Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 3rd July 2011:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
01:56:09  *** JVassie has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
02:01:32  *** JVassie_ has quit IRC
02:06:29  *** JVassie_ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
02:11:02  *** JVassie has quit IRC
05:22:39  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
05:49:02  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2102:2e7bc4398718: Fix: two tiles out of place in a Grai... (andythenorth) @
05:51:14  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
06:08:01  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
07:04:23  <Brot6> FISH - Revision 654:cd17dd7aa8b6: Change: lay out the tow boats and barges for a 5 barge tow (andythenorth) @
07:04:23  <Brot6> FISH - Revision 655:b3fc6e317282: Change: work in progress on utility vessels (andythenorth) @
07:12:35  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
07:48:17  *** bodis has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:32:21  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
08:37:21  <Brot6> Central European Train Set - Bug #2818 (Rejected): DevZone compile failed (planetmaker) @
08:40:08  <Brot6> Central European Train Set - Support #2784: graphics template (planetmaker) @
08:59:53  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:02:32  <andythenorth> planetmaker: I have an improved printing works for opengfx
09:02:39  <andythenorth> but I need to split the png and recode them?
09:03:22  <planetmaker> I briefly looked at the sprites, they look very nice :-)
09:04:25  <planetmaker> I haven't looked at how they're cut, though... you do not _have_ to do / check that. But... it would be nice :-P
09:05:16  <planetmaker> but what I'd need, are ground and building sprites separated. That's rather difficult to cut from the png you posted
09:05:29  <planetmaker> do you have sprites which show the footprint of the building(s)?
09:05:41  <planetmaker> that's the usual ground tile appearance in both TTD and OpenGFX
09:05:47  <planetmaker> for transparency enabled
09:06:00  <andythenorth> for printing works - the original sprites are some where everything is already composited
09:06:12  <andythenorth> I can split my version though - it's a layered psd
09:06:26  <planetmaker> and actually... it'll be nice to have then the buildings as separate sprites... I should then look whether it can be improved
09:06:42  <planetmaker> Things like factory and steel mill CAN be used with ground + building. Unlike TTD base set does it
09:07:01  <planetmaker> They were just lazily put into the game there
09:07:06  <planetmaker> there = TTD
09:07:20  <andythenorth> well the psd is currently in FIRS repo
09:07:26  <planetmaker> not following their own style they employ for buildings usually ;-)
09:07:34  <andythenorth> under 'graphics_sources/glass_works'
09:07:48  <planetmaker> hm.... could you add a link to the source to the issue, please?
09:07:58  <planetmaker> then it's probably relatively easy to split it.
09:08:39  <planetmaker> so.... you're re-doing the arctic climate, andythenorth ? ;-)
09:09:40  <andythenorth> where it's easy, yes ;)
09:09:55  <planetmaker> :-)
09:10:55  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2817 (New): Replacement sprites for Printing Works (andythenorth) @
09:10:55  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (Closed): Replacement sprites for food processor (andythenorth) @
09:10:55  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (Closed): Replacement sprites for food processor (andythenorth) @
09:11:42  <planetmaker> <-- why do you close that?
09:13:25  <andythenorth> I finished it and committed it yesterday
09:13:47  <planetmaker> uhm... just the graphics, right?
09:13:49  <andythenorth> yes
09:13:51  <planetmaker> Or did you change the nfo, too?
09:13:54  <andythenorth> no
09:13:59  <planetmaker> then it must not be closed
09:14:08  <andythenorth> oh :O
09:14:10  <planetmaker> or it will just be forgotten
09:14:31  <planetmaker> or how should anyone remember that there*s *somewhere* some graphics which need coding?
09:14:49  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (New): Replacement sprites for food processor (andythenorth) @
09:14:49  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (New): Replacement sprites for food processor (planetmaker) @
09:14:58  <planetmaker> never close an "update graphics" issue unless it's coded
09:15:02  <andythenorth> so what has to be changed?
09:15:35  <planetmaker> the usual thing: make use of the graphics
09:16:15  <andythenorth> how is that done?
09:16:32  <andythenorth> I may have done it wrong :o
09:16:39  <planetmaker> oh no... :-(
09:16:46  <planetmaker> you just changed the BIG all industries file :-(
09:16:56  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
09:17:42  <planetmaker> ...
09:17:42  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:17:50  <andythenorth> hmm
09:18:00  <andythenorth> if you put one macbook on top of another, the top one goes to sleep
09:18:04  <andythenorth> this is...unusual :P
09:18:12  <planetmaker> hm... well, I see you replaced the sprites in a BIG messy file
09:18:19  <planetmaker> so they're probably already ingame
09:18:26  <planetmaker> unless you changed sprite sizes
09:18:36  <andythenorth> they are in game already
09:18:44  <planetmaker> personally I very much prefer to get rid of these messy big files
09:18:50  <planetmaker> They're stupid and must be abolished
09:19:02  <andythenorth> I asked yesterday how to do it, but I think I asked my question wrong
09:19:26  <andythenorth> nvm
09:19:38  <planetmaker> well :-)
09:19:51  <planetmaker> I dunno who answered you yesterday
09:20:32  <planetmaker> You added it indeed the easy way. It works. but keeps the mess from the original partial grfs OpenGFX is made of :-)
09:22:20  <planetmaker> I prefer to improve the coding base along with new sprites: thus separate industries in separate pngs. Like the factory
09:23:08  <planetmaker> base-2011-industries.pnfo:156-175
09:23:33  <planetmaker> in other words: don't modify industries_misc.png but add new pngs
09:23:38  <planetmaker> and link them in the nfo
09:23:51  <andythenorth> ok - that increases the work a little bit :P
09:24:09  <andythenorth> although in case of printing works - slicing to diamond shapes is work anway
09:24:15  <andythenorth> I'll bbl
09:24:16  <planetmaker> a bit. But it tremendously increases the quality of the code base
09:24:19  * andythenorth -> shops
09:24:45  <andythenorth> planetmaker: might be better to separate improving codebase and improving graphics
09:25:02  <andythenorth> if you found time to separate an industry every now and then, I would find time to repaint it
09:25:07  <andythenorth> (starting with arctic)
09:25:07  <planetmaker> dunno. When there are new sprites they need new alignment anyway
09:25:19  <andythenorth> looking in a big png for the correct sprites is boring for me too :)
09:25:34  <andythenorth> I am only painting over opengfx
09:25:42  <andythenorth> the outline / bounding box should be identical
09:25:48  <planetmaker> It need not be
09:25:56  <planetmaker> Just the footprint
09:26:25  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
09:26:39  <andythenorth> I guess it's motivation :)
09:26:45  <andythenorth> repainting is easy, therefore relaxing
09:26:53  <andythenorth> reworking entirely requires though
09:26:54  <andythenorth> t
09:27:21  <andythenorth> if I'm going to use thought, I should use it on FIRS / HEQS / FISH / CHIPS
09:27:32  <andythenorth> anyway - shops
09:27:32  <andythenorth> bbl
09:27:34  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
09:29:19  <planetmaker> quak :-)
09:30:14  <frosch123> moin :)
09:35:18  <planetmaker> hm...
09:35:27  <planetmaker> looks suspiciously like a bug
09:37:12  <frosch123> you mean water edges should treat shore towards them as water?
09:37:35  <planetmaker> that the sea tile adjacent to the rapids is declared river tile
09:37:40  <planetmaker> and thus also shows the river shores
09:37:59  <planetmaker> the highlighted tile
09:38:36  <planetmaker> it should probably remain a sea tile, not?
09:39:22  <planetmaker> hm... I can re-declare every sea tile to a river one except the oblique coast tiles...
09:39:53  <planetmaker> hm... just disallow rivers for tiles which are completely at hight 0?
09:40:27  <planetmaker> would spoil any holland map ;-)
09:41:39  <Rubidium> there are no rivers below sealevel in the NL
09:41:45  <planetmaker> :-)
09:41:53  <Rubidium> only canals
09:43:47  <planetmaker> ok... thus it would spoil any palestine or israel map :-P
09:46:26  <planetmaker> but probably the adjacent water check for rivers could need improvement...
09:47:31  <Rubidium> cd /tmp
09:47:31  <Rubidium> ls
09:47:39  <Rubidium> hmm, doesn't quit work, does it?
09:48:34  * frosch123 would have typed "ls -ltr"
09:49:16  <frosch123> though i saw a guy with an alias "cdtmp" which does those two things :p
10:23:10  *** bodis has quit IRC
10:23:31  *** bodis has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:16:29  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:40:11  *** JVassie has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:42:07  <Ammler> andythenorth: I am pretty sure, I told you next time not to change the big file :-)
11:46:00  *** JVassie_ has quit IRC
11:47:42  *** andythenorth is now known as Guest771
11:47:42  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:49:04  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (Closed): Replacement sprites for food processor (andythenorth) @
11:49:04  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Feature #2820 (Closed): Replacement sprites for food processor (Ammler) @
11:49:42  <planetmaker> yes. But every change of these needlessly big files bloats the repo for little reason
11:50:00  <Ammler> you can't "fix" that afterwards
11:50:16  <planetmaker> no
11:50:25  *** Guest771 has quit IRC
11:50:30  <planetmaker> hg will keep the diff of the size of the png file changed
11:50:35  <planetmaker> that can never be changed
11:51:13  <planetmaker> thus please don't change these big files when adding new features. Do it properly
11:51:22  <Ammler> well, you can burry it in a "dead, forgotten" branch like I did with nml2nfo :-)
11:51:29  <planetmaker> no
11:51:38  <planetmaker> hg clone WILL increase by the file size
11:51:46  <planetmaker> thus the whole repo bloats
11:51:56  <planetmaker> there's nothing which a posteriori can fix that
11:52:04  <planetmaker> unless done righ in the first place
11:52:08  <planetmaker> +t
11:53:06  <planetmaker> and... it really is not much work to cut out the respective piece from the big file and adjust filename and y offsets in the nfo
11:53:21  <planetmaker> even that will be better than "fixing" a big png file
11:54:15  <Ammler> maybe we should condider what I wrote in the ticket and split up the big files without changes
11:54:44  <planetmaker> yes, could be done. But is lots of boring work ;-)
11:54:50  <planetmaker> Feel free to do it, though
11:55:22  <andythenorth> why not pick off a few at a time?
11:55:27  <andythenorth> or is it even needed?
11:55:34  <planetmaker> But as I hoped to get sprites successively, it's much less work to only move those to separate files which anyway get new sprites
11:55:45  <planetmaker> it's not needed, if nothing changes
11:55:51  <planetmaker> well... needed.
11:55:59  <planetmaker> But new sprites should never go in these big ones
11:57:02  <planetmaker> because those occasions are a nice occasion IMHO to split it off as it should (have) be(en) in the first place
11:57:20  <planetmaker> even if it means to add a small amount of adjusting y offsets and filenames
11:57:29  <planetmaker> that's 5 minutes
11:57:38  <andythenorth> why not revert the change I made?
11:57:58  <planetmaker> because it's in the repo and the revert would again add that diff to the file size
11:58:04  <planetmaker> s/file size/repo size/
11:58:17  <planetmaker> it cannot be undone
11:58:44  <planetmaker> only be made proper - which still is nice
12:01:28  <planetmaker> the reason I move it to separate files: changing a single pixel in a big file adds the whole file size to the repo size. Reason for only doing it when I have new sprites: it saves time as it usually requires changing offsets anyway
12:20:12  <andythenorth> hmm
12:20:22  <andythenorth> I have again failed to set up a new project on devzone with mq repo
12:20:32  <planetmaker> hu?
12:20:53  <andythenorth>
12:21:46  <andythenorth> I always set the path wrong
12:21:53  <planetmaker> don't set ANY path
12:22:11  <planetmaker> just activate the "repo" tag and that's it
12:22:39  <planetmaker> don't try to configure the repo
12:22:55  <planetmaker> it will be created correctly, if left unconfigured
12:23:00  <planetmaker> but unfortunately only then
12:23:03  <andythenorth> ah
12:23:09  <andythenorth> a trap for the incautious :P
12:23:37  <planetmaker> may I choose the easy path? Delete project and you create anew?
12:23:43  <andythenorth> yup
12:24:00  <andythenorth> I figured a repo is worth it
12:24:11  <andythenorth> saves me worrying about backing up
12:24:32  <Ammler> planetmaker: you can also simply delete the repo
12:24:45  <planetmaker> hm... ok :-)
12:24:56  <planetmaker> and then?
12:25:29  <planetmaker> well, I did just that. We'll see
12:25:41  <Ammler> 3 mins to wait
12:26:28  <andythenorth> planetmaker: do you have any nfo for water features grf?
12:26:38  <Ammler> you didn't
12:26:48  <planetmaker> andythenorth: yes... I linked it earlier
12:26:58  <planetmaker> but it's the result of grfcodec -d blub.grf
12:27:07  <planetmaker> so nothing which is "nice"
12:27:13  <Ammler> I guess, it isn't possible to delete a non-existing repo
12:27:39  <Ammler> so yes, delete whole project and create again
12:27:50  <planetmaker> [10:08]	planetmaker <-- andythenorth no double work needed there either :-P
12:27:57  <andythenorth> thanks
12:28:06  <andythenorth> faster than me searching transcript
12:28:28  <planetmaker> you should write in NML ;-)
12:28:34  <planetmaker> would teach you how it works ;-)
12:28:46  <andythenorth> I wondered that
12:28:55  <planetmaker> might ease your frustration with FIRS when we convert it :-P
12:28:58  <andythenorth> I think FIRS will teach me how it works :P
12:29:05  <planetmaker> well...
12:29:20  <andythenorth> I am getting all my frustration out these few weeks ahead of FIRS -> nml conversion :P
12:29:54  <planetmaker> that sentence's meaning gets lost in translation for me, I'm afraid
12:29:55  <andythenorth> how to delete a project?
12:30:41  <andythenorth> I found it
12:31:39  <planetmaker> hm? Now you delete it nevertheless?
12:32:09  <Ammler> only admin can
12:32:22  <planetmaker> I suspected that ;-)
12:32:23  <andythenorth> I have deleted it and recreated afresh
12:32:34  <andythenorth> can't see how to add repo though
12:32:46  <Ammler> andythenorth: don't
12:32:48  <andythenorth> without going via 'add repo' form
12:32:51  <andythenorth> I won't :)
12:32:55  <planetmaker> just select module "repository" upon creation and that's it
12:32:58  <Ammler> just activate the module
12:33:06  <andythenorth> it is
12:33:14  <Ammler> now wait 2 mins
12:33:15  <planetmaker> and wait a few minutes
12:33:17  <andythenorth> ok
12:33:29  <planetmaker> a shell script will fill it in and create it
12:35:03  <Brot6> repository /home/hg/water-features registered in Redmine with url /home/hg/water-features
12:35:03  <Brot6> repository /home/hg/water-features created
12:35:10  <andythenorth> win win
12:36:11  <planetmaker> :-)
12:36:21  <Ammler> well, if it goes to openttd.grf, not sure, if nml is good already
12:36:32  <andythenorth> I'm going to use nfo and cpp
12:36:43  <andythenorth> I don't want extra complications beyond what I know
12:36:47  <andythenorth> or I lose enthusiasm
12:36:57  <andythenorth> learning is learning
12:37:01  <Ammler> why don't you clone openttd_grf?
12:37:10  <andythenorth> because I didn't think of it?
12:37:20  <andythenorth> is that a better route?
12:37:48  <Ammler> easiest way to patch for you can commit for devs
12:38:10  <Ammler> it has Makefile too
12:38:52  <Ammler>
12:39:17  <planetmaker> Uhm... Ammler openttd.grf is part of trunk
12:39:22  <planetmaker> that part there is discontinued
12:39:47  <Ammler> he, well, I can't remove it there
12:39:52  <Ammler> it is
12:39:58  <andythenorth> I can't see water features in openttd extras
12:40:08  <planetmaker> andythenorth: exactly. There are none
12:40:13  <andythenorth> I don't want to have to learn water features spec
12:40:40  <andythenorth> I'll just use planetmaker's grf
12:40:41  <planetmaker> The only free water features is the grf you already have
12:40:49  <planetmaker> I have 0% copyright in that
12:40:59  <andythenorth> you don't? :P
12:41:01  <andythenorth> who does?
12:41:03  <planetmaker> maybe some in the modified graphcis in the png
12:41:18  <planetmaker> but the grf is... by other people...
12:41:27  <andythenorth> do I need to provide gpl and credits and such? :|
12:41:27  <planetmaker> look up OpenGFX' credits on water features
12:41:32  <planetmaker> yes
12:42:52  <planetmaker> Lepka, buttercup, Zephyris, FooBar
12:44:05  <andythenorth> thanks
12:44:30  <andythenorth> I should add Makefile.local to my .hgignore?
12:44:38  <andythenorth> devzone won't allow me to push it
12:44:45  <planetmaker> if you need one...
12:45:04  <andythenorth> I copied it from sample newgrf project
12:45:08  <andythenorth> probably don't need it
12:45:15  <andythenorth> I just added all files
12:45:18  <andythenorth> I'll remove it
12:45:48  <Ammler> hmm
12:46:02  <andythenorth> hmm
12:46:09  <Ammler> you should not use the files from the framework, rather use the bundle
12:46:14  <andythenorth> remote: added 2 changesets with 19 changes to 19 files
12:46:14  <andythenorth> remote: File "Makefile.local" may not be added to the repository.transaction abort!
12:46:14  <andythenorth> remote: rollback completed
12:46:15  <andythenorth> remote: abort: pretxnchangegroup.check hook failed
12:46:25  <andythenorth> Ammler: how do I do that?
12:46:32  <andythenorth> where is the bundle?
12:46:37  <Ammler> guess?
12:46:42  <Ammler>
12:46:45  <andythenorth> I don't want to guess :P
12:46:53  <andythenorth>
12:46:54  <andythenorth> ?
12:47:00  <Ammler> yes
12:47:08  <andythenorth> hmm
12:47:17  <planetmaker> hm... use nightlies
12:47:20  <andythenorth> ok
12:48:12  <Ammler> oh, wasn't aware the bundles are broken...
12:49:40  <Ammler> a local repo Makefile is called .in
12:49:55  <Ammler> .local is for local useage only, so the reject is valid
12:51:35  <planetmaker> Ammler: .in is not for local usage normally but for scripted use which will become part of a makefile created by configure
12:52:02  <Ammler> so you renamed that?
12:52:10  <Ammler> how are those called now?
12:52:20  <planetmaker> oh... my :-P
12:52:24  <planetmaker> scripts/
12:52:40  <planetmaker> that's not for local usage. It's for usage which is individual for that grf
12:52:49  <planetmaker> but that's part of the repo and has to be
12:52:51  <Ammler> yep, local repo
12:52:59  <planetmaker> Makefile.local is for the local repo
12:53:01  <planetmaker> no...
12:53:12  <planetmaker> is needed in every instance
12:53:13  <Ammler> well, we both mean the same
12:53:30  <Ammler> there is no .in per default, is there?
12:54:02  <planetmaker> an empty one in the Makefile framework
12:54:12  <planetmaker> so by default there is
12:54:42  <andythenorth> how would I recursively search my repo for .DS_store ?
12:54:54  <Ammler> why do you need to?
12:55:13  <andythenorth> nvm
12:55:15  <Ammler> the framework .hgignore has that in
12:55:17  <andythenorth> I'll just blitz the repo again
12:55:33  <andythenorth> and make sure I don't touch it with mac finder
12:56:16  <andythenorth> third time lucky :P
12:56:19  <Ammler> you should add that your system ignores anyway too
12:56:23  <andythenorth> I did
12:56:25  <andythenorth> but it's too late
12:56:36  <andythenorth> I already added it by mistake when I added the framework files
12:56:42  <andythenorth> and there's no way back from that
12:57:18  <andythenorth> so I can't push
12:59:36  <andythenorth> yay
12:59:51  <andythenorth> deleted two repos, succeeded with the third :)
13:00:37  <andythenorth> I should add a documentation tip:
13:01:03  <andythenorth> Mac users: first *make sure* you create a .hgignore for .DS_Store"
13:01:23  <andythenorth> "before adding files for newgrf framework"
13:04:16  <planetmaker> uhm... why?
13:04:54  <andythenorth> when I first add framework files, my habit is to then do "hg add ."
13:05:01  <andythenorth> which is problematic :P
13:05:11  <andythenorth> and once .DS_Store is added, there is no way to delete it
13:05:15  <andythenorth> I can use hg rm
13:05:20  <andythenorth> but it's still 'in' the repo
13:05:24  <andythenorth> so devzone forbids the push
13:05:53  <andythenorth> solution: delete repo and clone again, making extra sure not to add .DS_Store
13:08:18  <Ammler> andythenorth: you didn't get my "make a system ignore for it" :-)
13:08:29  <Ammler> and you should use the .hgignore from the bundle
13:08:34  <Ammler> isn't there one?
13:10:21  <andythenorth> I can't see one
13:13:27  <Ammler> <-- then download this
13:16:13  <andythenorth> he
13:16:16  <andythenorth> I need a grfid
13:16:23  <planetmaker> :-)
13:16:26  <andythenorth> suggestions?
13:17:12  <Hirundo> ATNx, with x some number?
13:18:14  <planetmaker> :-)
13:18:34  <planetmaker> Me prefers usually IDs related to the project name
13:18:46  <planetmaker> after all newgrfs often are worked upon by more than one person
13:19:20  <andythenorth> yarp
13:19:31  <andythenorth> I can't even remember how to make a grfid
13:19:35  <andythenorth> it's so long since I had to
13:19:49  <Ammler> openttd.grf id +1 :-)
13:20:12  <Ammler> does it matter at all?
13:21:00  <andythenorth> only if it collides with an existing i
13:21:01  <andythenorth> id
13:21:09  <andythenorth> and that I forget how to make them :P
13:21:11  <andythenorth> it's a dword?
13:21:16  <Hirundo> yes
13:28:59  <Ammler> maybe you should start a TTD+ serie like OpenGFX+ :-P
13:29:34  <Ammler> TT+W
13:32:23  <andythenorth> hmm
13:32:26  <andythenorth> palette is bugged
13:33:09  <andythenorth> that's interesting
13:33:28  <andythenorth> changing from DOS to Windows palette in header.pnfo doesn't fix it :P
13:34:05  <andythenorth> hmm
13:34:06  <andythenorth> it does
13:34:22  <andythenorth> openttd caches palette settings on a grf?
13:34:40  <andythenorth> nvm
13:37:04  <Ammler> openttd.grf is dos
13:37:16  <planetmaker> yup
13:37:29  <planetmaker> internally OpenTTD converts everything to DOS upon load
13:37:39  <andythenorth> so I should switch?
13:37:40  <planetmaker> hm... maybe not
13:37:52  <andythenorth> I have two palettes for photoshop
13:37:55  <planetmaker> andythenorth: switching can be painful
13:37:58  <andythenorth> I don't know how they differ
13:38:04  <andythenorth> but both seem to be windows
13:38:04  <planetmaker> DOS has more colours
13:38:17  <andythenorth> I don't know how I have two windows palettes :P
13:38:29  <andythenorth> one is used for drawing + pcx, but fails for png export
13:38:32  <Ammler> he, switching to dos is easy
13:38:35  <andythenorth> so I have another for png export
13:38:55  <andythenorth> I should fix that situation, but it appears to work so...
13:40:27  <andythenorth> anyway, is there a DOS .act or .aco file or similar swatch?
13:40:37  <planetmaker> a what?
13:40:42  <andythenorth> palette file
13:41:01  <planetmaker> you're the only known photoshop user to me ;-)
13:41:02  <andythenorth> they might have been made for e.g. gimp
13:41:09  <andythenorth> I was given these swatches :)
13:41:19  <andythenorth> I think swatches are interchangeable between apps
13:41:42  <planetmaker> I yesterday discovered that gimp reads my camera raw files... and was quite surprised by that :-)
13:42:14  <andythenorth> is it 'game over' if I work with the windows palette?
13:42:27  <andythenorth> my workflow is setup for windows in photostop
13:45:38  <michi_cc> andythenorth: are in theory good.
13:46:25  <planetmaker> andythenorth: it's not game over. It's then just as it is and will need conversion at some stage
13:46:47  <planetmaker> should it become part(ially part) of OpenTTD
13:49:50  <andythenorth> michi_cc: permissions problem :)
13:49:56  <andythenorth> "You don't have permission to access /openttd/patches/act/ttd-dos.act on this server."
13:50:00  <andythenorth> for
13:50:31  <michi_cc> andythenorth: try again
13:51:24  <andythenorth> works thanks
13:51:26  <andythenorth> bbl
14:06:19  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
14:07:56  <planetmaker> hm... <-- I don't quite understand the warning(s)
14:14:02  <Hirundo> Indeed confusing....
14:15:14  <Hirundo> What happens if you remove the '+25' comment (warnings start just after that one) ?
14:23:18  <frosch123> [15:37] <planetmaker> hm... maybe not <- trunk does
14:23:34  <frosch123> 1.1 does not
14:27:37  <planetmaker> he :-)
14:32:27  <planetmaker> Hirundo: that's of no consequence
14:42:35  *** JVassie_ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
14:48:27  *** JVassie has quit IRC
15:16:53  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:21:10  *** bodis__ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:21:10  *** bodis has quit IRC
15:24:09  *** andythenorth is now known as Guest779
15:24:10  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:31:25  *** Guest779 has quit IRC
15:58:31  <andythenorth> ho
15:58:39  <andythenorth> 760 lines of uncommented nfo
15:58:42  <andythenorth> what fun :P
16:02:20  <andythenorth> is there a smart way to adjust a *lot* of y offsets?
16:02:26  <andythenorth> like regexp or some other thing I don't understand
16:08:27  <planetmaker> grep -i "s/xyz/abc/g" blub.nfo and repeat
16:08:46  <planetmaker> sed -i.bak "s/xyz/abc/g" blub.nfo and repeat
16:08:48  <planetmaker> sorry
16:12:46  <andythenorth> can sed do maths?
16:14:42  <andythenorth> hmm
16:14:47  * andythenorth ponders something very ugly :P
16:16:48  <planetmaker> sed can't do math
16:17:16  <planetmaker> but replacing a few y values by others is not that difficult by a simple search and replace
16:17:30  <andythenorth> no
16:17:37  <andythenorth> I think that's how I'd do it
16:17:49  <andythenorth> I was going to standardise a png layout for all river graphics
16:17:56  <andythenorth> but that means moving a lot of sprites :P
16:18:04  <andythenorth> and templating all the offsets
16:18:23  <andythenorth> I might split to some horrible png files with lots of white though
16:18:30  <andythenorth> evil, but practical
16:18:48  <andythenorth> planetmaker: there appears to be a duplicate set of tropic sprites for rivers
16:18:51  <andythenorth> any idea why?
16:19:04  <andythenorth> it misses coasts in the second set
16:19:05  <planetmaker> within that grf?
16:19:20  <planetmaker> are you sure that one set is not toyland?
16:23:09  <andythenorth> it could be
16:23:16  <andythenorth> doesn't look like any toyland I've ever seen
16:23:30  <andythenorth> can I switch climate in scenario editor?
16:25:13  <andythenorth> nvm
16:25:16  <andythenorth> it's toyland
16:25:33  <andythenorth> how intrikuing
16:25:36  <Ammler>
16:26:00  <andythenorth> Ammler: that's brilliant :o
16:26:08  <andythenorth> how awesome
16:26:27  <andythenorth> that avoids some horrible solution
16:26:30  <Ammler> on devzone, there is a link called "Guide", there you find such links
16:26:37  <andythenorth> how handy :)
16:31:20  <andythenorth> well it would be awesome if it worked :)
16:31:47  <andythenorth> unfortunately it does not process the nfo
16:34:16  <Ammler> paste your nfo here, I would like to try
16:36:09  <andythenorth>
16:37:55  <Ammler> hmm, indeed, broken
16:38:24  <andythenorth> shame
16:38:33  <planetmaker> hm... shame indeed :-)
16:38:34  <Ammler> long not sued anymore
16:38:55  <Ammler> just tell it FooBar
16:38:55  * planetmaker never sued a randome web app :-P
16:38:58  <Ammler> he will fix
16:39:11  * planetmaker hugs Ammler
16:39:33  <Ammler> bad thing about unshared source
16:39:54  <andythenorth> I was adjusting manually, but it took 5 mins to do 1/3 of the the file
16:39:55  <andythenorth> meh
16:42:30  <planetmaker> write a short shell script ;-)
16:42:39  <planetmaker> or python
16:43:22  <planetmaker> if that's feasible in 10 minutes :-P
16:47:43  <andythenorth> or have insane whitespace at top of png :P
16:47:47  <andythenorth> which costs no time
16:56:53  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822 (New): PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (admin) @
16:57:09  <andythenorth> brot is quiet about commits today
16:57:58  <Ammler> nah, you should move your newgrf to a proper place
16:58:05  <Ammler> e.g. baseets
17:00:06  <Brot6> feed BaseSets had 13 updates, showing the latest 10
17:00:06  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 3:e4419a11d2a5: Add: png file from OpenGFX - New Water Feat... (andythenorth) @
17:00:06  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 4:8fb00e55aeae: Add: nfo file for water-features (from Open... (andythenorth) @
17:00:07  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 5:03aa323195bb: Feature: grf builds with previous opengfx c... (andythenorth) @
17:00:11  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 6:d16fedbeb082: Change: updated hgignore (andythenorth) @
17:00:15  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 7:6e928a8e5134: Change: set a grfid (andythenorth) @
17:00:19  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 8:0ad3130497b9: Fix: grfid was too short (andythenorth) @
17:00:23  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 9:e6dec9c2df4a: Fix: use windows palette instead of DOS (andythenorth) @
17:00:27  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 10:b5b257c332ad: Fix: switch palette to DOS (andythenorth) @
17:00:31  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 11:a7d21716d982: Change: split docks / rapids / canals / aq... (andythenorth) @
17:00:35  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 12:4db86157ab2c: Change: skeleton framework for splitting r... (andythenorth) @
17:05:19  <planetmaker> imho it belongs to NewGRFs, not base sets
17:10:13  <Brot6> nml: update from r1494 to r1499 done -
17:10:28  <Ammler> well, final goal is to add it to openttd.grf afaik, but moving is no issue
17:10:33  <Ammler> just do it :-P
17:11:00  <Ammler> the only issue is spam here :-)
17:11:42  <Ammler> well, it could also be branch/mq of openttd
17:13:26  <Ammler> or we move it back to OpenTTD and I add a rss feed, but I thought it is a bit too much for a "temporary newgrf"
17:13:42  <andythenorth> I don't mind no brot
17:13:45  <andythenorth> I just wondered
17:14:14  <Ammler> nothing to do with brot
17:14:29  <Ammler> the rss feed of project OpenTTD is not announced, that is all
17:19:07  <Brot6> firs: update from r2101 to r2102 done -
17:19:58  <Brot6> fish: update from r653 to r655 done -
17:20:56  <Brot6> Following repos didn't need a nightlies update: 2cctrainset (r750), 32bpp-extra (r40), ai-admiralai (r75), ai-aroai (r39), ailib-common (r21), ailib-direction (r17), ailib-list (r32), ailib-string (r29), ailib-tile (r16), airportsplus (r107), basecosts (r25), belarusiantowns (r8), bros (r52), cets (r5), chips (r143), comic-houses (r71), firs.nml (r2081), frenchtowns (r6), german-townnames (r34), grfcodec (r832), grfpack (r279), heqs
17:20:56  <Brot6> (r605), indonesiantowns (r41), manindu (r7), metrotrackset (r56), narvs (r37), newgrf_makefile (r296), nml (r1499), nutracks (r202), ogfx-industries (r121), ogfx-landscape (r70), ogfx-rv (r107), ogfx-trains (r245), ogfx-trees (r51), opengfx (r681), openmsx (r97), opensfx (r97), smts (r19), snowlinemod (r49), spanishtowns (r10), sub-landscape (ERROR r66), sub-opengfx (ERROR r666), swedishrails (r203), swisstowns (r22), transrapidtrackset
17:20:58  <Brot6> (r15), ttdviewer (r34), ttrs (r36), worldairlinersset (r672)
17:24:00  <Brot6> narvs: compile of r37 still failed (#2789) -
17:24:46  <Brot6> ogfx-industries: compile of r121 still failed (#2792) -
17:28:19  <Brot6> sub-landscape: compile of r66 still failed (#2616) -
17:29:03  <Brot6> sub-opengfx: compile of r666 still failed (#2586) -
17:29:59  <Brot6> Following repos rebuilds successful without any difference to earlier nightlies builds: airportsplus (Diffsize: 15915), belarusiantowns (Diffsize: 30), cets, frenchtowns, german-townnames, indonesiantowns (1 warnings) (Diffsize: 1), manindu (Diffsize: 1), newgrf_makefile, ogfx-landscape (1 warnings) (Diffsize: 5460), ogfx-rv (Diffsize: 4590), ogfx-trains, spanishtowns (Diffsize: 1), swedishrails, swisstowns
17:31:21  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822: PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (foobar) @
17:31:48  <Ammler> you see, how fast he is :-P ^
17:32:20  <Ammler> hmm
17:35:44  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822: PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (admin) @
17:35:44  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822: PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (admin) @
17:36:37  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822: PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (Ammler) @
17:39:06  <Ammler> hmm, I have a bit confusion, since I use seperate account for admin
17:39:41  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822: PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (foobar) @
17:41:23  <Ammler> you see, there are still some peple using assigne serious ;-)
17:52:11  <andythenorth> Ammler: my guess is that it string splits on '.pcx'
17:52:15  <andythenorth> and therefore fails
17:53:36  <Ammler> andythenorth: check the ticket
17:54:20  <andythenorth> ah
17:54:26  <andythenorth> I'll stop writing my own then :P
17:55:19  <andythenorth>
17:55:23  <andythenorth> doesn't do anything
17:56:02  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2104:0678ef93f98b: Change: conversion to nml (yexo) @
17:56:02  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2105:8e075cc2a127: Codechange: split of a few files (yexo) @
17:56:02  <planetmaker> it might as well be worth installing it on the DevZone...
17:56:58  <andythenorth> Yexo: is the FIRS conversion on a branch?
17:57:13  <Terkhen> yes
17:57:22  <Yexo> no, it isn't
17:57:45  <andythenorth> the conversion of trunk, not 0.6.4 / 0.6.5 ;)
17:57:49  <andythenorth> looks to be trunk to me
17:57:52  <Yexo> the conversion of trunk is in trunk
17:58:07  <andythenorth> so if I pull, I won't be writing code for a while?
17:58:22  * andythenorth needs to switch wifi
17:58:22  <andythenorth> brb
17:58:50  *** andythenorth is now known as Guest788
17:58:51  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:58:51  <Yexo> hg up && make will use nml instead of nfo
17:58:52  <Yexo> the old pnfo / tnfo files are still there, just unused
17:58:54  <Yexo> they could be removed, but might still come in handy as reference, so I left them in for now
17:59:12  <andythenorth> yes they will be useful...
17:59:16  <Yexo> you shouldn't add any nfo code now, make changes to the nml instead
17:59:19  <andythenorth> ok
17:59:41  <andythenorth> so rebuilding the templates will be fun :)
17:59:44  <andythenorth> shall we start now?
17:59:46  <Yexo> I don't have time to split the big firs.pnml file further tonight, but tomorrow I can do some more work on that
17:59:54  <Yexo> all my changes are pushed
18:00:16  <Yexo> it builds, after generating a new game the industries look ok and the strings are there
18:00:22  <Yexo> that's all I tested
18:01:05  <planetmaker> :-) sweet
18:01:31  <planetmaker> andythenorth: can you explain to me the gooble-de-goo translation in the FIRS thread? I seem to miss the point, too
18:01:47  <Terkhen> oh, you already converted trunk?
18:01:56  <andythenorth> well it's precisely gobbledegook
18:02:05  <andythenorth> planetmaker: I just googled unwinese
18:02:17  <andythenorth> I knew nothing about it previously
18:02:21  <Yexo> Terkhen: it was now or in late august
18:02:26  <Yexo> since I'm going on holiday this thursday
18:02:27  <andythenorth> it's like an old version of lol-speak :P
18:02:31  <Terkhen> ok ;)
18:02:42  <Terkhen> tell that guy that openttd does not support that language
18:02:44  <andythenorth> planetmaker: you've seen 'swedish chef' language on google?
18:02:56  <planetmaker> I've heart of neither
18:03:06  <andythenorth> try switching your google preferences to swedish chef
18:03:09  <planetmaker> s/t/d/
18:03:09  <andythenorth> bork bork
18:04:20  <planetmaker> hm, ah, muppet show
18:04:23  <andythenorth> Yexo: there is *no* way to preserve any commenting of any kind for conversion is there
18:04:39  <Yexo> nope
18:04:47  <andythenorth> this will be fun :P
18:04:48  <Yexo> I've taken the grf as base for conversion, not the nfo code
18:04:56  <Yexo> since a grf file is a lot easier to read for machine code
18:05:05  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822 (Closed): PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (admin) @
18:05:05  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #2822 (Closed): PHP Spriteshifter not working anymore (foobar) @
18:05:33  <Yexo> giving the strings useful names is quite easy (just change the name in english.lng and use some sed magic to update it in the pnml file and other language files)
18:05:44  <Yexo> when that's done for all strings the code should becomed a lot clearer already
18:06:03  <Yexo> have to go, will help out tomorrow with cleaning the code
18:06:05  <Yexo> bye
18:06:12  <planetmaker> enjoy, Yexo
18:06:25  *** Guest788 has quit IRC
18:07:14  <andythenorth> ^ I hoped he'd say that about names
18:07:47  <andythenorth> first thing would be to rebuild IDs file and use meaningful IDs for all industry features
18:07:54  <planetmaker> andythenorth: that works, of course, too
18:08:06  <andythenorth> then at least firs.pnml becomes readable :)
18:08:19  <planetmaker> but they're easier to identify if you know the strings they relate to
18:08:31  <andythenorth> hmm
18:08:34  <andythenorth> I am out of my depth
18:08:42  <andythenorth> years of knowledge rendered redundant :)
18:08:46  <andythenorth> this is life
18:09:51  <Terkhen> I thought about taking each item block outside of the big file along with all of its related switch items
18:10:03  <Terkhen> then we would have each industry in a single file and it would be easier to rename stuff / think about templating
18:10:10  <andythenorth> yes
18:10:17  <planetmaker> probably good, yes
18:10:22  <andythenorth> but to make that easier, you need to be able to read firs.pnml
18:10:27  <andythenorth> unless there's a sed way to do it
18:10:28  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 13:f76138e92ce1: Change: reduce wasted white space in water... (andythenorth) @
18:10:36  <Terkhen> what do you mean?
18:10:55  <planetmaker> splitting will have to be manual
18:11:04  <andythenorth> when a CPP ID is something like INDUSTRY_COALMINE
18:11:11  <andythenorth> it's easy to read the file
18:11:24  <andythenorth> and find the blocks for each industry
18:11:29  <andythenorth> for me anyways
18:11:49  <andythenorth> does nml even care about IDs any more?
18:11:58  <planetmaker> it has to, of course
18:11:59  <andythenorth> I didn't keep up
18:12:18  <andythenorth> and I am not reading manual right now - splitting river graphics :P
18:13:23  <Terkhen> hmm... then the first step is to manually identify all industries and rename their identifiers to something meaningful
18:14:54  <Terkhen> I won't be helping until the 15th btw :)
18:15:09  <planetmaker> :-D So we'll all not be helpful till then?
18:17:21  <Terkhen> hmm... what do you mean?
18:17:28  <planetmaker> I'll only return home 15th of this month either except for a few hours in the weekends
18:17:34  <Terkhen> oh :P
18:17:40  <planetmaker> not holiday, though :-(
18:18:00  <Terkhen> I'll be online but not doing any work on OpenTTD at all until I finish
18:18:08  <planetmaker> :-)
18:18:34  <andythenorth> maybe I'll branch :P
18:18:47  <andythenorth> or you all go away leaving me to learn nml on my own
18:19:05  <andythenorth> you all get back, I've finished it, and I'm maintaining FIRS alone again :D
18:19:08  <andythenorth> ho
18:19:20  <andythenorth> thanks :)
18:23:10  <Ammler> that is how non non-svn development works, you branch new features until they work, then you merge into master
18:24:10  <Ammler> (you don't necessary need a branch name, you could use bookmarks (git branches)
18:24:22  <Ammler> or no name at all
18:26:41  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 14:7dc82b0a2159: Change: split nfo for rivers to files per ... (andythenorth) @
18:26:41  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 15:2a706810325a: Cleanup: remove nfo file (no longer used) (andythenorth) @
18:27:26  <planetmaker> meh :-P
18:27:39  <andythenorth> hem
18:27:57  <andythenorth> I prefer the meh with diacrits or umlauts or whatever
18:28:04  <andythenorth> I can't figure out which key combo makes them :P
18:28:18  <planetmaker> the key left of l and p :-P
18:28:30  <Ammler> mäh!
18:28:31  <planetmaker> öäü and left of 0: ß
18:28:35  <planetmaker> of course the other left
18:29:35  <andythenorth> planetmaker you have a different keyboard :P
18:30:55  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 16:4ff65ba0f011: Change: use separate png file for rivers f... (andythenorth) @
18:30:55  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 17:73ec4a5e529c: Cleanup: remove png file (no longer used) (andythenorth) @
18:32:30  <andythenorth> the sprite offset shifter would make splitting opengfx big pngs less insane
18:32:34  <planetmaker> andythenorth: I do. And I'm quite happy to not have a aserty one :-P
18:32:37  <andythenorth> a good job for a day when someone is bored
18:32:50  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 18:453f9877aee2: Cleanup: remove unneeded newgrf framework ... (andythenorth) @
18:33:03  <andythenorth> 18 revs and I haven't changed anything yet :P
18:35:50  <planetmaker> <- proper string names?
18:37:32  <andythenorth> planetmaker: looks good to me
18:40:08  <Brot6> openttd.grf water-features - Revision 19:39537680af25: Change: remove unhelpful massive white spa... (andythenorth) @
18:40:14  <andythenorth> ha
18:40:20  <andythenorth> now I can actually start drawing
18:40:37  <andythenorth> I have done 2 hours of work to save literally minutes of irritation :P
18:54:50  *** andythenorth is now known as Guest794
18:54:50  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:00:50  *** Guest794 has quit IRC
19:21:20  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2106:a6842f50b0ce: Codechange: Rename a few strings (planetmaker) @
19:24:45  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2107:b01e88bf90d6: Codechange: Use 'sprite' instead of t... (planetmaker) @
19:27:58  <Ammler> someone of you any idea, how I can handle that subrepo?
19:30:05  <planetmaker> Ammler: we use a different name in that case...
19:30:07  <planetmaker> or should
19:30:10  <planetmaker> to avoid that
19:30:31  <planetmaker> and... we should really move toward that...
19:31:53  <planetmaker> or do I err on the assumption that the problem is from the identical names?
19:35:25  <Ammler> planetmaker: wanted to disable nightly build
19:35:39  <planetmaker> ok. Build on push?
19:36:08  <Ammler> marcel@inspiron:~/hg/sub-opengfx> hg push
19:36:09  <Ammler> pushing to ssh://
19:36:11  <Ammler> pushing subrepo sprites/gfx to ssh://
19:36:12  <Ammler> remote: abort: There is no Mercurial repository here (.hg not found)!
19:36:14  <Ammler> abort: no suitable response from remote hg!
19:36:42  <Ammler> I think, there is a serious issue with relative path of subrepo
19:37:04  <planetmaker> hm, maybe
19:37:37  <Ammler> please try it :-)
19:37:57  <Ammler> the only thing I did was removing .devzone/build/nightlies/enable
19:52:01  <planetmaker> I shall try in two weeks ;-)
19:54:46  <andythenorth> hmm
19:54:50  <andythenorth> FIRS doesn't build for me
19:55:06  <andythenorth> hmm
19:55:08  <Ammler> planetmaker: well, I meant simply push something to the repo
19:55:10  <andythenorth> I'm not at tip it seems
19:55:40  <Ammler> as I am not able to push
19:55:44  <andythenorth> I have uncommitted local changes - shouldn't conflict
19:55:48  <andythenorth> should I comit?
19:56:03  <planetmaker> in nfo?
19:56:18  <andythenorth> psd file
19:56:23  <andythenorth> should be fine
19:56:26  <planetmaker> yup
19:57:42  <andythenorth> still doesn't build :|
19:57:58  <andythenorth> I'll paste
19:58:15  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2108:2370cc30fe21: Change: changes to Food Processor sou... (andythenorth) @
19:58:37  <planetmaker> andythenorth: you'll need new(est) NML most probably
20:00:10  <andythenorth> fixed thanks
20:06:27  * andythenorth contemplates tinkering with FIRS
20:08:24  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
20:08:41  * andythenorth wonders how nml works
20:10:21  <andythenorth> does nml care about the order of includes?
20:10:28  <andythenorth> I want to start splitting to templates
20:11:15  <planetmaker> not much
20:11:48  <planetmaker> the usual preconditions apply: If you define a in file a.pnml, you should not try to use a before that ;-)
20:14:19  <andythenorth> planetmaker: do you get about 40 errors when compiling FIRS?
20:14:19  <andythenorth> warnings
20:14:28  <planetmaker> yes
20:14:41  <planetmaker> warnings
20:14:41  <andythenorth> suppressing those would be a nice win
20:14:49  <planetmaker> not supressing. solving ;-)
20:15:14  <planetmaker> let's say, I reduced warnings already today by 80% :-P
20:15:28  <andythenorth> yarp
20:15:48  <andythenorth> ok cool
20:15:52  <andythenorth> I'm moving some stuff around
20:15:54  <planetmaker> and I'm not sure it's a good idea to just delete the unneeded action2 switches
20:17:20  <andythenorth> I don't really know what they're doing
20:17:22  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2109:dbfd242f4d72: Change: split to one file defining in... (andythenorth) @
20:17:40  <andythenorth> is it action 2s that aren't used by anything?
20:20:38  <Terkhen> IIRC Yexo mentioned that
20:20:49  <Terkhen> nml gives a warning for each switch that is not referenced
20:21:39  <andythenorth> it's likely that they were all action 2s in a single nfo template
20:23:56  <planetmaker> that many?
20:24:12  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2110:a6ce45f6ea1c: Change: separate out header stuff to ... (andythenorth) @
20:28:55  <Hirundo> andythenorth: hg add, please :)
20:29:06  <andythenorth> oops
20:29:09  <andythenorth> I'm trying
20:29:11  <andythenorth> I have a merge fail
20:29:20  <andythenorth> which is odd because only I've committed :P
20:29:26  <andythenorth> and pushed
20:29:27  <Ammler> planetmaker: I changed the subrepo path
20:29:33  <Ammler> now I was able to push
20:30:00  <andythenorth> this is dull :P
20:30:37  <andythenorth> frick
20:31:00  <Ammler> if you want to test subrepo again, enable it again and or tag
20:31:13  <Ammler> or enable on push
20:32:56  <planetmaker> yes... you didn't pull my changes, andythenorth ...
20:33:11  <planetmaker> or so it seems
20:33:28  <andythenorth> how do I strip?
20:33:32  <andythenorth> or such?
20:33:40  <Ammler> hg help strip
20:33:47  <andythenorth> and how on earth did I get a merge conflict with my own code?
20:33:50  <Ammler> but you rather should do hg export
20:33:54  <Ammler> else you lose your change
20:34:09  <Ammler> or pull and rebase
20:34:15  <andythenorth> need to remove r2110 from the repo
20:34:23  <Ammler> you can't
20:35:16  <andythenorth> how do I do that?
20:35:16  <Ammler> just rebase your local changes
20:35:20  <andythenorth> delete my repo and clone?
20:35:26  <planetmaker> it's pushed...
20:35:42  <andythenorth> can I revert to 2109, then commit?
20:35:52  <Ammler> yes, with merge
20:35:57  <andythenorth> I'll try
20:36:02  <Ammler> or else push -f
20:36:17  <Ammler> if you don't want r2110 at all
20:36:28  <planetmaker> oh god...
20:36:28  <andythenorth> I can't commit
20:36:30  <andythenorth> can't merge
20:36:35  <andythenorth> can't resolve
20:36:40  <andythenorth> can't manually resolve
20:36:49  <Ammler> planetmaker: :-D
20:36:59  <planetmaker> what a commit
20:37:09  <Ammler> you always can commit
20:37:13  <andythenorth> I can't commit
20:37:25  <Ammler> paste your output
20:37:32  <planetmaker> yes, you need to fix your merge conflicts
20:37:40  <planetmaker> or at least tell hg you did so no matter what
20:37:58  <Ammler> well, if r2110 is useless, why care about?
20:38:19  <planetmaker> actually also r2109
20:38:30  <planetmaker> it should have been a hg mv instead of manual copy & paste
20:38:45  <Ammler> going back to "good" changeset and work from there isn't worst thing to do, imo
20:38:50  <andythenorth> I'll just clone again
20:38:58  <planetmaker> your changes are also there
20:39:02  <andythenorth> now I have to setup my .hg again
20:39:09  <andythenorth> :P
20:39:24  <planetmaker> I think we should forget r2109 and 2110
20:40:09  <Ammler> planetmaker: also if you go back to r2108 and continue there
20:40:26  <Ammler> someone esle who pulled current r2110 wouldn't be able to push without -f
20:40:35  <Ammler> so strip "could" work
20:40:43  <andythenorth> one day I'll figure out the 'missing file' commit hook :P
20:41:11  <andythenorth> I don't understand why this caused so much trouble
20:41:12  <planetmaker> andythenorth: IMHO it's better to add #include to firs.pnml for stuff which is moved to separate files
20:41:19  <andythenorth> normally it's just another extra commit with the file added
20:41:21  <planetmaker> but not everything to a separate file before it's touched...
20:41:30  <Ammler> andythenorth: I don't think missing file caused the trouble
20:41:49  <Ammler> you often try to merge where rebase is better
20:42:25  <Ammler> merge is good for branches which are on the server too
20:42:41  <Ammler> but merging a local branch is silly
20:43:09  <Ammler> specially if that is only about 1 commit
20:43:35  <planetmaker> merge or rebase... it's not of much importance
20:43:55  <Ammler> it's basically the smae
20:44:25  <Ammler> same for "him" but much cleaner for the rest
20:45:10  <planetmaker> but it requires to install the rebase extension
20:45:46  <Ammler> well, if it is one commit
20:45:51  <Ammler> you do rollback
20:46:07  <planetmaker> thus it's IMHO not really the easiest advice and 'not the same'
20:46:36  <andythenorth> might have fixed it
20:48:00  <andythenorth> nope
20:48:10  <andythenorth> worse
20:48:14  <andythenorth> abort: 00changelog.i@fe14724537f9: no node!
20:49:23  <planetmaker> just revert your changes...
20:49:33  <planetmaker> hg revert -a
20:49:35  <planetmaker> hg up
20:49:41  <planetmaker> or hg up -C
20:49:44  <planetmaker> often helps
20:50:26  <planetmaker> and hg diff it before :-)
20:51:30  <Ammler> or hg export
20:51:34  <andythenorth> Ammler: can you strip 2109 and 2110 from devzone repo?
20:52:01  <planetmaker> uhm...
20:52:03  <planetmaker> and mine?
20:53:27  <planetmaker> andythenorth: just hg up -rGoodVersion and continue from there
20:53:33  <planetmaker> and push with -f a new head
20:54:16  <andythenorth> I can't fix it
20:54:38  <andythenorth> I can't push from a fresh clone either it seems
20:54:44  <andythenorth> so something bad happened
20:55:32  <andythenorth> ? I just got 30 lines of irc
20:55:37  <andythenorth> all with same timestamp
20:55:42  <planetmaker> you probably didn't copy your credentials...
20:56:27  <andythenorth> the error was: abort: 00changelog.i@fe14724537f9: no node!
20:56:49  <andythenorth> ho
20:56:54  <andythenorth> well I want to go to sleep
20:57:00  <andythenorth> but I can't leave the repo broken :)
20:58:35  <andythenorth> planetmaker: before I do it - you're *sure* that revert , then push -f are wise?
20:58:45  <andythenorth> it's warning me I'll create new heads
20:58:52  <Ammler> that's the point
20:58:57  <andythenorth> ok
20:58:59  <planetmaker> yes
20:59:16  <planetmaker> but... I don#t see how only revert creates a new head...
20:59:28  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2111:fe14724537f9: Change: split header and parameters t... (andythenorth) @
21:00:25  <Ammler>
21:01:22  <andythenorth> tis fixed
21:02:00  <andythenorth> that builds for me
21:02:08  <andythenorth> and hg st shows nothing missing
21:03:11  <planetmaker> well... I don't see the difference between the last and 2nd last commit except the missing file you added
21:03:19  <Ammler> maybe we can add a hook, where you could tag "bad head" and trigger strip
21:03:49  <andythenorth> planetmaker: that's why I'm baffled it caused unresolvable merge conflicts for me
21:04:01  <andythenorth> it's not a common case
21:04:01  <Brot6> FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Revision 2112:bba0c12b382c: Fix: actually include parameters file (andythenorth) @
21:04:30  <planetmaker> unresolvable surely not
21:04:41  <planetmaker> you know how to handle a merge conflict?
21:04:44  <Ammler> not every conflict does resolve automatically
21:04:51  <planetmaker> and the use of hg resolve -m -a?
21:04:59  <andythenorth> he
21:05:23  <andythenorth> -m I didn't know
21:05:34  <planetmaker> without that you can NEVER solve ANY merge
21:05:57  <planetmaker> hm... maybe.
21:05:59  <Ammler> but why did he have to merge at all?
21:06:00  <planetmaker> But not I :-P
21:06:09  <andythenorth> that is worth knowing
21:06:53  <andythenorth> not knowing about -m might be why I have had to trash my repo and clone again a few times
21:06:53  <Ammler> andythenorth: that is quite strange as you "skipped" just one changeset and both are from you
21:07:07  <planetmaker> and both are 66% the same ;-)
21:07:37  <andythenorth> it's strange
21:07:48  <andythenorth> anyway...back to coding :)
21:07:59  <Ammler> planetmaker: you added your changes to 0.6, you are aware?
21:08:00  <planetmaker> well... both yexo and myself commited to branch 0.6. You to default :-P
21:08:06  <planetmaker> Ammler: just noticed
21:08:09  <Ammler> :-D
21:08:28  <Ammler> yexo didn't
21:08:49  <planetmaker> hm, not?
21:08:51  <planetmaker> strange
21:09:33  <planetmaker> anyway... for another day to look at. good night now... gotta get up in 7 hours
21:10:01  <andythenorth> good night
21:10:11  <Ammler> andythenorth: I think, if you have issues, it is mostly caused by yourself :-)
21:10:20  <andythenorth> probably
21:10:27  <andythenorth> if I knew how though, I could cause them less
21:10:30  <andythenorth> nvm
21:10:35  <Ammler> I don't see what you needed to merge
21:10:42  <andythenorth> me neither
21:11:06  <Ammler> maybe you tried to merge with 0.6 branch?
21:11:23  <andythenorth> no
21:11:31  <andythenorth> I committed, pushed
21:11:33  <andythenorth> made a few changes
21:11:36  <andythenorth> committed
21:11:38  <andythenorth> tried to push
21:11:45  <andythenorth> hg told me I would create new heads
21:12:01  <Ammler> yes, that was after your issues
21:12:13  <andythenorth> no that was the issue
21:12:13  <Ammler> I mean, why did you have conflicts at first place
21:12:16  <andythenorth> initially
21:12:24  <Ammler> as you were the only one working on it after yexo
21:12:27  <andythenorth> who knows?
21:12:32  <Ammler> pm worked on another branch
21:12:34  <andythenorth> I committed, pushed
21:12:36  <andythenorth> made a few changes
21:12:38  <andythenorth> committed
21:12:40  <andythenorth> tried to push
21:12:50  <andythenorth> hg told me I would create new heads
21:12:58  <Ammler> maybe you updated to pm's changes
21:13:05  <Ammler> and so you were on 0.6 branch
21:13:38  <andythenorth> no
21:13:39  <Ammler> or you tried to update to 0.6 with local changes
21:13:44  <andythenorth> no
21:13:47  <Ammler> which then caused on conflicts
21:13:51  <andythenorth> I committed, pushed
21:13:56  <andythenorth> made a few changes
21:13:57  <andythenorth> tried to push
21:14:03  <andythenorth> hg told me I would create new heads
21:14:27  <andythenorth> nvm
21:14:31  <Ammler> hg glog is good command
21:14:49  <andythenorth> I'll enable it
21:15:10  <Ammler> glog is a extension?
21:15:28  <Ammler> well, or use hgmac or how that is called
21:15:40  <Ammler> it is not bad to use gui, specially to see grah
21:15:44  <Ammler> graph*
21:16:09  * Ammler likes hgtk (tortoisehg)
21:16:48  <andythenorth> hg glog is fine
21:18:23  <andythenorth> hmm
21:18:29  <andythenorth> anyway, FIRS can't be split much more now
21:19:06  <andythenorth> there are a few separate files, then one file with 54,000 lines of industry code :P
21:19:21  <Hirundo> :o
21:19:45  <andythenorth> there's probably a lot of significant whitespace :)
21:19:54  <andythenorth> did we just create the biggest nml project so far?
21:20:01  <andythenorth> programmatically :P
21:21:48  <Ammler> [alias]
21:21:49  <Ammler> slog = glog -l10 --template "{branch}\t{rev}:{node|short} {desc|firstline}\n"
21:21:59  <Ammler> might be a good thing in your ~/.hgrc
21:22:40  <andythenorth> clever
21:23:05  <andythenorth> I should have a global hgrc?
21:23:12  <andythenorth> I have one per repo currently
21:23:23  <andythenorth> probably not efficient
21:23:43  <andythenorth> I have to enable extensions in n place
21:26:22  <Ammler> you need both
21:26:37  <Ammler> I have system user and repo hgrc
21:27:12  <Ammler> but ~/.hgrc is the most important for your work
21:27:29  <Ammler> the place where you enable extensions
21:27:37  <Ammler> where you setup [auth]
21:27:56  <Ammler> etc...
21:28:33  <Ammler> in repo hgrc should be only path
21:28:50  <Ammler> and maybe a local hook
21:30:04  <Ammler> my ~/.hgrc:
21:31:33  <Ammler> there are some system configs in /etc
21:39:49  <andythenorth> oh
21:39:57  <andythenorth> so your pus is in ~/.hgrc
21:40:03  <andythenorth> 8push
21:40:17  <andythenorth> maybe I should do that
21:41:07  <Ammler> push?
21:41:12  <Ammler> you mean the [auth]
21:41:41  <Ammler> yes, I expose my push pw in one place only
21:46:17  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
21:57:11  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1501:883e3fea461f: Add: Airport variable 40. (Hirundo) @
21:57:11  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1500:0d0405cb2e19: Feature #1555: Object callbacks. (Hirundo) @
21:57:11  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1502:ac7ff0302637: Add: Object var 60. (Hirundo) @
21:57:11  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1503:aa413f215ab5: Feature #1555: Named callbacks for houses. (Hirundo) @
21:57:14  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1504:9ff1f8893b06: Feature #1555: Named callbacks for airport[til... (Hirundo) @
21:57:16  *** bodis__ has quit IRC
21:57:18  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1505:ebaff9e5400f: Feature #1555: Cargo callbacks. (Hirundo) @
21:57:21  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 1506:9b62fd938ddd: Add #1555: Random trigger callbacks for houses... (Hirundo) @
21:57:33  *** ODM has quit IRC
22:11:00  *** JVassie_ has quit IRC
22:17:03  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Feature #1555: Explicitly define callbacks (Hirundo) @

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk