Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 4th September 2010:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:02:50  <Ammler> at least the .mq repo looks fine
00:03:18  <Ammler> but I guess, I need locally also some updates
00:03:26  <Rubidium> the CF seems to have r20725 "picked" up
00:07:24  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Revision 58:65825fdd987e: Fix: solve another warning (GeekToo) @
00:07:40  <GT> too late, I guess ?
00:07:51  <Ammler> well
00:07:59  <Ammler> it might not be the last build
00:08:03  <GT> but it's just a warning, nothing essential
00:08:16  <Ammler> but the current tag is building on the cf
00:09:35  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: update from r20725 to r20725 done (2 errors) -
00:17:46  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: update from r20725 to r20725 done (2 errors) -
00:22:25  <GT> I call it a day, will see what happened tomorrow, cu
00:22:45  <Ammler> gute Nacht
00:22:57  <GT> Auf wiedersehen
00:23:47  *** GT has left #openttdcoop.devzone
00:24:03  *** KenjiE20 has quit IRC
00:31:56  <Brot6> Bundles Update: r20725 2010-09-04 32bpp-ez   (
00:35:58  *** thgergo has quit IRC
01:02:34  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #380: TTDPatch support (Ammler) @
01:37:03  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #942: Profit icons are too similar to "moving" icon (2006TTD) @
01:44:47  <DJNekkid> cheers mates :D
02:50:26  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Feature #1403 (New): Replace Animation Colors (Froix) @
03:45:35  <Brot6> Redmine HG Patch Queue - Revision 136:35a54725ae75: add desc (Yuya Nishihara) @
03:45:35  <Brot6> Redmine HG Patch Queue - Revision 137:020bfcc45277: readme: add the status of mirror on bitbucket... (Yuya Nishihara) @
03:45:35  <Brot6> Redmine HG Patch Queue - Revision 138:a7f2ec8a9198: readme: fix link and messages (Yuya Nishihara) @
07:16:24  <Brot6> Example NewGRF Project - Revision 174:5060fb9ea7ec: Add: Script copying all needed files to a new... (planetmaker) @
07:42:02  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
07:53:44  <andythenorth> morning
08:17:14  *** Alberth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:17:31  <planetmaker> good morning
08:17:45  <andythenorth> planetmaker: about releasing FIRS 0.4....I've made new commits this morning that don't belong in 0.4.  If I push them, we can still up to an older rev to tag 0.4 yes no?
08:22:07  <planetmaker> you can tag any version 0.4, yes
08:22:41  <planetmaker> though it's easier, to tag the last. But... you can always create a branch :-)
08:22:58  <planetmaker> when changes to an earlier version for 0.4 is needed
08:23:18  <andythenorth> thanks
08:23:45  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1321:11d39959a22a: Add: copied Sand Pit nfo files to mak... (andythenorth) @
08:23:45  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1322:ac280a51b9fa: Change: basic implementation of Clay ... (andythenorth) @
08:23:45  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1323:97924006d989: Change: remove some code relating to ... (andythenorth) @
08:23:47  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1324:2bc9a2ba0b0b: Feature: added Clay cargo (andythenorth) @
08:23:48  <planetmaker> but if you already have everything in that earlier version which you want to call 0.4... why not do that then straight away?
08:23:51  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1325:41e7b3cf4373: Feature: Paper Mill now accepts Clay (andythenorth) @
08:23:55  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1326:c0d0242673a8: Feature: update Paper Mill industry w... (andythenorth) @
08:24:26  <planetmaker> hg tag --rev REV 0.4
08:24:32  <andythenorth> yup
08:24:36  <andythenorth> I'll do that soon
08:24:39  <Alberth> hello planetmaker and andythenorth
08:24:48  <planetmaker> moin Alberth :-)
08:24:48  <andythenorth> hi Alberth
08:35:35  <andythenorth> :o
08:35:40  <planetmaker> <-- Ammler, should you feel the need to convert the lumber mill (or lumper mill? :-P) to NML :-)
08:35:58  <andythenorth> I thought FooBar had already changed the FIRS GrfID
08:36:01  <andythenorth> seems not :|
08:36:07  <planetmaker> hg rollback
08:36:18  <andythenorth> can only go back 1 commit?
08:36:22  <planetmaker> yes
08:36:46  <andythenorth> clone, up to previous rev, change GrfID, tag?
08:36:52  <planetmaker> no
08:36:57  <andythenorth> hmm
08:37:02  <planetmaker> branch it
08:37:16  <planetmaker> hg up <revision to branch from>
08:37:19  <planetmaker> hg branch 0.4
08:37:26  <planetmaker> change grfid, commit that
08:37:27  <planetmaker> tag then
08:37:45  <andythenorth> ok, less worrying :)
08:37:59  <andythenorth> I'll see if Foobar turns up later, he might like to do the release :)
08:38:20  <planetmaker> andythenorth: just change the grfID on trunk then, Right now :-)
08:38:47  * andythenorth ponders wh
08:38:53  <andythenorth> at GrfID to use
08:39:01  <planetmaker> 04 :-P
08:39:27  * andythenorth looks for grfid
08:39:31  <andythenorth> can never remember where it is
08:39:38  <planetmaker> if you like I can go for preparing the 0.4 branch right now
08:39:59  <andythenorth> ok
08:40:02  <planetmaker> I'll keep the release for you two, though, of course
08:40:19  <planetmaker> which is the rev which the branch is supposed to be based on?
08:40:52  <andythenorth> r1320
08:41:30  <planetmaker> Zusammenfassung: Docs: prepare for release <-- that?
08:42:05  <andythenorth> yup
08:42:59  <planetmaker> GRF_ID             := F1 25 00 04 ?
08:43:21  <planetmaker> it ended in 20 btw...
08:44:38  <andythenorth> looks fine
08:44:49  <andythenorth> 20 was a misunderstanding by me :)
08:44:58  * Alberth ponders what chaos to cause next
08:45:25  <Brot6> OpenGFX+ Industries - Revision 0:51e0b83a782e: Initial version which allows default industries to... (planetmaker) @
08:45:51  <planetmaker> Alberth: complete a14 in nml :-)
08:46:17  <planetmaker> despite my other target versions that's actually more important ;-)
08:46:34  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1404 (New): Copy Sand staithe sprites and modify for Cla... (andythenorth) @
08:46:34  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1405 (New): Update FIRS website to reflect 0.5 industrie... (andythenorth) @
08:46:38  <planetmaker> as there should be no new newgrf anymore without some basic support
08:46:55  <andythenorth> Alberth: looking for a project?
08:47:10  <Alberth> that's easy, we disable any newgrf without a14 :p
08:47:19  <planetmaker> :-)
08:47:40  <Alberth> andythenorth: yes and no, I believe Ammler gave me a new one last week already
08:47:41  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1327:29f100531a74: Change: New grfID as we got incompati... (planetmaker) @
08:48:24  <Alberth> planetmaker: that would fit in the "chaos" idea very well :D
08:48:37  <planetmaker> :-D
08:49:18  <andythenorth> planetmaker: thanks for that
08:49:20  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1328:1dfde8219013: Feature: Cement Plant accepts Clay, n... (andythenorth) @
08:49:20  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1329:05c40d32801b: Feature: update Cement Plant industry... (andythenorth) @
08:49:27  <andythenorth> I'm away for a bit.  More FIRS later :)
08:49:35  <planetmaker> enjoy :-)
08:50:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1406 (New): Decide new industry: Brickworks or Pottery (andythenorth) @
08:50:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1407 (New): Add Cement Cargo (andythenorth) @
08:51:55  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1408 (New): Cement Plant should produce Cement Cargo, no... (andythenorth) @
08:51:55  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1409 (New): Add industry to accept Cement Cargo (andythenorth) @
08:53:02  <planetmaker> pull again, andythenorth before you continue to commit
08:54:03  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1330:38f4b8a7101a: Change: New grfID as we got incompati... (planetmaker) @
08:56:51  <planetmaker> Alberth: if you're looking for OpenTTD work and a new feature: advanced autoreplace
08:57:09  <planetmaker> so that one can define replacement not by the vehicle but by the consist
08:57:17  <planetmaker> that should keep you occupied ;-)
08:57:44  <Alberth> I was thinking one step bigger, do something useful with the groups :p
08:57:54  <planetmaker> :-)
08:58:06  <planetmaker> That's two different things IMHO
08:58:14  <Alberth> but that needs lot so of thinking first
08:58:19  <planetmaker> indeed
08:58:52  <Alberth> possibly it is different, but I don't understand how. I think their relation should be made more clear first
08:59:00  <planetmaker> do you know the posting on groupy by Brianetta ages ago?
08:59:06  <planetmaker> there's somewhere a forum thread...
08:59:19  <planetmaker> *groups
09:00:06  <Alberth> I am sure there are more threads than I like to know :)     I have yet to start
09:00:30  <planetmaker>
09:00:32  <Webster> Title: Transport Tycoon Forums • View topic - Vehicle colours (at
09:00:41  <planetmaker> yes, there are more :-) But he thought about it
09:00:54  <planetmaker> so it's one which is worth to know about
09:09:26  *** thgergo has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:16:04  <planetmaker> Alberth: IMHO a most powerful tool would indeed be, if groups allowed sub-groups. And then each sub-group could re-define an arbitrary set of group-managed properties :-)
09:16:58  <planetmaker> with properties=[colour scheme|orders|replacement rules]
09:17:00  <planetmaker> maybe more
09:18:19  <planetmaker> a first step would be to allow nested groups
09:18:35  <planetmaker> and you're our man for nested things :-P
09:19:12  <Alberth> it seems to be a *very* big change, if you think in lines/services, it is a good step. If you don't I am not sure what happens
09:20:15  <planetmaker> it's not a small step. No
09:20:35  <planetmaker> but currently a line is defined by its set of shared orders
09:20:52  <planetmaker> as such, they are a group de-facto. without being it in the group view
09:21:38  <planetmaker> it would 'just' mean that any vehicle which does NOT have shared orders gets a new group assigned
09:22:04  <planetmaker> any vehicle with shared orders gets into the group of the vehicle it shares with
09:22:51  <planetmaker> and yes, I'm aware that this is not a light-weight endeavour
09:22:57  <Alberth> well, I think we agree on the fact that current groups suck
09:23:06  <planetmaker> they're mostly pointless, yes
09:23:54  <planetmaker> what is your idea what to change?
09:24:00  <Terkhen> creating groups automatically when sharing orders would be a good first step; currently I don't use them at all because I can't be bothered to create them
09:24:04  <Alberth> I don't know
09:24:18  <planetmaker> Terkhen: :-)
09:24:22  <Terkhen> in fact I don't even know what uses they have :P
09:24:35  <planetmaker> Terkhen: they can be used in replacement rules
09:24:40  <Alberth> protecting against autoreplace
09:24:53  <Alberth> in a highly obscure way
09:25:11  <planetmaker> that hits the nail on the spot
09:26:45  <planetmaker> groups are - one way or another - about mass-management of vehicles
09:26:59  <Terkhen> hmmm... the idea makes sense, but allowing to replace at a global level or at a group level would make more sense
09:27:03  <planetmaker> and things most often needed to manage are orders and replacement. Some like colour
09:27:29  <planetmaker> Terkhen: afaik you can set to replace only vehicles in one group or another
09:27:37  <planetmaker> that is you select those...
09:28:24  <Alberth> autoreplace is also terribly broken imho
09:28:29  <Terkhen> in that case, the autoreplace GUI does not tell me which group I'm working with
09:28:38  <planetmaker> might be...
09:28:58  <planetmaker> Alberth: that's why I proposed 'rework autoreplace' when you asked for work :-P
09:29:39  <planetmaker> but groups might... be better place to start. As autoreplace could then nicely fall into place when groups got a meaning
09:34:15  <Alberth> I'd like to be sure of that beforehand.
09:35:38  <planetmaker> Well. One might not want to globally apply a replacement rule, but only on all lines which are part of the South Island operations
09:35:44  <Alberth> Also, if a player choses not to groups, it should continue to work as it is now (ie children just want to make tracks, without caring about groups). Groups are for the grown-ups
09:36:11  <planetmaker> that's why a new train would need to get its own group
09:36:13  <planetmaker> automatically
09:36:27  <planetmaker> each set of individual orders must for this to work be a group
09:36:57  <planetmaker> not caring about that then, would not change a thing
09:37:05  <planetmaker> you could still globally replace everything.
09:37:13  <planetmaker> or as now individually replace a single train
09:38:17  <planetmaker> the autoreplace gui might for that purpose get a drop-down list which shows the group wich will be affected. Default=all
09:40:16  <Terkhen> it could also get linked to the group gui, as the chain industry gui
09:40:27  * andythenorth returns
09:40:33  <andythenorth> what did I miss :P
09:43:16  <planetmaker> Terkhen: yeah, that might be a good way indeed to represent (nested) groups
09:43:24  <planetmaker> andythenorth: pull ;-)
09:44:04  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:44:17  <andythenorth> ribbit
09:46:09  <frosch123> i do not highlight on that, it sounds silly
09:46:44  <frosch123> quak andy :)
09:51:01  <Brot6> FISH - Revision 388:b9aa6380356c: Fix: flashing red pixels in Medium & Large Traders (andythenorth) @
09:51:01  <Brot6> FISH - Revision 389:271ef00058e3: Change: update changelog for 0.6.2 (andythenorth) @
09:52:18  <Brot6> FISH - Revision 390:b56037eb1ccf: Added tag 0.6.2 for changeset 271ef00058e3 (andythenorth) @
09:52:24  <Brot6> fish: update from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 done (4 errors) -
09:58:38  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1410 (New): Set map colour for Clay Pit (andythenorth) @
10:07:50  <Brot6> FISH - Feature #1143: Tow Boats (andythenorth) @
10:08:15  <Alberth> Terkhen: linking autoreplace to the group may not be sufficient, you could have several replacements from different groups happening at the same time, autoreplace sort of becomes one of the activities of a group
10:09:07  <Terkhen> hm, you are right
10:10:19  <Brot6> FISH - Feature #1411 (New): Lumber and Wood graphics for Coasters, Traders (andythenorth) @
10:10:20  <Rubidium> autoreplace already is configurable per group
10:10:38  <frosch123> just wanted to say that :p
10:11:51  <Rubidium> and it can be considered a tree as well
10:12:13  <Alberth> but it is pretty much invisible for a user
10:12:23  <Terkhen> hmmm... in that case it would make sense to display the group in the autoreplace GUI
10:12:56  <Terkhen> (the name of the group)
10:13:32  <frosch123> there is some three years old patch on flyspray about that :p
10:13:54  <Terkhen> I'll take a look at it :)
10:14:29  <frosch123> fs#1117 :p
10:14:36  <Alberth> I was more owondering about fixing another age-old problem, namely replacing other parts of the train too
10:14:45  <frosch123> never got around to it later+
10:15:24  <Terkhen> Alberth: that might be related to refitting only some wagons (at least the GUI part of both problems)
10:15:26  <Alberth> having a replacement train for a group would be neat
10:15:27  <frosch123> Alberth: you mean replacing certain consist layouts with other consists?
10:15:46  <Alberth> frosch123:  yes
10:16:05  <frosch123> that has always been considered a gui issue, i.e. noone could design a sane one :)
10:16:35  <Alberth> if you throw all trains at one big heap, you also have a selection problem
10:16:48  <Brot6> HEQS "Heavy Equipment" Set - Bug #509 (Closed): Camelback Mountain (andythenorth) @
10:16:51  <frosch123> but some clone-like interface might work
10:17:21  <frosch123> like shared olders. changing one train will send all other trains to depot, and change to same layout
10:17:31  <Alberth> groups would fix the selection problem, possibly entirely
10:17:33  <Rubidium> but... you need regexpes :)
10:17:47  <frosch123> :p
10:18:09  <Brot6> HEQS "Heavy Equipment" Set - Feature #1386: separate trams form road vehicles (andythenorth) @
10:18:15  <Alberth> Rubidium: many programmers already consider REs to be too complicated, let alone non-programmer users
10:18:44  <Rubidium> [SH40]{2}[COALWAGON]{4..10,14..20} -> ...
10:19:30  * andythenorth refuses to learn regex
10:19:39  <Alberth> a list of concrete trains at the left, with their replacements at the right would be feasible
10:19:46  <frosch123> \([ANY]\)[COALWAGON]{9} -> [COALWAGON]{12} ?
10:19:55  <Alberth> andythenorth: your loss
10:20:00  <Terkhen> IIRC there was a patch that allowed to autoreplace using the console, I don't remember if that autoreplace had more features than the usual one
10:20:07  <andythenorth> for the kind of (GUI) work I do, if it needs regex, the problem is being made too complicated :P
10:20:20  <frosch123> Terkhen: it could add/remove wagons iirc
10:20:36  <Brot6> HEQS "Heavy Equipment" Set - Feature #1283: Proportion parameter (andythenorth) @
10:20:55  <Rubidium> andythenorth: but string.replace("foo", "bar") already is a regular expression
10:21:13  <Rubidium> one of the simplests, but still...
10:21:15  <andythenorth> if I learnt regex I'd know that :P
10:21:42  * andythenorth today wishes all work could be done simply by updating issue tracker :D
10:22:00  <Rubidium> one *could* even argue to string = "bar" is syntactic sugar for string.replace(".*", "bar") :)
10:22:30  * andythenorth ponders what to actually code or draw
10:23:01  * andythenorth draws a cup of coffee
10:25:19  <Rubidium> yeah, that'd be a cool new industry for toyland: coffee roasting, with Coffee shops in the towns and coffee beans being harvested in some farm
10:25:37  <Rubidium> if the farm has cats as well the price of the coffee will be a lot higher
10:27:12  <andythenorth> planetmaker: this is what you think should be improved?
10:28:05  <Alberth> Rubidium: and everybody outside The Netherlands will have an entirely different idea about what 'Coffee shop' means :p
10:29:53  <Rubidium> it's more the Dutch...
10:46:47  *** KenjiE20 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
10:49:07  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #380: TTDPatch support (Ammler) @
10:49:30  <frosch123> call it TTDP support :p
10:51:38  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1412 (New): r999 issues (Voyager1) @
10:52:15  <frosch123> // Subdata - prop 09:
10:52:17  <frosch123> "\x03r\xFE\x80\x00"
10:52:18  <frosch123> 	"l\\x00l\\x00l\\x00l\\x00|\x34*\xFE\x01\x80\x00"
10:52:20  <frosch123> 		"\x01\x01\x01\x01\x01\x01\x34\x00"
10:52:24  <frosch123> everyone understands that, right?
10:53:26  <Ammler> yes, of course
10:53:40  <Rubidium> #define everyone DaleStan
10:53:46  <Rubidium> yes, everyone understands that
10:53:55  <Ammler> :-)
10:59:09  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Feature #1403: Replace Animation Colors (frosch) @
11:20:30  <andythenorth> frosch123: replacing colors sounds interestin
11:20:31  <andythenorth> g
11:22:18  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1412 (New): r599 issues (Voyager1) @
11:28:38  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1412 (Closed): r599 issues (Voyager1) @
11:28:38  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Revision 600:102d0de9ce8c: Fix: #1412 (DJNekkid) @
11:28:38  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1412 (Closed): r599 issues (DJNekkid) @
11:30:07  <DJNekkid> can everyone please read #1413 ?
11:30:08  <Brot6> DJNekkid: #1413 is "2cc train set - Support #1413: Political correctness - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
11:30:10  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Support #1413 (New): Political correctness (DJNekkid) @
11:31:36  <Alberth> done
11:32:41  <Alberth> I don't think there is a good answer here, depending on what an author considers more important, either choice can be defended
11:33:52  <DJNekkid> as i say myself...
11:33:55  <Alberth> in an extreme case, you could get thrown off the server
11:34:08  <Hirundo> andythenorth: sounds more like something for TTDViewer
11:34:36  <DJNekkid> i have not too much knowledge of the conflicts in southern/eastern europe after "the wall" fell
11:34:51  <DJNekkid> but afaik does just about everyone have problems with the nazi flag
11:35:36  <Alberth> yeah, it would be unwise to use that flag. It would be reason for me not to play with that set, tbh
11:35:57  <DJNekkid> yup...
11:36:02  <DJNekkid> but then again, sovjet flag?
11:36:07  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Revision 59:c8893597dc7d: Fix: size_t to uint32 gave warning on 64bit compiling (GeekToo) @
11:36:10  <frosch123> you would also get trouble with distributiing it in germany
11:36:29  <Alberth> but that is my choice, just as a newgrf author has the choice to use that flag
11:37:05  <frosch123> imo choose the flag where the engine would be build today. i.e. the country the factory stands today in
11:37:12  <Alberth> as for the sovjet flag, I have no feelings for either flag, so I would not care, but perhaps others would
11:37:40  <planetmaker> just use the flags of the countries as of today, I say
11:37:50  <planetmaker> in case of doubt: chose any of the possible ones
11:38:05  <planetmaker> so... I agree with frosch123
11:38:13  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Bug #1414 (New): DevZone compile failed (compiler) @
11:38:44  <Alberth> I'd stay away from the controlversial ones, which probably boils down to using flags in use today
11:39:07  <planetmaker> yeah
11:39:13  <DJNekkid> in other words, i should probably remove the sovjet one, and replace with mostly russian, and possibly ucraine
11:39:14  <Alberth> s/ol/o/
11:39:36  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Bug #1414: DevZone compile failed (Ammler) @
11:40:44  <Alberth> we wouldn't care either way, and you would be doing russian/ucraine people a favor, I think
11:41:01  <Ammler> or you make a "zensor" parameter
11:41:31  <Alberth> argh
11:42:22  <Alberth> "we removed the airplane crash from simcity, as american people might get bad 9/11 memories"
11:42:44  <Ammler> serious?
11:42:49  <Alberth> yes
11:43:00  <Alberth> from micropolis nowadays
11:43:00  <Terkhen> really?
11:44:04  <Alberth> yep, I documented all the c code a few months before I became an openttd dev, so I have seen all code
11:44:29  <Alberth> and there is a empty case  in the disaster switch
12:08:43  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: compile of r20725 still failed (#1414) -
12:09:32  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Revision 60:4d559d321d01: Removed tag 20725 (GeekToo) @
12:12:55  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
12:35:21  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
12:35:27  *** thgergo has quit IRC
12:36:31  <FooBar> andythenorth: what's the idea now? Will clay be part of 0.4?
12:36:37  <andythenorth> no, 0.5
12:36:41  <FooBar> hmmm
12:36:45  <FooBar> then we need a branch :)
12:36:47  <andythenorth> planetmaker was going to branch for 0.4
12:36:52  <FooBar> ah :)
12:37:16  <FooBar> ok, carry on then ;)
12:37:36  <planetmaker> FooBar: it's already there
12:37:47  <andythenorth> FooBar: want to do the release?
12:37:52  <planetmaker> But I didn't do any release. I just added the grfID change to default + 0.4 branch
12:38:09  <FooBar> I can do the release, but I think you should put it on banananananananas
12:38:34  <FooBar> as it's linked to your account and all
12:39:13  <andythenorth> it's on the coop account ;)
12:39:19  <FooBar> planetmaker: I see the branch now too in the repository explorer, thanks :)
12:39:25  <FooBar> there's a coop account?
12:39:32  <FooBar> let me check...
12:39:33  <planetmaker> yes
12:40:48  <FooBar> ah, I see. Well, in that case I can do the release just fine :)
12:42:21  <FooBar> I'll do some basic test on 0.4 and will release it right after that then
13:03:31  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 491:5845377f364a: Codechange: Use macros to construct _dat2r. (frosch) @
13:03:32  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 492:fa324e80e2d0: Codechange: Use macros to construct _dat4. (frosch) @
13:03:32  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 493:a1c183adcfc6: Codechange: Use macros to construct _datD and _datIDs. (frosch) @
13:03:33  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 494:72212a66cded: Update: Add action D patch variables 12 and 13. (frosch) @
13:17:42  * andythenorth is worried the sandpit has now become an obsession :P
13:17:52  <andythenorth> there's always just one more pixel to tweak :P
13:18:23  <Ammler> variation!
13:18:44  <Rubidium> isn't making a good set the art of leaving out unneeded baggage? Or is that just with writing theses?
13:20:36  <andythenorth> in the case of the sand pit, the art is in avoiding bad groups of pixels (blocks of colour making horizontal or vertical lines)
13:20:46  <Alberth> the main difference is that openttd expects a fixed number of pixels, while a thesis may vary in thickness :)
13:22:40  <frosch123> baggage is a thesis about statistics with an appendix of 100 pages containing tables of random numbers
13:24:21  <Alberth> with the thesis about how to decide which page in the appendix to use? :p
13:25:10  * andythenorth blew up the game :P
13:25:50  <frosch123> no idea, but it made me decide to not worry about the length of my thesis, as the longer ones tend to the noobish ones :)
13:26:12  <frosch123> (my thesis was quite short wrt. text)
13:28:27  <Rubidium> Alberth: lies... OpenTTD doesn't expect a fixed number of pixels. A NewGRF is totally free to leave a sand pit industry out
13:29:16  <Rubidium> bah... this benchmarky thing takes a bit longer than expected
13:29:52  <Rubidium> if my math is right it'll need another hour :(
13:30:00  <Rubidium> I so hoped it was done when I returned
13:40:14  * Rubidium likes frosch123's recent commits to NFOrenum
13:42:15  <frosch123> :) action0 will be a b* though
13:42:16  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1331:d86cdff7e949: Added tag 0.4.0 for changeset 29f1005... (foobar) @
13:42:41  <Brot6> firs: update from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0 done -
13:52:56  <Rubidium> FooBar: if you mention a strict openttd version requirement, maybe it's wise to mention the version in the forum post
13:58:17  *** FooBar has quit IRC
14:01:03  <Ammler> - Cane Plantation (yes, we added it and removed it in the same release!) <-- lol
14:13:35  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 495:1a3ed9230263: Fix: release 4.0.0 is done, so nightly should be newer (Ammler) @
14:16:01  <Brot6> GRFCodec - Revision 245:83ae3be4b939: Fix: nightly version was still pre 1.0.0 (Ammler) @
14:25:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1332:442bffc38638: Feature: significantly tweaked Sand P... (andythenorth) @
14:33:37  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Revision 601:dd6f1066bbf8: Change: Moved some of the action14/parameter stuff int... (DJNekkid) @
14:37:29  <Brot6> Nutracks - Revision 115:178140779ec8: Change: Moved some of the action14/parameter stuff into the... (DJNekkid) @
14:39:47  <DJNekkid> so...
14:39:59  <DJNekkid> what more is needed to be fixed before 2.0beta4?
14:41:04  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1415 (New): DRB Class 52 misalignment (Voyager1) @
14:42:47  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1415 (Closed): DRB Class 52 misalignment (Voyager1) @
14:42:47  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1415: DRB Class 52 misalignment (DJNekkid) @
14:42:47  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1415 (Closed): DRB Class 52 misalignment (DJNekkid) @
14:45:07  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
14:45:28  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Revision 602:853de4069d23: Fix: Change the name of the 'Konkar KDVM' to 'Konkar DVM' (DJNekkid) @
14:45:28  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Bug #1319 (Closed): Koncar KDMV (DJNekkid) @
14:47:28  * andythenorth never wants to open that fricking sand pit graphic file again :P
14:48:02  <DJNekkid> hehe
14:48:07  <DJNekkid> sick of it?
14:49:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1416 (New): Missing industry images (Muzzy) @
14:54:23  <andythenorth> :P
14:56:49  <Ammler> hehe, nice bug report
14:58:56  <Ammler> #1353 could be closed, also maybe you should close the version 0.4
14:58:56  <Brot6> Ammler: #1353 is "FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1353: Bump grfID for 0.4 - breaks older savegames - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
15:02:40  *** FooBar has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:08:46  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 496:5cf76051282c: Codechange: Use macros to construct _dat2v. (frosch) @
15:13:26  * frosch123 wonders about the v2 data for bridges
15:13:34  <planetmaker> indeed, Ammler
15:13:36  <planetmaker> done
15:14:41  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1353 (Closed): Bump grfID for 0.4 - breaks older savegames (planetmaker) @
15:17:47  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1416 (Rejected): Missing industry images (Muzzy) @
15:17:47  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1416 (Rejected): Missing industry images (foobar) @
15:18:23  <Ammler> FooBar: :-D
15:18:36  <Ammler> I like boxes
15:18:58  <FooBar> I like actual graphics better, but some boxes are actually quite useful to have :)
15:19:05  <Ammler> Is that somehow a call for contributions?
15:19:10  <Ammler> or what is the idea behind?
15:19:40  <Ammler> maybe you should write that in the forums
15:19:58  <FooBar> not really. The idea was that we wanted to include those industries to make some chains more complete, but we didn't want to draw anything yet
15:20:04  <FooBar> I'll add a note to the release post
15:20:19  <Ammler> also close version 0.4 in the roadmap
15:20:42  <Ammler> (maybe create a version 0.4.1
15:24:28  <FooBar> I just closed it ;)
15:24:43  <FooBar> We can create a 0.4.1 as soon as we need one
15:25:34  <andythenorth> FooBar: we need an industry to accept cement.  Do you prefer a concrete plant, or a construction yard?
15:25:50  <FooBar> both? :P
15:26:05  <FooBar> but I guess the construction yard
15:26:21  <FooBar> problem with the concrete plant is that it needs a reasonably recent introduction date
15:26:25  <andythenorth> planetmaker suggested a town industry - builders yard
15:26:33  <andythenorth> accept only
15:26:39  <FooBar> something like that could work
15:26:51  <Alberth> a DIY shop :)
15:26:56  <FooBar> and then maybe add the concrete plant later, as it might look good
15:27:17  <andythenorth> brb - baby noises
15:27:33  <FooBar> does anybody know if it's possible that I cannot download FIRS via ingame download due to mirrors not being synchronized yet?
15:27:41  <Alberth> andythenorth: a non-maskable interrupt :p
15:28:25  <FooBar> you can put a mask on, but that doesn't stop the noises :P
15:29:15  <Alberth> slightly different:
15:29:16  <Webster> Title: Non-maskable interrupt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (at
15:32:45  <Ammler> Reports should not be able to chose version...
15:32:51  <Ammler> Reporters*
15:33:09  <Alberth> why not? they know what version they use
15:33:37  <Ammler> yes, but the tracker is about target version
15:36:01  <Alberth> what is a target version?
15:36:26  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 497:04b95200399b: Codechange: Resolve some more magic in _dat2v. (frosch) @
15:36:57  <Ammler> Alberth: what the raodmap is mainly for, defining in which version the ticket will be closed
15:37:14  <Alberth> ah
15:37:35  <Ammler> not really needed in our projects, though
15:38:33  <FooBar> It's mainly used for "this I want in the next release"
15:39:34  <Alberth> that version is indeed useless to set for a user, but perhaps it needs another version field for the user then?
15:39:54  <frosch123> <- does everyone agree, that those are all typos/errors? or did i miss something?
15:41:25  <frosch123> the bridge data seems to be a copy of the train data
15:42:22  <Ammler>
15:42:24  <Webster> Title: Transport Tycoon Forums • View topic - [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - OpenGFX (at
15:42:38  <Ammler> planetmaker: are those brown tiles posted somewhere? ^
15:42:47  <planetmaker> which?
15:43:14  <andythenorth> FooBar: I would like to have at least one industry which processes cement (to goods / ENSP)
15:43:38  <andythenorth> the cargo chains need some though
15:43:39  <andythenorth> t
15:44:10  <FooBar> oh sure. I just picked the yard because that can be available from year 0. Otherwise we still have the problem that gravel (and now also cement) is not accepted in early years
15:44:43  * andythenorth wikis cement history
15:45:18  <FooBar> 1817
15:46:22  <FooBar> so maybe the whole cement chain needs to be introduced later than year 0
15:46:47  <andythenorth> well there is old-fashioned cement back to Roman times
15:46:53  <andythenorth> we could have an early cement kiln
15:47:00  <FooBar> possibly
15:47:16  <andythenorth> we have equivalent in blacksmith :)
15:47:29  * andythenorth would have to draw it :|
15:47:42  <andythenorth> the big cement plant should certainly be a later addition
15:47:47  <andythenorth> but cement is valid before that
15:48:28  <FooBar> ok, in that case it isn't entirely the cement as we know it today, but that shouldn't be a problem
15:48:30  <andythenorth>
15:48:31  <Webster> Title: Lime kiln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (at
15:48:32  <FooBar> it's a game, you know :)
15:48:57  <andythenorth> I'd forgotten :P
15:49:33  * andythenorth ponders cargo chains
15:49:34  <Ammler> [17:42] <planetmaker> which? <-- "Re #885: 2006TTD made some nice brownish ground tiles similar to what we have now as rocks and rough. Maybe something along those lines might be an idea? Then our ground tiles kinda follow a common theme :-)"
15:51:28  <andythenorth> FooBar: my main puzzle is gravel -> cement plant and also gravel -> construction yard (which also accepts cement)
15:52:05  <FooBar> well, the cement plant shouldn't accept gravel if we do a concrete plant
15:52:14  <FooBar> have it accept clay instead
15:52:33  <andythenorth> I've done that, and removed sand
15:52:48  <andythenorth> but chalk or limestone is the main component of cement :)
15:52:54  <andythenorth> so removing gravel is strange
15:53:20  <andythenorth> maybe gravel twice in chain is fine :o
15:53:43  <FooBar> well, there's different types of gravel involved
15:53:52  * andythenorth ponders two kinds of stone / gravel cargo
15:54:15  <FooBar> chalk/limestone gravel goes into cement. Rock type of gravel goes into concrete together with the cement
15:54:20  <andythenorth> or we could restore the power station and use fly-ash
15:54:45  <FooBar> the steel mill can also produce fly-ash
15:55:03  <FooBar> or both is fine as well
15:55:14  * andythenorth thinks we run out of cargos
15:55:31  <FooBar> I think so too...
15:56:10  * andythenorth thinks about other ingredients for concrete
15:56:28  <FooBar> water... but we're about to drop that :P
15:57:22  <FooBar> concrete is quite simple: gravel, sand, cement, water and a dash of washing-up liquid
15:57:43  <andythenorth> most of year 1 civil engineering seemed to involve making concrete
15:59:09  <FooBar> not here, I just got to make one 10x10x10 cm cube
15:59:39  <FooBar> nah, it probably was 20x20x20 cm
15:59:43  <andythenorth> did you crush it?
15:59:49  <FooBar> yep :)
16:00:16  <FooBar> I can't remember if it was any good though, but the crushing was fun
16:01:01  <andythenorth> I could draw a limestone quarry next to the cement plant :P
16:01:08  <andythenorth> then swap the cargo to 'waste'
16:01:45  <FooBar> speaking of waste...that isn't currently defined either...
16:01:52  <andythenorth> it was boring
16:02:01  <FooBar> so you can do limestone just as well, as both need a slot
16:02:49  <FooBar> I don't think waste is very interesting either by the way
16:03:04  <andythenorth> is it so bad to have gravel go two places in the same chain?
16:03:23  <FooBar> I don't think so
16:03:24  * andythenorth tries to do the maths on that
16:03:28  <FooBar> might make it interesting
16:04:00  <FooBar> normally you can dump all cargo of one type in one place; now you have to make the choice how to split it
16:04:11  <andythenorth> it's still worth delivering gravel to cement plant as it boosts the other two cargos significantly
16:04:26  <andythenorth> should it be stone, not gravel?
16:04:44  <andythenorth> I wanted aggregates, but too many players seemed to find that confusing
16:05:21  <FooBar> but let's do some other math: currently 28 cargos, remove water 27, add cement 28, add limestone 29. Then there's still 3 spare slots left, not enough?
16:05:59  * andythenorth checks
16:06:34  <FooBar> wait, then we don't have cotton
16:06:51  <andythenorth> yup
16:07:15  <andythenorth> I'm not sure the distinction between limestone and gravel holds
16:07:30  <andythenorth> same vehicles, same extraction process....similar destinations
16:08:37  <FooBar> maybe we can have a limestone quarry and a gravel pit, but both produce something like rock or stone or something
16:09:04  <FooBar> basically the same thing as combining steel and aluminium into metal
16:09:07  <andythenorth> should we try gravel as Stone and see how it looks?
16:09:44  <FooBar> go ahead
16:10:38  <andythenorth> looks ok
16:10:40  <andythenorth> I'll commit it
16:13:10  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1333:083a03fc1900: Change: try Gravel as Stone (andythenorth) @
16:13:53  <andythenorth> FooBar now we just do a construction yard industry, available any time
16:13:58  <andythenorth> accepts Stone, Sand, Cement
16:14:14  <FooBar> seems fine to me
16:14:21  <FooBar> the concrete plant can be added later
16:14:29  <andythenorth> that can be for stone buildings, or for making concrete - just change the graphics for the batching plant
16:14:39  <andythenorth> industry can stay same
16:14:40  <FooBar> I'll remove water in the meantime
16:15:09  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1334:ce517d053694: Change: Cement Plant production text ... (andythenorth) @
16:18:03  <andythenorth> FooBar: we'll put cement in slot 11
16:18:32  <FooBar> sure. Wait for me to commit the water change, otherwise it will get tricky :P
16:19:05  <FooBar> I'll just comment out everything
16:19:07  <FooBar> for now
16:19:37  <andythenorth> :o we should update ttdp wiki
16:20:40  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1416: Missing industry images (Muzzy) @
16:20:40  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Support #1417 (New): Update TTDP wiki with recent cargo changes (andythenorth) @
16:22:44  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Bug #1416: Missing industry images (foobar) @
16:26:34  <FooBar> now, wait for it and read the issue number :)
16:26:43  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1335:a47d414e2972: Feature: remove water cargo and indus... (foobar) @
16:27:11  <FooBar> hmmm it also almost matches the revision number
16:27:29  <FooBar> how cool would it be to close issue 1337 with revision 1337 :P
16:33:39  <FooBar> I'll add cement first and then close 1337 with 1337...
16:41:12  <andythenorth> nice
16:41:25  <FooBar> hmm dinner calls first...
16:41:29  <FooBar> so if you have a moment :D
16:42:53  * andythenorth is dreaming of cargo chains ;)
16:46:43  <Hirundo> Does your NewGRF factory still have enough Eng. supplies in stock?
16:47:46  <andythenorth> dunno
16:50:09  * andythenorth discovers some more problems with Cement -> Construction Yard idea :(
16:53:02  <Hirundo> Yexo, Alberth: What do we want to get done for nml 0.1.0
16:53:08  <Hirundo> ?
16:53:44  <Alberth> 'want' is easy, 'what is realistic' is a whole different matter :)
16:53:55  * Alberth looks at the open issues
16:55:29  <Alberth> how far is #964?
16:55:29  <Brot6> Alberth: #964 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #964: Complete the list of action0 properties and varaction2 variables - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:56:48  <Alberth> and how important #1031 and #1346 and #1348 are, I don't know
16:56:48  <Brot6> Alberth: #1031 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1031: support for houses - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:56:48  <Brot6> Alberth: #1346 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1346: NewObjects support - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:56:49  <Brot6> Alberth: #1348 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1348: Bridge support - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:57:09  <Alberth> PM considers completion of action 14 important
16:57:46  <Hirundo> #964 requires a sane implementation of 60+x vars
16:57:46  <Brot6> Hirundo: #964 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #964: Complete the list of action0 properties and varaction2 variables - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:58:32  <Alberth> #1043 may be interesting for TTDP compability
16:58:32  <Brot6> Alberth: #1043 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1043: NML fails on TTDPatch - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
16:59:47  <Alberth> Hirundo: and 'sane implementation of 60+x vars' implies a rewrite?
17:00:16  <Alberth> Also, do we need further docs?
17:00:46  <Hirundo> There is nothing to rewrite on the 60+x part
17:01:11  <planetmaker> I consider a14 important as we shouldn't release newgrfs anymore without support of a14
17:01:13  <Hirundo> Complete documentation and some example code is pretty important
17:01:33  <planetmaker> the other individual features are less important that being able to produce those which are supported in a decent manner
17:01:52  <planetmaker> s/that/than/
17:03:13  <Alberth> I would favor a release. Anything that postpones it unneeded can be moved to 0.1.1 or 0.2 or so
17:04:45  <Alberth> Hirundo: perhaps you can assign target versions to all bugs, and/or create new ones
17:05:47  <Alberth> I mostly agree with anything, Yexo was away for the day, but then he can verify what you did, and adjust/approve
17:06:16  <Hirundo> I would prioritise vehicles, industries+tiles and airports+tiles
17:06:59  <Alberth> airports+tiles are for the nightlies only, so not so important
17:07:46  <Alberth> unless you can do them together with some other tiles, then just do them together
17:08:09  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:08:20  <Alberth> am afk to do some shopping, back in 1/2 hour or so
17:08:22  <Hirundo> airports are very similar to industries from an nfo perspective
17:09:54  <frosch123> airports still miss the statemachine and such... rather pick objects?
17:10:23  <frosch123> objects are somewhat between industries and houses
17:10:48  <Hirundo> objects and single-tile houses can be done too
17:11:52  <Hirundo> multitile houses and stations have a non-standard nfo implementation that requires more work to provide a nice abstraction
17:12:01  <frosch123> otoh, if you want to do industries, you need cargos
17:15:30  <FooBar> crap, I committed the removal of water to the 0.4 branch...
17:18:38  <Ammler> 0.4.1 :-)
17:19:55  <Ammler> FooBar: you use gui for hg?
17:20:05  <FooBar> ofcourse
17:20:15  <FooBar> but I just didn't notice
17:20:27  <Ammler> e.g. hgtk log
17:20:35  <FooBar> I think I'll just back it out, and recommit to correct branch
17:21:42  <Ammler> oh, it is tip
17:22:16  <Ammler> why is the new grfid not in default?
17:22:37  <FooBar> it should be
17:22:46  <FooBar> I'll check after 1337 then :)
17:22:48  <Yexo> <Hirundo> I would prioritise vehicles, industries+tiles and airports+tiles <_ I agree with Alberth to scrap airports+tiles from that list
17:23:11  <Ammler> ah, indeed
17:23:16  <andythenorth> there aren't many people working on industry sets
17:23:29  <andythenorth> the big sets are all committed to nfo
17:23:41  <andythenorth> so industries + tiles might not be a top priority?
17:23:52  <Yexo> true, but it's a nice demonstration of the nml capabilities, and most of it is done already
17:24:19  <Yexo> main missing thing is var60+x support and the tilelayout
17:24:20  <Ammler> someone made a snowaware forest with nml
17:24:26  <Yexo> but the tilelayout is also needed for airports
17:24:28  <andythenorth> the nicest demonstration would be new airports :)
17:24:35  <andythenorth> but that might have...dependencies
17:24:36  <andythenorth> :
17:24:41  <Yexo> yes, but for that newgrf airports need to be finished :)
17:24:52  <Hirundo> what's blocking that?
17:25:06  <Yexo> several issues that need careful thought
17:25:28  <Yexo> like flooding newgrf airports: how to determine if a vehicle is on the ground
17:26:54  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1336:d44de154b202: Backed out changeset: a47d414e2972 (foobar) @
17:26:54  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1337:8eca13321034: Feature: remove water cargo and indus... (foobar) @
17:26:54  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1337 (Closed): Remove Water cargo and industries (foobar) @
17:31:36  <Hirundo> Because grfs can set the z-pos of grounded aircraft to something else than 0/1 ?
17:31:55  <Yexo> yes
17:33:51  * Hirundo tests
17:33:55  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1394: tile layouts (yexo) @
17:38:06  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1418 (New): Support for varaction2 vars 60+x in a nice way (yexo) @
17:39:30  <Brot6> Following repos didn't need a nightlies update: 2cctrainset (ERROR r602), 32bpp-extra (ERROR r39), airportsplus (ERROR r53), basecosts (ERROR r20), belarusiantowns (ERROR r0), comic-houses (ERROR r71), firs (ERROR r1337), fish (ERROR r390), frenchtowns (ERROR r3), grfcodec (ERROR r245), heqs (ERROR r372), metrotrackset (ERROR r56), newgrf_makefile (ERROR r174), nforenum (ERROR r497), (ERROR r486), nml (ERROR r700), nutracks
17:39:30  <Brot6> (ERROR r115), ogfxplus (ERROR r41), opengfx (ERROR r523), openmsx (ERROR r97), opensfx (ERROR r97), snowlinemod (ERROR r42), swedishrails (ERROR r147), swisstowns (ERROR r13), transrapidtrackset (ERROR r15), ttdviewer (ERROR r25), ttrs (ERROR r18), worldairlinersset (ERROR r663)
17:39:43  <Ammler> :-)
17:40:38  <frosch123> "ERROR" ?
17:40:59  <Hirundo> Yexo: Flooding either crashes all vehicles or demolishes the airport if there are none?
17:41:09  <Yexo> yes
17:41:41  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1419 (New): Documentation for all vehicle properties/vari... (yexo) @
17:41:41  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1420 (New): Documentation for all industry+tiles properti... (yexo) @
17:44:00  <Hirundo> Could the 'movement state' be used for that purpose?
17:44:09  <Yexo> that is what I'm going to try
17:44:22  <Yexo> but the movement state will be set by newgrfs, so that needs careful thought
17:44:43  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1421 (New): Example vehicle project (yexo) @
17:44:57  <Yexo> ie maybe a newgrf shouldn't be able to set the movement state to random values, but only to a few defined values and have it's own internal state per vehicle that is can use for movement
17:45:42  <Yexo> issue tracker has now 5 issues listed with target version 0.1
17:46:22  <Yexo> I think if those are complete we can release 0.1
17:46:43  <Ammler> Action14?
17:46:45  <Yexo> Hirundo: did you finish the production callback code for industries?
17:46:50  <Yexo> Ammler: ah, I forgot that :)
17:47:02  <Brot6> 2cctrainset: update from r599 to r602 done (61 errors) -
17:47:07  <Yexo> I'll finish action14 support now
17:47:47  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Code Review #1422 (New): Review (yexo) @
17:48:23  <Hirundo> Yexo:
17:48:49  <Yexo> ok, I thought so :)
17:48:49  <Yexo> thanks
17:48:56  <Brot6> firs: update from r1319 to r1337 done -
17:49:36  <Brot6> fish: update from r387 to r390 done (4 errors) -
17:49:42  <Ammler> FooBar: commenting out isn't really needed with the history :-)
17:49:50  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1421: Example vehicle project (planetmaker) @
17:50:43  <Brot6> grfcodec: update from r244 to r245 done -
17:51:02  * andythenorth ponders a 'Building Materials' cargo for towns
17:51:04  <Brot6> newgrf_makefile: update from r173 to r174 done -
17:51:09  <andythenorth> there any difference to Goods really?
17:52:09  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1423 (New): Example industry project (yexo) @
17:52:09  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1421: Example vehicle project (yexo) @
17:52:39  <Brot6> nforenum: update from r485 to r497 done -
17:54:50  <Brot6> compile of r486 failed -
17:54:54  <andythenorth> bah
17:54:58  <andythenorth> lost in commits :P
17:55:50  <Brot6> nutracks: update from r114 to r115 done (2 errors) -
17:56:01  <Brot6> Following repos didn't need a nightlies update: 32bpp-extra (r39), airportsplus (r53), basecosts (r20), belarusiantowns (r0), comic-houses (r71), frenchtowns (r3), heqs (r372), metrotrackset (r56), nml (r700), ogfxplus (r41), opengfx (r523), openmsx (r97), opensfx (r97), snowlinemod (r42), swedishrails (r147), swisstowns (r13), transrapidtrackset (r15), ttdviewer (r25), ttrs (r18), worldairlinersset (r663)
17:57:11  <Alberth> the only change would be that you need an industry in the town to bring it to, I think
17:57:25  <andythenorth> but is there any point to it?
17:57:39  <andythenorth> maybe with TownControl....
17:58:42  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1418: Support for varaction2 vars 60+x in a nice way (Hirundo) @
17:59:13  <Ammler> Hirundo: you don't need make FRs, that is for use :-P
17:59:19  <Ammler> -e
17:59:24  <Alberth> I am not sure what you mean, there is no more point in it than bringing some random cargo to some random place
17:59:54  <Hirundo> Feature [Request]: it matters little IMO
17:59:55  <Ammler> autsch
18:00:38  <Alberth> Ammler: Hirundo is trying to do ticket-based development
18:01:04  <Ammler> Alberth: I misread, he answered
18:01:13  <Hirundo> meta-work allows you to 'work' on a project without doing anything
18:01:52  <Ammler> can you change the tracker, btw?
18:02:01  <Ammler> I should make some sandbox users
18:02:24  <Alberth> Hirundo: every now and then, it is good to take a step back, and organize the project
18:04:52  <Ammler> @topic add Sandbox User PW: username
18:04:59  <Alberth> Ammler: was that to me? I can move issues between trackers
18:05:31  <Alberth> at least for NML project :p
18:05:39  <Ammler> yeah, you need to move the ticket to change the Tracker from FR to F
18:05:57  <Yexo> I added them as FR instead of F
18:06:04  <Yexo> feel free to move, doesn't really matter imo
18:06:32  <Ammler> IMO, features without a target version are FRs :-)
18:06:45  <Ammler> we added Tracker FR of request to a lovely member
18:07:07  <Alberth> our sysop has all kinds of semantics attached to tracker issues :)
18:07:31  <Brot6> Following repos rebuilds successful without any difference to earlier nightlies builds: 2cctrainset (61 errors), 32bpp-extra, airportsplus (Diffsize: 1), basecosts (Diffsize: 11), comic-houses (3 errors) (Diffsize: 13), firs, fish (4 errors), heqs (Diffsize: 1), metrotrackset (Diffsize: 1), newgrf_makefile, opengfx, snowlinemod, transrapidtrackset (Diffsize: 12), ttrs (125 errors) (Diffsize: 1322), worldairlinersset
18:08:28  <Yexo> Alberth: is #991 still a problem?
18:08:28  <Brot6> Yexo: Alberth: #991 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #991: Cyclic use of code from other modules - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
18:08:33  <Yexo> and if so, how much work is it to fix that?
18:08:39  <FooBar> Ammler: I know, but as long as we're not sure that water stays out, uncommenting is way easier than looking into history to get it back. And if we decide to keep it removed, it can be cleaned up then. IMO for now it's fine, but it needs some work later
18:08:45  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature Request #1418: Support for varaction2 vars 60+x in a nice way (yexo) @
18:09:15  <andythenorth> FooBar: opinion on a Building Materials cargo?
18:09:32  <andythenorth> produced by Construction Yard, Lumber Yard, and maybe Brickworks
18:09:37  <FooBar> instead of cement, or additionally?
18:09:40  <andythenorth> goes to town
18:09:45  <andythenorth> hmm
18:09:55  <andythenorth> additionally to cement
18:10:00  <FooBar> as cement is some sort of building material...
18:10:15  <andythenorth> I'm only 45% convinced it's a good idea
18:10:26  <andythenorth> I think 'building materials' might just be Goods
18:10:30  <FooBar> hmmm... I'm not sure yet. Let me visualize it in my head
18:10:46  <andythenorth> Cement / Sand / Stone -> Construction Yard -> Building Materials
18:11:02  <andythenorth> Lumber / Chemicals -> Lumber Yard -> Building Materials
18:11:12  <FooBar> and then it's accepted by what?
18:11:12  <andythenorth> Sand / Clay -> Brickworks -> Building Materials
18:11:22  <andythenorth> town industry....maybe a 'Builder'
18:11:30  <andythenorth> just a little one tile industry
18:11:38  <andythenorth> DIY Store?
18:12:13  <frosch123> building materials do not sound useful
18:12:13  <andythenorth> if TownControl were possible...I would have several ideas for it :)
18:12:41  <FooBar> I don't know. I don't like bringing stuff to towns
18:12:51  <frosch123> even with TownControl you would not have a Building Materials cargo, but rather tell the town it is available
18:13:18  <andythenorth> yup
18:13:19  <frosch123> (assuming the construction yard is in/near town)
18:13:35  <andythenorth> I think it's just Goods, if anything
18:13:42  <andythenorth> or there's a black hole industry
18:13:50  <andythenorth> I dislike black hole industries though
18:13:51  <Alberth> hmm, import cycle checking needs a bit of automagion
18:13:59  * andythenorth ponders
18:14:50  <FooBar> it makes sense for the brickworks
18:15:13  <andythenorth> as black hole, or other?
18:15:33  <FooBar> I mean the building materials
18:15:54  <FooBar> as otherwise the brickworks would just produce engineering supplies like the lumber yard
18:16:00  <andythenorth> that would be a problem
18:16:14  <andythenorth> 1 step for ENSP back to claypit etc
18:17:12  <frosch123> blackholes are fine when inside towns
18:17:26  <andythenorth> brickworks would just produce goods
18:17:52  <frosch123> for stuff that is delivered to towns, but makes no sense to be acccepted by the average house/shop
18:18:20  * andythenorth still ponders
18:18:48  <FooBar> I don't think I like building materials very much
18:19:14  <andythenorth> me neither
18:19:18  <andythenorth> so discount that idea
18:19:20  <FooBar> It either needs to be more spectacular or it better not be at all
18:19:40  <andythenorth> is cement justified?
18:19:43  <andythenorth> should it just be goods?
18:21:02  * FooBar ponders
18:21:06  * andythenorth thinks cement is ok
18:21:34  <andythenorth> Construction Yard can just be a black hole industry near town
18:21:37  <andythenorth> in fact, Builders Yard
18:21:51  <FooBar> true, I think that might be best
18:22:10  <FooBar> In later years, cement can then be accepted by a concrete plant which produces goods
18:22:34  <andythenorth> interestingly....a 2 tile industry can accept 6 cargos
18:22:39  <frosch123> you could produce building rubble there :p
18:22:51  <FooBar> yes, but the industry cannot process it
18:22:59  <frosch123> andythenorth: accept, but not produce something from them
18:23:04  <andythenorth> that's ok
18:23:08  <andythenorth> for black holes :P
18:24:16  <FooBar> we should limit back hole cargos
18:25:00  <andythenorth> black hole cargos would get a whole new lease of life with TownControl :P
18:25:29  <andythenorth> FooBar: so cement -> town (black hole)
18:25:33  <andythenorth> what about gravel?
18:25:42  <andythenorth> stone /s
18:25:54  <FooBar> currently food/good are 100% black hole and petrol is partly
18:27:11  <andythenorth> cement would be 100% black hole
18:27:14  <FooBar> in order to limit black hole I somehow start to like the building materials again, but on the other hand I still don't
18:27:22  <andythenorth> nah it's boring
18:27:42  <andythenorth> if we want to 'process' sand / gravel / cement for town use, it should produce goods
18:27:43  <FooBar> e.g. gravel (a building material) would be converted into building material; that's weird
18:27:52  <FooBar> same applies to sand, cement, etc.
18:28:02  <andythenorth> could be blended with sand to make aggregate mix...
18:28:12  <andythenorth> but I think we forget that cement turns into concrete
18:28:21  <andythenorth> then we don't need to worry about stone
18:28:31  <andythenorth> cement -> town (ends)
18:29:07  <FooBar> maybe everything that's a dead end should produce goods and be done with that
18:29:44  <andythenorth> I like cement for reasons of: interesting vehicles (using bulk class)
18:29:56  <andythenorth> and also routing more vehicles to town is a little harder on networks :)
18:30:04  <andythenorth> and also in future...TownControl :)
18:30:52  * frosch123 ponders renaming it to PonyControl
18:31:06  <andythenorth> NotBloodyLikelyControl ?
18:31:37  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1407: Add Cement Cargo (foobar) @
18:31:53  <andythenorth> FooBar: we'll just dump it at a builders, forget Construction Yard
18:31:58  <FooBar> anyways, I have to leave now, so ponder a bit more. Then I'll do the same as well
18:32:02  <andythenorth> ok
18:32:12  <FooBar> if you want cement, there's a diff for it ready for inclusion
18:32:17  <andythenorth> I want it :)
18:32:19  <FooBar> bye now!
18:34:48  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 701:642f8a9c4182: Feature: support for enumeration names in actio... (yexo) @
18:38:52  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 702:399d019158ff: Feature: grf version information in action14 block (yexo) @
18:38:52  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1174 (Closed): Action 14 support (yexo) @
18:39:15  <planetmaker> yippieh :-)
18:39:22  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1407: Add Cement Cargo (andythenorth) @
18:39:23  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1342 (Rejected): Construction Yard industry (andythenorth) @
18:39:23  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Feature #1409: Add industry to accept Cement Cargo (andythenorth) @
18:39:24  <planetmaker> One step further for se rails 1.0 :-)
18:40:23  *** FooBar has quit IRC
18:42:03  <Yexo> Hirundo / Alberth / planetmaker / Ammler: I added a bunch of tasks to the issue tracker marked as 0.1, but I'd like to hear it if I included anything that you think is not needed or if I forgot anything
18:42:48  <Yexo> I didn't add those as "I say this should be done and that is it", but more "if nobody makes a proper list we can keep discussiong forever on when to release it"
18:43:57  <Yexo> planetmaker: do you need more nml support for swedishrails 1.0?
18:44:02  <Yexo> or only #1043
18:44:03  <Brot6> Yexo: #1043 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1043: NML fails on TTDPatch - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
18:44:39  <planetmaker> I don't think so, Yexo.
18:45:02  <planetmaker> It was mostly done before. And action14 is what gives the parameters a nice UI
18:46:38  <planetmaker> Ammler: what's the URL for pushing using redmine credentials?
18:47:05  <Ammler> guide -> vcs -> hg
18:47:24  <Alberth> Yexo: I agree with making a list, so it becomes clear when to release. I also agree with the issues at that list (in fact I'd agree with almost any list).
18:47:58  <Yexo> ok :)
18:47:59  <Ammler> https://<user>:<password><project>
18:48:35  <Yexo> current list is: varaction2 vars 60+x, tile layouts for industries, finish/document what we already have (vehicles/industries/industry tiles)
18:48:50  <planetmaker> Ammler: I was looking. And didn't find it.
18:49:11  <Ammler>
18:50:04  <planetmaker> I just try to walk through with george, that's why :-)
18:51:15  <Ammler> ok :-)
18:56:27  <Yexo> with latest swedishrails / nml  ttdpatch doesn't crash anymore
18:56:46  <Yexo> it still doesn't work properly I think, but I need to test more
19:00:07  <planetmaker> Yexo: did you set the proper parameters?
19:00:21  <planetmaker> I.e. the first to like 3?
19:00:30  <Brot6> Total Town Replacement Set 4 - Revision 0:2341433f62ed: Add: Build system (planetmaker) @
19:00:41  <planetmaker> hm... though it *should* auto-detect ttdp
19:10:12  <Yexo> it does auto-detect ttdp correctly
19:11:13  <planetmaker> and "doesn't work" means it has no effect?
19:11:33  <planetmaker> like no sprite replacement?
19:11:38  <Yexo> yep
19:11:51  <planetmaker> What does happen, if you forcefully activate their use by using the 1st parameter =3?
19:12:35  <Yexo> nothing different
19:12:41  <planetmaker> drat
19:12:44  <Yexo> param[10] = 3;
19:12:53  <Yexo> whether I set the first parameter to 3 manually or not
19:12:59  <Yexo> so the autodetection works
19:13:01  <planetmaker> that excludes mostly a flaw in my parameter logic
19:17:16  <Yexo> ok, it's a bug in nml
19:22:43  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
19:25:28  <Yexo> fix for #1043 is a hack, but enough for now
19:25:28  <Brot6> Yexo: #1043 is "NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1043: NML fails on TTDPatch - #openttdcoop Development Zone"
19:25:38  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Bug #1043 (Closed): NML fails on TTDPatch (yexo) @
19:25:38  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 703:6492687e440e: Fix #1043: byte-sized special parameters should... (yexo) @
19:25:42  <Yexo> it needs a complete review of how parameters are handled to fix it properly
19:25:55  <Yexo> planetmaker: swedishrails works in ttdpatch now :)
19:26:06  <planetmaker> wow :-)
19:26:06  <Yexo> at least, it shows new graphics for rails, I didn't test the rest
19:26:17  <planetmaker> well. There's not much more what can work there
19:27:08  <planetmaker> or the code is identical to OpenTTD. And then it should work :-)
19:27:13  <planetmaker> Thanks a lot :-)
19:32:21  *** Seberoth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:35:20  <Ammler> planetmaker: seems not that easy with Geroge?
19:35:33  <planetmaker> well...
19:35:44  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 704:03159820c9b6: Codechange: Do not import nml root. (Alberth) @
19:35:50  <Ammler> and it fails on make?
19:37:16  <Ammler> @services op
19:37:16  *** ChanServ sets mode: +o Webster
19:37:34  <Ammler> @topic add Sandbox passwords are the same as the usernames
19:37:34  *** Webster changes topic to "Talk about things hosted and developed on | Downloads log: | Sandbox passwords are the same as the usernames"
19:55:09  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Feature #1424 (New): TGV/HST overhaul (DJNekkid) @
19:57:15  <Brot6> 2cc train set - Feature #1424 (New): TGV/HST overhaul (DJNekkid) @
20:03:14  <Alberth> Yexo: yes, there is still a cycle: nml/actions/ nml/ast/ nml/actions/
20:03:19  <Alberth> looking into it
20:04:27  <Alberth> imho actions should not import ast
20:04:38  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Revision 61:16c3cbd65c01: Codechange: limit number of floating point operation... (GeekToo) @
20:09:32  * Alberth gives spaces to Yexo for use after "#"
20:11:43  <Ammler> why again do you use spaces indent for nml, but not for openttd?
20:12:13  <Ammler> (just trying to find a formula, when using spaces and when tabs)
20:12:29  <Yexo> because using spaces is apparently standard for python code
20:12:52  <Ammler> but not for c?
20:13:12  <Ammler> or there you use it for history?
20:13:19  <Alberth> Python recommends 4 space indent
20:14:24  <Alberth> C says nothing, it depends on the local style guide
20:14:42  <Ammler> you have some special key combinations to switch?
20:14:59  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Bug #1402 (Closed): DevZone compile failed (compiler) @
20:14:59  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Bug #1400 (Closed): DevZone compile failed (GeekToo) @
20:14:59  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Bug #1402 (Closed): DevZone compile failed (GeekToo) @
20:15:17  <Alberth> my vim does that, depending on the type of file I load, and the directory of the file
20:15:53  <frosch123> most editors which know the difference of spaces and tabs can also guess the indenting style
20:16:05  <Ammler> Kate seems not able to
20:16:16  <frosch123> only kde4 kate cannot
20:16:18  <Ammler> but it has a function to cleanup
20:16:25  <Alberth> although differentiating on directory is not needed any more
20:16:33  <frosch123> one of the reason i dropped kate :)
20:16:47  <Ammler> replaced with?
20:16:51  <frosch123> geany
20:17:05  *** Seberoth_ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
20:17:19  <Ammler> maybe I should investigate KDeveloper again
20:17:29  <Alberth> Yexo: resolving the import does not seem easy
20:17:35  <Yexo> does it matter?
20:18:16  <Alberth> nice, my last commit broke nml on the cycle :(
20:18:37  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: update from r20725 to r20725 done (2 errors) -
20:19:59  <planetmaker> wow. George agreed to GPL for ttrs4 :-)
20:21:07  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 498:d1c0f512f005: Fix: Various mistakes in _dat2v. (frosch) @
20:21:09  <frosch123> when you have to talk to people to agree on gpl, i usually get the impression that they do not really understand it
20:21:23  *** Seberoth has quit IRC
20:21:55  <frosch123> e.g. like grfmaker, there is a gpl release on svn, but the original author continues with the old stuff and without (known) svn
20:22:27  <Ammler> might not be related to the license
20:23:03  <frosch123> no, not to that particular license, but general licensing and working with others
20:26:25  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 705:35b3c46e76b6: Revert (r704): Importing the module triggers th... (Alberth) @
20:28:09  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 499:c556861b932b: Fix: Documentation still refering to -?. (frosch) @
20:28:23  *** thgergo has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
20:29:26  <Alberth> Yexo: apparently not, people keep making new cycles
20:31:07  <Ammler> there is IMO GPL or similar (not CC) licenses only for community projects
20:31:28  <planetmaker> frosch123: yes, not many have actually read much about licenses
20:31:28  <Ammler> not CC because of the lack of sources
20:32:09  <Ammler> it is also a bit stupid to release something with CC but provide sources
20:32:54  <Alberth> good night
20:32:59  <Ammler> nacht
20:33:24  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches - Revision 62:3959a96467e3: Added tag r20739 for changeset 16c3cbd65c01 (GeekToo) @
20:33:41  <Ammler> :-)
20:33:52  <frosch123> someone knows about the "--extentions"/"-e" parameter of nforenum?
20:33:53  <Ammler> now to server will have stress :-)
20:37:44  <frosch123> nvm, i was just fooled by to many inconsistent documentation :p
20:39:43  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: update from  to r20739 done -
20:40:53  <Rubidium> frosch123: would it make sense for _dat2v that related is one of those TOWN, INDUSTRY defines?
20:40:53  <Brot6> clientpatches: compile of r20739 still failed (#1399) -
20:40:55  <Ammler> I guess, I start moving the rpms to a subfolder
20:41:50  <frosch123> TOWN is a bit troublesome as it has no real feature
20:42:57  <Ammler> slowly I get the idea, what the file releases.txt at is for :-)
20:43:17  <Brot6> 32bpp-ez-patches: update from r20725 to r20739 done -
20:44:47  <planetmaker> [22:28]	<George>	HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large <-- Ammler. Any way to circumvent that?
20:45:09  <Ammler> when/how did that happen?
20:45:40  <Rubidium> increase the HTTP(d)'s limits?
20:45:43  <planetmaker> pushing some psd files. Well. to the wrong address. But the commit didn't work out either... too large maybe?
20:45:52  <Rubidium> frosch123: was thinking about something like
20:45:55  <Ammler> the commit or the push?
20:46:28  <Rubidium> hmm, though they seem to be undef-ed or something
20:46:38  <Yexo> Hirundo: did you do any work on the tilelayouts already? Or did you just propose a syntax?
20:47:09  <planetmaker> upon push, Ammler
20:47:16  <Ammler> planetmaker: feel free to use the test repos to check such things self btw.
20:47:26  <planetmaker> hm, true
20:48:02  <Ammler> hmm, it would suck, if that is a issue of our server
20:48:49  <Ammler> planetmaker: also on screen 0, you have the push log
20:49:23  <frosch123> i would undef the TOWN after the varaction2
20:50:18  <Ammler> planetmaker: I rise the limit to 5MB, ok?
20:50:55  *** Alberth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
20:51:05  <Ammler> can he try again?
20:51:16  <Ammler> or what is the size of the file?
20:51:16  <planetmaker> Ammler: 6.2MB
20:51:26  <Ammler> hmm
20:51:26  <Brot6> serverpatches: update from r20725 to r20739 done (2 errors) -
20:51:28  <planetmaker> single file was afaik only half a MB
20:51:32  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1338:e49ca7bc8eed: Feature: updated Clay Pit sprites (andythenorth) @
20:51:57  <Ammler> I wonder, if you push the whole repo at once
20:52:07  <Ammler> it does still bundle it per changest, right?
20:52:16  <planetmaker> dunno
20:52:27  <Ammler> ok, 10MB now
20:52:40  <Ammler> I hope, that is the issue :-)
20:53:47  <Brot6> Total Town Replacement Set 4 - Revision 1:0de46455e3a1: Stored the PSD files I have (George) @
20:53:47  <Brot6> Total Town Replacement Set 4 - Revision 2:5b77854eb630: Added some general graphics - people (George) @
20:54:09  <Ammler> worked?
20:54:15  <Ammler> or did he change something?
20:54:45  <planetmaker> worked :-)
20:55:12  <Ammler> client_max_body_size 10M; <-- in the nginx server conf
20:57:42  <Ammler> planetmaker: shouldn't it be a subproject of TTRS?
20:57:49  <planetmaker> no
20:58:07  <planetmaker> I think they can remain separate
20:58:24  <Ammler> well, subproject doesn't mean much
20:58:39  <Ammler> just that we have a "cleaner" newgrfs index
21:01:23  <planetmaker> :-) also true
21:02:11  <Ammler> or make a project houses and move ttrs and comics there :-)
21:06:04  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 1339:ef1a40dfdc15: Feature: improved Gravel Pit graphics (andythenorth) @
21:08:53  <frosch123> Ammler: <- would that make you happy?
21:09:11  <Ammler> frosch123: me?
21:09:20  <frosch123> the sysop
21:09:41  <Ammler> :-D
21:10:22  <frosch123> however, what about the --help message?
21:10:25  <Ammler> does e.g. a nightly data pack still work with the 4.0.0 release?
21:10:45  <frosch123> the english one is incomplete, and only smatz would be able to update the czech one
21:10:57  <Ammler> frosch123: we removed the cz docs
21:11:14  <Ammler> as "outdated"
21:11:16  <frosch123> help_czech.h is still present
21:11:30  <Ammler> yeah, I mean, you could do the same with cz code :-)
21:11:30  <frosch123> message_czech.h too
21:11:50  <Ammler> or ask minime, maybe he is cz?
21:11:54  <frosch123> wouldn't that make minime angry?
21:11:58  <andythenorth> good night
21:11:59  <frosch123> yes he is
21:12:07  <Ammler> create a ticket and assign to him
21:12:24  <Ammler> then we see, if he is watching the project :-)
21:13:10  <Ammler> I think, it is better no cz help as wrong cz help
21:15:34  <Ammler> e.g. r435 in nforenum
21:16:09  <Ammler> ah, I see
21:19:14  <frosch123> does not feel very alive either
21:19:37  <Ammler> touch -r * <-- how does that work :-)
21:20:58  <frosch123> it uses the first file as reference
21:21:15  <frosch123> * is expanded by the shell, not by touch
21:22:40  <Ammler> yes, it uses the first file and does apply it to every file
21:22:49  *** ODM has quit IRC
21:27:18  <Ammler> ah, I see, it is like touch -r file1 file2...
21:27:37  <Ammler> so file1 is the value for -r
21:42:23  <SmatZ> [23:10:44] <frosch123> the english one is incomplete, and only smatz would be able to update the czech one <== or Vitus or V453000, if they were here :)
21:42:52  <SmatZ> but neither is doing GRF coding
21:43:14  <SmatZ> Hadez (from tycoonez) does most OpenTTD translations
22:06:48  <Brot6> Total Town Replacement Set 4 - Code Review #1425 (Assigned): Water tower should be splitted into ... (George) @
22:11:10  <Ammler> did you really test the climate airports not working with opengfx extra?
22:11:45  <Ammler> hmm
22:13:22  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 500:74832e29c32b: Fix: Make getopt_long and help-message consistent. (frosch) @
22:13:22  <Brot6> NFORenum - Revision 501:7ac55a881690: Add: Commandline option to refresh all (outdated) data files. (frosch) @
22:14:28  <Ammler> I can remove the airport grf and I have the same airport just without snow
22:14:50  <Ammler> so that looks quite much like it would work with the extra
22:26:05  <planetmaker> yes and no. It uses varaction2. So it's not save
22:37:43  *** mib_spl9jc has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
22:41:39  <frosch123> night
22:41:42  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
22:51:56  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 706:d71a86222726: Feature #1394: industry tile layouts (yexo) @
22:55:22  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1394: tile layouts (yexo) @

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk