Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 9th February 2012:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
02:16:30  *** Jupix has quit IRC
02:19:24  *** Jupix has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
06:36:10  *** JVassie has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:05:05  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:07:52  <V453000> planetmaker: around? I have talked to andy and we agreed on the point that there should be created a place which would serve as a source for pixel art knowledge around openttd. I guess a good place for that to that would be if we asked you for a separate project on the devzone? :)
11:08:16  <V453000> many to that* :)
11:12:57  <Ammler> you both are able to create a project :-)
11:13:39  <V453000> :D how?
11:14:06  <Ammler> go to a project, where you are manager and look for link "Create Subproject"
11:14:30  <V453000> is a subproject a valid separate project?
11:14:34  <Ammler> yep
11:14:41  <Ammler> they don't differ and can be moved
11:15:21  <V453000> oh right :) thanks
11:15:52  <V453000> so when I leave subproject of empty, it will make a normal project right?
11:17:06  <Ammler> it will always make a normal project
11:17:24  <Ammler> technically every project is same level
11:17:40  <V453000> oh :)
11:17:43  *** teddydestodes has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
11:18:11  <Ammler> subproject ist just to help you organise it a bit
11:18:25  <Ammler> maybe a good parent is home
11:18:30  <Ammler>
11:19:24  <V453000> doesnt offer that
11:19:27  <Ammler> this project is already a source for such things, btw., I hope you know about that :-)
11:19:54  <V453000> yes I do
11:20:07  <V453000> just not what I/we really want
11:20:19  <Ammler> as said, do not worry about the parent project
11:20:22  <V453000> ok
11:20:30  <Ammler> it can always be moved from an admin
11:20:44  <V453000> \o/
11:20:54  <Ammler> shall I move it to home?
11:21:55  <Ammler> also made you manager of home, so you can cleanup
11:22:17  <V453000> I dont know, if it is needed :) I dont really mind where exactly it is
11:23:00  <Ammler> it needs a parent imo, there should be no project without parent :-)
11:23:13  <V453000> righto
11:23:35  <Ammler> well, except you like to make this parent and add a lot subprojects :-P
11:23:53  <Ammler> but as said, this is not fixed and can always be changed
11:23:59  <Ammler> ti does not change url or so
11:24:13  <V453000> I noticed :) nice
11:25:42  <Ammler> I am looking forward to see, what this becomes :-P
11:27:24  <V453000> me too
11:43:43  *** teddydestodes has quit IRC
11:47:04  <Ammler> planetmaker:
11:50:11  <Ammler> the extra grf is loaded like 3 times?
12:17:33  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Bug #3578: Font update (planetmaker) @
12:26:25  *** swissfan91 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
12:26:46  <swissfan91> can anyone help me WRT making a devzone area for TARS?
12:28:01  <Ammler> swissfan91: do you have already a project on DevZone?
12:28:38  <swissfan91> nope.
12:30:26  <Ammler> <-- visit settings to fiddle around
12:30:45  <swissfan91> thanks :)
12:31:13  <Ammler> also it will create a mercurial repo for the source
12:31:16  <swissfan91> shall I keep TARS Objects, TARS Towns etc etc all within that project?
12:31:26  <Ammler> you could, yes
12:31:37  <Ammler> you are now able to create your own projects
12:32:00  <Ammler> you find link "create subproject" on that pag
12:33:25  <swissfan91> ah yes. So TARS as the project, and then the subprojects as Objects, Towns etc?
12:33:57  <Ammler> yes
12:34:02  <Ammler> like japan sets
12:34:18  <Ammler> basically that is all up to you
12:34:29  <Ammler> it also depends how you like to manage the source
12:35:05  <Brot6> repository /home/hg/tars registered in Redmine with url /home/hg/tars
12:35:05  <Brot6> repository /home/hg/tars created
12:35:33  <Ammler> then maybe you won't need this ^, I activated the repo already, but does not harm, if unused
12:37:12  <swissfan91> I see... I'll give it a go.
12:37:21  <swissfan91> don't shout at me if I ruin the devzone :P
12:37:41  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3669 (New): Drawing wood textures (Swissfan91) @
12:38:54  <swissfan91> when creating a subproject... it asks for an Identifier... what's that?
12:39:05  <Ammler> swissfan91: just try
12:39:29  <Ammler> identifier is for the url and repo
12:39:47  <Ammler><identifier>
12:39:59  <Ammler><identifier>
12:40:16  <Ammler> that one can never change
12:40:27  <swissfan91> got it.
12:40:28  <Ammler> for you it might be tars-objects
12:40:41  <Ammler> tars-towns
12:42:04  <Brot6> mode change on /home/hg/tars
12:45:01  <Ammler> hmm, I would not make tars private, just disable all modules
12:47:31  <swissfan91> have I made it private?
12:47:55  <swissfan91> oops
12:49:03  <Brot6> mode change on /home/hg/tars
12:50:17  <dihedral> :-)
12:52:21  <Ammler> you kinda hide the subprojects too that way
12:53:23  <dihedral> Ammler you little redmine guru ;-)
12:54:34  <Ammler> Sali dih :-)
12:55:03  <dihedral> hey sir :-)
13:09:27  <Brot6> OpenGFX - Bug #3578: Font update (PaulC) @
13:26:44  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3670 (New): 32 bpp (oberhuemer) @
13:28:31  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3670: 32 bpp (V453000) @
13:29:56  <Ammler> V453000: why not use ?
13:30:38  <V453000> cause I dont know that link ? :D
13:30:45  <V453000> replacing
13:30:56  <Ammler> but you know that upper complicated mibbit one?
13:31:19  <V453000> no I was somehow able to browse it :)
13:31:45  <V453000> whatever, thank you :)
13:32:03  <Ammler> :-P
13:33:27  <Ammler> <-- this documents might be useful for your project
13:35:22  <Ammler> I am able to move documents to another project if needed
13:35:47  <V453000> I think it should stay where it is
13:35:52  <V453000> this should be more about the artistic thing rather than technical media
13:36:10  <Ammler> the palette stuff?
13:36:24  <V453000> the pixel project is
13:36:29  <V453000> palette stuff is technical media imo
13:36:36  <V453000> the project expects you are already set up and drawing
13:36:42  <V453000> help center helps you set up to draw
13:36:55  <Ammler> ic
13:38:44  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3669: Drawing wood textures (Swissfan91) @
13:48:15  *** swissfan91 has quit IRC
14:08:12  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3671 (New): Contrast in singlecolour sprites (V453000) @
14:10:23  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3671 (New): Contrast in singlecolour sprites (V453000) @
14:19:25  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3671 (New): Contrast in singlecolour sprites (V453000) @
14:19:25  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3669: Drawing wood textures (George) @
14:33:47  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_small_final.png (V453000) @
14:45:58  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_small_final.png (V453000) @
15:07:56  *** KenjiE20 has quit IRC
15:09:58  *** KenjiE20 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:21:22  *** planet has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
15:25:48  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3669: Drawing wood textures (andythenorth) @
15:28:39  <Brot6> Pixel - Feature #3669: Drawing wood textures (Swissfan91) @
15:29:52  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_final.png (V453000) @
15:29:52  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_wagons_step1.png (V453000) @
15:29:53  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_small_wagons_step1.png (V453000) @
15:29:58  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_darkening.png (V453000) @
15:30:01  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_small_darkening.png (V453000) @
15:30:04  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_small_extremelight.png (V453000) @
15:30:07  <Brot6> Pixel - 01_extremelight.png (V453000) @
15:30:16  <V453000> you might want to mute the notificantions here to evade spam :D
15:33:06  <Ammler> done :-)
15:33:09  <Brot6> feed Administration had 15 updates, showing the latest 10
15:33:09  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3511: "Bad Gateway" or "Bad Request" with push build (Ammler) @
15:33:09  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3511 (Confirmed): "Bad Gateway" or "Bad Request" with push build (Ammler) @
15:33:09  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3511: "Bad Gateway" or "Bad Request" with push build (oberhuemer) @
15:33:10  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3511 (Closed): "Bad Gateway" or "Bad Request" with push build (Ammler) @
15:33:13  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Membership #3220 (Closed): Indian Town Names (Ammler) @
15:33:16  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Membership #3220: Indian Town Names (admin) @
15:33:19  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3113 (Reopened): Building on push isn't done (oberhuemer) @
15:33:19  <Ammler> mäh
15:33:22  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - nppp_nml_r1792.xml (foobar) @
15:33:25  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3113: Building on push isn't done (oberhuemer) @
15:33:28  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Bug #3113 (Closed): Building on push isn't done (Ammler) @
15:38:13  <V453000> Thanks Ammler :P
15:41:03  *** planet has quit IRC
15:50:47  *** planetmaker is now known as Guest2039
15:50:55  *** planetmaker has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
16:13:19  *** planetmaker is now known as Guest2043
16:13:19  *** Guest2039 is now known as planetmaker
16:15:15  *** Guest2043 has quit IRC
17:23:32  <Brot6> bandit: update from r225 to r228 done (1 warnings) -
17:32:19  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
18:48:17  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
19:07:31  <Brot6> Dutch Trains 2.0 - Support #3632: list of vehicles to be drawn (Transportman) @
19:09:31  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:41:13  *** JVassie has quit IRC
19:50:42  <Ammler> V453000: you know, the wiki does create automatically TOCs, if you want, you can give me edit rights and I can show you...
19:50:58  <V453000> what is a TOC
19:51:12  <Ammler> or the wiki of home
19:51:17  <Ammler> check*
19:51:36  <Ammler> index
19:51:57  <Ammler> if you define parents
19:52:20  <Ammler> (via Rename)
19:52:36  <V453000> right
19:54:15  <Ammler> also if you add links to files, drop the host ""
19:54:45  <Ammler> or whatever :-)
19:55:31  <Ammler> you can make Files "Categories" via versions
20:04:30  <Ammler> I guess, I was wrong
20:05:15  <V453000> ? :o
20:05:26  <Ammler> <-- this is easy
20:05:38  <Ammler> but I have no clue how to include that to a wiki page
20:09:56  <Ammler> V453000: what about making the images links to the big view?
20:10:17  <Ammler> !/attachments/download/2421/01_small_wagons01.png!:/attachments/download/2420/01_wagons01.png
20:14:43  <V453000> that would actually be great :p
20:14:56  <Ammler> also you could add images to the wiki pages
20:15:11  <Ammler> not sure, if it is good to have the images for wiki page in files
20:15:19  <V453000> oh right
20:16:13  <V453000> it for sure isnt :)
20:16:50  <Ammler> it might just be confusing that the upload file form is before you edit the page :-)
20:18:26  <Ammler> <-- you can add content to the sidebar by editing that page
20:19:24  <Ammler> also the questions rises, why not use tt-wiki?
20:20:49  <V453000> doesnt have issues, does it
20:22:24  <Ammler> well, mediawiki is more comfortable, that is why NML moved there
20:22:42  <V453000> hmm
20:24:20  <V453000> I dont know I feel like the issues is a really good thing for solving some problems people have with drawing but at the same time the wiki is good enough for guides/articles/experience stories
20:38:26  <planetmaker> <-- is that not better placed on the tt-wiki where there are the other tutorials?
20:38:55  <planetmaker> but maybe it's better here :-)
20:39:39  <V453000> I dont know I feel like "the other" (two?) tutorials are ... a bit not too thorough so there isnt much to lose
20:39:55  <V453000> and I dont think they are on one place either
20:40:24  <V453000> two are on the tt-wiki, purno has some somewhere afaik, and perhaps there is another one somewhere
20:40:36  <V453000> or am I missing someting? :)
20:40:46  <planetmaker> ?
20:40:53  <planetmaker> and related pages was what I thought of
20:41:07  <planetmaker>
20:41:33  <V453000> yeah
20:41:49  <V453000> I think there is like 10000 times more to write about
20:42:17  <planetmaker> of course. I fully agree there
20:42:32  <planetmaker> "short" is friendly in this context :-)
20:42:57  <V453000> hehe
20:42:59  <planetmaker> Ok, but if you know it. Fine. I just wondered
20:43:20  <V453000> unless there is some other hidden spot, I know about those
20:44:08  <V453000> I just feel like for the months I am drawing for I have a lot of ... stories? or experiences of what where, why, or just questions and various solutions to them which I think is a shame that isnt described anywhere
20:44:30  <planetmaker> no other spot I know. Of course there's But that's... the technical side
20:44:38  <V453000> because I guess everyone has to go through all of that by himself when starting to draw
20:44:47  <planetmaker> No, please, by all means: write about it!
20:45:04  <V453000> I sure will :p
20:46:15  <V453000> I was just pointing at the main reason why I feel it is good to write it
20:46:38  <planetmaker> You don't need to convince me there. I fully agree :-)
20:46:39  <V453000> because I have redrawn some trains like million times just because I suddenly discover some technique how to do it better
20:46:58  <V453000> yes yes :) I am not convincing you just showing my reasons
20:47:08  <planetmaker> :-)
20:52:11  *** JVassie has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
21:14:18  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
21:16:46  <andythenorth> V453000: because I have redrawn some trains like million times just because I suddenly discover some technique how to do it better <- +1
21:31:41  <Brot6> Japanese Tracks - Revision 9:ae1d048c7cf5: Blank rails of (almost) all railtypes had a graphical ... (dandan) @
21:41:21  <V453000> :)
21:45:28  <andythenorth> good night
21:45:29  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
22:40:25  <Brot6> Swedish Rails - Feature #3672 (New): Level crossings for town / country side (planetmaker) @
22:40:47  *** welshdragon has left #openttdcoop.devzone
22:46:32  *** JVassie has quit IRC
22:48:28  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
22:58:14  *** ODM has quit IRC

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk