:43  <planetmaker> for releases it doesn't matter
07:34:05  <planetmaker> tag is tag, in which branch it may be
07:46:21  <andythenorth> I was thinking of branching so I can start 0.5 while foobar finishes some work for 0.4 which I know is started but not committed
07:46:54  <andythenorth> I could diff and revert, but that's messy
07:47:18  <planetmaker> hardly messy ;-)
07:47:41  <planetmaker> just make sure that you have the git diff style, though
07:47:49  <planetmaker> otherwise it doesn't cope with images
07:48:55  <andythenorth> I could clone the repo and start 0.5 there, but then I confuse myself - too much FIRS on my filesystem
07:49:39  *** thgergo has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
07:52:29  <planetmaker> Well. A branch is not a problem. But it means double work to some extend :-)
07:52:32  <planetmaker> That's all
07:56:32  <planetmaker> But if it means that you can continue now: then go for it
08:18:14  <Ammler> hmm, you don't need to branch to continue on 0.5
08:18:44  <Ammler> foobar should branch for the release
08:21:02  <planetmaker> hm. indeed :-)
08:21:05  <Ammler> or you create a kind of "work" branch
08:21:16  <planetmaker> better release branches
08:21:52  <Ammler> I mean that is the branch, andythenorth would make
08:22:03  <Ammler> as he doesn't work on the release
08:31:15  * andythenorth fools with sandpit water
08:49:29  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:02:38  *** Yexo has quit IRC
10:02:55  *** Yexo has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:26:49  *** KenjiE20 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:42:40  <Brot6> Snowline mod - Revision 41:25fe7440530d: Add: Croation and Lithuan translations and update of the... (planetmaker) @
10:51:56  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1276 (Feedback): Reimplement Fishing Ground without heli... (foobar) @
10:58:48  <Brot6> GRF Tools - Bug #1359 (New): test (Ammler) @
10:59:45  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 477:6f0b7eaa0936: Add support for the new object properties, variables and ca... (Rubidium) @
11:15:34  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1276: Reimplement Fishing Ground without heliport (andythenorth) @
12:46:32  <planetmaker> heli fishing!
12:47:09  <planetmaker> hm... heli is a woman's name... Dubious statement ;-)
12:48:06  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Revision 239:1c2e2dfda468: Change: man pages don't need %doc, wildcard for .txt docs (Ammler) @
12:50:08  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 479:a1ecf30a2590: Change: man pages don't need %doc, wildcard for .txt docs (Ammler) @
13:03:14  *** ODM has quit IRC
13:04:51  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
13:16:21  <planetmaker>    - Action 2 objects variablse 42, 44..46, 5F, 60..64. <-- type in nforenum changelog, Rubidium
13:16:33  <planetmaker> *typo :-P
14:58:53  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
15:00:40  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 480:6699c4a2b9d3: Change: the makefile's to use the make convention's "variab... (Rubidium) @
15:03:00  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:12:20  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Revision 240:02b4066da7f4: Change: the makefile's to use the make convention's "variab... (Rubidium) @
15:12:23  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:12:27  *** Westie has quit IRC
15:23:38  <Rubidium> planetmaker: might be of use for you
15:23:50  <Rubidium> do you ever expect openmsx to use the newgrf makefile?
15:31:29  <Rubidium> hmm, openmsx needs some serious work to "decouple" license, changelog and docs
15:33:00  <Rubidium> <- oi, you've got quite some trailing spaces :(
15:33:12  <Rubidium> and what has the "Swedish RailSet" to do with OpenMSX?
15:38:40  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:41:18  <Ammler> Rubidium: openmsx _does_ use the newgrf makefile, afaik
15:42:44  <Rubidium> Ammler: then why does it have custom GPL boilerplate when the NewGRF makefile doesn't have that?
16:05:29  <DJNekkid> gonna make the invisible engines for NuTracks now...
16:05:49  <DJNekkid> should i put some intro-dates on the different ones?
16:06:15  <DJNekkid> i.e. intro-year on the tracks unless a supported trainset is loaded
16:09:59  <Ammler> maybe just a parameter, enable tracks also if no trainset needs it
16:11:48  <Ammler> how you know, that there is a supported trainset loaded?
16:15:45  <DJNekkid> parameter is already in
16:16:09  <DJNekkid> and how do i know ... hopefully the authors tell me if they support it, and then it skips stuff
16:17:08  <DJNekkid> look at line aprox 110 in header.pnfo :)
16:20:54  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Bug #1360 (New): DevZone compile failed (compiler) @
16:21:26  <Brot6> nforenum: update from r478 to r480 done -
16:21:48  <Rubidium> wut?
16:22:07  <Rubidium> it should've assigned that to Ammler
16:22:15  <Ammler> :-)
16:22:15  <Brot6> nml: update from r692 to r693 done -
16:23:10  <Brot6> nutracks: update from r105 to r108 done -
16:23:29  * Rubidium wonders why Ammler never told me that COPYING wasn't installed for grfcodec
16:23:41  <Brot6> Following repos didn't need a nightlies update: 2cctrainset (r592), 32bpp-extra (r38), airportsplus (r53), basecosts (r20), comic-houses (r71), firs (r1297), fish (r387), frenchtowns (r3), heqs (r372), metrotrackset (r56), newgrf_makefile (r172), ogfxplus (r41), opengfx (r515), openmsx (r97), opensfx (r97), swedishrails (r147), swisstowns (r13), transrapidtrackset (r15), ttdviewer (r25), ttrs (r18), worldairlinersset (r663)
16:23:55  <Ammler> mäh, it was
16:24:12  <Rubidium> now it is, but it wasn't!
16:24:14  <Ammler> I removed that with r239
16:24:20  <Brot6> Snowline mod - Bug #1361 (New): DevZone compile failed (compiler) @
16:24:59  <Rubidium> oh... you are REALLY the cause of the problem
16:25:06  <Rubidium> not even testing your own patches
16:26:09  <Ammler> yeah, I liked to run it before nightly, but then got to do other things :-P
16:26:43  <Ammler> thy do you have txt files with extension but the license not?
16:26:54  <Ammler> why*
16:27:07  <Rubidium> because COPYING never has an extension
16:27:39  <Rubidium> it's also written in SHOUTYCASE, whereas the others aren't
16:27:43  <Ammler> hmm, why did I make nforenum right
16:28:10  <Ammler> do you fix it? :-D
16:28:17  <Ammler> as it is assigned to you :-P
16:28:25  <Rubidium> it is?
16:28:43  <Rubidium> why the F would it do that?
16:29:16  <Rubidium> you make it asplode and I have to pick up the pieces?
16:29:53  *** Westie has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
16:30:26  * Rubidium wonders how much review planetmaker does on the strings he gets passed from translators
16:31:13  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Bug #1360 (Closed): DevZone compile failed (compiler) @
16:31:14  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Revision 241:9f537eb08d46: Fix #1360 (r239): Majonaise the COPYING (Ammler) @
16:31:14  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Bug #1360 (Closed): DevZone compile failed (Ammler) @
16:34:04  <Rubidium> oh, he just didn't copy the magic thingies as he did with other strings
16:34:34  <Rubidium> and his editor must've messed up something as if I copy-paste the "broken" string from the forum it works just fine
16:35:46  <Brot6> snowlinemod: compile of r41 still failed (#1361) -
16:39:15  <Brot6> Following repos rebuilds successful without any difference to earlier nightlies builds: 2cctrainset (47 errors) (Diffsize: 2), 32bpp-extra (1 errors) (Diffsize: 13), airportsplus (Diffsize: 1), basecosts (Diffsize: 11), comic-houses (3 errors) (Diffsize: 13), firs, fish (5 errors) (Diffsize: 1), frenchtowns (1 errors), heqs (Diffsize: 1), metrotrackset (Diffsize: 1), newgrf_makefile (Diffsize: 1), ogfxplus (Diffsize: 6), opengfx,
16:39:15  <Brot6> swedishrails, swisstowns (1 errors), transrapidtrackset (Diffsize: 12), ttrs (125 errors), worldairlinersset
16:45:44  * frosch123 is quite amused about oberhümer's ogfx forum post
17:22:43  <Ammler> nice trees
17:29:45  <DJNekkid> now, how to do this REALLY properly...
17:32:30  <FooBar> what are you trying?
17:33:05  <Ammler> "The sprite following sprite 0 could not be processed." <-- silly error message
17:35:31  <DJNekkid> FooBar: adding invisible engines to the nutracks set
17:35:48  <DJNekkid> instead of track enablers and such
17:36:22  <FooBar> I don't think you can make them invisible as in not showing up in the purchase menu
17:37:18  <Ammler> a invisible engine could be nice for eyecandy
17:37:37  <DJNekkid> not invisible as such
17:37:42  <FooBar> There's a flag or property you can set to hide engine IDs from the buy menu, but then I think they also don't count as an engine being available for the track type...
17:37:48  *** Brot6 has quit IRC
17:38:02  <FooBar> bye Bread :P
17:38:50  <FooBar> DJNekkid: try and explain what you want to see as an end result
17:38:56  <Ammler> I guess, the DevZone is going to die
17:39:09  <FooBar> Nooooooooooooooo......
17:39:13  <DJNekkid> FooBar: im getting there :)
17:39:21  <DJNekkid> and it seems like its getting proper :D
17:39:22  <FooBar> ok cool :)
17:39:39  <FooBar> personally I'd rather wait for the track availability callback...
17:40:17  <DJNekkid> something you know thats comeing?
17:40:45  <DJNekkid> if so, i would prefer to wait as well :D
17:41:13  <Ammler> why do you need to enable the tracks, if there are no engines?
17:41:21  *** Brot6 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:41:42  <DJNekkid> because, for exaple, DBSET dont have support for nutracks
17:42:16  <DJNekkid> or NARS2, or UKRS etc
17:43:20  <Brot6> grfcodec: update from r238 to r241 done -
17:44:44  <Ammler> <-- FooBar 2x nfo header again
17:46:15  <FooBar> DJNekkid: it has been suggested by one or more of the devs. Whether it is being worked on I don't know
17:47:43  <FooBar> Ammler: is nforenum ran with the CPP junk in it?
17:48:07  <DJNekkid> FooBar: oki, goodie :D
17:53:21  <andythenorth> hi hi
17:53:28  <Ammler> FooBar: doesn't that happen for you?
17:53:43  <Ammler> we don't use a Makefile.local
17:53:49  <FooBar> I don't think I have the cpp stuff in it...
17:53:51  <FooBar> let me check
17:53:56  <DJNekkid> Then i guess i'll make the invisible engines, and when something "proper" pops up i'll remove them :)
17:54:21  <FooBar> actually, I do have that as well
17:54:26  <FooBar> and I do have a double header
17:54:40  <Ammler> might be since some planetmaker update
17:56:15  *** FooBar has quit IRC
17:56:22  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:56:32  <FooBar> hmmm...I disconnected...
17:56:44  <FooBar> anyways: [19:55]	<FooBar>	I guess the solution would be not providing a nfo header and letting renum do that
17:56:46  <FooBar> [19:56]	<FooBar>	or adding the header to firs.pnfo
17:56:51  <FooBar> in case you missed that :)
17:59:46  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1362 (Confirmed): Duplicate NFO header (foobar) @
17:59:53  <Ammler> I guess, it would be proper, if pm fixes it
18:00:46  <Ammler> maybe, he will see it with the bug in snowmod
18:02:24  <FooBar> It is fine if he fixes it, I didn't assign it yet ;)
18:03:46  <Ammler> it is a generic issue
18:08:08  <FooBar> yes, I think it applies to nearly all newgrfs at the devzone
18:08:42  <FooBar> but I noted it, in case it gets forgotten :)
18:21:11  <andythenorth> is pm afk?
18:21:40  <andythenorth> Ammler: FooBar is this an improvement on the Sand Pit (it's work in progress)
18:21:40  <andythenorth>
18:22:38  <Ammler> looks still like a swimming pool :-)
18:23:19  <FooBar> well, it is improved though. Would need to see it animated though...
18:24:10  <FooBar> making the lake less rectangular should improve it more I guess
18:24:19  <andythenorth> I'll do that now
18:24:28  <andythenorth> I can't diff it - images don't diff well :P
18:24:33  <andythenorth> and I can't commit it yet :)
18:26:18  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1298:b09e08b3226e: Add: psd file for sandpit (cut into t... (andythenorth) @
18:37:43  <Ammler> andythenorth: --git
18:37:48  <Ammler> hg diff --git
18:53:18  *** FooBar has quit IRC
19:04:20  <Ammler> he, another openttd release and still no opengfx :-P
19:07:38  <Ammler> Rubidium: did you backport the missing sprite thing?
19:11:55  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:12:26  <Rubidium> yes
19:12:39  <Rubidium> or at least the changelog says I did
19:18:59  <DJNekkid> hmmmm
19:20:05  <DJNekkid> im wondering if im starting to mix nfo and precompiler abit to much at times
19:35:53  <DJNekkid> planetmaker:
19:36:18  <DJNekkid> shouldnt sprites/nutracks.nfo have the "finished" product?
19:37:03  <Ammler> it has
19:37:32  <Ammler> all newgrfs are screwed
19:37:49  <DJNekkid> huh?
19:40:13  <Ammler> well, they work, just the final nfo seems broken
19:41:04  <DJNekkid> but it _do_ work?
19:41:21  <Ammler> hmm, nutracks seems fine
19:41:24  <Ammler> at least the nightly
19:41:48  <DJNekkid> i've done quite some work since then
19:42:01  <DJNekkid> trying to add the invisible engines
19:42:29  <Ammler> yeah, don't worry :-)
19:43:14  <Ammler> why not adding a visible invisible engine?
19:43:24  <DJNekkid> and instead of some includes, it say things like: #1 "sprites/nfo/support/2cc-trainset.pnfo"
19:43:25  <Brot6> DJNekkid: #1 is "Infrastructure Sharing - Feature #1: Depot switches - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
19:43:40  <DJNekkid> where i would like to see the preprocessed content
19:44:15  <FooBar> isn't the processed content right below?
19:45:06  <Ammler> oh, you have the header also twice
19:45:06  <DJNekkid> no
19:45:17  <DJNekkid>
19:45:37  <DJNekkid> no to FooBar
19:45:40  <DJNekkid> and, i have?
19:46:35  <FooBar> have you pushed all your changes so that I can try here?
19:46:44  <DJNekkid> i heavent
19:46:46  <DJNekkid> but i can :)
19:46:50  <FooBar> hmmm
19:46:51  <Rubidium> that's #..... stuff after preprocessing is for the subsequent compilers so they can give the error message with the right line number
19:46:53  <FooBar> better send a diff then
19:47:03  <FooBar> it's better not to push things that don't work
19:47:14  <DJNekkid> it dont break anything tho
19:47:22  <FooBar> ok, what you want then :)
19:47:31  <DJNekkid> hg diff <diff.diff ?
19:47:47  <DJNekkid> or how is that done? :)
19:48:17  <FooBar> hg diff --git >file.diff
19:48:40  <DJNekkid> do i need to "hg add" all files first?
19:48:50  <Ammler> yes, you can
19:48:50  <DJNekkid> yes i do
19:48:51  <FooBar> probably
19:49:29  <Ammler> you should add [diff] git=1 to your ~/.hgrc
19:50:05  <DJNekkid> diff added to nutracks files
19:50:11  <FooBar> ok, thanks
19:50:27  <FooBar> hmmm...that's probably announced shortly...
19:50:53  <Ammler> don't wait for it :-P
19:51:01  <DJNekkid>
19:51:40  <Brot6> Nutracks - file.diff (DJNekkid) @
19:51:46  <FooBar> there we go :P
19:51:59  <FooBar> but I already downloaded it
19:53:11  <FooBar> hmmm patch failed miserably... do you have some unpushed commits?
19:53:45  <DJNekkid> apparently :P
19:53:47  <Ammler> why do you need the patch?
19:53:56  <DJNekkid> pull now and see
19:53:57  <Ammler> the nightly does have those "bugs" already too :-)
19:54:01  <FooBar> so that DJ doesn't have to push things that don't work
19:54:41  <FooBar> ah, that works :)
19:54:48  <Brot6> Nutracks - Revision 109:7dc361d55460: Change: Further upgrades to the action14s (DJNekkid) @
19:56:28  <DJNekkid> look at line around 555
19:56:47  <DJNekkid> when the file is "make"'ed
19:58:01  <FooBar> what file is the "Trainset support stuffs" in?
19:58:21  <FooBar> still header?
19:58:24  <DJNekkid> eys
19:58:25  <DJNekkid> yes
19:58:29  <FooBar> ok
19:58:36  <andythenorth> FooBar: planetmaker Ammler....improved?
19:58:40  <DJNekkid> should probably move it somewhere...
19:58:43  <DJNekkid> anyway
19:59:00  <FooBar> andythenorth: yes, very much :)
19:59:05  <DJNekkid> i dont see any difference between line 118/19 and 132
19:59:14  <DJNekkid> but 132 works, and 118 and 19 do not
19:59:15  <andythenorth> I liked the old one, but happy to oblige :D
20:00:03  <DJNekkid> but "vanilla.pnfo" is pared, 2cc-trainset.pnfo is not
20:00:20  <DJNekkid> and "invisible.pnfo" underneeth isnt parsed either
20:01:11  <Ammler> andythenorth: old=left?
20:01:12  <FooBar> hmmm, I see what happens. You include something halfway down a sprite, but due to the # stuff it gets cut in two
20:01:18  <andythenorth> Ammler: yes
20:01:53  <DJNekkid> FooBar: halfway down a sprite?
20:01:58  <DJNekkid> the sprite is finished
20:04:11  <andythenorth> FooBar: looks like sandpit improvements might make it to 0.4 then :)
20:05:32  *** FooBar has quit IRC
20:05:38  <DJNekkid> bah
20:06:01  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
20:06:09  <DJNekkid> FooBar: halfway down a sprite?
20:06:11  <DJNekkid> the sprite is finished
20:06:18  <FooBar> yeuch... internet is very unstable today :S
20:06:25  <FooBar> sorry about the delay
20:06:25  <DJNekkid> or am i not seeing anythng?
20:06:33  <FooBar> I don't think this is allowed: #include TMPL_INVIS_ENGINE
20:06:47  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1299:5cd5c5f91ba0: Feature: improved appearance of Sand Pit (andythenorth) @
20:06:51  <DJNekkid> i do it in 2ccset
20:06:59  <FooBar> you do?
20:07:04  <DJNekkid> LOTS
20:07:11  <FooBar> hmmm
20:07:16  * FooBar looks some more
20:07:57  <DJNekkid> TMPL_blah is #defined in ids.pnfo :)
20:08:58  <FooBar> I saw that, just didn't think it was possible to include stuff that way
20:09:50  <FooBar> then I'm afraid I don't know what's going on there...
20:10:22  <FooBar> what you did seems fine to me
20:10:36  <DJNekkid> me2!
20:12:31  <Ammler> me 3!
20:13:28  <DJNekkid> i guess we just have to wait for the maker of planets :)
20:14:18  <FooBar> maybe not... it appears that none of the #ifdefs matches, so nothing is included
20:15:24  <FooBar> maybe because in 2cc-trainset you use USE_3RDC_INVIS_ENGINE, but in invisible you use USE_3RDC
20:16:24  <FooBar> you should look into that, I think that's the problem
20:16:49  <DJNekkid> i'll see after big bang theory
20:16:54  <FooBar> :)
20:17:10  <FooBar> actually, that is the problem ;)
20:17:42  <FooBar> I tested by changing one of the #ifdef and then it does include what it should include
20:17:47  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1300:ec8fecb2d4ee: Feature: remove redundant fence for S... (andythenorth) @
20:17:57  <andythenorth> FooBar: what do you think of sandpit in desert resp. presence of water
20:17:59  <andythenorth> ?
20:18:15  <FooBar> hmmm... maybe there shouldn't be water
20:18:33  <Ammler> :-)
20:18:51  <andythenorth> or we prevent building in desert
20:18:55  <FooBar> I never played desert, so I didn't notice that before
20:19:15  <FooBar> also possible, but IMO you should prevent building in rainforest.
20:19:27  <FooBar> there's no point in digging for sand in a rainforest when the desert is nearby
20:19:32  <andythenorth> :)
20:19:41  <andythenorth> I'm thinking to just allow both for now
20:19:44  <FooBar> you can dig for gravel in the rainforest though
20:19:47  <andythenorth> and not worry about the water
20:20:07  <FooBar> that's fine, it can be changed sometime later if we want to :)
20:20:28  * andythenorth experiments
20:21:23  <FooBar> seems 0.4 == r1300 is a bit problematic now ;)
20:22:28  <Ammler> no! :-D
20:22:36  <FooBar> Also I think FIRS needs a new motto for the 0.4 release. Instead of "1000 commits and counting"
20:22:55  <FooBar> How about "birthplace of modern NewGRF technology" :P
20:23:05  <andythenorth> ok
20:23:12  <FooBar> as most of the devzone stuff is tested on FIRS anyways ;)
20:23:48  * andythenorth is not convinced by this :P
20:24:03  <Ammler> "the last big nfo project"
20:24:24  <DJNekkid> should be more ... desert-like
20:24:27  <FooBar> that could work
20:24:36  <andythenorth> maybe in 0.6 :P
20:24:50  <andythenorth> it would require some very careful landscape checks
20:24:55  <FooBar> "birthplace of modern NewGRF technology" is a better motto for the devzone itself actually
20:25:01  <andythenorth> otherwise it would get half-water, half desert :o
20:25:35  <FooBar> I'm not convinced either. Especially as you don't need a crane in this case...
20:25:54  <FooBar> or dragline or whatever that is
20:27:06  <andythenorth> I'm not convinced of best route on desert sand pit
20:27:14  <andythenorth> so I will just leave it as is for now :)
20:27:18  <FooBar> good
20:27:39  <FooBar> maybe it needs to be not a pit but just machinery digging into some desert dune
20:28:06  <andythenorth> just the screens + conveyors?
20:28:22  <FooBar> + some digging into hillside
20:37:25  <andythenorth> hmm
20:37:37  <andythenorth> preventing Sand Pit in desert does look better with current sprites
20:37:46  <andythenorth> I might commit that, we can revisit it later
20:37:56  <andythenorth> FooBar: do you mind that? ^
20:38:02  <FooBar> not at all :)
20:39:35  <andythenorth> we can create an alternative layout later that *is* allowed to build in desert
20:40:04  <andythenorth> so I should update the gravel pit as well
20:40:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1301:8be652d81762: Feature: don't allow Sand Pit to buil... (andythenorth) @
20:43:23  <FooBar> actually, yes :)
20:44:39  <FooBar> I don't think the gravel pit should ever built in the desert. There's no gravel there
20:45:23  <andythenorth> I've adjusted that :)
20:46:35  <andythenorth> FooBar: pull and have a look :)
20:47:04  * andythenorth wonders what colour to use for clay
20:47:21  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1302:755a2ddd9302: Feature: improve Gravel Pit graphics ... (andythenorth) @
20:49:36  <FooBar> there's mostly two colours of clay: light grey and terra-orange (or how you'd say that)
20:50:33  <FooBar> the grey type is mostly found at river- and seasides (i.e. river clay and sea clay respectively)
20:51:12  <andythenorth> I'm going grey I think.  It needs to stand for china clay and building clay
20:51:32  <FooBar> ok, grey is used for both, so that is good
20:51:35  <andythenorth> depends on what spare colours I can find that aren't used in sand pit / gravel pit
20:54:12  <andythenorth> FooBar: oops, I blitzed through r1300 :o
20:54:22  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1303:0e70dc7a92de: Cleanup: rename quarry pcx file as gr... (andythenorth) @
20:54:22  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1304:c68155f52031: Cleanup: rename quarry pnfo file to g... (andythenorth) @
20:54:22  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1305:5d2cb6a3512a: Cleanup: rename quarry layouts tile t... (andythenorth) @
20:54:34  <FooBar> yes, I remarked that some time ago ;)
20:54:48  <andythenorth> heh
20:55:00  <FooBar> [22:21]	<FooBar>	seems 0.4 == r1300 is a bit problematic now ;)
20:55:06  <Rubidium> 1337?
20:55:16  <FooBar> :)
20:59:07  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1306:4f403721a8f2: Add: pcx for Clay Pit (andythenorth) @
20:59:10  *** FooBar has quit IRC
21:00:27  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
21:00:44  <FooBar> that is like the fifth time today :@
21:01:00  <DJNekkid> yey
21:01:03  <DJNekkid> im getting somewhere! :D
21:01:08  <andythenorth>
21:01:15  <andythenorth> claypit next to sandpt
21:01:20  <andythenorth> works for me
21:02:04  <FooBar> I'd say add some more grey colours, but the difference is clear enough
21:02:50  <andythenorth> think the grey will make it harder to distinguish from gravel pit
21:03:02  <FooBar> hmmm... probably
21:03:05  <andythenorth> I thought of drawing a quarry to replace gravel pit
21:03:07  <FooBar> keep it like this then :)
21:03:21  <andythenorth> I would want to do a very slope aware quarry though
21:03:43  <andythenorth> which means something like 8*16 graphics, just for a basic layout :o
21:03:45  <FooBar> how does this "locate not too far in desert" work? Is it like at least one tile needs to be on rainforest?
21:03:51  <andythenorth> FooBar: probably that
21:04:02  <andythenorth> or it checks neighbouring 8 tiles
21:04:27  <andythenorth> / checks neighbouring tiles
21:04:27  <andythenorth> / if any tile is 'normal' or 'rainforest', branches to allow building
21:04:34  <andythenorth> I commented it :)
21:04:44  <FooBar> I didn't bother to look...
21:04:56  <FooBar> I just generated some games and noticed the behaviour :)
21:05:12  <andythenorth> hmm
21:05:14  <FooBar> it builds mostly on rainforest
21:05:20  <andythenorth> yup, that would be correct
21:05:43  <FooBar> ok, that's good then. Just wondered how it worked :)
21:06:25  * andythenorth thinks bedtime
21:06:40  <andythenorth> good night
21:07:45  <FooBar> ok, good night!
21:09:53  <SmatZ> good night, andythenorth
21:53:03  <frosch123> <- more stuff
21:53:07  <frosch123> but, night :)
21:53:13  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
22:12:04  <Ammler> is var42 pop only a factor, else 65k would be a bit low, wouldn't?
22:12:56  <Ammler> could be *100
22:14:22  *** XeryusTC2 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
22:14:44  *** XeryusTC2 is now known as XeryusTC
22:18:47  *** FooBar has quit IRC
22:19:12  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
22:25:20  <FooBar> night!
22:25:22  *** FooBar has quit IRC
22:29:36  *** ODM has quit IRC
22:50:35  <Yexo> planetmaker: can you tell me where the feature 0x12 in nml r690 comes from?
22:51:58  <Yexo> before I forget: thanks for the nice work on nml this weekend, I only see it now :)
22:52:34  <Rubidium> I like that question :)
22:52:56  <Rubidium> I *think* the 0x12 in the line above
22:57:55  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1350 (Closed): double GRF name and description (Ammler) @
22:57:55  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1350 (Closed): double GRF name and description (yexo) @
22:57:55  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 694:96e9006736a7: Fix #1350: default translation of grf name/desc... (yexo) @
23:03:20  <Ammler> he, so Rubis sugestions got silentely rejected :-)
23:06:15  <Rubidium> YOU didn't change it to a feature request!
23:06:35  <Yexo> too much work :p
23:06:43  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 695:9097e20b6664: Fix (r692): some general fixes to the action0 p... (yexo) @
23:06:59  <Yexo> the bug is fixed for now, everyone is free to reopen it as a feature request
23:07:05  <Yexo> but then it'll get a low priority
23:13:00  <Yexo> gn everyone
23:21:21  <Ammler> :-)
23:54:45  *** KenjiE20 has quit IRC

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk