Log for #openttdcoop.devzone on 11th March 2013:
Times are UTC Toggle Colours
00:25:03  *** Supercheese has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
08:42:04  *** Supercheese has quit IRC
10:45:01  <Brot6> NUTS Unrealistic Train Set - Revision 31:ae3633930d41: Update: yet another rails version XV453000X @
10:45:21  <V453000> was quick as a bunny :)
13:27:01  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - nml.xml XplanetmakerX @
13:30:35  *** XeryusTC has quit IRC
13:30:35  *** Ammler has quit IRC
13:30:35  *** SmatZ has quit IRC
13:31:35  *** XeryusTC has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
13:31:35  *** Ammler has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
13:31:35  *** SmatZ has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
16:42:10  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:16:05  *** frosch123 has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:26:40  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - Document: NML Syntax highlighter for Kate XplanetmakerX @
17:26:40  <Brot6> DevZone Help Center - nml_kate.xml XplanetmakerX @
17:31:51  *** ODM has quit IRC
17:35:02  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:44:33  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 2067:79edcf9c7b14: Add: Script to create syntax highlighting file fo... XplanetmakerX @
17:44:33  <Brot6> NewGRF Meta Language - Revision 2068:1a096e2d01a8: Add: Script to create syntax highlighting file fo... XplanetmakerX @
17:54:10  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
17:56:01  *** ODM has quit IRC
17:59:48  *** andythenorth has quit IRC
19:33:13  *** Alberth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:35:02  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:36:57  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
19:37:43  *** andythenorth has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:38:04  *** fedya has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
19:38:54  *** fedya has quit IRC
20:06:56  <andythenorth> Alberth: can we close #5207
20:07:03  <andythenorth> slow brot :P
20:07:04  <andythenorth>
20:07:15  <andythenorth> I think it's done
20:07:40  <Alberth> sure
20:08:25  <Brot6> Webtranslator - Feature Request #5207 (Closed): Beautify the &#x27;delete&#x27; template XandythenorthX @
20:08:38  <Alberth> most issues need your attention; feel free to close anything you feel are done
20:08:43  <andythenorth> <- this refers to the 'upload language' button?
20:09:37  <Alberth> yes
20:10:06  <Alberth> if you look at the pages from a translator view, the layout is a bit weird here and there
20:10:52  <andythenorth> is there a variable in scope for which user type is making the request?
20:10:59  <andythenorth> then we can conditionally hide stuff
20:11:14  <andythenorth> it is an error-prone method, it means having to test with all user types
20:11:24  <andythenorth> but it's really the only solution I know of that works :P
20:11:57  <Alberth> I have OWNER and TRANSLATOR properties to describe access rights already
20:12:31  <Alberth> please make an issue :)
20:13:42  <andythenorth> ho
20:13:49  <andythenorth> I'm trying to close issues, not give you more ;)
20:14:04  <Alberth> have a look at the rights.dat to see how I use them
20:14:24  <Alberth> I wasn't really going to fix that one now
20:14:56  <Alberth> perhaps we should combine it with the Message class you wanted for the pages?
20:16:13  <Alberth> how do you work with issues, do you attach target version for solving them or so?
20:21:57  <andythenorth> sometimes
20:22:00  <andythenorth> yes
20:22:01  <andythenorth> it does help
20:22:04  <andythenorth> also priority
20:22:23  <andythenorth> sometimes I target a version number
20:22:30  <andythenorth> sometimes just a milestone called 'next'
20:23:18  *** ODM has joined #openttdcoop.devzone
20:24:50  <andythenorth> Alberth: wrt <- I want to unify all the titles for string status
20:24:55  <andythenorth> I'll see if I can work that out
20:26:17  <Alberth> k, let me know when you need some help
20:26:25  <andythenorth> hmm
20:26:47  <Alberth> hmm, 'next' eh?  I was thinking to add 'future' :)
20:27:13  <andythenorth> I just leave them without a milestone in that case
20:27:20  <andythenorth> less admin ;)
20:27:36  <andythenorth>, l94-95
20:27:51  <andythenorth> I want to get the status titles from utils.get_status_definition_strings()
20:28:20  <andythenorth> hmm
20:28:30  <andythenorth> I can't just use a 'print foo' in these classes :P
20:28:39  <Alberth> print(foo)
20:28:43  <andythenorth> some python frameworks will just dump anything printed to stdout
20:28:46  <andythenorth> oh it's python 3 :P
20:29:54  <Alberth> it also still dumps loading and dropping projects, maybe that should be removed
20:30:27  <andythenorth> so these strings don't match the keys in utils
20:30:28  <andythenorth> {0: 'not available', 1: 'unknown', 2: 'up-to-date', 3: 'out-of-date', 4: 'invalid', 5: 'missing'}
20:32:44  <Alberth> that's data.STATE_MAP
20:33:05  <andythenorth> yup, looking now
20:33:59  <andythenorth> off-topic, l96 is interesting :) no .title() ?
20:34:27  <andythenorth> or does that fail on unicode?
20:35:42  <andythenorth> hmm
20:36:01  <andythenorth> that thing I put in should really be in data.STATE_MAP
20:36:08  <Alberth>   @param cases: Available cases.  ?
20:37:00  <Alberth> or rather, what l96 are you talking about? :)
20:37:39  <andythenorth> oops :m
20:37:58  <andythenorth>
20:38:05  <andythenorth> but nvm, it's a distraction ;)
20:38:20  <andythenorth> more important, I need to unify these statuses, and I'm not sure of the best route
20:39:51  <andythenorth> currently only way I can see is to lookup in data.STATE_MAP to get the status key, then use that to lookup a title in utils.get_status_definition_strings()
20:39:56  <andythenorth> which seems ass-backwards :)
20:39:57  <Alberth> oh, I still have the Python2 habit of making a list of small strings before ''.join()-ing them :)
20:41:17  <Alberth> start everything from the numbers?
20:41:28  <Alberth> and perhaps simply merge both tables?
20:41:59  <andythenorth> seems like they should be merged
20:42:26  <andythenorth> I'm a bit scared of breaking stuff I don't understand tbh
20:42:52  <andythenorth> and I probably don't have time for the whole break-fix-learn-how-it-works cycle :)
20:43:10  <Alberth> and add that title field in it as well :)
20:43:13  <andythenorth> yes
20:43:28  <andythenorth> although hard coding gui strings in the code smells :)
20:43:33  <andythenorth> should be a lang file :P
20:43:36  <andythenorth> translate the translator
20:43:37  <andythenorth> :P
20:43:39  <Alberth> +1
20:44:08  <Alberth> that will happen one day, I think :)
20:44:38  <Alberth> except the documentation I am currently writing will make that more complicated :p
20:44:48  <andythenorth> we might find that we wanted to use a framework with i18n support :)
20:44:49  <Brot6> Webtranslator - Revision 160:67aa3bfd9ea6: Change: use less prominent buttons for actions in Project... XandythenorthX @
20:44:57  <andythenorth> but we can worry about that later
20:45:12  <andythenorth> hmm
20:45:13  <Alberth> I am not that married to bottle, tbh
20:45:30  <andythenorth> off-topic, I wonder what your xml parse will do with my .pylng files
20:45:35  <andythenorth> they may contain xml :P
20:45:51  <Alberth> .lng files are not parsed as xml
20:45:58  <andythenorth> ah
20:46:06  <andythenorth> no problem then :)
20:46:17  <Alberth> and if all is well, the xml writer will encode them as character data
20:46:59  <andythenorth> &gt; :P
20:47:03  <andythenorth> been there, done that
20:47:16  <andythenorth> fortunately I had forgotten about it ;)
20:47:20  <Alberth> fish has them?
20:47:36  * andythenorth checks
20:48:03  <andythenorth> english.lng does yes
20:48:07  <andythenorth> english.pylng
20:48:56  <andythenorth> in lang_src
20:52:15  <Alberth> oh, you moved them recently then :)
20:52:17  <andythenorth> I think it will trip up eints tbh
20:52:26  <Alberth> it does not eat english.pylng
20:52:38  <andythenorth> even if it did, it might do the wrong thing
20:52:42  <andythenorth> I would be better off amending FISH
20:53:27  <andythenorth> I can append extra things to compiled english.lng at compile time
20:53:37  <andythenorth> so this is not a showstopper for me :)
20:55:50  <andythenorth> anyway
20:56:14  <andythenorth> back to tickets
20:57:02  <andythenorth> Alberth: 4823 looks like 'nice to have' not 'essential
20:57:12  <andythenorth>
20:57:48  <Brot6> Webtranslator - Feature Request #4823: While translating a string also allow to show other translati... XandythenorthX @
20:57:53  *** ODM has quit IRC
21:01:04  <Brot6> Webtranslator - Feature Request #5195: Back links from the string edit page XandythenorthX @
21:02:55  <Alberth> 4823 is currently implemented in WT3, and probably essential for keeping things consistent, but yeah tomorrow is soon enough for it :)
21:19:53  <andythenorth> Alberth: I pushed something for 5192
21:20:03  <andythenorth> it's imperfect
21:20:43  <Alberth> k, will have a look at it
21:21:25  <andythenorth> users.dat - should be in .hgignore?
21:22:02  <Alberth> I think it should be users_empty.dat, and have users.dat outside the repo
21:22:12  <Alberth> and probably ignored too :)
21:22:29  <Alberth> .hgignore does not work for things in the repo
21:22:37  <andythenorth> my next commit will push my password :P
21:23:04  <Alberth> ie it only suppresses display of unknown files, nothing more
21:23:37  <Alberth> I hope you did not use that password for anything else :p
21:26:16  <andythenorth> nope :)
21:45:36  <Brot6> Webtranslator - Revision 161:9ee0c2b782ba: Change: provide a message about uploading a lang file (#5... XandythenorthX @
22:06:16  <Alberth> good night
22:07:19  *** Alberth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
22:18:48  *** frosch123 has quit IRC
22:37:53  *** andythenorth has left #openttdcoop.devzone
22:46:43  *** Zuu has joined #openttdcoop.devzone

Powered by YARRSTE version: svn-trunk